TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Humans Win)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • talisman
    Resident Penguin
    FFR Simfile Author
    • May 2003
    • 4598

    #286
    tass you're getting too hung up on this silly preset notion that only four people would presumable attack you and kilga back to back. It doesn't take a genius to think of doing that or even an especially ballsy person to try it. And in a game that could be billed as an all-star game where everyone is a veteran, I think it's foolish to limit your options like that.

    Comment

    • mead1
      Cerebellumberjack
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2003
      • 3960

      #287
      Well shoot. I really am uncertain of who to vote for, but I have to get to work in 15 minutes, so I am going to have to place a safety vote on [/b]LD[b]. Sorry for not contributing guys. I'll try a bit harder tomorrow.

      Comment

      • Tasselfoot
        Retired BOSS
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2003
        • 25185

        #288
        Talisman: would you have done it? I wouldn't have. I'd have gone for the safe plays.

        Mead: you fail as a person. I hope 7 mimes attack you on your way home from work.
        RIP

        Comment

        • lightdarkness
          Summer!!
          • Jul 2003
          • 11310

          #289
          Mead's vote on me doesn't count cause it's not bolded

          Comment

          • Tasselfoot
            Retired BOSS
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2003
            • 25185

            #290
            Would you rather his vote not count and he get a phantom, or for him to vote for you?
            RIP

            Comment

            • lightdarkness
              Summer!!
              • Jul 2003
              • 11310

              #291
              I was being sarcastic tass, don't look into it.

              Comment

              • aperson
                FFR Hall of Fame
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jul 2003
                • 3434

                #292
                I'm gone until the day's over, going back to the dorms and probably won't be around.

                So, not much reasoning, but going with Tass's power player notion I think blah is a reasonably likely candidate, or a good safety vote if I'm totally wrong.

                Comment

                • Tasselfoot
                  Retired BOSS
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jul 2003
                  • 25185

                  #293
                  I'm leaving for NYC shortly... then am going straight to my boy's card game.

                  I was mulling over basically exactly what Jurs said before she posted it, and frankly... I can't justify myself voting for chardish, guido, ap, or blah... but I can definately justify voting for nForcer for the same reasons Jurs stated. This isn't the first game nForcer has been like this, and he was human last time... and that is my doubt on it. But, I don't see Omega being a wolf, so my vote needs to go somewhere.

                  On the other hand... if y'all still see Omega as the best candidate, then keep your votes on him. Don't just bandwagon onto Jurs' vote because I did.
                  RIP

                  Comment

                  • QreepyBORIS
                    FFR Player
                    • Feb 2003
                    • 7454

                    #294
                    Whoa, Jurs made a constructive post that just might be on the right track!

                    How come nForcer hasn't posted anything constructive? How come he seems to be flying under the radar, by posting in reasonable size and without much content?

                    Seriously, as Jurs said, it's not hard to tell at all what is going on right now. It's all in the thread. The alliance probably has something hammered out on their own, too, but you get a fine idea of it just by reading. Read nForcer, man. You were never this bad at TWG, if I recall. Why now?

                    Signature subject to change.

                    THE ZERRRRRG.

                    Comment

                    • evilbutterfly
                      FFR Player
                      • Apr 2003
                      • 5784

                      #295
                      I'd like to think nForcer wouldn't point out that he thinks he knows the guardian if he was a wolf. Of course, doing things "a wolf would never do" doesn't mean crap, so whatever. I don't really suspect anybody anymore, so I'm gonna be a douche and vote ap because he's not even freaking playing, he's just posting that he can't do anything and then defending himself and contributing nothing. I may not know who the wolves are, but it's plain to see who isn't helping the humans out.
                      So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                      In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                      So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                      And I write the blog for their website.

                      Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                      Comment

                      • JurseyRider734
                        lil j the bad b-word
                        • Aug 2003
                        • 7507

                        #296
                        You fucking idiots. Since when was TWG ever played like a jTWG? You guys are all coming up with the bullshit excuse "I don't know what's going on...so i'm going to just throw this vote on <random player>!"

                        This shit doesn't fly, and it's making you all look suspicious as hell. Obviously all of you can't be wolves, so you're just being dumbasses. At least try to make an attempt to contribute to this game if you're going to fucking sign up. Yeah, i'm calling you out blah, nforcer, buttfly, Guido, and whoever the hell else is playing because I sure can't remember right now because no one is posting a goddamn word. If you're too busy to post, then you shouldn't have even signed up.

                        I've started to get busy, but at least I can take 20 minutes out of a 24 hour day to read a few pages and make a post.

                        Not a single post on this page has been over 8 lines long so far (Tass, who's been contributing a lot). Seriously guys, shape up.


                        By the way, props to talisman for actually caring about the game.
                        Originally posted by Arch0wl
                        I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                        Originally posted by Afrobean
                        Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                        the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                        Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                        Comment

                        • lightdarkness
                          Summer!!
                          • Jul 2003
                          • 11310

                          #297
                          I don't know what's going on... so i'm going to just throw this vote on Jurs

                          In all seriousness, since when have you reacted like that? It seems to me you're trying to make it seem like you're a pissed off human cause no one is doing anything. Well, some of us do have a job, and actually don't have time to go woamg super TWG analisis mode.

                          So i'm placing a saftey vote on you <3

                          Comment

                          • talisman
                            Resident Penguin
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • May 2003
                            • 4598

                            #298
                            thanks jurs... anyways, here's what it comes down to for me:

                            long shot wolves, but still possible: ap, blah, afro
                            more possible wolves: guido, omega, nforcer, mead, ld, jurs

                            I'm inclined to go with omega/mead, ld/mead, maybe guido/nforcer, maybe omega/ld, maybe nforcer/ld.

                            ld has really just been too quiet and I'm tired of that just "meaning he's green". I know that he for one would have gone after torlock night one as he suggested something similar to me when we were wolves together way back in XVI I think... but blah and I wanted either of hans or ap and probably would have the balls to attack kilga and tass. (you're right though, tass, I probably wouldn't have gone after kilga, and I definitely didn't expect the wolves to... I thought for sure you were dead that night. Attacking you the next night was predictable, and I can see myself doing that, even at the risk of semi confirming your humanity).

                            nforcer has been playing a somewhat bold wolf game if he is a wolf... I remember from out convo (which I'll post in a sec if it helps) that he predicted the wolves would go for kilga etc etc, which would be a ballsy move if you were a wolf and actually going for kilga.

                            mead has been mead and damn him for being so inscrutable when there's no pressure on. silly two post a day kids.

                            omega has already been discussed to death, and frankly I find myself suspicious of how little he's been defending himself. Perhaps its just his personality but I know when my ass is looking like it's going to get lynched I'm fighting hard every step of the way if I'm human. (I fought when I was a wolf too, but more as a joke than anything... I was already seered and dead at that point).

                            guido fits the profile of either the bossy human or the overly eager to help wolf perfectly, and tass' personality analysis makes me think (hope, anyway) that it's the former.

                            and jurs? well she's sort of been flying under the radar a little, I dunno. I have mixed feelings, she could go either way. I think we should watch her carefully in the future though.

                            so for now I think I'm going to follow through with my pledge and go omega and let the psychic guide us from there.

                            Comment

                            • JurseyRider734
                              lil j the bad b-word
                              • Aug 2003
                              • 7507

                              #299
                              Originally posted by lightdarkness
                              I don't know what's going on... so i'm going to just throw this vote on Jurs

                              In all seriousness, since when have you reacted like that? It seems to me you're trying to make it seem like you're a pissed off human cause no one is doing anything. Well, some of us do have a job, and actually don't have time to go woamg super TWG analisis mode.

                              So i'm placing a saftey vote on you <3

                              I have things to do, but at least i'm trying to help move the game along.
                              Originally posted by Arch0wl
                              I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                              Originally posted by Afrobean
                              Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                              the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                              Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                              Comment

                              • talisman
                                Resident Penguin
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • May 2003
                                • 4598

                                #300
                                and as promised... the convo I had with nforcer during night two (times are central, and like I said with the tps convo I'm not suspicious really of afro like I was then). you might argue that there's a certain amount of wolf-like paranoia here about being so late to show up in the thread but that could be a stretch. use it how you will:

                                nforcer06164 (4:40:43 PM): what is up with Hans always dying?
                                nforcer06164 (4:40:49 PM): =/
                                stressreliefball (4:48:08 PM): dunno
                                stressreliefball (4:48:11 PM): sorry about delay
                                stressreliefball (4:48:15 PM): was doing laundry
                                nforcer06164 (4:49:07 PM): it's alright.
                                nforcer06164 (4:49:24 PM): I feel so disconnected from this game right now.
                                nforcer06164 (4:49:36 PM): It's odd that nobody noticed I was missing...
                                stressreliefball (4:49:48 PM): hell
                                stressreliefball (4:49:57 PM): no one even noticed ld was missing til the end of the day
                                nforcer06164 (4:50:02 PM): o.o
                                stressreliefball (4:50:21 PM): what are your thoughts/suspicions at this point?
                                stressreliefball (4:52:52 PM): *zap*
                                nforcer06164 (4:55:30 PM): oh, uh, sorry.
                                nforcer06164 (4:55:31 PM): X_X
                                nforcer06164 (4:55:39 PM): I really have no suspicions.
                                nforcer06164 (4:55:42 PM): nothing seems odd.
                                stressreliefball (4:55:49 PM): fair enough
                                nforcer06164 (4:55:59 PM): I think this game is going to rely mostly on the alliance
                                nforcer06164 (4:56:17 PM): those of us on the outside are going to be in the dark for the most part.
                                nforcer06164 (4:56:41 PM): I can tell you one thing though... I've been a blue only once, and never been a wolf, and it's starting to piss me off.
                                stressreliefball (4:56:57 PM): other way around for me, actually
                                stressreliefball (4:57:22 PM): I've gotten used to the green game though
                                stressreliefball (4:58:35 PM): who do you think the wolves will go for tonight?
                                nforcer06164 (5:00:18 PM): Kilga, if they're not afraid of the guardian.
                                stressreliefball (5:00:32 PM): hmm I suspect they will be though
                                nforcer06164 (5:00:53 PM): Not so sure... Torlock could've been the guardian.
                                nforcer06164 (5:01:11 PM): that's highly unlikely, but, there's no saying the guardian will guard Kilga either.
                                stressreliefball (5:01:23 PM): well that's up to kilga to decide I'm sure
                                stressreliefball (5:01:37 PM): if he wants to chance it and have the guardian guard someone else
                                stressreliefball (5:01:43 PM): or if he wants to play it safe
                                nforcer06164 (5:01:50 PM): depends on who contacts him, and even if they do.
                                nforcer06164 (5:01:55 PM): we have a lot of rookies.
                                stressreliefball (5:02:02 PM): ?
                                stressreliefball (5:02:06 PM): not really....
                                stressreliefball (5:02:14 PM): torlock was the only new player of the bunch
                                nforcer06164 (5:02:22 PM): really?
                                stressreliefball (5:02:25 PM): yeah
                                nforcer06164 (5:02:34 PM): I could've sworn there was at least three...
                                stressreliefball (5:02:36 PM): it's pretty much an all star game at this point
                                nforcer06164 (5:02:38 PM): O_o
                                nforcer06164 (5:02:47 PM): Am I playing the same game?
                                stressreliefball (5:02:51 PM): haha
                                stressreliefball (5:02:59 PM): the rookie-est player is mead and he hardly counts
                                nforcer06164 (5:03:17 PM): yeah, mead has been in our ranks for a while.
                                nforcer06164 (5:03:43 PM): I'm not as good as I should be in reference to my seniority in the game...
                                nforcer06164 (5:04:29 PM): that may be partly due to the fact that everybody gets to stuff before me lately, though
                                nforcer06164 (5:04:37 PM): I had excellent input in previous games...
                                nforcer06164 (5:04:41 PM): but anyway...
                                nforcer06164 (5:04:48 PM): you have any suspicions?
                                stressreliefball (5:04:59 PM): nothing but my gut at this point
                                stressreliefball (5:05:08 PM): I'm looking at afrobean fairly hard
                                nforcer06164 (5:05:14 PM): hm.
                                nforcer06164 (5:05:22 PM): did he say something that seemed off?
                                nforcer06164 (5:05:28 PM): Afrobean is really hard to read.
                                stressreliefball (5:05:28 PM): something about how/what/when he said things in the chat struck me as off
                                stressreliefball (5:05:39 PM): he's only made one post, I think
                                stressreliefball (5:05:54 PM): other than him no one really
                                nforcer06164 (5:05:57 PM): mm.
                                stressreliefball (5:06:06 PM): ld is worth watching just because he's been so quiet
                                nforcer06164 (5:06:28 PM): true.
                                nforcer06164 (5:06:35 PM): but wouldn't the same hold true for me?
                                stressreliefball (5:06:46 PM): to a certain extent yes
                                nforcer06164 (5:06:47 PM): I really expected a vote or two after being so quiet.
                                nforcer06164 (5:06:54 PM): it usually happened.
                                stressreliefball (5:07:04 PM): pssh with hans right there I doubt that would happen
                                stressreliefball (5:07:13 PM): plus you weren't the only player to hop in late or be quiet
                                stressreliefball (5:07:20 PM): eb showed up after you did
                                stressreliefball (5:07:26 PM): and blah's input was limited at best
                                nforcer06164 (5:07:29 PM): oh yeah, I remember that.
                                nforcer06164 (5:07:33 PM): wtf is up with blah?
                                nforcer06164 (5:07:38 PM): his post made no sense.
                                stressreliefball (5:07:44 PM): he's become a quieter player
                                stressreliefball (5:07:48 PM): no both of his made sense
                                nforcer06164 (5:07:59 PM): maybe I read it wrong.
                                nforcer06164 (5:08:11 PM): but I didn't understand one of them.
                                stressreliefball (5:08:11 PM): in the first one he's just asking the order of events when morph power is transferred
                                stressreliefball (5:08:21 PM): if the old morph is killed by the wolves at the same time
                                stressreliefball (5:08:33 PM): or if the new morph is the wolves' target
                                stressreliefball (5:08:55 PM): which is also useless now that the morph is gone anyway
                                nforcer06164 (5:09:41 PM): still, it wouldn't have mattered anyway
                                nforcer06164 (5:09:49 PM): if the guardian was alive
                                stressreliefball (5:10:31 PM): as far as I know the guardian hopefully still is alive
                                stressreliefball (5:10:48 PM): it's not like the guardian could guard both the old morph and the target
                                stressreliefball (5:10:56 PM): he wouldn't even know who the target would be, no one would
                                nforcer06164 (5:12:01 PM): well, the whole basis of the morph alliance was that the new morph would come out, be guarded, and eventually we'd find a wolf or the MW.
                                stressreliefball (5:12:23 PM): ok yeah but true but blah was just asking in general
                                nforcer06164 (5:12:33 PM): right.
                                stressreliefball (5:12:36 PM): whether powers transferred before the wolf killed or after
                                stressreliefball (5:14:01 PM): oh and just as a general suggestion, if you have a convo with someone that strikes you as suspicious or something but you don't want to post it or anything
                                stressreliefball (5:14:07 PM): send it to kilga and thus inside the alliance
                                nforcer06164 (5:15:08 PM): sounds good.
                                nforcer06164 (5:15:12 PM): I've gotta go.
                                nforcer06164 (5:15:13 PM): see ya
                                stressreliefball (5:15:15 PM): later
                                nforcer06164 signed off at 5:15:20 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...