TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Humans Win)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • talisman
    Resident Penguin
    FFR Simfile Author
    • May 2003
    • 4598

    #256
    also there was the post-insta plan chardish had of for some reason still not killing hans and using the bookie to do it, which was blasted fairly harshly.

    still going by that convo I had with tps, I don't know about chardish. Unless the both of them are doing a repeat of XV it doesn't seem logical to name off a fellow wolf as a top suspicion right off the bat. Whereas quickly tossing in the omega reference then semi-negating it does make some sense to do if both are wolves. also to beat this into the ground... if anyone has any other logged convos with tps posting them can't hurt.

    Comment

    • nforcer06164
      FFR Player
      • Mar 2003
      • 4772

      #257
      Sorry for the inactivity. I do realize that by being relatively inactive, I'm really not being very helpful. My worth from other games was my activity. I always try to be as active as I possibly can, but with school now, it's getting more difficult. I promise I'll do my best, though.

      My thoughts on Omega... if I remember correctly, his posts struck me as more "hyped-up", or "excited", rather than wolfy. He really did lack a normally acceptable explanation in regards to his voting for TPS, though. I do think that what he did made him look a bit suspicious, even to me, but still, it didn't strike me as particularly wolfy. I don't know. Maybe I read it wrong, but that's what I got out of it.

      What we have neglected to examine, now that we know that the guardian is alive, is the fact that our only new player this game, Torlock, was wolfed Night 1. I doubt he "took a hit for the team," so to speak. Unless Tass is lying (which is nearly impossible), there was no good reason for killing Torlock. There were so many good choices... they could've even killed me if they thought a top-tier player would be guarded. My point is, something stinks. Really bad.

      PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
      Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
      Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

      Originally posted by Squeek
      My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

      Comment

      • talisman
        Resident Penguin
        FFR Simfile Author
        • May 2003
        • 4598

        #258
        I'm thinking the torlock kill was to generate paranoia and confusion... remember it was tps himself who first brought up the fact that torlock could have been blue with that convo on page one day one. Perhaps the wovles just wanted us to doubt ourselves more and thus slow down the formation of alliances.

        Comment

        • aperson
          FFR Hall of Fame
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jul 2003
          • 3434

          #259
          Alright guys I haven't been around because of parties/midterms, finally done with all that so I can take a break and look at TWG.
          It seems like the only evidence on me is my inactivity and attack on Chardish. Since I'm not in the alliance, I'll just try to prove my humanity so you all don't waste a lynch on me at some point.

          Inactivity: See midterms/parties. Friday night was kind of bad and I spent most of saturday hung over. Really, once my hangover cleared up TWG wasn't on my mind at all.

          Chardish attacks: Tass, look at how I play every game. I pretty much always go apeshit on the first person that accuses me... Remember what I did to LD at the start of last game? He threw a vote on me and I went ballistic. It's just my style I guess, I do it when I'm a wolf and when I'm a human. Overall, it doesn't really prove much.


          Regardless, it looks like since Tass got saved the game is moving on very well, I don't have much to contribute and it doesn't like theres a need for me to contribute much, so godspeed humans or whatever the hell the in-character thing to call us is.

          Comment

          • talisman
            Resident Penguin
            FFR Simfile Author
            • May 2003
            • 4598

            #260
            That was quite the unnecessarily defensive post ap... the only kind of mild attack you got was from tass in his list but I don't think anyone was even seriously considering you. Also that last sentence is fairly sketchy... are you just leaving or something? There's always a need for people to contribute (esp if you have any convos logged with tps).

            Comment

            • aperson
              FFR Hall of Fame
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jul 2003
              • 3434

              #261
              Originally posted by talisman
              That was quite the unnecessarily defensive post ap... the only kind of mild attack you got was from tass in his list but I don't think anyone was even seriously considering you. Also that last sentence is fairly sketchy... are you just leaving or something? There's always a need for people to contribute (esp if you have any convos logged with tps).
              Look dipshit, learn to read. I have nothing to contribute, I am outside the alliance. I have no valuable information to provide. Since the start of the game I have not done much, I have never talked to TPS, I have only had a 5 minute conversation with HansSky on night 1. I said that the only useful information I can give is that I'm human and there's no reason to bother with me. What else do you want me to post dude? I have nothing else to post.

              Also, there is starting to be some suspicion on me. If you read the posts more carefully people are starting to suspect that me and chardish or me and guido or whatever are somehow linked and possibly wolves. It's all dank, and I'd like to hope it doesn't surge into something that helps the wolves.

              Comment

              • talisman
                Resident Penguin
                FFR Simfile Author
                • May 2003
                • 4598

                #262
                You could contribute speculation, suspicions, whatever. I'm outside the alliance but that doesn't mean I've decided to go completely inactive. I mean, hell, there are only three people in the alliance. We can't afford to all take your attitude.

                About the suspicion on you... it was minimal, at best. Most of it was about chardish and guido. Tass mentioned the connection between chardish's behavior now and in XV, when you were also a wolf and made some speculations on those lines. That's really it.

                As for more specific things you could post about: the omega situation, the chardish/guido situation, tps' convos, etc. You and I both no it's a retarded cop-out to go inactive because you're "outside the alliance."

                Comment

                • User6773

                  #263
                  Fish: You dropped the character voting thing because I installed word censors to make all of the character names appear as their player names ; )

                  Allright, clearing things up here.

                  Inactivity: I've been in Edinburgh all weekend. If you want proof, I have nearly 100 photos of Edinburgh, including me being in Edinburgh. Thus I didn't really get to post at all Friday or Saturday.

                  Hans plan, day 1: The revised Hans plan, which I thought about way too late, was this: Every time we lynch a player, be they human or wolf, we're also letting the wolves get their kill in. Basically this means that even if we're perfect, this still means that the wolves get 4 kills in - nights 1 through 4. However, had we not killed Hans, and decided on our 2nd biggest suspect (who, I remind you, was TPS at this point), we could have waited for the bookie to get lucky and win a vigi, then immediately kill Hans. This would prevent us from wasting a day lynching a confirmed wolf, when it would be easier to vigi said confirmed wolf and chance ending the game a day earlier. The only negative to this plan would be the fact that Hans would still be around to throw confusion votes around, but I think if we all had the intelligence to dismiss everything Hans said as confusion and interference we could have dealt with leaving him around for the vigi to kill.

                  In a nutshell, 3 lynches + vigi = game over in 3 days, 3 humans dead. 4 lynches no vigi = game over in 4 days, 4 humans dead. Would have been smarter to vigi Hans instead of lynching him.

                  Not knowing my playing style: No, I haven't really played since XV. I'm also in a foreign country right now and my timetable is a bit different.

                  My suspicions against AP have died a bit. Though AP is a bit of a maverick, I doubt he would have been ballsy enough to try killing the most-likely-to-be-guarded two nights in a row, and I really don't think that he would have thought that we were bluffing about demanding Tass be guarded. This strikes me as the tactics of either people who are far less experienced or people who don't really give two damns about the game.

                  On that note, guardian, in case you haven't caught on by now, you better do the same thing tonight. We're dealing with wolves who are playing games of second-guessing, so we can't afford to take chances by shifting off Tass.

                  I don't really feel like there's enough evidence right now for me to vote for anyone, but regrettably my biggest suspicion right now is Omega - not just because of what everyone else has said, but also because of his large amounts of "role-playing" posts. The more meaningless your posts are, the more under the radar you are, and role-playing posts are utterly meaningless.

                  Comment

                  • talisman
                    Resident Penguin
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • May 2003
                    • 4598

                    #264
                    ok that hans revised plan is utterly ludicrous... we would have had to have been lucky as hell to nail a wolf day one. It wouldn't have been tps because you needed him for the next day to get lynched for the bookie's voting purposes. So... that doesn't work at all. Plus it's just dumb to risk lynching a human when you can lynch a known wolf, which is what we did.

                    Comment

                    • nforcer06164
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2003
                      • 4772

                      #265
                      Really, Chardish, I don't see what is wrong with Omega's role-playing posts. Fish asked for a bit of role-playing, and Omega is the only one that did it. The host asked for meaningless posts. We should all know enough about Omega to know he'd try to go along with what Fish asked for. The role-playing thing should have no bearing on "staying under the radar." But that's just what I think.

                      PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                      Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                      Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                      Originally posted by Squeek
                      My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                      Comment

                      • FishFishRevolution
                        GotR Creator
                        • Nov 2003
                        • 7251

                        #266
                        I have been beaten into the system. Voting guides will now be in usernames to allow the stories to use character names.

                        Comment

                        • mead1
                          Cerebellumberjack
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Aug 2003
                          • 3960

                          #267
                          I just got myself up to actually read my character's backstory and such, and I think I ended up with the short end of the stick. WAHOO I get to shoot fireworks! Evil will cringe before my pyrotechnic displays! I even get a sharp issue of continuity concerning my age!

                          Now for something more useful, if only slightly. I already said it, I don't believe Omega is a wolf. His roleplaying posts have atleast been amusing if not entirely helpful. He just hasn't done anything to set off alarms in my mind. Reviewing the thread still hasn't revealed exactley what everyone has on him.

                          About Chardish, his Hans revised plan was a little off color, but it seems totally human. Though it might have been a terrible plan, it was one that would benefit the humans, if only slightly, and needing very specific circumstances.

                          Comment

                          • Omeganitros
                            auauauau
                            • Jun 2003
                            • 8897

                            #268
                            I feel like I've been slapped. I've given up the RPing now, because Fish gave up, but dude...That's a low blow to use my Role Playing against me. I was proud of myself for trying to keep it up, and pulling off Beast pretty well (especially considering my knowledge of Beast's personality is pretty limited). I was excited about doing a RP, because I hadn't had a good opportunity to RP in quite a while. I really wanted to get into it. You are correct that it did let me make lengthened posts about nothing really helpful to the game, but it still hurts.


                            I forgive you though. It's not a stupid reason.

                            Comment

                            • talisman
                              Resident Penguin
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • May 2003
                              • 4598

                              #269
                              honestly omega I have no beef with the role playing aspect... it was mainly the way you made your vote. Your reasoning just... sucked.

                              Comment

                              • evilbutterfly
                                FFR Player
                                • Apr 2003
                                • 5784

                                #270
                                I find Omega's RPing as completely Omega-style, not wolf-style. That's a big BS reason to vote him. I would vote you just for it, but seeing as how your shifty plan on Day 1 was to lynch TPS and vigi Hans, two wolves, I guess I'll let you off.

                                Now, I think it's funny that we lynch 2 wolves, and then conveniently EVERYBODY IS FUCKING INACTIVE! You're all in school or some other country or drunk off your ass, and I don't know what to think about you. The more I think it over, the more I doubt Omega's possible wolfness, but I have no idea who else could be a wolf because you're all doing other stuff. K, so who I am not gonna vote for:

                                Hans (dead), Chardish (because his plan was anti-2 wolves), Torlock (dead), Kilga (dead), TPS (dead), Tass (duh), Afro (he's been acting too much like me this game, and I'm certainly not a wolf :P)

                                So that leaves me with a bunch of people I have no clue about. Somebody else find somebody other than Omega for me to vote for and give me good reasons so I can be lazy and go back to MS.
                                So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                                In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                                So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                                And I write the blog for their website.

                                Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                                Comment

                                Working...