TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bolth mannn
    FFR Veteran
    • Aug 2008
    • 2228

    #421
    Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

    Originally posted by Hakulyte
    That's like a big ouch.
    ????

    freeze was taunting me for some reads on players after 3 and a half hours of gameplay, so I obliged.

    Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
    Why would he feel like he's in danger like less than 12 hours into the game?
    Ever since shooting shit back at freezing, I feel like I've had to play defensively. This might just be because I'm not used to the game. Can you blame me? I was attacked very early on for non-serious posts.

    Anyway, I've observed enough, gonna do some reads.

    MML, roundbox, Shadow and Fat Fuck are all town reads from me. They are asking good questions to others and to themselves, and I feel like they are making an overall impact on the game in a positive way. I wouldn't feel comfortable voting for any of these guys on d0.

    I am extremely against poptarts playstyle in this game. No reads either way because he hasn't given us a chance to. Regardless of what happens from here until EOD, I'm pretty unhappy playing with someone like this.

    I'll go through my thoughts on the rest:

    DaBackPack: There hasn't been anything new from him since I last mentioned it but again, I really don't like his wham bam vote. It was right in the middle of everyone reading into my initial longpost and no one thought twice of him throwing that vote out there, and nobody asked him for an explanation. He didn't give an explanation on that OR on any of the other vague reads he made. He has offered nothing to the game thus far and I'm suspicious of his motives.

    mellon_collie: I still feel like youre floating through this too easily. Your take on Xiz was simply that you weren't a fan of him wanting to lynch AFKers. Your take on Haku is not really a take either, just you asking him why our interaction on the first couple pages is such a hot topic for him. Again, you've given no real independant thoughts on anyone in this game and no one is really demanding them from you either. I don't like this.
    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    Bolth, Raeko is always kind of just like this d0. Not clearing her, but I don't think for her meta she's particularly UTR.
    Maybe, maybe not. I think it would be unwise for me to try and judge anyones actions in this game based on their actions in previous games. Her actions in this one make me suspicious, and I'm not a fan of most people just giving her a free pass.

    storn42: storny is very similar to mellon for me, not giving any independant thoughts on anyone in the game until recently just now. Responding to things in a very de-escalating manner, avoiding conflict. His reasoning for freeze is based on a very very early interaction, and he hasn't commented on anything since.

    Hakulyte: Firstly,
    Originally posted by Hakulyte
    If you're Roundbox or Plop you can ignore what I said in the last few pages.
    What is this??? Secondly, Haku is someone I'm having the most trouble reading. My gut tells me there's something off about the way he interacts with everyone, I don't like that he went into a whole pity thing earlier, and he seems to have a very high opinion of himself and his gameplay, which, regardless of alignment, I don't really like playing with people like that. His style seems to be very self aware, and he seems to ask questions looking for reactions rather than answers. He seems to be commenting on everyone fairly equally even though he spent a lot of time tunnelling me. Still unsure how to read.

    Xiz: Another one I don't really know how to read. He has been tunneling me hard. While ISOing him I swear to god 95% of his posts have my name in them. Problem is, all his other reads are based on his assumption of me being wolf, so there's nothing there I'm finding inherently helpful.

    Freeze: You said you would come back with an analysis on my response to you after work. You did not do that. You made a single response to MML regarding his accusation on you posting a lot. You have not posted since. Was your strategy to hardpush me and then sit back and observe the fallout? Your posting has been extremely inconsistent. Very high volume at the start, nothing since. I hope to hear more from you before EoD because you've dropped off the face of the earth.

    Gradiant: I can't tell if I just don't like your playstyle or if I am suspicious of you. You have a very low post count. Your posts do seem to be thought out but you also got strangely defensive of my call for you to post more, considering you had only made 2 actual reads which were both light town reads, nothing that really sparks conversation or gives anyone anything to go off. Your most recent post is more what I'm after, however, you're really only going after one person (haku), which is not unwarranted, however, I really want to know what you think of more people.

    At this point, I'm torn on who to vote for. I am hoping something happens in the next few hours that clear things up for me.

    Comment

    • Xiz
      TWG Chaos
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Feb 2012
      • 3399

      #422
      Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

      I like storn a lot, he’s off the table for me today.
      I miss dbp

      Roundbox did you ask me a question I think I forgot to respond to it lol

      Comment

      • Xiz
        TWG Chaos
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Feb 2012
        • 3399

        #423
        Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

        Both, there is one thing that’s just surprising to me about your play style. You say you are a new player, but you post like a hardcore vet player, with a level of detail I’m honestly impressed with that a lot of vets don’t even do.

        Either way hats off to you, I appreciate players who really try to dive deep.
        Wolf or town, you are trying and I respect that.

        unvote

        I think I’ve gotten all the info I need about bolth, and if possible we should focus on other people for the rest of the phase

        Comment

        • FreezinIce
          FFR Player
          • May 2005
          • 265

          #424
          Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

          Worked a full shift yesterday, came home and slept for 12 hours, then worked again.

          Im have time to catch up in a bit, expect a massive amount of me shortly
          ========

          To let the world be.

          ========

          Originally posted by Charu
          Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


          Originally posted by mellon_collie
          AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
          Originally posted by roundbox
          AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


          Originally posted by Afrobean
          Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
          Originally posted by Red
          My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
          Originally posted by TWG Ike
          SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

          Comment

          • FreezinIce
            FFR Player
            • May 2005
            • 265

            #425
            Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

            And that annoying thing where people react to past stuff.

            I might even do the roundbox quote train post
            ========

            To let the world be.

            ========

            Originally posted by Charu
            Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


            Originally posted by mellon_collie
            AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
            Originally posted by roundbox
            AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


            Originally posted by Afrobean
            Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
            Originally posted by Red
            My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
            Originally posted by TWG Ike
            SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

            Comment

            • FreezinIce
              FFR Player
              • May 2005
              • 265

              #426
              Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

              Originally posted by FreezinIce

              I might even do the roundbox quote train post
              Actually no, how about i dont become what i hate
              ========

              To let the world be.

              ========

              Originally posted by Charu
              Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


              Originally posted by mellon_collie
              AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
              Originally posted by roundbox
              AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


              Originally posted by Afrobean
              Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
              Originally posted by Red
              My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
              Originally posted by TWG Ike
              SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

              Comment

              • Xiz
                TWG Chaos
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Feb 2012
                • 3399

                #427
                Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                hey fatfuck

                would you mind giving me a reads list of people you have thoughts on so far?

                Just ISO'd you, and you have yet to give any detailed opinions about anyone this game that I have noticed. It's all sheeping or asking some filler questions.

                Comment

                • Xiz
                  TWG Chaos
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Feb 2012
                  • 3399

                  #428
                  Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                  ^ if im wrong fatfuck, prove me wrong

                  Comment

                  • MixMasterLar
                    Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 5401

                    #429
                    Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                    I like booths post but like Xiz that comes across as a player that knows what he's talking about, not a hardcore vet


                    Also he just instictly shortens my name to MML, while in this game everyone including host has shorten it to Lar. MML is fine and all but it's weird for a fresh player to pick up on that, seems like the thing someone who's played with me for years would do out of habit from a time when they didn't have a nickname for me yet

                    Rather that's Alightment Indicative or whatever, I'll come back to.

                    For now, Bolth, I don't think what you are picking up on Haku is out of the ordinary for his town game, especially that pity play. Town Haku tends to flounder about and wolf Haku is much more focus and down to business. That said, I've been seeing some of that in his play and I think I can agree to lean him scum for the moment

                    As for DBP, he always post sporadically. It's actually really annoying because he'll likely come in here, invote, and then go back like 40 hours and respond individually to every single post that catches his fancy within the span of 2 hours before EoD.

                    Not trying to slam him, he keeps a busy schedule in real life, but that's what will happen.

                    I think the fact that everyone expects that from him and he still made an effort early game instead of actually going UTR until EoD speaks well. I probably lean him town
                    ​

                    Comment

                    • MixMasterLar
                      Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 5401

                      #430
                      Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                      Also

                      Storn

                      Don't make me thunderdome you for a gotdam reads list I am petty and will do so
                      ​

                      Comment

                      • MixMasterLar
                        Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 5401

                        #431
                        Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                        Apparently I wrote not a hardcore vote

                        I am very much calling him a hardcore vet

                        I also apparently am calling him booths now
                        ​

                        Comment

                        • Hakulyte
                          aka Haku
                          • Jul 2005
                          • 4697

                          #432
                          Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                          Originally posted by Gradiant
                          I mean I guess I can get the vote, info lynch at least based on the shit that happened first day. But I really hope you'll be here a bit more in later phases since how can anybody respond or get responses or make reads when you're only here a couple hours
                          I don't work on weekends so, I have a full 24h at the beginning of next phase.

                          Comment

                          • MixMasterLar
                            Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2006
                            • 5401

                            #433
                            Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                            Wait


                            Originally posted by Xiz
                            I like storn a lot, he’s off the table for me today.

                            You don't get to just state this as if Storn has done anything to warrant a town read. I'm gonna need you to explain this
                            ​

                            Comment

                            • Hakulyte
                              aka Haku
                              • Jul 2005
                              • 4697

                              #434
                              Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                              Wait
                              Originally posted by Xiz
                              Both, there is one thing that’s just surprising to me about your play style. You say you are a new player, but you post like a hardcore vet player, with a level of detail I’m honestly impressed with that a lot of vets don’t even do.

                              Either way hats off to you, I appreciate players who really try to dive deep.
                              Wolf or town, you are trying and I respect that.

                              unvote

                              I think I’ve gotten all the info I need about bolth, and if possible we should focus on other people for the rest of the phase
                              You don't get to just state this as if Storn Bolth mannn has done anything to warrant a town read. I'm gonna need you to explain this

                              Comment

                              • Gradiant
                                FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Sep 2012
                                • 1100

                                #435
                                Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                                Yo bolt, why do you not like my response just now and not when it happened? Is it just because you don't know how to read me?

                                Comment

                                Working...