TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Humans Win)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • User6773

    #106
    RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Night 1

    Whoa, you better throw the brakes on the Misinterpretation Train right there.

    I didn't say TPS should die. I'm saying that the number of previous votes for TPS suggests that he will be lynched tomorrow. This was, of course, before everyone thought it would be a good idea to halt all discussion so we could instalynch Hans.

    It was a prediction, not a suggestion.

    Comment

    • talisman
      Resident Penguin
      FFR Simfile Author
      • May 2003
      • 4598

      #107
      RE: Re: RE: TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Night 1)

      so.... about all this discussion after the day ended... shall we adjourn to the chat?

      Comment

      • Tasselfoot
        Retired BOSS
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2003
        • 25185

        #108
        RE: Re: RE: TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Night 1)

        Hey Chardish, thanks for breaking your own rule.... OF POSTING DURING THE NIGHT.

        An Insta ends the day when it happens, whether the host is around to "officially" end it or not. So, Chardish and everyone else who posted.... shame on you. Mostly Chardish for the triple post that started all the posting.

        I'll give my comments about everything said after Hans' Insta on Day 2, or in the chat, or on AIM if anyone wants it. This includes shooting Chardish down on like 4 points and explaining why he's an idiot.

        Now, I'm LOCKING the thread so you people can't continue to post after the day ends. It'll be re-opened when Fish wants it re-opened.
        RIP

        Comment

        • FishFishRevolution
          GotR Creator
          • Nov 2003
          • 7251

          #109
          After a make-shift burial, the X-Men heatidly debated who could've killed Storm. Havok and Cyclops poured over all the suspects and possible strategies for who could be responsible. Then Banshee spoke up.

          "Guys, I think that Storm isn't really storm. I think it was Colossus or Morph getting upity about being in hiding. He came to me right before the announcement talking really strangely to me, nothing like Storm. He may have been talking around, talked to the wrong person."

          Everyone paused. A few people could be heard saying "is this guy for real?" But just then, Bishop threw down a cigarette and stamped on it hard.

          "Listen up guys, I'm Morph, but now stuck as Bishop, just the way I am. While everyone was searching, I stumbled across one of the intruders as he was taking his cover form. He saw me, and it took away my mutant powers. Sucks, but at least I know who the intruder is. I haven't him out of my sight, even if he can teleport."

          Everyone looked at Nightcrawler. (Well except dead Storm, of course. Just kidding, she looked too. Hahaha, nah, she's really dead, she didn't look.)

          "Sic 'im, boys." Bishop already had another cigarette in his mouth when he pointed his gun directly at Nightcrawler's head.

          "Wait, don't kill him yet!" Cyclops yelled. A bright flash of light appeared, and was gone in an instant. The loud crack of the plasma was followed by a sickening puncturing of flesh.

          "Heh, you got me." Nightcrawler managed to spurt out as he lay on the ground. Before anyone had a chance to move, Nightcrawler unsheathed a small knife from his boot and slit his own throat.

          "We should have waited. We really should have." Cyclops said forcefully

          "Too late now, bro." Havok took one look at the body before his feet and spat. "Good riddance."

          --

          Night 2 people, let's have the PMs. I will continue without them if I must at 11:30PM on Thursday, October 6, EDT.

          Comment

          • FishFishRevolution
            GotR Creator
            • Nov 2003
            • 7251

            #110
            "Is this end for the X-Men?" Polaris whispered to Iceman late at night.

            "Who knows, go back to sleep unless it's your turn to watch."

            "No, it's Bishop's turn right now."

            "Well then stop bugging me. If I don't get some sleep I won't be able to think straight tomorrow....er...." Iceman looked at his watch, "today that is." Iceman turned the other way.

            --

            "Who's there?!" Bishop yelled as he pulled a 180 and loaded his gun. "Damn mutants. Never survive for a minute where I'm from." Bishop looked left, then right, then fired a shot straight behind him and yelled, "Aha! Gotcha!" but the discharge only hit the wall and made a lot more noise than usually happens at night. Except that time Wolverine and Nightcrawler tried to make pancakes at 2:30AM.

            Bishop spat. "Got away." He lowered his gun. At that moment a huge hand grabbed him from behind, rendering him paralyzed. The last thing Bishop heard was a sickening voice say, "Aha. Gotcha," before his consciousness was thrust entirely into darkness.

            The other mutants would find Bishop's broken body by morning.

            --

            Jubilee - mead1
            Cyclops - Chardish
            Wolverine - aperson
            Beast - Omeganitros
            Rogue - blahblah18
            Iceman - talisman
            Archangel - lightdarkness
            Jean Grey - evilbutterfly
            Shadowcat - JurseyRider734
            Polaris - nforcer06164
            Banshee - Tps222
            X-23 - QreepyBORIS
            Quicksilver - Afrobean
            Psylocke - GuidoHunter
            Havok - Tasselfoot

            Day 2 ends Saturday, October 8th at high noon. EDT.

            Comment

            • Tasselfoot
              Retired BOSS
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jul 2003
              • 25185

              #111
              GUARDIAN, YOU ARE A GOD DAMN FUCKING IDIOT. YOU HAD 1 FUCKING OBVIOUS RESPONSIBILITY AND THIS IS HOW YOU BLUNDER IT?!?!?!

              IF I KNEW WHO YOU WERE (KILGA TOLD ME YOU CONTACTED HIM, BUT NOT WHO YOU WERE) I WOULD MUSHROOM BRUISE YOU TO DEATH.


              Jesus H. Christ. This makes me more mad than that time I got killed after specifically telling nForcer (I think) to guard me because I was dying that night.... and he goes and guards Neon instead. Game ended that day too...

              Seriously, could this have been ANY more obvious of a move? *sigh* Only other alternative is that Torlock told a wolf he was the guardian, then it was one of the wolves who pretended to be the guardian to Kilga.... But I don't see that happening. Too risky to then kill him that night, especially if he told someone who the blues were, or told the blues who each other are.


              Oh yea.... now that the whole plan from day 1 is shot, I'm the bookie. I have no intention of using my powers whatsoever, so I don't fear being put at risk. To me, its more important to get the remaining blues together (myself, guardian, psychic). Also, I'll say right now that I didn't bet on Kilga dying.... for obvious reasons. So, I don't have any vigi powers. So, if someone comes out pretending to be the bookie after me, I can't do anything about it.... yet.

              But, if you think about my reactions to everything bookie related, it makes sense that that is who I am. I hope there is enough trust for the psychic and guardian to come to me. Perhaps the guardian can redeem themself... and yea, I KNOW someone contacted Kilga as the guardian, so I will be extremely suspicious if someone does NOT contact me as the guardian. I'll be more suspicious if 2 people contact me.
              RIP

              Comment

              • evilbutterfly
                FFR Player
                • Apr 2003
                • 5784

                #112
                Well I guess my idea was wrong....well, maybe. Yesterday I was thinking about why Hans would just give up like he did, and I got to thinking, and I had decided that if Kilga was attacked and wolfed that he had to be a wolf. Seriously, he should have been guaranteed to be guarded, and no wolf would ever think of attacking him, unless 1) They're complete idiots, 2) Kilga is a wolf and wants to be further seen as human. 5+ games ago I wouldn't have ever thought something like this would happen, but as TWG progresses plans get more and more complex. Hans seems like he kinda lost interest in the game, and this may be because "oh I was 'seered' boohoo" but it may just be because he doesn't really wanna play. So let's say he and Kilga are wolves and Kilga says "Hey, I'll be the morph and kill you, get guaranteed as human, the guardian will protect me and we attack me tonight and then when I'm guarded everybody will believe me."

                And, like most things, having said this a day later I realize that it's highly unlikely and there are tons of holes in my argument. If Kilga wasn't the morph, the real one would come out. The only way he couldn't be is if the night 1 kill was morph, and it's probably more likely that he (I seem to have completely forgotten his name) was the guardian and the wolves knew it, so they killed Kilga.

                So that brings me to TPS, who said that stuff to the guy about being blue and whatnot. He seemed to be closest to that guy, so if anybody knew his role, it'd be TPS. And we all know how new kids always tell their role to a buddy before the game and then they die. Maybe this is a repeat of that.
                So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                And I write the blog for their website.

                Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                Comment

                • User6773

                  #113
                  I've been thinking about this for a while and it might be a very real possibility that Torlock was the guardian. It was obvious to everyone (except the guardian, apparently) that Kilga should have been guardianed tonight. So much so that if I were a wolf, I certainly wouldn't chance trying to kill Kilga.

                  If Torlock was not the guardian I'm seriously starting a TWC vote to ban the guardian from TWG until he has a successful guardianing in jTWG. Kilga was the bloody obvious guardianing pick last night. Basic guardian theory 101: The guardian should not try to second-guess the wolves. The guardian should always guard the person who should not die.

                  Some idiot guardian played a Vizzini game last night and now we lost a known human. Thanks for helping, miscreant.

                  Comment

                  • Tasselfoot
                    Retired BOSS
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 25185

                    #114
                    eb: Hans had to be a wolf. You know Hans well enough to know he would NEVER just give up like that unless the evidence against him was 100% real. Look at TWG12 or 13 where I was a wolf and almost got him lynched... he lied and said he was the seer to get nForcer to kill me instead of him, which was the deciding vote... He wouldn't have done that unless he was a wolf.

                    If the psychic contacts me, I'll confirm that. I gotta go home now... catch my train. I'll be back on by about 6.
                    RIP

                    Comment

                    • talisman
                      Resident Penguin
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • May 2003
                      • 4598

                      #115
                      A. Guardian was torlock.
                      B. Guardian is dumb.
                      C. Guadian was ordered by kilga to guard someone else (tass maybe? would make sense since he's high profile and in the alliance, supposedly.)

                      Hopefully the alliance can still be salvaged enough so that we retain the edge here. Ugh. All that planning for nothing Not to mention all the aim convos I sent to kilga.

                      Comment

                      • evilbutterfly
                        FFR Player
                        • Apr 2003
                        • 5784

                        #116
                        Tass, I never doubted Hans' wolfness, just that maybe Kilga was a wolf, too. But the more I think about it, the more it leads me to believe that torlock was the guardian and is dead, which would make Kilga human, because otherwise the wolves wouldn't come out as the morph unless they knew they were safe.

                        And if you think it's impossible for Hans to sacrifice himself, remember, no pips now. Kilga being a wolf but a "confirmed human" who knows all the blues is way more important than the wolves having all their members. If I was a wolf on the team I would sacrifice myself for the greater good of the team. But that seems way too farfetched now. But, ya know, if the psychic tells you we're down 2 wolves, then I'm right. I'll be surprised if that happens, though.
                        So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                        In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                        So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                        And I write the blog for their website.

                        Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                        Comment

                        • GuidoHunter
                          is against custom titles
                          • Oct 2003
                          • 7371

                          #117
                          Guys, Torlock had to be the guardian. He came out to a wolf, the wolves wolf him, a wolf comes out to Kilga, they wolf Kilga. Kilga didn't tell the blues about the other blues, as per Tass, so it's no-risk.

                          This scenario is the PERFECT explanation for why Torlock died Night 1. It's the PERFECT explanation for why Kilga died last night, and I think it's a great explanation for why Torlock made the death post that he did. The first thing I thought when I read that was, "Man, I can't believe he just told us he was the guardian." If this is the case, he's going to be banned from TWG from here to eternity, since I really doubt he was role-playing his X-man.

                          If this is the case, we need to look at whom Torlock would come out to, or, more importantly, in my opinion, who would go to him to extract his role.

                          --Guido


                          Originally posted by Grandiagod
                          Originally posted by Grandiagod
                          She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                          Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                          Comment

                          • talisman
                            Resident Penguin
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • May 2003
                            • 4598

                            #118
                            If that is the case, then tass you'd better be passing along the knowledge of whoever comes to you today as the guardian, or if no one does, to someone else in the alliance.

                            Guido, I definitely read torlock's death post to mean X-men powers, I don't think it's necessarily a bannable offense if he does turn out to be a blue.

                            Comment

                            • GuidoHunter
                              is against custom titles
                              • Oct 2003
                              • 7371

                              #119
                              It seems we've lost a morph and a guardian in the first two nights. By this token, I think it's safe to assume that Tass will die tonight, unless he's pulling a fake bookie.

                              Not that I think he is, but just in case, the real bookie should lay low, rack up a vigi, then blow Tass out of the water without having to come out to anyone. Sure, it could cause the game to end a day early, but it's worth it to keep his identity a secret and be sure Tass gets "lynched". Again, this is only a precaution. If Tass is the real bookie, we have nothing to worry about here.

                              Psychic: There's no need for you to come out now or after Tass is dead unless you think you're going to get wolfed really soon. We could use the information of who's a wolf (i.e. Hans for right now), but you'll have that information and more if you can remain under the radar and stay alive, which would be much more helpful toward the end of the game.

                              Sure, what I'm saying may be blindingly obvious, but I feel it's worth putting out there for safety's sake.

                              Now, looking back on Plans A and B. It was probably to the wolves' benefit to enact Plan A, so as to completely shut down the alliance (centered on one person whom they knew wouldn't be guarded), to boot as soon as was possible. This leads me to believe a wolf or two were in the support phase (not necessarily the convincing phase, as that would make them stick out more) of voting for Plan A.

                              Just something to consider.

                              --Guido


                              Originally posted by Grandiagod
                              Originally posted by Grandiagod
                              She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                              Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                              Comment

                              • Tps222
                                FFR Player
                                • Nov 2004
                                • 6169

                                #120
                                This was last night after the day ended. He seemed like he had everything in order. This makes me think that the guardian is still alive, but blundered, because if he is dead, and Tass IS the real bookie, then we are in trouble.

                                Tps7910 (10:28:01 PM): Hey.
                                bjstrattonIM (10:28:19 PM): y hello thar.
                                Tps7910 (10:28:25 PM): Want to discuss TWG?
                                bjstrattonIM (10:28:37 PM): Not really.
                                Tps7910 (10:28:57 PM): I just wanted to discuss suspicions with you, as I have done with a lot of the other players.
                                bjstrattonIM (10:29:09 PM): Mhmm.
                                Tps7910 (10:29:20 PM): Well, I know your in an alliance, so you probably don’t want to discuss too much.
                                bjstrattonIM (10:29:30 PM): *you’re, **myself. Learn to speak correctly man.
                                Tps7910 (10:29:38 PM): Avoid the question then, sorry, I was just trying to help.
                                Tps7910 (10:29:50 PM): I just want to make sure that the proper roles have contacted you, and if I could be any service to you. Sacrifice my self for perhaps?
                                bjstrattonIM (10:30:02 PM): I’m sorry for being a bit irritable, but I don’t want to risk this alliance.
                                bjstrattonIM (10:30:18 PM): All the pieces are in place, and letting anyone else in could be costly.
                                bjstrattonIM (10:30:35 PM): On top of that, I have a lot of homework, the chat distracted me from it for a bit, but I really need to get back to it.
                                Tps7910 (10:30:48 PM): I understand. Well, I hope everything goes well.
                                bjstrattonIM (10:31:00 PM): I got it covered, thanks.

                                Comment

                                Working...