TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Humans Win)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JurseyRider734
    lil j the bad b-word
    • Aug 2003
    • 7507

    #31
    RE: Re: RE: TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Night 1)

    Omega, time and time again it has been repeated that it's the most retarded thing to do to vote for someone who's inactive. Sorry that I had to go directly after school to an eye exam, then directly home, get changed, and leave for horseback riding. I'll try to get on the computer next time i'm riding my horse.

    Anyways, I thought in Tps's post with Torlock, Torlock pretty much came out and said he was a blue. Tps (I believe) stated that he thought Torlock was a red or a blue. He was obviously not a red, so he must have thought he was a blue. If a blue is known by a wolf Day 1, chances are they're getting wolfed. Tps gave Torlock advice and Torlock said "Thanks.", I thought that looked like a confirmer that Torlock was most likely a blue. Since Tps was the only one who knew, it would then make sense for Tps to kill him.

    Anyways, I'll stick to Tass's plan and hold off on voting for Hans at the moment.
    Originally posted by Arch0wl
    I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

    Originally posted by Afrobean
    Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
    the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
    Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

    Comment

    • Omeganitros
      auauauau
      • Jun 2003
      • 8897

      #32
      RE: Re: RE: TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Night 1)

      It's okay. I forgive you. =D





      Here, tell you what, I'll let you slap me across the face when we meet in real life. Twice.

      Comment

      • Tasselfoot
        Retired BOSS
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2003
        • 25185

        #33
        RE: Re: RE: TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Night 1)

        Jurs... that is exactly what I was thinking. Combine it with what he said to me during sign ups (which I posted on page 1)...

        TPS. Get Hans tomorrow, bookie comes out tomorrow, blue alliance (if Torlock was, then of bookie & 1 other... all 3 if he wasn't).... assuming bookie is alive and wasn't Torlock.
        RIP

        Comment

        • User6773

          #34
          Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Night 1)

          Originally posted by aperson
          No reason to delay this.
          There are many very good reasons to delay this, namely that more time conversing with each other is more useful than not.

          Your awkward, out of place combination of:

          1) claiming you have no idea why the wolves killed their Night 1 kill (a common wolfish response) - this happened in chat
          2) asking the real morph to contact you and you alone, instead of coming out publicly (this also happened in chat)
          3) showing intense resistance to the idea of lynching Hans tomorrow instead of today - claiming that we don't need the free vigilante opportunity even though everyone pretty much agrees this is a good plan
          4) being defensive-offensive instead of agressive-offensive like you usually are - you're showing lots of resistance to ideas and not really offering anything of your own
          5) and now demanding that we lynch Hans immediately, before he even has a chance to speak up

          makes me really, really suspect you.

          Right now I've got more beef on aperson than I do on Hans.

          EDIT: P.S. Omega, roleplaying to mask your speech is one thing, but how about you stop making us constantly reference a player list to know what you're talking about? Use usernames, not characters.

          Comment

          • Tasselfoot
            Retired BOSS
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2003
            • 25185

            #35
            RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Night 1)

            Another note.... if the psychic is alive when the bookie comes out, the bookie can act as the voice of the psychic to report on this activities and on Hans being a wolf.
            RIP

            Comment

            • Torlock
              FFR Player
              • Jun 2004
              • 475

              #36
              RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Night 1)

              Looks like my powers weren't enough to save me this time. Good luck everyone.

              Comment

              • talisman
                Resident Penguin
                FFR Simfile Author
                • May 2003
                • 4598

                #37
                Help me understand this plan.

                If I get it correctly, we don't lynch hans today, but lynch him tomorrow, regardless of whether or not kilga was lying, and then the bookie will have vigi power. Meaning....what? Who are they going to vigi? Are we banking on getting lucky and finding out another wolf? Or would the bookie kill someone else who came out as the morph or something? But why would anyone come out as a fake morph if hans isn't going to die today or if they knew they'd get bookie'd? And if kilga is lying and no one comes out that means that hans just gets lynched for no reason and the vigi is virtually useless.

                It seems to me like this just introduces too much complication. I think we first need to determine if kilga is lying or telling the truth, then build the alliance based on that.

                If anyone but torlock had died, I would easily accept that kilga was telling the truth. A wolf wouldn't fake it unless he KNEW the morph was gone, because then there would be two people out there (the old and the new morph) who would know that he was lying. and since it's possible that torlock gave away his role to a wolf, well it sort of makes the above scenario also possible.

                I propose that hans gets lynched today and the psychic comes out tomorrow (not the bookie). The psychic tells us what's up. The psychic gets guarded, and there's the alliance. Problems would arise if the psychic gets killed before then or if someone fakes a psychic, but the same can be said of the bookie plan.

                On the other hand... I don't see torlock telling kilga "I am the morph". Perhaps suggesting to kilga that he's blue, sure, I can see that. But there's no way he's bad enough to explicitly state his role like that. Is there? I hope not.

                Comment

                • Tasselfoot
                  Retired BOSS
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jul 2003
                  • 25185

                  #38
                  Psychic is SO easy to fake. All the wolves know the same info as the psychic. So, that is not so foolproof.


                  And, I don't get what you retards don't get about my plan. I've said it five times now. THE POINT OF WAITING TO KILL HANS IS NOT SO THE BOOKIE CAN ACTUALLY VIGI SOMEONE. IT IS THE THREAT OF THE VIGI THAT ALLOWS HIM TO COME OUT AND REVEAL HIMSELF, MAKING AN ALLIANCE. The ALLIANCE is the powerful reason to not kill Hans, NOT the bookie having the ability to kill someone.

                  The reason we have to wait for the bookie to have the opportunity to vigi someone.... is if he comes out when he can't use his power, then someone can fake it and there is no way to PROVE who is the bookie. But, with powers, the bookie CAN kill an imposter IF an imposter tries to come forward.
                  RIP

                  Comment

                  • GuidoHunter
                    is against custom titles
                    • Oct 2003
                    • 7371

                    #39
                    At this point, we can be rather sure that Kilga's telling the truth. It's on this fact that we came up with this plan. So, if Kilga's lying, we need to reform the plan hardcore, but all signs point to him telling the truth until another morph comes out.

                    With either plan, an alliance is formed and we find out about Hans. With our plan, though, we have a vigi at our disposal which likely wouldn't be used but would be nice to have around. It's much more dangerous for a wolf to fake a blue if there's a vigi floating about.

                    --Guido


                    Originally posted by Grandiagod
                    Originally posted by Grandiagod
                    She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                    Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                    Comment

                    • talisman
                      Resident Penguin
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • May 2003
                      • 4598

                      #40
                      Oh that makes sense... the bookie uses his power on the fake bookie, if there is one.

                      And then there'd be an alliance day 3 or something like that.

                      Comment

                      • QreepyBORIS
                        FFR Player
                        • Feb 2003
                        • 7454

                        #41
                        You need an alliance earlier than that, though. Always shoot for day 2.

                        Signature subject to change.

                        THE ZERRRRRG.

                        Comment

                        • talisman
                          Resident Penguin
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • May 2003
                          • 4598

                          #42
                          technically you could do it day two if you assume that no fake bookie would come out (which, since we're talking about it now and all, is highly likely).

                          Comment

                          • Tasselfoot
                            Retired BOSS
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jul 2003
                            • 25185

                            #43
                            Well qreepy... this gets us one on day 3, unless people trust whoever the bookie is on day 2... in which case, the alliance is formed on day 2.

                            We work with what we can get.
                            RIP

                            Comment

                            • mead1
                              Cerebellumberjack
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2003
                              • 3960

                              #44
                              I agree with Tass that we should wait until tomorrow to lynch Hans, so that the bookie can get himself a vigi.

                              The only thing I have to contribute that hasn't already been said is this: I'm a bit afraid that if we tried one of these plans, we'll find Torlock was the gaurd, and we'll lose another blue when they come out. Then again, hopefully, the wolves probably don't know Torlocks role either, so as far as they know, the gaurd is still alive. And that's nearly as good as having him in the alliance.

                              Comment

                              • GuidoHunter
                                is against custom titles
                                • Oct 2003
                                • 7371

                                #45
                                I think the certainty we would have on Day 3 would be worth the wait. I certainly don't like rats in alliances.

                                --Guido


                                Originally posted by Grandiagod
                                Originally posted by Grandiagod
                                She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                                Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                                Comment

                                Working...