TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Humans Win)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Afrobean
    Admiral in the Red Army
    • Dec 2003
    • 13262

    #376
    People have been throwing my name around a few times. Anyone feel like being a nice guy and clearly identifying anything wolfy I've done?

    PS ap stop being an ass. It's one thing to swear casually, but it's another to flame another user with such a hurtful term.

    Also note that I'm not defending jurs just because she's jurs. I'm defending her, because a gentleman should NEVER EVER refer to a female using any term like that.

    PPS
    Originally posted by aperson
    Oh and while we're at it, let's set up the groundwork on how we need to be thinking:

    Claims when presenting evidence:
    Evidence must be as falsifiable as possible. To determine this the presented evidence must in fact tend towards a person being a human or a wolf. This means that claims that can be argued 'either way' are not legitimate and must have some precedental or statistical evidence to back them up.

    Anything that has been psychologically tested and disproven is not certifiable as evidence. This means that 'raw' intuition. Such as 'I really think x is a wolf' pregame or claims that have no confounding variables that could modify them can not be used as evidence.
    While I agree with your two sided skewed evidence rant, it ain't gonna happen. Both greens and reds make use of the ability to skew evidence. It's up to those who read the thread to decide if the information (whether skewed heavily, lightly, or not at all) is worth lynching the said player over.

    Also, there will always be those individuals with good enough intuition (or as you put it "luck") that it far outweighs the use of concrete evidence. There will always be those who put enough stock in their abilities to simply read people that they will vote for others with no solid evidence.

    I mean, just think if we only lynched people when there was solid evidence against them. It'd be stupid... there's usually no more than a few cases of concrete evidence against wolves in any given game. If we were to only lynch those with concrete evidence, almost every game would end in wolf victory. We have to put faith in our ability to read people with no real evidence. Without it, we'd never win.

    Comment

    • talisman
      Resident Penguin
      FFR Simfile Author
      • May 2003
      • 4598

      #377
      afro I made a big post a while back detailing some musings on the you=wolf scenario.

      Comment

      • Omeganitros
        auauauau
        • Jun 2003
        • 8897

        #378
        Originally posted by chardish
        Omega: Lots of iffiness earlier on with the role-playing and dodgy answers to direct questions. More wolfy than most.
        Would you feel better about it if I answered questions directly?

        Comment

        • Afrobean
          Admiral in the Red Army
          • Dec 2003
          • 13262

          #379
          Ok, so in talking with Talisman I discovered that the same evidence I've been using against Omega can go both ways. Logically, a wolf would be more careful than to make a mistake like that. At the same rate, though, a human shouldn't vote using such logic as "well he's going to die anyway, so i'll vote for him even though I think he's human."

          So, take this as an honorary vote null (LOL).

          At least until Omega does something else wolfy. But since he's been called on something already he'll be extra careful to not do such a thing whether he be red, green, blue, purple, or even brown.

          Acutally, I think I'll make one of those awesome lists of people and what I think of them.

          Comment

          • aperson
            FFR Hall of Fame
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2003
            • 3434

            #380
            Originally posted by Afrobean
            Also, there will always be those individuals with good enough intuition (or as you put it "luck") that it far outweighs the use of concrete evidence. There will always be those who put enough stock in their abilities to simply read people that they will vote for others with no solid evidence.

            I mean, just think if we only lynched people when there was solid evidence against them. It'd be stupid... there's usually no more than a few cases of concrete evidence against wolves in any given game. If we were to only lynch those with concrete evidence, almost every game would end in wolf victory. We have to put faith in our ability to read people with no real evidence. Without it, we'd never win.
            On the intuition: I mean blind intuition, not after we've played intuition. By blind intuition I mean pre-game when there are no 3rd variables that can influence the roles besides the RNG. Intuitions and 'something feeling off' about a player after the day has started can be usual, though marginally.

            I'm also not shooting for rock solid evidence, I'm shooting for evidence that is stronger than the 50/50 skewing that we have going here. Try getting statistical plots of behavioral traits or something a bit more powerful to go by. Evilbutterfly's 'anyways' graph was almost useful, except he went by raw number count instead of % of appearance in posts, at least he was on the right track.

            Comment

            • aperson
              FFR Hall of Fame
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jul 2003
              • 3434

              #381
              To help everyone out, first I am compiling evidence. I will share all the evidence I have with everyone as I gather it, afterwards I will start analyzing the evidence and hopefully find some hairy cunts... and by hairy cunts I mean wolves.



              Particular points of interest are the timing and location of votes on Omeganitros and nforcer on day three.

              Also, I left nforcer colored a mix because it is possible, though unlikely, that nforcer was a wolf and TPS wasn't.

              Edit: Nevermind, TPS is definitely the wolf. nforcer is green.

              Comment

              • mead1
                Cerebellumberjack
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Aug 2003
                • 3960

                #382
                Ok, well I'm gonna be at school at days end, so I'm going to vote Afro. I looked back through the last few pages of the thread and his rollover vote is the only thing that really sticks out to me.

                Comment

                • Afrobean
                  Admiral in the Red Army
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 13262

                  #383
                  mead1 - not as active as others. Hard to read. Could easily go both ways.

                  Chardish - Could be. I see no real evidence on him, but if he was playing well as a wolf, there would be no real evidence.

                  aperson - ass. Most likely not a wolf though.*

                  Omeganitros - Before I was nearly 100% he was a wolf. Now I'm more around 60%. The evidence that I was so sure proved him to be wolf just as easily made him seem human. And if he's human, he's doing a terrible job of helping the human cause by using shoddy logic and blatant bandwagonning.

                  blahblah18 - I have no idea. He needs to post more.

                  talisman - Seems human to me. Could be playing the "I'm being very helpful and active" card though (it works well. see the game a few back when I was a wolf). I am most definitely leaning towards human, though... about 90%, I'd say.

                  lightdarkness - Can EASILY go both ways. Like others have said before he could just be cashing in on the "if I'm green I don't care about the game" thing. I suppose we're giving him the benefit of the doubt, though.

                  evilbutterfly - Obviously a wolf. Just kidding. He doesn't seem especially suspicious in the thread, but I haven't had a chance to talk over AIM about TWG with him much. Probably is human, but I'm basing this entirely on his posts and I read him better when I talk with him on AIM (I've read him as blue successfully those two times I was a wolf and he was blue. I also figured he was red one time based on how he was over AIM and I ended up being right)

                  JurseyRider734 - Like eb said, the exploding is really strange. I'm more inclined to believe you're human though, since I wouldn't think of you as the type to put yourself in the spot like that if you're a wolf.

                  Afrobean - I don't think so.

                  GuidoHunter - People are suspicious of him, right? I must've missed why. It seems like people are just hating on people who defended Tps. This is pretty stupid since I know I kind of defended Tps also, yet little has been said of it, and I'm sure others also defended Tps. Pretty poor logic in my opinion.

                  Tasselfoot - Obviously the master wolf playing us all for fools.

                  PS I copied eb's list and kept parts I agree'd with lolz.

                  *(19:11:08) talisman: you think ap is human>
                  (19:11:16) talisman: ?*
                  19:11
                  (19:11:51) Afrobean: he doesn't seem like a wolf to me
                  (19:12:00) Afrobean: it seems like people are just saying "well ap is still alive"
                  (19:12:04) Afrobean: "so he must not be human"
                  (19:12:55) talisman: I don't know, I found his inactivity somewhat condemning
                  (19:13:05) talisman: it's not like he didn't make sure to get a post in every now and then
                  (19:13:14) talisman: it's just that they had no thought to them
                  (19:13:25) Afrobean: he probably doesn't care about the game
                  (19:13:27) Afrobean: like LD
                  (19:13:42) talisman: perhaps but he did at first...
                  (19:14:01) Afrobean: so you're saying you think ap might be faking innactivity to make it seem lioke he doesn't care?
                  (19:14:11) Afrobean: you're using the skewed logic that ap complained about man
                  (19:14:27) talisman: well like I said
                  (19:14:29) talisman: and you as well
                  (19:14:41) talisman: it comes down to "do they fit the scenario?"
                  (19:14:42) Afrobean: I know, but you're skewing evidence to say he's a wolf
                  (19:14:51) Afrobean: when the same evidence can be used to say he's human
                  (19:15:10) Afrobean: yea, ap would definitely not care about a game if he's a green outside an alliance
                  (19:15:29) Afrobean: honestly, I don't blame him
                  (19:15:36) Afrobean: this game is a lot more fun when you're in on stuff
                  (19:15:42) Afrobean: but I still try at least
                  (19:15:57) talisman: I mean, I play hard no matter what
                  (19:16:05) talisman: I've never been in an alliance yet
                  (19:16:10) Afrobean: really?
                  (19:16:13) talisman: nope
                  (19:16:13) Afrobean: never been blue?
                  (19:16:15) talisman: nope
                  (19:16:23) Afrobean: well it's more fun if you're red, right?
                  19:16
                  (19:16:33) Afrobean: if ap were red, logically, he'd be more active
                  (19:16:55) talisman: or logically he'd want to lower his profile because his team was down two
                  (19:17:08) Afrobean: well he was never that active this game, was he?
                  (19:17:17) Afrobean: he was in like the beginning of day1
                  (19:17:22) Afrobean: then faded out
                  (19:17:27) talisman: day one he was active both in the chat and in the thread
                  (19:17:34) Afrobean: that's exactly what I'd do if I was green and I lost interest
                  (19:17:56) Afrobean: think about it though
                  (19:17:59) Afrobean: if he was red
                  (19:18:12) Afrobean: he'd realize that he shouldn't do anything to draw attention to himself
                  (19:18:22) Afrobean: being REALLY innactive is exactly that
                  (19:18:23) talisman: and thus lay low...
                  (19:18:27) Afrobean: something that draws attention to him
                  (19:18:31) talisman: but he hasn't been blah or ld
                  (19:18:37) talisman: he's made posts
                  (19:18:41) talisman: just small ones
                  (19:18:45) Afrobean: he's not been helpful though
                  (19:18:54) Afrobean: except he did contribute on day 1
                  (19:19:21) talisman: well I can agree that the evidence can go both ways
                  (19:19:25) talisman: the problem is
                  (19:19:30) talisman: is there a better candidate?

                  The problem is that at this point, I honestly can't say yes or no. I don't agree with lynching ap, but at the same time, I can't come up with anyone that should be lynched in his place.

                  Comment

                  • Omeganitros
                    auauauau
                    • Jun 2003
                    • 8897

                    #384
                    I think blahblah18 needs to speak up. Badly. Because I think of him as one of those "all-star" players, and he's hardly made a peep, as everyone has said. I'll be open to talk with people later when Yom Kippur services are over.

                    Comment

                    • Tasselfoot
                      Retired BOSS
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jul 2003
                      • 25185

                      #385
                      Afro, what is with the 2 gaps in the convo with parts of timestamps?
                      RIP

                      Comment

                      • talisman
                        Resident Penguin
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • May 2003
                        • 4598

                        #386
                        tass I think that's a glitch I'll hit up the full convo in a second.

                        Comment

                        • talisman
                          Resident Penguin
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • May 2003
                          • 4598

                          #387
                          This is Afrobean (6:01:33 PM): I know I read your post
                          This is Afrobean (6:01:38 PM): but I don't recall it right now
                          This is Afrobean (6:01:43 PM): can you tell me why I'm a wolf?
                          stressreliefball (6:01:56 PM): well basically I thought you weren't
                          stressreliefball (6:02:01 PM): because I thought wrongly
                          stressreliefball (6:02:06 PM): that on day two you accused tps early
                          This is Afrobean (6:02:10 PM): oh
                          stressreliefball (6:02:18 PM): but you didn't jump on him til later
                          This is Afrobean (6:02:19 PM): so because I didn't vote early on Tps, I'm a wolf?
                          stressreliefball (6:02:27 PM): no that's not it
                          This is Afrobean (6:02:35 PM): why not go back and read ap's rant about skewed evidence
                          stressreliefball (6:02:41 PM): dude that's not it at all
                          This is Afrobean (6:02:57 PM): all I recall hearing from you is that I "seemed off in the chat"
                          stressreliefball (6:02:57 PM): I was ruling you out earlier because I thought that was the case
                          This is Afrobean (6:03:07 PM): so do all you have is gut?
                          This is Afrobean (6:03:26 PM): and is that what anyone else who mentioned me is working off of as well?
                          stressreliefball (6:03:28 PM): well because I was wrong for my reasons about ruling you out
                          stressreliefball (6:03:33 PM): I had to rule you back in
                          This is Afrobean (6:03:35 PM): I understand
                          stressreliefball (6:03:37 PM): and test the scenario
                          This is Afrobean (6:03:46 PM): but I seem to be pretty high on people's lists
                          This is Afrobean (6:03:49 PM): without even doing anything
                          stressreliefball (6:03:58 PM): it could be the roll over votes
                          This is Afrobean (6:04:10 PM): and why would a wolf do that and not a human?
                          This is Afrobean (6:04:15 PM): humans would just as easily do that
                          This is Afrobean (6:04:26 PM): especially if they think strongly that the person they're voting for is a wolf
                          stressreliefball (6:04:35 PM): well it leaves the impression that you're trying to get away with voting without thinking of any new reasons or something
                          stressreliefball (6:04:41 PM): I agree with that in principle
                          This is Afrobean (6:04:46 PM): why should I have new reasons?
                          stressreliefball (6:04:52 PM): I'm just saying that's why people are probably thinking about you
                          This is Afrobean (6:04:53 PM): it's been spelled out
                          This is Afrobean (6:05:06 PM): well the only other thing I remember is Tass saying my convo with you
                          This is Afrobean (6:05:09 PM): that you posted
                          This is Afrobean (6:05:16 PM): reminded him of my first game as a wolf
                          This is Afrobean (6:05:28 PM): which is funny as hell since I've come very far from that game
                          stressreliefball (6:05:29 PM): I obviously can't speak to that as I'm not tass
                          This is Afrobean (6:05:31 PM): that was like 8
                          This is Afrobean (6:05:45 PM): ok I was just wondering if maybe you were thinking the same thing
                          stressreliefball (6:05:55 PM): I wasn't around then so I don't know
                          This is Afrobean (6:06:11 PM): I'll talk to tass sometime probably i guess
                          stressreliefball (6:06:29 PM): I mean, I'm still not 100% on omega either
                          This is Afrobean (6:06:49 PM): I understand
                          This is Afrobean (6:07:01 PM): he easily could have just been being very very stupid before
                          This is Afrobean (6:07:15 PM): I'd like to think that omega is smart enough to not use circular logic like that though
                          stressreliefball (6:07:22 PM): and I would expect more caution from him
                          stressreliefball (6:07:23 PM): yes
                          stressreliefball (6:07:33 PM): when voting and down a wolf like that
                          This is Afrobean (6:07:53 PM): I dunno
                          stressreliefball (6:07:53 PM): but that could be just me trying to put my playing style onto others
                          This is Afrobean (6:07:59 PM): oh hay I thought of something funny
                          This is Afrobean (6:08:14 PM): people were jumping on people for "asking fish to be a wolf"
                          This is Afrobean (6:08:27 PM): I did it too and I'm sure that even more peopel asked as well
                          stressreliefball (6:08:41 PM): fish wasn't choosing roles was he... ?
                          stressreliefball (6:08:49 PM): he did it randomly, right?
                          This is Afrobean (6:08:55 PM): I'd assume so
                          This is Afrobean (6:09:01 PM): since he didn't do as I asked
                          This is Afrobean (6:09:11 PM): and as far as I know, neither hans nor Tps asked
                          stressreliefball (6:09:47 PM): so who are the two wolves left then, in your opinion
                          This is Afrobean (6:10:11 PM): after omega, I don't have much of anything
                          This is Afrobean (6:10:25 PM): I could pull out a list of people playing and randomly pick someone who MIGHT be a wolf
                          This is Afrobean (6:10:32 PM): but I'll just leave it open for now
                          This is Afrobean (6:10:51 PM): side note: I'm pretty sure that those being looked at as wolf now in the thread are probably not wolf
                          stressreliefball (6:11:02 PM): you think ap is human>
                          stressreliefball (6:11:10 PM): ?*
                          This is Afrobean (6:11:45 PM): he doesn't seem like a wolf to me
                          This is Afrobean (6:11:55 PM): it seems like people are just saying "well ap is still alive"
                          This is Afrobean (6:11:58 PM): "so he must not be human"
                          stressreliefball (6:12:48 PM): I don't know, I found his inactivity somewhat condemning
                          stressreliefball (6:12:59 PM): it's not like he didn't make sure to get a post in every now and then
                          stressreliefball (6:13:08 PM): it's just that they had no thought to them
                          This is Afrobean (6:13:19 PM): he probably doesn't care about the game
                          This is Afrobean (6:13:21 PM): like LD
                          stressreliefball (6:13:36 PM): perhaps but he did at first...
                          This is Afrobean (6:13:55 PM): so you're saying you think ap might be faking innactivity to make it seem lioke he doesn't care?
                          This is Afrobean (6:14:05 PM): you're using the skewed logic that ap complained about man
                          stressreliefball (6:14:20 PM): well like I said
                          stressreliefball (6:14:23 PM): and you as well
                          stressreliefball (6:14:35 PM): it comes down to "do they fit the scenario?"
                          This is Afrobean (6:14:36 PM): I know, but you're skewing evidence to say he's a wolf
                          This is Afrobean (6:14:45 PM): when the same evidence can be used to say he's human
                          This is Afrobean (6:15:04 PM): yea, ap would definitely not care about a game if he's a green outside an alliance
                          This is Afrobean (6:15:23 PM): honestly, I don't blame him
                          This is Afrobean (6:15:30 PM): this game is a lot more fun when you're in on stuff
                          This is Afrobean (6:15:36 PM): but I still try at least
                          stressreliefball (6:15:51 PM): I mean, I play hard no matter what
                          stressreliefball (6:15:59 PM): I've never been in an alliance yet
                          This is Afrobean (6:16:04 PM): really?
                          stressreliefball (6:16:06 PM): nope
                          This is Afrobean (6:16:07 PM): never been blue?
                          stressreliefball (6:16:09 PM): nope
                          This is Afrobean (6:16:17 PM): well it's more fun if you're red, right?
                          This is Afrobean (6:16:27 PM): if ap were red, logically, he'd be more active
                          stressreliefball (6:16:48 PM): or logically he'd want to lower his profile because his team was down two
                          This is Afrobean (6:17:02 PM): well he was never that active this game, was he?
                          This is Afrobean (6:17:11 PM): he was in like the beginning of day1
                          This is Afrobean (6:17:16 PM): then faded out
                          stressreliefball (6:17:21 PM): day one he was active both in the chat and in the thread
                          This is Afrobean (6:17:28 PM): that's exactly what I'd do if I was green and I lost interest
                          This is Afrobean (6:17:50 PM): think about it though
                          This is Afrobean (6:17:54 PM): if he was red
                          This is Afrobean (6:18:06 PM): he'd realize that he shouldn't do anything to draw attention to himself
                          This is Afrobean (6:18:16 PM): being REALLY innactive is exactly that
                          stressreliefball (6:18:16 PM): and thus lay low...
                          This is Afrobean (6:18:21 PM): something that draws attention to him
                          stressreliefball (6:18:25 PM): but he hasn't been blah or ld
                          stressreliefball (6:18:31 PM): he's made posts
                          stressreliefball (6:18:35 PM): just small ones
                          This is Afrobean (6:18:39 PM): he's not been helpful though
                          This is Afrobean (6:18:48 PM): except he did contribute on day 1
                          stressreliefball (6:19:15 PM): well I can agree that the evidence can go both ways
                          stressreliefball (6:19:18 PM): the problem is
                          stressreliefball (6:19:24 PM): is there a better candidate?
                          This is Afrobean (6:19:35 PM): I'd say Omega
                          This is Afrobean (6:19:38 PM): but I know you don't think so
                          stressreliefball (6:19:55 PM): I can't read omega that well
                          This is Afrobean (6:20:06 PM): I don't really know Omega well either
                          stressreliefball (6:20:07 PM): in eb's game I was sure he was human til the instant it came back wolf
                          This is Afrobean (6:20:18 PM): but I know that he's more intelligent than to justify a vote so stupidly
                          stressreliefball (6:20:49 PM): which means that you think he's human?
                          This is Afrobean (6:20:55 PM): then again, that evidence could also go both ways
                          stressreliefball (6:21:10 PM): right, there's nothing hard out there right now
                          This is Afrobean (6:21:12 PM): I'm really confused now
                          stressreliefball (6:21:21 PM): this day will create the hard evidence
                          This is Afrobean (6:21:27 PM): damn I thought it was so clear cut, but it's really not
                          stressreliefball (6:21:40 PM): not at all
                          stressreliefball (6:21:51 PM): the other thing to consider to is who would attack kilga and tass back to back
                          This is Afrobean (6:22:04 PM): Omega isn't going to do anything further to prove his wolfishness/humanity anyway
                          stressreliefball (6:22:08 PM): tass thinks ap would, Iagree, I think you would, he disagrees
                          This is Afrobean (6:22:10 PM): he'll be especially careful
                          This is Afrobean (6:22:16 PM): dude
                          This is Afrobean (6:22:33 PM): it's been pounded into the ground that this is almost an allstar
                          This is Afrobean (6:22:49 PM): anyone of us who knows the logistics of the guardian role well enough would go for Kilga
                          stressreliefball (6:22:53 PM): right but people still have different personalities
                          stressreliefball (6:23:00 PM): I wouldn't have risked it, for example
                          This is Afrobean (6:23:11 PM): there was little risk involved
                          stressreliefball (6:23:21 PM): the risk of not getting a wolfing
                          This is Afrobean (6:23:24 PM): especially since at that point it was thought that tor was maybe the guardian
                          This is Afrobean (6:23:34 PM): think about it though
                          This is Afrobean (6:23:46 PM): minus one wolfing for the chance to take out an early alliance
                          stressreliefball (6:23:50 PM): not when kilga was attacked torlock wasn't assumed to be the guardian
                          This is Afrobean (6:24:13 PM): oh that came after kilga's death?
                          stressreliefball (6:24:24 PM): yeah that's what spawned that whole debate
                          This is Afrobean (6:24:43 PM): oh I thought it spawned from people trying to figure out why the wolves went for tor
                          stressreliefball (6:25:14 PM): no people thought he might be blue but mead was the only one who suggested he might have been the guardian
                          stressreliefball (6:25:18 PM): and mead was largely ignored
                          This is Afrobean (6:25:27 PM): mead is always largely ignored
                          This is Afrobean (6:25:29 PM): haha
                          stressreliefball (6:25:33 PM): very true
                          stressreliefball (6:25:42 PM): anyway this has been a good chat but I'm afraid I must eat
                          stressreliefball (6:25:48 PM): talk to you later
                          This is Afrobean (6:25:50 PM): yea, I should eat too soon
                          This is Afrobean (6:25:53 PM): see ya

                          Comment

                          • Afrobean
                            Admiral in the Red Army
                            • Dec 2003
                            • 13262

                            #388
                            Actually, it's something about Gaim. Every once in a while it inserts those (every 5 minutes from when the convo started it seems). I'm not sure what they appear for.

                            EDIT: haha that's right... I was gonna eat. I never did though.

                            Comment

                            • JurseyRider734
                              lil j the bad b-word
                              • Aug 2003
                              • 7507

                              #389
                              Afro I find it funny that you think no one is a wolf, yet there are wolves left.
                              Originally posted by Arch0wl
                              I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                              Originally posted by Afrobean
                              Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                              the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                              Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                              Comment

                              • Afrobean
                                Admiral in the Red Army
                                • Dec 2003
                                • 13262

                                #390
                                Jurs, I find it funny that you missed the part where I listed many people that have a chance of being a wolf. Just because I don't say specifically "I think XXX is a wolf" doesn't mean I don't believe it's possible, especially since most people I identified with things like "I dunno. could be."

                                The only people that almost certainly aren't wolves in my opinion are talisman, ap, and tass. And then there's me of course, but I can't justify my humanity any better than "I saw my PM."

                                Comment

                                Working...