TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Gradiant
    FFR's Resident Trashpanda
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Sep 2012
    • 1100

    #436
    Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

    Originally posted by storn42
    Now that i have reread the thread i have some new thoughts (and some changed opinions )



    Rereading this i dont like freezin in this interaction. he hard pushed a joke response to a joke question. a lot of the things freezin wolf reads bolth for actually come off as natural responses and NAI posts. like i said before "tryhard" is the perfect way to describe how i feel about freezin. He's too eager to push the smallest things, which i feel comes from an over eagerness to play the game. This could just as easily be towny as it couldbe wolfy. However i think that this could easily be a towny bolth as well. a lot of the arguments stacked against him i feel could be easily just be explained as him being a new player. If nothing else, i think we should let bolth live through D0, there are better wolves to hunt today.

    Now something that REALLY strikes me wrong is this freezin post





    I find his wording here quite odd. Like if he's talking about himself and bolth why use t/t and t/w. but more off putting is that he specifically thinks its not t/t. wouldn't it be better to just call bolth a wolf here? And if this involves you shouldn't it be a guaranteed t/t or t/w? this just more feels like too hard of a push on bolth, or maybe even a weird wolf slip. either way i dont like this post.

    And lastly i have a seriously important question.



    @Bolth mann, what made you remember TWG?
    Uneasy about storn here, reread the whole thread and only thing he has to talk about is freezin. Is that really the only changed opinion you had? And does that changed opinion mean that the person that's fishy in the freezin/bolt interaction is bolt now or something else?

    For another thing, the point that apparently made freezin the most scummy to you was you misreading which got corrected so is the only reason for your scumread that little push earlygame?

    Comment

    • Hakulyte
      aka Haku
      • Jul 2005
      • 4697

      #437
      Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

      Originally posted by Gradiant
      Would entirely depend on if wolves have daychat
      I think this is important to know or at least know that we don't know.

      Comment

      • mellon_collie
        FFR Player
        • May 2017
        • 156

        #438
        Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

        Originally posted by MixMasterLar
        Do you uh...normally have to ISO yourself to remember who all you've commented on?
        yupp, I have adhd and smoke lots of weed all day every day, I even had memory problems back in early childhood/school years that affected my school work but that was probably untreated adhd back then. so yeah I have to ISO myself to remember what I've talked about rofl I have an absolutely shit memory

        Originally posted by Xiz
        He as in haku or me
        He as in Shadowgod, sorry. I meant Shadowgod didn't mention my comments that I made on you or haku

        Originally posted by MixMasterLar
        Also

        Storn

        Don't make me thunderdome you for a gotdam reads list I am petty and will do so
        This sounds fun

        Comment

        • Gradiant
          FFR's Resident Trashpanda
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Sep 2012
          • 1100

          #439
          Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
          I don't think I've ever seen a game where a d0 info lynch did any good. I find the concept over rated
          I mean, I didn't say I was gungho about the vote. But is trying to get some interaction info from a lynch really much worse than otherwise voting based on nothing? There have been players both targeting and defending bolt so there are interactions there that could lead to some other developments next phase.
          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
          Do you uh...normally have to ISO yourself to remember who all you've commented on?
          thought this was funny. I'd agree here solely because of how early in the game it is, in longer games I've forgotten some stuff and had to look through my posts but those were late in like thousand post games
          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
          Wait

          You don't get to just state this as if Storn has done anything to warrant a town read. I'm gonna need you to explain this
          Agreed here, ties in with my thoughts on storn.
          Sort of related to that is haku's post right after regarding xiz's thoughts on bolt which is kinda similar but there's a slight bit more thought there about it. He is at least pointing out a little about how he's playing rather than saying he likes one post a player made and that they're off the table. Would still rather xiz explain his reads a bit further when making posts like that.

          Comment

          • mellon_collie
            FFR Player
            • May 2017
            • 156

            #440
            Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

            Originally posted by Gradiant
            Uneasy about storn here, reread the whole thread and only thing he has to talk about is freezin. Is that really the only changed opinion you had? And does that changed opinion mean that the person that's fishy in the freezin/bolt interaction is bolt now or something else?

            For another thing, the point that apparently made freezin the most scummy to you was you misreading which got corrected so is the only reason for your scumread that little push earlygame?
            I wanna sheep Gradiant's read hard here

            I remember shooting wolfy boii Shadowolfe one game after he "re-read" the thread and only came up with one pretty mild take about me, who hadn't even been in the thread for an IRL day at that point. This seems eerily similar to what Storn did in this post

            Comment

            • Hakulyte
              aka Haku
              • Jul 2005
              • 4697

              #441
              Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

              Storn feels like a viable vote.
              Xiz feels like a viable vote.
              Bolth mannn feels like a viable vote.

              Anything outside of that feels like reaching.

              y/n ?

              Comment

              • Gradiant
                FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Sep 2012
                • 1100

                #442
                Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                Originally posted by Gradiant
                Uneasy about storn here, reread the whole thread and only thing he has to talk about is freezin. Is that really the only changed opinion you had? And does that changed opinion mean that the person that's fishy in the freezin/bolt interaction is bolt now or something else?

                For another thing, the point that apparently made freezin the most scummy to you was you misreading which got corrected so is the only reason for your scumread that little push earlygame?
                not only this btw but the only thing he had said before the reread was the one post on freezin he changed his opinion on, and then shitposting. So there wasn't even any other opinions for him to change his mind on anyway.

                Comment

                • MixMasterLar
                  Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 5403

                  #443
                  Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                  The Storn thing just comes off as him faking attention while trying not to rock the boat
                  ​

                  Comment

                  • Gradiant
                    FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 1100

                    #444
                    Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                    Originally posted by Hakulyte
                    Storn feels like a viable vote.
                    Xiz feels like a viable vote.
                    Bolth mannn feels like a viable vote.

                    Anything outside of that feels like reaching.

                    y/n ?
                    Xiz the only thing really is I don't like people saying they like a post with no reasoning and then using that to take people off the table.

                    bolt I wouldn't feel comfortable voting just yet myself but if he happened to be the lynch we would probably be able to get at least some useful shit out of it.

                    I'd include you in this little list.

                    Comment

                    • MixMasterLar
                      Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 5403

                      #445
                      Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                      Originally posted by Hakulyte
                      Storn feels like a viable vote.
                      Xiz feels like a viable vote.
                      Bolth mannn feels like a viable vote.

                      Anything outside of that feels like reaching.

                      y/n ?
                      That's a capital N sir.

                      Why don't you actually answer my earlier question and explain why Freezin is off the table for you? Or literally everyone else for that matter
                      ​

                      Comment

                      • mellon_collie
                        FFR Player
                        • May 2017
                        • 156

                        #446
                        Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                        Originally posted by Hakulyte
                        Storn feels like a viable vote.
                        Xiz feels like a viable vote.
                        Bolth mannn feels like a viable vote.

                        Anything outside of that feels like reaching.

                        y/n ?
                        storn feels ok
                        xiz why?
                        bolth idk it seems kinda too easy and like there has been too much momentum and focus on him

                        Comment

                        • mellon_collie
                          FFR Player
                          • May 2017
                          • 156

                          #447
                          Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                          Originally posted by mellon_collie
                          storn feels ok
                          xiz why?
                          bolth idk it seems kinda too easy and like there has been too much momentum and focus on him
                          storn feels ok to vote for**

                          Comment

                          • Hakulyte
                            aka Haku
                            • Jul 2005
                            • 4697

                            #448
                            Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                            Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                            Why don't you actually answer my earlier question and explain why Freezin is off the table for you? Or literally everyone else for that matter
                            ..because I'm playing by gut feeling and that's incredibly unreliable for objectively justifying anything ?

                            I just like this Freezin because it reminds me of the town Freezin I played with in previous games.

                            Comment

                            • Hakulyte
                              aka Haku
                              • Jul 2005
                              • 4697

                              #449
                              Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                              Originally posted by mellon_collie
                              xiz why?
                              iso Xiz and read it like you were a wolf and wanted to comment things with minimal effort.

                              tl;dr version:
                              Originally posted by Gradiant
                              Xiz the only thing really is I don't like people saying they like a post with no reasoning and then using that to take people off the table.

                              Comment

                              • MixMasterLar
                                Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2006
                                • 5403

                                #450
                                Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                                Originally posted by Hakulyte
                                ..because I'm playing by gut feeling and that's incredibly unreliable for objectively justifying anything ?

                                I just like this Freezin because it reminds me of the town Freezin I played with in previous games.
                                Well if you feel it in your gut then you're gonna have to trust there's something good in his post that support that while you go through and find something good in his posts that support it.

                                I can't follow the lead of someone who's been dodging a question and then can only say gut
                                ​

                                Comment

                                Working...