TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Humans Win)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • evilbutterfly
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2003
    • 5784

    #241
    I don't log, sorry. I think I had one convo with TPS briefly, and I think we chatted in the chat, but that ended up being about MS. My bad.

    And I already posted my bit about Omega. The thing is, people who use anyways/anyway don't think anything of how they use it. Most people don't realize that anyways, technically, isn't a word. I saw it stand out only because I use anyways a lot and found out one day that it was 100% wrong, so I ran those searches for style. That, and Omega's little irony monster thing. I read that as "lol, I made a PM saying TPS is a wolf and you all suspect me, lolololol" and kinda like, giving up. After Hans gave up the way he did, it wouldn't surprise me if a 2nd or 3rd wolf also gave up. Also, somebody mentioned ( I think...) that Omega doesn't work well under the pressure of being a wolf. He'll slip up even more under the pressure of a few votes .

    PS:

    I'm being lazy this game, making others do the grunt work.
    Stop it! That's my job!! D=
    So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

    In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

    So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
    And I write the blog for their website.

    Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

    Comment

    • QreepyBORIS
      FFR Player
      • Feb 2003
      • 7454

      #242
      Tass, I haven't voted Omega yet, but I will totally look into it, because other seem to think something's amiss with him. And I kind of understand what they saying -- he was pushing the lynching of someone he was "sure" was human (and evidently wasn't). That part of his ideology actually coincides with how he acted last time he was a wolf.

      Soooo, I am definitely going to keep an eye out.

      I pledge a vote for Omega.

      Signature subject to change.

      THE ZERRRRRG.

      Comment

      • GuidoHunter
        is against custom titles
        • Oct 2003
        • 7371

        #243
        talisman, I just left town, so my convo with Tps will have to wait until Monday or Tuesday. I don't think there's much to glean from it, but I don't see the harm in posting it when I can.

        Also, Omega has been acting a bit off, I agree. He's said himself that he's not too certain of how to act as a wolf. At least, I'm pretty sure he said something like that; it would have been a while ago if he did.

        --Guido


        Originally posted by Grandiagod
        Originally posted by Grandiagod
        She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
        Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

        Comment

        • mead1
          Cerebellumberjack
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Aug 2003
          • 3960

          #244
          Well, I still don't buy the omega thing. Maybe I just haven't played enough games with him to realize what you all are getting at, but I just don't see it. Aside from eb's "anyways" analysis, I haven't really seen any evidence on him. If someone could IM me and explain it a little better, I'd be much obliged.

          Better yet, I may IM people myself.

          Comment

          • Tasselfoot
            Retired BOSS
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2003
            • 25185

            #245
            About the anyways thing... my original thought was that TPS wrote the PMs, and he uses anyways just as much as anyone... including using it in a convo that I posted from the past week or so. Either this game or last. So... and, not to mention, people like Qreepy also use that variation of speech frequently. The logic for it is just... less than solid.

            So, I'll make a chart with my feelings...

            mead - being mead. saying things that others are saying, bandwagoning. never know with mead.

            chardish - has said some dumb shit over day 1 and 2, and after I gave my theory for why TPS would fake the convo, the only decent theory was for it to help another wolf... who did that convo help? Chardish, to some extent, as he pointed out the mistake. Also, the whole "I'd never work with Chardish after what he did to me" bs from TPS is most certainly not true. TPS plays to win, regardless of how.

            ap - Has been extremely quiet since day 1... and is somehow still alive. Also chardish and ap attacking each other heavily on day 1 is the same thing that happened in a previous TWG between the two when they were both wolves. I think that was the TPS game also... Also, who would go with the obvious wolf kills of trying to take out Kilga and then me back to back... chardish, ap, blah. Thats it. At least 1 of the 3 HAVE to be a wolf... if not 2/3.

            omega - Everyone is attacking him for the anyways thing, for the irony monster, for his odd behavior... then a few others say they don't see it. Frankly, I don't know omega, so I'm forced to rely on you guys for info on him. Looks like he is gonna get the axe today...

            blah - Has been his normal quiet and useless self, ever since about TWG12 or so... lazy ass.

            talisman - being his normal talisman... active, helpful, insightful. All the reasons I killed him night 2 last game.

            ld - As others have said, ld appears to not care about this game... most likely, it means he is green. It could of course be him banking on what we know about him and he's actually a red hiding out.

            eb - Started the bandwagon on Omega, pretty much, with the anyways thing. Inactive early... long posts, very opinionated. I doubt a wolf would make such hardcore stances, especially with 50% of his team gone. Reasoning? If omega comes back human, it looks bad for eb, gets people suspicious of him.... I see a wolf now trying to blend in, and move players in one direction... not being so outright and loud about it.

            jurs - No idea, really. Her posts have been semi-retarded, but I guess that isn't saying too much. Benefit of the doubt says human, but who knows. Similar to Omega in that I never talk to her, which makes understanding her as a human vs wolf rough.

            nforcer - Haven't spoken to him. Has been as inactive this game as last game... my main thoughts are that he shouldn't be playing TWG if he doesn't have the time. Could be a good cover for a wolf, or he could just be nforcer, a lower-tier player we take for granted.

            qreepy - I'm getting tired of writing... can't remember what he's said. Seems to be less outspoken than normal.

            afro - Has been active, can't really remember much more. Unsure either way.

            guido - Similar to Chardish, his posts have been off. For someone so involved with Fluid Dynamics and other course names that are a challenge just to spell, his logical thinking and ability to say things OTHER than what others say has been down right poor. TPS lists him as suspicious via Talisman, which makes him less likely a candidate, but knowing TPS... likely 1 person that he found "suspicious" was a wolf.

            tass - If I'm a wolf, you're all fucked.

            I'll make another post in a few minutes that goes off of TPS' voting.
            RIP

            Comment

            • Omeganitros
              auauauau
              • Jun 2003
              • 8897

              #246
              Guys. The Irony Monster was my clever way of pointing out how I had said nothing "dramatic to make people change their votes" would happen, and then something did, that something being my post. I found it extremely ironic, so I posted the Irony Monster, threatening to kill me, a play off the phrase "the irony is killing me."


              Also: If you find me wolfy, there's not much I can do about that. But I was a wolf, I don't think I would be THAT blatant about a bandwagoning post. But then, my experience as a wolf was quite short-lived, so...I'm not really sure if I would have acted differently at all.

              Comment

              • FishFishRevolution
                GotR Creator
                • Nov 2003
                • 7251

                #247
                ....::::As per requested::::....

                Bold names are final votes, unbolded names are previous votes before they were switched off. Underlined stated it was a safety vote.

                Day 1 Voting Guide:

                TPS: (0) Tass, HansSky
                HansSky: (9) Kilgamayan, aperson, TPS, Omeganitros, talisman, Tasselfoot, nforcer, HansSky, Qreepy, mead1
                JurseyRider: (1) Omeganitros
                aperson: (1) Chardish

                Insta day, no Phantoms.

                Day 2 Voting Guide:

                Omeganitros: (5) Afrobean, talisman, evilbutterfly, JurseyRider734, TPS
                talisman: (0) nforcer
                TPS: (9) Qreepy, Chardish, aperson, blahblah, Omeganitros, Tasselfoot, mead1, LD, nforcer, evilbutterfly, afrobean
                Qreepy: (0) TPS
                Afrobean: (0) evilbutterfly
                Tasselfoot: (0) LD

                Last-second insta, nforced posted pretty much at the same time that LD did, so I counted both of their votes. No Phantoms.

                Day 3 Current Votes:

                Omeganitros: (2) Afrobean, evilbutterfly

                EDIT: I've given up on character voting guides. Nobody likes them.

                Comment

                • Afrobean
                  Admiral in the Red Army
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 13262

                  #248
                  omega - Everyone is attacking him for the anyways thing, for the irony monster, for his odd behavior
                  Actually, I began attacking him for none of these reasons. I began attacking him for his circular reasoning for voting Tps yesterday.

                  Comment

                  • Tasselfoot
                    Retired BOSS
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 25185

                    #249
                    TasselFoot: Honestly? From everything I've seen on Omega on day 2 (just re-read what he said).... he's human.
                    afrobean16: how do you figure?
                    TasselFoot: he's the only person to defend TPS.... and I can see someone making the "TPS is going to die, I'm gonna vote for him." vote.... but neither from a wolf.
                    afrobean16: he wasn't defending him
                    TasselFoot: He was.
                    TasselFoot: earlier in the day
                    afrobean16: he was saying "he's human, but I wanna kill him anyway"
                    afrobean16: why would he suddenly vote for him for no reason then?
                    TasselFoot: I've thought about doing it from time to time.... there really isn't a reason for it.
                    TasselFoot: But, he was defending TPS earlier in the day.


                    I know blah is about to make a post attacking Guido and Chardish... I'll wait for that to come out before commenting. Either way, I think Omega is human.
                    RIP

                    Comment

                    • blahblah18
                      FFR Player
                      • Aug 2004
                      • 1662

                      #250
                      personally my strongest inclinations are with guido looking at the context of his posts, and conversations in AIM I've had with him. As he often says himself, its very hard for him to act nonchalantly while he's a red in a TWG, and its had that feel mostly so far. I've been farily quiet on the boards because tthere really hasn't been much to say, and everything's really just played out fairly swimmingly so far.

                      Chardish is definately acting really suspicious and the fact that he seems to not be reacting in any way whatsoever and letting it go over reminds me of a person trying to think of a correct thing to say and then wait for an opportune time to say it. I just see no justification for any of the comments he's made, as they've mostly been out of line and has since fallen to the backburner... Chardish oh Chardish, where art though Chardish.
                      but for now... postCount++

                      Comment

                      • Tasselfoot
                        Retired BOSS
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jul 2003
                        • 25185

                        #251
                        Well... that post certainly didn't live up to the hype. Regardless, it does an adequite job of expressing my feelings as well.

                        ATM, Guido and Chardish are my top 2 choices.

                        I'd love to get some explanations from these two TWCers. I'd love to hear from ap too.
                        RIP

                        Comment

                        • JurseyRider734
                          lil j the bad b-word
                          • Aug 2003
                          • 7507

                          #252
                          I think ap said he had exams and he was getting drunk.

                          I've seen him online, though.

                          I don't know :<
                          Originally posted by Arch0wl
                          I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                          Originally posted by Afrobean
                          Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                          the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                          Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                          Comment

                          • evilbutterfly
                            FFR Player
                            • Apr 2003
                            • 5784

                            #253
                            haha, neither of us vote Day 1, we both move off of TPS and onto Omega days 2 and 3. I swear, Chris, stop thinking like me!! D=<

                            Anywho, wasn't Chardish the one that tried to get us to not insta Hans day 1? With Hans pretty much proven wolf (unless Kilga was a wolf somehow...), I don't see why more attention has been given to that. In fact, I don't think I've heard anybody mention that at all other than right after it happened. I don't know Chardish enough to get anything from that...maybe he really hates instas? I dunno, you tell me.
                            So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                            In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                            So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                            And I write the blog for their website.

                            Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                            Comment

                            • talisman
                              Resident Penguin
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • May 2003
                              • 4598

                              #254
                              well I think it had something to do with him really wanting to make sure the bookie got his vigi.

                              Comment

                              • Afrobean
                                Admiral in the Red Army
                                • Dec 2003
                                • 13262

                                #255
                                Yea, the plan was to keep hans alive so that the bookie could bet that hans would get the lynch the next day. Then, the bookie could come out and no fake bookie would be able to challenge them, because if they did, the real bookie would just use the vigi on the fake one and prove their humanity in the process. This plan became obsolete, however, when it was decided that Kilga would lead the alliance. Then Kilga died, and Tass came out and picked up where Kilga left off.

                                Comment

                                Working...