TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Humans Win)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tasselfoot
    Retired BOSS
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jul 2003
    • 25185

    #226
    Fish: Really? I was under the impression that if I bet on someone and was correct, I had to use it that night... good. But, to answer other questions, no I do not have a correct bet yet. I will let people know if I do get one though.

    Afro: Remember last game? Fish used his 2nd vigi to kill the loser of the KiB... which was a NO LOSE situation. Should he have not killed anyone, there would have been 4 people going to the last day and that would have ended the game, for better or worse. Instead, he used his kill.... had he killed a human and the game went on, it would have been 3 people, and it still would have ended that day. Either case, the game would have ended the same day... but this way, he eliminated 1/3 of his suspect pool. We are now in the same situation.

    So, should I survive until we are down to 6 or 4 players, I will use the vigi to kill off the person I am most concerned about to leave less to chance. THAT is what I mean by a free kill. And, lets hope I'm smart enough to get 1 bet correct by then.

    PS - as per my psychic friend, we have 2 wolves left.
    RIP

    Comment

    • Afrobean
      Admiral in the Red Army
      • Dec 2003
      • 13262

      #227
      Tass: I didn't play last game, so I don't remember it as well as I would otherwise. However, I do understand what you're saying now.

      Comment

      • evilbutterfly
        FFR Player
        • Apr 2003
        • 5784

        #228
        So wait, the PM was TPS trying to save his ass? This seems too...I dunno. Either Tass is pulling a REALLY HUGE FAST ONE or we're doing really well. I always assume that the humans should be and are lost/confused in the first few days. Something just doesn't seem right....

        PS: Afro stole my Omega vote from yesterday. D=<
        So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

        In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

        So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
        And I write the blog for their website.

        Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

        Comment

        • JurseyRider734
          lil j the bad b-word
          • Aug 2003
          • 7507

          #229
          The one thing that was weird about last nights kill was that it was so obvious. As in, Tass maybe got the guardian to guard him. Knowing that he would be guarded, he wolfed himself knowing (or hoping) he'd be saved. This would grant instant humanity.

          Otherwise, if Tass really is a blue, gj guardian.
          Originally posted by Arch0wl
          I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

          Originally posted by Afrobean
          Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
          the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
          Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

          Comment

          • Afrobean
            Admiral in the Red Army
            • Dec 2003
            • 13262

            #230
            Ha! Tass was already assumed as 100% human anyway when no one came out as a second bookie. His being saved proofs nothing more.

            Comment

            • talisman
              Resident Penguin
              FFR Simfile Author
              • May 2003
              • 4598

              #231
              So tps was a wolf then, according to tass. Not sure if that changes my feelings on omega or not. chardish and guido I'm not suspicious of because tps explicitly told me that those were the two he was most suspicious of on day one. More detailed analysis forthcoming...

              btw fish if that's how you were planning on playing it then why in your signup speech do you have "Bookie - This person bets on one person per night or day; if the person he bets on for the night is wolfed, or if the person he bets on for the day is lynched, he gets an anonymous vigi the next night." Although it's hella more useful if it doesn't go away.

              Comment

              • talisman
                Resident Penguin
                FFR Simfile Author
                • May 2003
                • 4598

                #232
                ok so eb and qreepy and ap are pretty much ruled out as wolves based on when/how they voted. Same goes for chardish, obviously. Blah could also be ruled out, but that's not guaranteed. Guido could go either way but I'm willing to bet based on the fact that tps told me he thought guido was suspicious day one that guido isn't a wolf. Tass isn't a wolf, I'm not, I'm thinking afro isn't either. In fact if I had to call it right now I'd say it's omega and mead.

                I intend to repeat my vote on omega later, but I don't want to create too much early momentum. So yeah, consider this a pledge vote for omega.

                this is all based on tass being human, which if he isn't, well, this game is going to be supremely difficult.

                Comment

                • Tasselfoot
                  Retired BOSS
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jul 2003
                  • 25185

                  #233
                  Afro put it well.... I already was seen as 100% human before I was guarded, but on the shot that I am fake, clearly I knew I was being guarded, so getting saved proves nothing extra. That is obvious. So, in that sense, it is illogical to attack myself. Add to the fact that there is now a free vigi kill (or an extra day, should the guardian get a 2nd save), and I'd have to be more retarded than TPS to do it.

                  And, as far as the psychic, I'm only passing along info. Only one person has come to me as the psychic, so I'm taking their word.
                  RIP

                  Comment

                  • Tasselfoot
                    Retired BOSS
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 25185

                    #234
                    Talisman... would you mind posting more info into reasons behind each person? Thanks.
                    RIP

                    Comment

                    • talisman
                      Resident Penguin
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • May 2003
                      • 4598

                      #235
                      well eb voted tps first before (I think) tps even posted the "myself" convo, qreepy voted second and pressed hard, chardish was third and found the fatal error, I don't see a wolf doing that to a fellow wolf. ap was next, I think, and at a time when he could have gone for a safety and not bury his wolf partner in the hole he voted for tps (but ap's tricky, this one isn't as certain). now for the guido/chardish being tps' suspects lemme go see if I can dig up that convo. I sent it to kilga so it should be in my outbox... k found it:

                      Tps7910 (3:59:41 PM): Do you have time to talk TWG?

                      Auto response from stressreliefball (3:59:41 PM): trying to get stuff done

                      stressreliefball (4:12:31 PM): oh sorry
                      stressreliefball (4:12:32 PM): yeah
                      Tps7910 (4:12:42 PM): Heh, insta anyways.
                      Tps7910 (4:12:49 PM): I was just wondering your suspicions.
                      Tps7910 (4:12:56 PM): and reasoning to holding out at the time.
                      stressreliefball (4:13:03 PM): well hans numero uno obviously
                      stressreliefball (4:13:18 PM): holding out was just to make sure we didn't want to get the bookie a vigi anyway
                      stressreliefball (4:13:57 PM): but people didn't seem to be receptive to that idea I guess
                      Tps7910 (4:14:02 PM): Ok.
                      stressreliefball (4:14:21 PM): other suspicions of mine right now are largely based on thin air and my gut
                      Tps7910 (4:14:31 PM): Care to share, I listen to gut.
                      stressreliefball (4:14:47 PM): yeah no problem as long as there' some reciprocation ^_^
                      stressreliefball (4:14:52 PM): but yeah
                      stressreliefball (4:14:58 PM): I wonder about afrobean a little
                      Tps7910 (4:15:18 PM): Gut?
                      stressreliefball (4:15:29 PM): yeah plus some behavior things that add up in the right light
                      Tps7910 (4:15:38 PM): Lets watch out for that then.
                      stressreliefball (4:15:40 PM): nothing major, mainly how/what/when he talked in the chat
                      Tps7910 (4:15:53 PM): I put a lot of faith in my gut people.
                      Tps7910 (4:15:56 PM): Usually.
                      stressreliefball (4:16:04 PM): worked well for you last game
                      stressreliefball (4:16:06 PM): ...
                      Tps7910 (4:16:10 PM): I'll wait untill day 2 to announce them, as I am still unsure.
                      Tps7910 (4:16:13 PM): Haha.
                      Tps7910 (4:16:19 PM): Well, I did them before the game started.
                      Tps7910 (4:16:26 PM): As I usually don't.
                      stressreliefball (4:16:32 PM): but yeah, there are less people that I'm suspicious of than there are people I'm not suspicious of
                      stressreliefball (4:16:38 PM): if that makes sense
                      Tps7910 (4:17:11 PM): It doesn't.
                      stressreliefball (4:17:17 PM): for example, you, tass, ap, guido, kilga (obviously), to some extent mead, to some extent jurs, to a small extent omega seem human to me
                      Tps7910 (4:17:46 PM): Now, why AP myself Guido and and Tass?
                      stressreliefball (4:17:56 PM): straight behavior
                      Tps7910 (4:18:17 PM): Ok.
                      Tps7910 (4:18:20 PM): What about LD?
                      Tps7910 (4:18:23 PM): No posts.
                      stressreliefball (4:18:27 PM): I noticed that
                      Tps7910 (4:18:29 PM): Hasn't really talked.
                      stressreliefball (4:18:33 PM): could go either way really
                      Tps7910 (4:18:36 PM): Says it's his job
                      stressreliefball (4:18:56 PM): he has built up a reputation for not caring when green
                      stressreliefball (4:19:02 PM): this could be an extension of that
                      stressreliefball (4:19:08 PM): or he could be cashing in on it as a red
                      Tps7910 (4:19:09 PM): Indeed.
                      stressreliefball (4:19:25 PM): so I can't passs judgment on him
                      stressreliefball (4:19:29 PM): blah is the same way
                      stressreliefball (4:19:43 PM): ever since he became a recluse player I can't read him correctly
                      Tps7910 (4:20:10 PM): Yea, he kinda faded away.
                      Tps7910 (4:20:35 PM): Chardish hasn't played in a while, so it may be m, eagierness, or his norm
                      stressreliefball (4:20:50 PM): well he did propose the bookie plan first
                      stressreliefball (4:20:56 PM): which is human in my book
                      stressreliefball (4:20:58 PM): however
                      stressreliefball (4:21:21 PM): there's a possibility that he, as a wolf, thinks that the bookie will be dead by day two and it will be successful to fake it
                      Tps7910 (4:21:35 PM): Or.
                      Tps7910 (4:21:40 PM): He knew tor was the bookie.
                      Tps7910 (4:21:57 PM): But, I doubt he would fake morph
                      Tps7910 (4:22:02 PM): someone would come out
                      stressreliefball (4:22:12 PM): no fake bookie, not fake morph
                      stressreliefball (4:22:22 PM): if the real bookie is dead and you know it, that's who you fake
                      stressreliefball (4:22:35 PM): the morph power is gone now it would be retarded to fake it
                      Tps7910 (4:22:43 PM): I meant
                      Tps7910 (4:22:47 PM): If he is a wolf
                      Tps7910 (4:22:53 PM): he wouldn't have claimed to be the morph
                      stressreliefball (4:23:21 PM): well yeah ok I don't think any wolf would have because no wolf did...
                      Tps7910 (4:23:24 PM): The pyschic report will pretty much gurantee his humaninty
                      stressreliefball (4:23:34 PM): wait I thought we were talking about chardish
                      stressreliefball (4:23:38 PM): when did this become guido
                      stressreliefball (4:23:39 PM): er
                      stressreliefball (4:23:40 PM): kilga
                      Tps7910 (4:24:06 PM): Whoa.
                      Tps7910 (4:24:11 PM): I really don't know.
                      stressreliefball (4:24:14 PM): haha
                      Tps7910 (4:24:22 PM): I just re-read the convo
                      Tps7910 (4:24:23 PM): and went
                      Tps7910 (4:24:24 PM): wtf
                      Tps7910 (4:24:32 PM): Brain lapse, sorry.
                      stressreliefball (4:24:37 PM): it's coo
                      Tps7910 (4:24:51 PM): Only wolves have Brain Lapses.
                      stressreliefball (4:25:15 PM): right
                      Tps7910 (4:25:32 PM): Uh oh.
                      Tps7910 (4:25:33 PM): Oh.
                      Tps7910 (4:25:34 PM): Crap.
                      Tps7910 (4:25:56 PM): Decided to stay with Talisman i assume?
                      stressreliefball (4:26:05 PM): for my name?
                      stressreliefball (4:26:06 PM): yeah
                      stressreliefball (4:26:18 PM): the people voted on it and banditcom made fun of me
                      Tps7910 (4:26:20 PM): Jipkin sounded like a tellitubbue.
                      Tps7910 (4:26:32 PM): tellytubby*
                      stressreliefball (4:27:37 PM): three other wolves out there basically
                      stressreliefball (4:27:42 PM): it seems like they should be more obvious
                      Tps7910 (4:28:04 PM): Why?
                      Tps7910 (4:28:21 PM): No one gave me any weird vibes regarding Hans.
                      stressreliefball (4:28:24 PM): well at least one of them should stick out or something
                      stressreliefball (4:28:31 PM): not necessarily regarding hans
                      stressreliefball (4:28:43 PM): afro is the only vibe I've really gotten
                      stressreliefball (4:29:14 PM): and my vibes unlike others' tend to be notoriously wrong
                      stressreliefball (4:29:28 PM): oh btw
                      stressreliefball (4:29:35 PM): what are your suspicious Smile
                      stressreliefball (4:29:43 PM): er suspicions
                      Tps7910 (4:30:59 PM): So far.
                      Tps7910 (4:31:02 PM): Just my gut.
                      Tps7910 (4:31:10 PM): I really didn't get anything out of day1.
                      Tps7910 (4:31:33 PM): I'm thinking Guido Chardish were my top 2 gut (yea, decided to say them now)
                      Tps7910 (4:31:43 PM): Contradicting yours.
                      stressreliefball (4:31:53 PM): sort of
                      Tps7910 (4:31:53 PM): Not chardish anymore
                      stressreliefball (4:32:10 PM): I read guido as human just because he seems pretty helpful and vocal
                      stressreliefball (4:32:12 PM): but that's it
                      Tps7910 (4:32:20 PM): So, probably just Guido at this point,maybe LD, maybe Omega.
                      Tps7910 (4:32:29 PM): Though Omega is acting diff form his wolf self
                      Tps7910 (4:32:36 PM): I'll bbl, gott eat,
                      Tps7910 (4:32:39 PM): ;ater.
                      stressreliefball (4:32:42 PM): k

                      and uh, let's see what else did I mention... well omega I still find extremely suspicious based on his tps vote. and mead just strikes me weird. But I don't know about blah ld nforcer or jurs although I have some ideas and scenarios that fit for each.

                      If there's any particular part you want me to go into more detail about let me know.

                      Comment

                      • talisman
                        Resident Penguin
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • May 2003
                        • 4598

                        #236
                        btw that convo was night two... my suspicious of afro have largely faded since then.

                        edit: I seem to misspell suspicion as suspicious alot. stupid lysdexia.

                        edit2: I know alot of you kids have convos with tps as he tends to contact everyone, or at least he gave me that impression this game. Perhaps we could all post them, or send them to tass or something? Probably alot of info in there.

                        Comment

                        • FishFishRevolution
                          GotR Creator
                          • Nov 2003
                          • 7251

                          #237
                          Originally posted by talisman
                          btw fish if that's how you were planning on playing it then why in your signup speech do you have "Bookie - This person bets on one person per night or day; if the person he bets on for the night is wolfed, or if the person he bets on for the day is lynched, he gets an anonymous vigi the next night." Although it's hella more useful if it doesn't go away.
                          Sorry for being vague, I meant that's when you're first able to use it. It's significantly more powerful for humans if you can save it, and I thought I used it that way to counter something else for the wolves at some point when I was balancing things out. So yes, my ruling is you can save it. =D

                          Comment

                          • Tasselfoot
                            Retired BOSS
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jul 2003
                            • 25185

                            #238
                            In that Talisman convo, the part at the end regarding Omega does stand out... throwing it on at the end, then countering it exatly in the next line.

                            At the same time, the last time Omega was a wolf, I didn't see it. It was Qreepy and some others who really pushed it (and were correct), so I'm in the same boat again this time around... I can see some iffies in his statements, combine that with what TPS said in the Talisman convo... I can understand the votes. Perhaps Qreepy, Afro, or eb would be willing to quote some of Omega's posts and give me some details of why he is the 3rd wolf? I'm being lazy this game, making others do the grunt work.
                            RIP

                            Comment

                            • talisman
                              Resident Penguin
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • May 2003
                              • 4598

                              #239
                              ps guys I'm serious about posting and/or pooling our resources regarding any convo you might have had with tps. The one I posted is the only one we had, btw.

                              Comment

                              • Tasselfoot
                                Retired BOSS
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jul 2003
                                • 25185

                                #240
                                I've posted my convos with TPS... most of them.
                                RIP

                                Comment

                                Working...