TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Gradiant
    FFR's Resident Trashpanda
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Sep 2012
    • 1100

    #241
    Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

    Originally posted by Bolth mannn
    you haven’t had opinions on anything

    Comment

    • Gradiant
      FFR's Resident Trashpanda
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Sep 2012
      • 1100

      #242
      Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

      Originally posted by Xiz
      yeaaaah I worded it wrong lol, i meant 'ive ignored jrodd since i just noticed hes inactive, but jrodd is now a shadow and shadow is in shitpost mode so that doesn't help reads for me'
      Have you played with a wolf shadow before?

      Comment

      • Bolth mannn
        FFR Veteran
        • Aug 2008
        • 2228

        #243
        Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

        Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
        Out of these three, who do you want to hear from the most? Gradiant posted a little bit ago and gave his thoughts on a few people. Roundy's probably gonna do something, knowing him.



        Out of the three I'm the most concerned with is Poptart as he's done this a couple times and has rolled wolf while doing so


        I must have missed gradiants post, I’ll go back and read. In answer to your question, all of them? You guys haven’t played with me before, yea, but I haven’t played with any of you before. Roundbox probably going to do something is no less concerning to me than poptart, cause he hasn’t done anything

        Comment

        • Gradiant
          FFR's Resident Trashpanda
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Sep 2012
          • 1100

          #244
          Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

          I mean yeah i haven't posted much compared to some people here but prob check before you post like that so you don't have flat out lies in there.

          Comment

          • Bolth mannn
            FFR Veteran
            • Aug 2008
            • 2228

            #245
            Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

            Originally posted by Gradiant
            I mean yeah i haven't posted much compared to some people here but prob check before you post like that so you don't have flat out lies in there.


            Fair point

            Comment

            • Shadow_God_10
              Somewhere, but not here
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Mar 2006
              • 2227

              #246
              Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

              13 people viewing the thread... 13 players in the game.... HMMMMMMMMMM

              Originally posted by Svaz
              more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
              Originally posted by mellon_collie
              TIL women have breasts because of horniness
              Originally posted by bugkid666
              sunfan I fucked up
              Originally posted by MixMasterLar
              Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

              Originally posted by Funnygurl555
              your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
              Originally posted by DaBackpack
              might quit having sex every day and focus more on shooting myself in the testicles with an elephant gun

              Comment

              • Shadow_God_10
                Somewhere, but not here
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Mar 2006
                • 2227

                #247
                Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                AND WE ON PAGE 13

                Originally posted by Svaz
                more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
                Originally posted by mellon_collie
                TIL women have breasts because of horniness
                Originally posted by bugkid666
                sunfan I fucked up
                Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

                Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                might quit having sex every day and focus more on shooting myself in the testicles with an elephant gun

                Comment

                • Xiz
                  TWG Chaos
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Feb 2012
                  • 3399

                  #248
                  Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                  Originally posted by Gradiant
                  Have you played with a wolf shadow before?
                  if I have i have forgotten. I see where you are going with this, and my read on him is based off of just bolth. Im starting to believe this read less and less but imma still try to defend it because i might be on to something

                  Comment

                  • roundbox
                    fhqwhgads
                    • Feb 2005
                    • 2086

                    #249
                    Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                    Originally posted by FreezinIce
                    im cereal

                    one of the things i had the most trouble with when i was just a baby wolf was responding to probes, even if they were obvious jokes. I did my fair share of really weird jokey or awkward deflections
                    I mean, how did you expect him to respond? I've hated most reaction tests just because you can move the goalposts wherever the fuck you want to call someone out
                    what merit freezin would have doing this to a new player? probably nothing unless he's a wolf. I don't see him picking the easy target to tunnel on as a wolf tho

                    Originally posted by Hakulyte
                    TWG logic wants me to believe that this is not a W/W scenario.

                    That it could be T/W or T/T and that Freezin is most likely a T because wolves don't usually hard push stuff like that this early because they tend to not live really long.

                    The question is; how to read Bolth mannn ?
                    if this is W/W I will put a bunch of forks instead of raviolis in the microwave

                    Originally posted by Hakulyte
                    This might be me having the usual hallucination, but..

                    I read this as a wolf voting another wolf for fun to appear more towny.

                    This post is like confirming that she's okay with the above post rather than being confused or looking for an explanation.

                    It leads me to think Bolth mannn/Raeko are the same alignment, because I don't understand their interaction as two towns.
                    I really, really, REALLY don't see this at all
                    I'm not including the later post where haku says that they're okay keeping this read on their interaction, but I feel like this is reading into the most hollow of introduction posts for something as strong as partner interactions
                    this just seems like raeko responding like normal

                    Originally posted by FreezinIce
                    this might be my confirmation bias speaking but that does fit with the theme of really awkward posts from bolth

                    i think it has a higher chance of being T/W though because mello is generally really friendly and i could see her having that interaction as a town.

                    obv i dont think its T/T.

                    So to me its another stripe for bolth
                    agree on the raeko, same thoughts as earlier about bolthmann

                    Originally posted by Bolth mannn
                    Alrighty, d0 analysis time.

                    From what I understand of the games Ive read, almost all d0 votes are pretty much based on nothing. At the end of the day, I’m the new kid on the block and I absolutely expected someone to grill me to see how I react. How I see it, there’s not a single response I could have given to the initial question that someone wouldn’t have read into. Very smart for Xiz to do me like that.

                    Freezin was word vomit from the start, and he hardpushed me based on nearly nothing, but again, I expected someone to, so I don’t think he’s acting overly suspicious, especially as he seems to be a vet based on the reactions to him in the signup thread, I wouldn’t expect him to make such a mistake early on.

                    My vote for Melon was obvs based on nothing, but chars reading of that is probably the smartest thing I’ve read in the thread this far so I don’t blame anyone for thinking this way. Early joke votes are common in past games so i didn’t think much of it but obviously again being the new guy I’m gonna be heavily scrutinised.

                    Way I see it, it’s way too early to know who any wolves might be. I’m upset melon didn’t respond with something more to go off. I did notice char has adopted the wise old towny role, which is always a good stance to take when someone’s going a bit word crazy, so I have slight suspicions on him, as well as Xiz, who was very quick to claim innocence, but honestly guys, way too early no?
                    I see why Xiz is like "this guy might be lying about his gameplay", but I liked this post a bit

                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    what exactly does this mean? what kind of mistake do you think freezin wouldn't make as an expert? more importantly is his aggro on you not a mistake?

                    in a similar vein what about him being a vet makes him less suspicious?
                    aside from this part; I think this is a solid take from backpack.

                    Originally posted by Bolth mannn
                    I've been re-reading the thread and I have to say I'm not as suspicious anymore. My previous suspicion was based on you acting overly calm and rational while freezin was acting overly all over the place, which is a great way to seem trustworthy and get people to listen to you. I've looked at your post history and it seems pretty consistent with your posting style, though. I think it just seemed more extreme during the moment. Again, though, it was only a slight suspicion, as mentioned.


                    well i'm definitely horny


                    I have played 4 games of TWG in my life, however, these were back in 2009, I was 14 years old and if you read over the games I was completely awful at it. Since then I've forgotten about TWG until about a month ago. In that time I've been reading old games and a few of the more recent less complicated ones, and I'm more or less playing this completely blind.


                    It's the fact that from a few weeks of my own research, I gathered that hard pushing so early in a game is almost always a terrible idea, so it seems out of character for a 'vet' to make such a simple mistake without an ulterior motive. I assume since he is a vet, he is just grilling the new player hard because he is confident he can protect himself and keep suspicions at bay. If he was not a vet, I would assume straight away that he is a wolf.


                    See thats the thing that is confusing me, I'm clearly in danger and more or less have been since the very start, but is there anything I've done thats inherently wolfy? Storn, DaBackPack, Xiz, and others seem to get away with posting lots of shit that, if posted by me, I feel would also be getting highly scrutinised. Is it simply the fact that I'm a new player? It seems the safest way for a new player to play is to say as little as possible, but that doesnt seem fun.


                    From my last point, this is what I mean. Raeko and I seem to have similar posting styles, but he is getting read as town, and I am getting targeted as wolf. Have my posts actually been awkward or do you guys just not know my posting style yet?

                    Regardless, I'm going to observe for longer and re-read the thread a few more times before I start deciding who to vote for. As I said earlier, I think it's just too early in the game, and we haven't even heard from some people yet. unvote
                    this post is also pretty cool; I think everyone reading wolf into bolthmann is having that new player bias syndrome
                    (also raeko is a she)
                    boltmann is doing a good job emulating standard ffr play. someone mentioned confidence in his play (I think it was Xiz), and I think that's something hard to fake coming back as a wolf.


                    Originally posted by Xiz
                    Brothman is really interesting.

                    I think they are telling us half truths about how many games they have played. Either that or we (few of us) assumed this is broths first game with no prior gameplay experience.

                    They have stated they have read a few games to better prepare themselves, which makes me believe the VT question was a dumbbell.

                    I’ve never seen a new player make such a long, confident, and serious post in the history of twg and it excites me. Either way however he flips I think they are gonna be a strong player and people shouldn’t put a newbie blanket over them.
                    oh yeah here's where Xiz says confident
                    I don't disagree with keeping the pressure on him (as you should on everybody), but I think driving him into wolf territory is far too much fmpov
                    Originally posted by the sun fan
                    I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                    Comment

                    • mellon_collie
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2017
                      • 156

                      #250
                      Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                      Originally posted by roundbox
                      (also raeko is a she)
                      alright it worked i've been pocketed, never voting for roundbox ever

                      Comment

                      • Xiz
                        TWG Chaos
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Feb 2012
                        • 3399

                        #251
                        Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                        lol

                        Comment

                        • roundbox
                          fhqwhgads
                          • Feb 2005
                          • 2086

                          #252
                          Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                          The question I gotta ask myself right is, would town Freezin effort post so hard and when he's called out for it when he agree that I have a point and be chill, factoring in the knowledge that we use to tunnel hard as town's on d0 like all the time

                          If I assume that Freezin is wolf and I'm a God at d0 reads, would that contradict my feelings on Haku and Xiz?

                          No.

                          Frankly it just seems like 3 people are trying to pocket me rn. Especially Haku's statement that MixMasterWolf wouldn't go there knowing he's town.

                          Like, I would and have?
                          I think MML is the towniest of my reads atm. I think his awareness of pocketing is like, hyper-elevated. I agree with most of his reads as well (still deciding where Xiz is at though). JUST DON'T ACCUSE ME OF TRYING TO POCKET YOU BY TOWNREADING YOU HERE, OKAY???

                          Originally posted by mellon_collie
                          I find this HIGHLY suspicious, what kind of response is this to make to someone????
                          lol

                          Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
                          I don't like this combined with the vote on Raeko
                          now YOU'RE reading into it too much?

                          Originally posted by Gradiant
                          Don't believe I've played a game with a wolf shadow before but I don't really think one would question something like this? slight town lean for him right here.

                          By volume clear I'd assume 'being town by posting a lot', which isn't really a thing. Any role could just spam the thread with stuff, look at ffa the last game.

                          Town lean for fatfuck as well, statements like xiz's entrance are generally looked down upon here and it'd be easy for him to skate by saying that same thought. But he's disagreeing with mml there that it's a scummy post instead.
                          I don't see how shadowgod asking about the volume clear as a wolf is necessarily alignment indicative. are you suggesting he would say this in wolf chat instead and get clarity from them?

                          I have liked plop's entrance as well though

                          Originally posted by fatfuck42
                          Idk if a mod is gonna approve the post I sent earlier today so I'll just write it out again. Seems like it's even more relevant now too, lol

                          Basically, I think we need to be extra careful when trying to read bolth. Maybe it's because the word Red is right there in his avatar, but playing with him reminds me of playing with Red Blaster in the past. Red would post something that you'd typically read one way if it were anyone else, but coming from him you'd have no idea what his motivation was. Very unpredictable and difficult to parse.

                          Like with this quote here, originally I was suspicious of why bolth was describing himself as "clearly in danger" so early on. Some people hadn't posted anything of substance yet, EoD was a while off yet, etc etc. Seemed like a wolfy thing to think, but after mulling it over I think it's more so him being a new player who's eager to play and doesn't wanna get knocked out early regardless of how he's aligned.

                          I bring this up because, if my take is right and bolth similar to Red, I don't want a repeat of what happened in some Red games, where we wasted lynches and time and energy trying to decipher him based on criteria that we shouldn't have applied to him.
                          we're coming to similar conclusions to bolth, but from different perspectives
                          I do agree with the wonderful segway into red blaster, lmao
                          I think we should be bold with a lynch today instead of go for a target who hasn't really done anything egregiously wolfy

                          Originally posted by fatfuck42
                          I'm surprised to see people reading haku as town. First post he says we should focus on finding townies before hunting wolves, but then he goes in on the raeko/bolth interaction. His words don't align with his actions.

                          Then, the actual raeko/bolth read stinks. He's reading way too much into that interaction. It was such a basic early game horsin around conversation, and thinking that raeko's "</3" response is an inside joke between wolves is pretty out there. Wolves aren't gonna be winking at each other and giggling to themselves right there in the thread like that.

                          I know he has limited time to play so he's gonna be looking for something substantial out of the limited posts there were at the time, but...c'mon, lol. It reads to me like he's more interested in looking like he's trying to solve the game than actually working at solving it.
                          hey man come on get out of my head
                          MiNdMelD

                          Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
                          That works for me.

                          Hmm.. I wanna hear more from Subaru. I feel like we've all forgotten about him
                          Originally posted by Xiz
                          Yeah i don't buy it. This with the whole 'fuck you' to freezin feels weird.

                          bolth

                          I don't want Bolth to die because new player but it's my strongest read atm. If Bolth is wolf then freezin is like 80% wolf, but i don't want to assume that until a flip happens.

                          Bolth/Roundbox/Poptart/Freezin is where i'm at for wolves. I have no issue killing afk's atm consdiering how im town reading most everyone else or at least have them as null.
                          I don't think wolf freezin has incentive to push a new player here. it seems like far too easy of a target for him to latch his wolfy jaws onto
                          I still disagree with boltmann being wolfy

                          Originally posted by Xiz
                          or you can bring up something new with people who are here already?
                          however, I really like this post from Xiz. I feel like shadowgod is starting to tunnel on bolthmann a bit too much and is suggesting that the narrative of the thread is gonna be focused just on him
                          there are 13 players in this game, why shift it towards the lowest-hanging fruit?

                          Originally posted by mellon_collie


                          roundbox's triumphant return to the thread
                          it me

                          Originally posted by mellon_collie
                          alright it worked i've been pocketed, never voting for roundbox ever
                          that was easy
                          Originally posted by the sun fan
                          I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                          Comment

                          • Shadow_God_10
                            Somewhere, but not here
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Mar 2006
                            • 2227

                            #253
                            Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                            Originally posted by Xiz
                            if I have i have forgotten. I see where you are going with this, and my read on him is based off of just bolth. Im starting to believe this read less and less but imma still try to defend it because i might be on to something
                            What are you working out in your head? I'm interested.

                            Originally posted by Svaz
                            more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
                            Originally posted by mellon_collie
                            TIL women have breasts because of horniness
                            Originally posted by bugkid666
                            sunfan I fucked up
                            Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                            Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

                            Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                            your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
                            Originally posted by DaBackpack
                            might quit having sex every day and focus more on shooting myself in the testicles with an elephant gun

                            Comment

                            • Xiz
                              TWG Chaos
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Feb 2012
                              • 3399

                              #254
                              Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                              eh its stupid

                              Considering how boolth was so aggro out of what apperaed to be nowhere, and had such formulated and detailed opinions right from the getgo as a new player, i was trying to figure why the hell he would act like that. if there is a wolf chat where the partners are talking I wouldnt be surprised if like, he tried to distance from freezin or something but then freezin is like 'nah dude dont do that'

                              look its such a low % of being true but thats where my mind went and i do see that but at this stage its so tunnel vision, and its why i didnt say it at the start so... yeah lol

                              honest read. is it a good one? most likely not. If it's right tho... that snipe would be stupid funny :P

                              Comment

                              • roundbox
                                fhqwhgads
                                • Feb 2005
                                • 2086

                                #255
                                Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                                haku and [twgv]shadowgod[/twv] are rubbin me the wrong way atm

                                bolthmann is a light town, and I think freezin picking him as his d0 "I'ma tunnel this guy" is also probably a light town tell for the moment

                                mml and plop are looking the towniest among people

                                Xiz has done things I like and things I don't like, but I want to see him respond to my idea about freezin's incentive before I pass further judgment

                                backpack has made an observation I like
                                gradiant gave a read that I think is nai, but he's null for now

                                everyone else has yet to make a major impression on me
                                Originally posted by the sun fan
                                I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                                Comment

                                Working...