TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Humans Win)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • talisman
    Resident Penguin
    FFR Simfile Author
    • May 2003
    • 4598

    #136
    Err, I said "because you think he's human." Read.

    And notice how I never said "torlock being killed makes me not suspect A" or "makes me suspect B". Obviously whoever dies night one doesn't tell us shit about who the wolves are. It DOES tell us about the wolves' intentions though, which, if you'll notice, is what I was writing about.

    Comment

    • Tasselfoot
      Retired BOSS
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jul 2003
      • 25185

      #137
      OK, I'm back.


      First, alliance is back and running.... just short a Kilga. There are 3 wolves left. I will put into place a method to guarentee that if I die tonight, the person who contacted me as the guardian will get lynched the next day.

      Frankly, the thing that is bugging me ALOT is Guido. Every post he's made has been off, logically. Not to mention his pretty much ignoring the fact that there still IS an alliance. His post at the bottom of page 8 and middle of page 9. I don't feel like quoting the damn things, but go back and re-read what he wrote and see how he is skirting some of the main issues of what is going on, and tangenting discussion.

      Ok, so I will quote his post on page 8....

      Guys, Torlock had to be the guardian. He came out to a wolf, the wolves wolf him, a wolf comes out to Kilga, they wolf Kilga. Kilga didn't tell the blues about the other blues, as per Tass, so it's no-risk.

      This scenario is the PERFECT explanation for why Torlock died Night 1. It's the PERFECT explanation for why Kilga died last night, and I think it's a great explanation for why Torlock made the death post that he did. The first thing I thought when I read that was, "Man, I can't believe he just told us he was the guardian." If this is the case, he's going to be banned from TWG from here to eternity, since I really doubt he was role-playing his X-man.

      If this is the case, we need to look at whom Torlock would come out to, or, more importantly, in my opinion, who would go to him to extract his role.

      --Guido
      He is forcing his opinion here as the only option... that Torlock HAD to be the guardian... No, Torlock didn't have to be the guardian. Frankly, I'm willing to give Torlock the benefit of the doubt that he isn't dumb enough to tell ANYONE he was the guardian on night 1. I talked to him before roles were given out and he specifically told me he wouldn't disappoint. He didn't get to play, but I damn well expect him to not have "disappointed".

      Talisman gave other scenarios as to what could have happened... Guardian second guesses the wolves, figuring they wouldn't kill Kilga. Or, that Kilga told the guardian to not guard him, for the same reasoning. Either way, at this point, Kilga is dead... and its more important to worry about WHO WOULD HAVE THE BALLS TO RISK KILLING KILGA IN THIS SITUATION. Leading candidates? ap, blah, chardish, guido... guido less so, but combine his actions with one of the other 3...

      Anyway, that is my feeling after reading page 9. Also, knock it off with TPS. At least for now. If you find him suspicious THIS GAME, vote for him. Don't go analyzing him vs all his other schemes. Frankly, trying to figure what he is based upon his schemes is dumb. We know he'll do crazy shit as both a human and a wolf.
      RIP

      Comment

      • Tasselfoot
        Retired BOSS
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2003
        • 25185

        #138
        Then, reading more into that Guido post... his last line is insinuating ap being the one to "extract info" from him. So, should Guido be a wolf, chances are ap isn't.
        RIP

        Comment

        • GuidoHunter
          is against custom titles
          • Oct 2003
          • 7371

          #139
          Tass, I'm running with the Torlock = guardian scenario simply because I thought it to be the most probable and was actually waiting to hear from you about whether or not you were contacted. Now that I see you have been contacted by someone claiming to be the guardian, I'm more than willing to admit that other options are much more probable at this point.

          Originally posted by Tasselfoot
          Then, reading more into that Guido post... his last line is insinuating ap being the one to "extract info" from him. So, should Guido be a wolf, chances are ap isn't.
          The first people who came to mind were you and ap, being as how you both seem to be trustworthy fellows in TWG, especially for someone new to it. But again, there are now more possibilities for me to consider.

          --Guido


          Originally posted by Grandiagod
          Originally posted by Grandiagod
          She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
          Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

          Comment

          • QreepyBORIS
            FFR Player
            • Feb 2003
            • 7454

            #140
            Props to talisman for confusing phrasing.

            Signature subject to change.

            THE ZERRRRRG.

            Comment

            • User6773

              #141
              Thoughts here:

              GUARDIAN. GUARD TASS TONIGHT. I have absolutely no problem saying this because not losing Tass is more important than chancing a successful guardianing. As I've said, Rule #1 of being the guardian is that you don't try to second-guess the wolves.

              TPS, I'm waiting for you to explain this:
              Originally posted by TPS
              Tps7910 (10:28:01 PM): Hey.
              bjstrattonIM (10:28:19 PM): y hello thar.
              Tps7910 (10:28:25 PM): Want to discuss TWG?
              bjstrattonIM (10:28:37 PM): Not really.
              Tps7910 (10:28:57 PM): I just wanted to discuss suspicions with you, as I have done with a lot of the other players.
              bjstrattonIM (10:29:09 PM): Mhmm.
              Tps7910 (10:29:20 PM): Well, I know your in an alliance, so you probably don’t want to discuss too much.
              bjstrattonIM (10:29:30 PM): *you’re, **myself. Learn to speak correctly man.
              Tps7910 (10:29:38 PM): Avoid the question then, sorry, I was just trying to help.
              Tps7910 (10:29:50 PM): I just want to make sure that the proper roles have contacted you, and if I could be any service to you. Sacrifice my self for perhaps?
              bjstrattonIM (10:30:02 PM): I’m sorry for being a bit irritable, but I don’t want to risk this alliance.
              bjstrattonIM (10:30:18 PM): All the pieces are in place, and letting anyone else in could be costly.
              bjstrattonIM (10:30:35 PM): On top of that, I have a lot of homework, the chat distracted me from it for a bit, but I really need to get back to it.
              Tps7910 (10:30:48 PM): I understand. Well, I hope everything goes well.
              bjstrattonIM (10:31:00 PM): I got it covered, thanks.
              Kilga corrected your grammar by saying "**myself". 20 seconds before you made the grammatical mistake of typing "my self." Since I assume you copied the conversation locally, lag couldn't have been responsible for this.

              This leads me to assume that the conversation was doctored somehow. I'm waiting for an explanation of this.

              Comment

              • talisman
                Resident Penguin
                FFR Simfile Author
                • May 2003
                • 4598

                #142
                Actually that is pretty confusing. It should be "you're not voting for him because you think he's human, you're voting for him because you think he's a wolf." But I got lazy midsentence.

                edit: directed at qreepy.

                chardish, interesting find.

                Comment

                • Afrobean
                  Admiral in the Red Army
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 13262

                  #143
                  Wow. Chardish, that's amazing. How did I miss that?

                  Tps, what the hell? Why fake a convo like that? It does next to nothing. It doesn't make you seem more human, but faking it definitely makes you seem more wolfy.

                  Comment

                  • GuidoHunter
                    is against custom titles
                    • Oct 2003
                    • 7371

                    #144
                    I was wondering what Kilga was correcting, too; I just didn't bother to look further.

                    --Guido


                    Originally posted by Grandiagod
                    Originally posted by Grandiagod
                    She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                    Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                    Comment

                    • QreepyBORIS
                      FFR Player
                      • Feb 2003
                      • 7454

                      #145
                      Ditto to Guido. I thought I just overlooked it, but nay.

                      That is rather incriminating.

                      Signature subject to change.

                      THE ZERRRRRG.

                      Comment

                      • Tps222
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2004
                        • 6169

                        #146
                        Hahaha. I forgot that was in there. Kilga and I have this thing going with mispellings with me. I have done it while talking to him a lot, hence his strong reaction. Myself is an on-going joke from about TWG XVII time. He points out that first myself, now you're, hence his strong reaction. I then get back at him with the joke. I mean, come on, if this wasn't ongoing, his reaction wouldn't have been "Come on man, spell correctly", showing that he is use to it. Nice find though Chardish, I probably should have sub-noted that.

                        Anyways. Qreepy has been going hardcore on me both days so far. Maybe because he thinks I am a wolf, possibly because he knows that I am the easiest to lynch, and trying to start a bandwagon against him. I am going to watch him, along with Omega, who I know as a wolf pretty well. He is acting the same way he did as a wolf as he is now. Not going to vote yet though.

                        Comment

                        • Tasselfoot
                          Retired BOSS
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jul 2003
                          • 25185

                          #147
                          [19:42] TasselFoot: you there?
                          [19:43] tps7910: Yea.
                          [19:43] TasselFoot: show me multiple conversations where kilga corrected your grammar in similar fashions.... you have about 3 minutes.
                          [19:43] tps7910: I don't save conversations.
                          [19:43] TasselFoot: and don't tell me you don't keep logs.
                          [19:44] tps7910: I use normal aim.
                          [19:44] TasselFoot: you can log in normal AIM
                          [19:44] tps7910: Why would I log normal conversations?
                          [19:44] tps7910: Non-TWG?
                          [19:44] TasselFoot: you post tons of conversations... that tells me you log.
                          [19:44] tps7910: I don't log.
                          [19:44] tps7910: I save what's necessary.
                          [19:44] tps7910: I don't even know how to log.
                          [19:44] TasselFoot: you not being able to come up with proof of your statement is just like Chardish in that game where he tried to kill you when you were both wolves.
                          [19:45] tps7910: Is there any other way to prove humanity?
                          [19:45] tps7910: Why would I fake a conversation like that anyways?
                          [19:45] tps7910: What would I gain, on either team?
                          [19:46] TasselFoot: because you're you.
                          [19:46] TasselFoot: you do crazy and stupid shit all the time
                          [19:46] TasselFoot: and your explanation is downright awful.
                          [19:46] TasselFoot: in the thread that is
                          [19:47] tps7910: Can I ss my lack of log?
                          [19:47] TasselFoot: no
                          [19:47] tps7910: Well, you are judging me off past games, bit biased, but I understand.
                          [19:47] tps7910: I really don't know how to convince you.
                          [19:47] tps7910: I don't log ever.
                          [19:47] tps7910: Do you want acess to my comp?
                          [19:48] TasselFoot: no. i'm taking THIS situation, and applying it with what you are capable.
                          [19:48] tps7910: Is there a way that I can give you access to my comp?
                          [19:48] TasselFoot: no
                          [19:48] TasselFoot: well, yes. but, no.
                          [19:48] tps7910: What do you want then?
                          [19:48] TasselFoot: i asked kilga to verify your statement. chances are he'll give me a "no comment I'm dead" but i'm trying to get proof for you.
                          [19:50] tps7910: Well, it's either you believe me or you don't, I really don't know any other way to prove it. My gf is coming over soon, meaning I will be gone for at least 4 hours, so, in that time, believe in what you want. I'm sick and tired of defending myslf of every little thing I do. Everything I do makes me a wolf, so, do what you all feel like you need to do.
                          [19:51] TasselFoot: no, not everything you do makes you a wolf.... but when there is CLEAR evidence that something is messed with, then people get suspicious.
                          [19:51] TasselFoot: i of all people give you the benefit of the doubt most times.
                          [19:51] tps7910: Why would Kilga have such a strong reaction?
                          [19:51] tps7910: If it never happened before?
                          [19:51] TasselFoot: because you made 2 mistakes in 1 sentence
                          [19:51] TasselFoot: and because it happens often
                          [19:51] tps7910: He's not one to get on grammar.
                          [19:51] tps7910: as often.
                          [19:51] TasselFoot: he has ZERO reason to correct a mistake that didn't happen
                          [19:52] tps7910: Unless it did happen.
                          [19:52] tps7910: Before.
                          [19:52] TasselFoot: so he corrects you, and you just happen to do the exact same mistake 2 lines down?
                          [19:52] tps7910: Yea.
                          [19:52] tps7910: A comeback joke.
                          [19:52] tps7910: You know to spite him
                          [19:52] TasselFoot: i don't buy it
                          [19:52] tps7910: You know I do stuff like that.
                          [19:52] tps7910: I am very sarcastic.
                          [19:53] TasselFoot: i don't buy it
                          [19:53] tps7910: "Come on man, use proper grammar"
                          [19:53] tps7910: Why would he say that, it's overeacting unless it happened before.
                          [19:53] TasselFoot: WHY DOES HE CORRECT YOU ON A MISTAKE YOU DIDN'T MAKE YET.
                          [19:53] tps7910: I MADE IT BEFORE
                          [19:53] tps7910: ITS LIKE SAYING
                          [19:54] tps7910: FIRST MAYBE, NOW THIS, COME ON MAN.
                          [19:54] TasselFoot: or there is the case that you did it on purpose so that Chardish could call you on it. You get lynched as a wolf, he comes off looking scot free.
                          [19:55] tps7910: Of course, I would def sac myself for him, after what he did against me.
                          [19:55] TasselFoot: I noticed Kilga correcting you for no reason, but didn't see the mistake after it. Same as Guido and Qreepy.
                          [19:55] TasselFoot: I think you would.
                          [19:55] tps7910: Fine.
                          [19:55] tps7910: Chardish is a wolf.
                          [19:55] tps7910: Get em.
                          RIP

                          Comment

                          • Tasselfoot
                            Retired BOSS
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jul 2003
                            • 25185

                            #148
                            Also... my AIM appears to not want to connect. I'm on MSN still, or PMs. If you need to talk to me.
                            RIP

                            Comment

                            • User6773

                              #149
                              TPS

                              I find your explanations for this to be very contrived.

                              Comment

                              • Omeganitros
                                auauauau
                                • Jun 2003
                                • 8897

                                #150
                                TPS: Knowing me as a wolf means knowing me as a human. Sure, Qreepy sniff out some oddities, but you of all people should know how ridiculously far I went to make sure I acted human. Even to the point where I refused to let you tell me who the special roles were.


                                Also....Yeah, Tasselfoot...
                                [19:54] TasselFoot: or there is the case that you did it on purpose so that Chardish could call you on it. You get lynched as a wolf, he comes off looking scot free.
                                Come on. It's not impossible, but man, highly improbable. TPS might pull it off as a wolf, but if Chardish was a wolf with TPS, he would probably slap down such a plan, knowing that even if he did get TPS killed nobody would really lose their suspicion of him.

                                Comment

                                Working...