TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Humans Win)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • talisman
    Resident Penguin
    FFR Simfile Author
    • May 2003
    • 4598

    #151
    actually, omega, that's about the most logical thing I've heard for an explanation of why it happened. It doesn't seem to me that tps has any motivation to fake that kind of convo to make that kind of point as a wolf. It makes no sense. On the other hand, his explanation is weak and barely even semi-plausible. If he's a wolf, he needs a motive for faking a convo. What could he have had to gain from that particular kind of convo? It does jack shit, except maybe imply that he's not in the alliance. That's the part that doesn't make sense to me, and tass' suggestion that he's doing it as a plan with chardish is the most probable scenario I've heard, in terms of explaining the motivation behind it.

    Comment

    • Omeganitros
      auauauau
      • Jun 2003
      • 8897

      #152
      Or, you know, TPS might be a hum--
      ...Er...


      *Ahem*


      "Or, of course, Banshee could be a regular mutant." Beast was very puzzled why everyone leaned towards Banshee being malicious.

      Comment

      • User6773

        #153
        Gosh, how did I get embroiled in all this controversy? All I did was just, y'know, point out what should have been glaringly obvious to anyone who had read the conversation. It's not like I'm presenting evidence that wasn't available to all players. So I'm really wondering why I'm being considered as a possible wolf candidate.

        The "Chardish is a wolf. Get em." comment is what's particularly strange.

        TPS wolf Chardish wolf = the comment seems to be really defeatist, and I know TPS wouldn't want to repeat what happened in TWG XV because he was really pissed off after I sold him out.
        TPS wolf Chardish human = makes perfect sense because it tries to shift suspicion onto me, even though I've done nothing suspicious. Remember this. I just read that conversation a bit more closely than you guys did.
        TPS human Chardish human = makes no sense because TPS has no reason to call me a wolf. Once again, there's nothing I've done that's particularly stupid. It makes his claim into a revenge vote.

        I don't know why TPS would have faked that log, either. It seems trivial. Maybe he is human. But really, if you're human and you don't have a good reason, you don't lie. Wolves are liars. The goal of this game is to try and figure out who's lying.

        Comment

        • talisman
          Resident Penguin
          FFR Simfile Author
          • May 2003
          • 4598

          #154
          tps actually told me yesterday that you were one of his top candidates so that part sort of makes sense.

          Comment

          • Afrobean
            Admiral in the Red Army
            • Dec 2003
            • 13262

            #155
            Well, the thing is this: Tps faked the convo. Why would he fake the convo?

            Reason#1: To make himself seem SLIGHTLY more human.

            That's it. There is no other reason I can see that makes any sense (Tps would NEVER EVER kill himself for Chardish after XV). In fact, I believe he told me NUMEROUS times last game I played that he'd NEVER be in support of sacrificing a wolf partner to help another. Something about him not seeing a win as legitimate unless he survives until the end.

            Now stop and think about it for a minute. The convo does almost nothing. Seriously, after having read the convo the first time, I was like "so what? a wolf can have a conversation with an alliance leader like that just as easily as a green can." It didn't even help his case in my eyes. However, the fact that he faked it for almost no reason is just ridiculous. He easily could be green or red at this point.

            If he's green, he likely faked the convo from fear of being lynched today. He probably thought it would subtly help him. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case.

            If he's red, he's damn stupid. If a red is in the position that Tps was in at the end of yesterday, there is no reason for him to risk the little bit of credibility that he had by faking a conversation. And if he was going to risk anything, he should have gone for a fake blue. This also wouldn't surprise me.

            His open accusation of Omega and Qreepy is a bit odd, but really, he could just be playing his 6th sense card. He has an excellent sense of pegging people with absolutely no real evidence. Me? I have no real opinion about Omega or Qreepy, but don't disreguard them just because someone under the lynch-light accused them. Anyone recall when he called out myself and Guido when he was about to be lynched? He was spot on with that one. It was everyone disregaurding Tps' accusations that game that allowed Guido and I to pull off a win that game.

            Comment

            • lightdarkness
              Summer!!
              • Jul 2003
              • 11310

              #156
              You guys need to slow down, way to much happening while i'm at school work and having a life.

              From what I can tell, Kilga died cause of stupid guardian, or guardian was torlock. Everyone poking at TPS cause he's TPS, and someone calling chardish out on absolutly nothing.

              Am I following everything so far? Cause I don't see anything worth voting for.

              Comment

              • Afrobean
                Admiral in the Red Army
                • Dec 2003
                • 13262

                #157
                pr0n lolz

                I wouldn't say the guardian is stupid (see my previous post on the subject), but yes, your summary seems fairly adequate.

                Comment

                • GuidoHunter
                  is against custom titles
                  • Oct 2003
                  • 7371

                  #158
                  RE: pr0n lolz

                  I would say the guardian is stupid. Read my response to your post on the subject.

                  --Guido


                  Originally posted by Grandiagod
                  Originally posted by Grandiagod
                  She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                  Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                  Comment

                  • evilbutterfly
                    FFR Player
                    • Apr 2003
                    • 5784

                    #159
                    RE: pr0n lolz

                    1) I gotta go with Afrobean on the guardian thing. If you look at the evolution of TWG, you'll see that we seem to be going in cycles of reverse psychology. The early games, of course the guardian would guard the obvious people because the wolves were still wolfing them. So then the wolves started wolfing other people, so the guardian started guarding the non-obvious people. There have been quite a few more recent games where the top players and obvious guard choices have gotten wolfed. The guardian just has to go to the next step and move into like, triple reverse psychology, which is to do the obvious and guard people. This guardian just seems to be lagging behind in that.

                    2) Why did it take over a full page of posts for somebody to see the TPS thing, especially in such a small convo. This really surprises me, especially after Afro caught the empty line in TPS's other convo, which was quite large. Silly kids. But yeah, this shakey convo thing leads me to keep my vote on TPS.

                    3) I'm home (parents' house) now, so that means my sister will be on the comp LOTS when not in school. So like, if I'm not around, blame her, not me. I'll try to vote early tomorrow to avoid a phantom, but don't get pissy if I'm not there when you wanna talk to me.

                    ...not that any of you have really talked to me about TWG anyway... D=<
                    So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                    In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                    So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                    And I write the blog for their website.

                    Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                    Comment

                    • GuidoHunter
                      is against custom titles
                      • Oct 2003
                      • 7371

                      #160
                      RE: pr0n lolz

                      That doesn't make it any less stupid, eb. None at all. And anyone who would care to consider the consequences of their actions would realize that not guarding Kilga is 100% not worth it.

                      --Guido


                      Originally posted by Grandiagod
                      Originally posted by Grandiagod
                      She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                      Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                      Comment

                      • talisman
                        Resident Penguin
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • May 2003
                        • 4598

                        #161
                        RE: pr0n lolz

                        chardish you left out the tps is human chardish is a wolf scenario. Not that I blame you, just pointing it out.

                        Comment

                        • QreepyBORIS
                          FFR Player
                          • Feb 2003
                          • 7454

                          #162
                          RE: pr0n lolz

                          I'll just reiterate this, in case anyone missed it from Tass's or Chardish's post (because it's early and I can't remember which):

                          It is better to guard the people who are most important than just to risk a successful guarding of someone less important. In this case it would have been actually saved Kilga. So I am disappointed. =/

                          Signature subject to change.

                          THE ZERRRRRG.

                          Comment

                          • nforcer06164
                            FFR Player
                            • Mar 2003
                            • 4772

                            #163
                            Qreepy, what you said has been stated WAY too many times. We all understand that, and hopefully the guardian (if still alive) understands that now.

                            As for me, I don't see Chardish as being a wolf, with or without TPS. TPS would never let Chardish sell him out again. Remember that he gave up the names of the other wolves when Chardish did that the first time? It has to be one or the other. And now, after what else has surfaced, I'm leaning particularly towards TPS.

                            Chardish, I did notice the flaw in the TPS / Kilga conversation; I was looking for the "my self" mistake, yet I was looking above and failed to look below. I knew something was off, though. Also, although TPS does odd (sometimes stupid) things whether he is wolf or human, this starts to make me suspicious behind the "stupid TPS" line of thinking.

                            I'm going to place a safety vote on Talisman right now until I'm sure about TPS. Hopefully I'll get on to see the latest and make my final vote before the end. By the way, for those of you who forgot, it ends at noon tomorrow EDT.

                            PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                            Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                            Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                            Originally posted by Squeek
                            My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                            Comment

                            • Tps222
                              FFR Player
                              • Nov 2004
                              • 6169

                              #164
                              There was obvious sarcasm in the whole "Fine. It's Chardish, go get em" line. I was going to explain that to tass, but he got kicked off or something. I was fed up at all the explaining I had to do. I can never do anything without having to defend myself, it's annoying as hell. I fully understand that you guy's don't know the joke, and I have no proof of it. I really am not sure how to convince you more. If the conversation was faked, what would I gain? If I was a wolf, I would gain maybe a slight bit of humanism, with the risk of looking as a wolf. As a human, I would gain nothing, just giving you guys some insight. There is no reason that I would fake it, as the risks once again outweigh the benefits, there's no point to do it. Don't even give me a "You did because you thought we would think that no wolf would do it". Then why just not do it at all, it really doesn't make me look more human, you don't do something with a risk to get to back to where you were before you take the risk. That's just retarded.

                              Qreepy. You have been on me most of the game, with mostly nothing, you keep stating the obvious over and over again, regarding blues and all, like your trying to gauge reactions from them or Tass, and you plain just give me weird vibes, you are my vote for now.

                              Comment

                              • FishFishRevolution
                                GotR Creator
                                • Nov 2003
                                • 7251

                                #165
                                Voting guide!

                                talisman: -1- nforcer
                                TPS -3- evilbutterfly, Qreepy, Chardish
                                Qreepy -1- TPS

                                You know if you haven't voted, it's too early to matter for phantoms anyway, day ends SATURDAY at noon.

                                Comment

                                Working...