TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Humans Win)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • aperson
    FFR Hall of Fame
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jul 2003
    • 3434

    #16
    RE: TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Night 1)

    No, he's saying that if the morph is to transfer roles at night... say, A chose 4 names and B was selected, a human. But A gets wolfed that night. Does A die before or after the morph is transferred?

    Comment

    • talisman
      Resident Penguin
      FFR Simfile Author
      • May 2003
      • 4598

      #17
      RE: TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Night 1)

      either tass's or ap's plan seems decent, I was going to propose something similar to ap's but it would be redundant now. The only thing I have to add to the existing plan is that the new morph once in contact with the old morph should try to eliminate people as wolves by picking the same people again (with the addition of one different person, obviously). For example if the morph picks A,B,C, and D, and B is selected and is human (becoming the new morph) then B should pick A,C,D, and E. (next picks whatever 3 were left over etc until it ends).

      About the kill: interesting. Either torlock gave a vibe to one of the wolves if he talked to one on aim as tps said (anyone else besides tps contact him? I haven't talked to anyone about twg yet... probably ought to get rid of my away message.) or the wolves were going for the general confusion factor. If the latter is the case I have a small inkling about who might have done it, but it's too early for accusations.

      edit: wow I need to type faster... tps' first post was the last one in the thread when I started this o_O

      Comment

      • Tasselfoot
        Retired BOSS
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2003
        • 25185

        #18
        RE: TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Night 1)

        Talisman... I don't think there is any statistical reasoning to do ABCD then ACDE... its the same as doing any other grouping of 4 unknowns. PLUS, if people KNOW they are going to be apart of the next 4, it could change the way they act. Especially if one of the 4 is a wolf.

        So... people now agree my plan is good. All we need now is for the morph or ex-morph to come out. Unless it was Torlock. In which case he should be banned forever for sheer stupidity.
        RIP

        Comment

        • FishFishRevolution
          GotR Creator
          • Nov 2003
          • 7251

          #19
          Re: RE: TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Night 1)

          Originally posted by aperson
          No, he's saying that if the morph is to transfer roles at night... say, A chose 4 names and B was selected, a human. But A gets wolfed that night. Does A die before or after the morph is transferred?
          The morph is killed before his powers are transfered.

          Comment

          • talisman
            Resident Penguin
            FFR Simfile Author
            • May 2003
            • 4598

            #20
            RE: Re: RE: TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Night 1)

            tass I thought it over and I think you're right. Statistically it still would be the same. Although that bit about people knowing wouldn't be true since it's not like the morphs would post who they were picking. Essentially, if your plan works out we'll basically be working through the first morph the whole game with the guardian protecting him. The alliance will spiral out from him.

            edit: to build on that last point since tass didn't make it terribly clear in his post... new morphs should NOT come out on the forums nor to who they picked, they should make the first one do that until either the first one is killed or the morph role ends. otherwise there will be too many people to guard.

            Comment

            • GuidoHunter
              is against custom titles
              • Oct 2003
              • 7371

              #21
              RE: Re: RE: TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Night 1)

              AIM chat: TWGXXI

              --Guido


              Originally posted by Grandiagod
              Originally posted by Grandiagod
              She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
              Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

              Comment

              • Tasselfoot
                Retired BOSS
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jul 2003
                • 25185

                #22
                RE: Re: RE: TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Night 1)

                They wouldn't post who they were picking, but they will be contacting some, if not all, of the 4 who they looked at... so they know who they are.


                That isn't true, because the morph will change hands... it will pass through multiple morphs, until they hit a wolf and it ends.
                RIP

                Comment

                • talisman
                  Resident Penguin
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • May 2003
                  • 4598

                  #23
                  RE: Re: RE: TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Night 1)

                  read my edit. I think that's a stronger way to work.

                  Comment

                  • Kilgamayan
                    Super Scooter Happy
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Feb 2003
                    • 6583

                    #24
                    RE: Re: RE: TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Night 1)

                    I'm the morph.

                    Well, was. Saw a red, power's gone now.

                    I'm sorry you can't seem to get out of round 1, Hans. I really am. =\
                    I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                    Comment

                    • aperson
                      FFR Hall of Fame
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jul 2003
                      • 3434

                      #25
                      RE: Re: RE: TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Night 1)

                      Hans

                      No reason to delay this. Of course, if Kilga is lying then the real morph should speak the fuck up really fast.

                      Comment

                      • GuidoHunter
                        is against custom titles
                        • Oct 2003
                        • 7371

                        #26
                        RE: Re: RE: TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Night 1)

                        ap said it before I could. If the real morph comes out and we lynch Hans, we're banking on Kilga (a wolf if he's not the former morph) being a human for the rest of the game.

                        --Guido


                        Originally posted by Grandiagod
                        Originally posted by Grandiagod
                        She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                        Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                        Comment

                        • Tps222
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2004
                          • 6169

                          #27
                          RE: Re: RE: TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Night 1)

                          Well, I have church. I going to trust Kilga on this one. Be back later on updates. Hans

                          Comment

                          • Omeganitros
                            auauauau
                            • Jun 2003
                            • 8897

                            #28
                            RE: Re: RE: TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Night 1)

                            What the..



                            Woah. When I posted in the sign up thread, I was upset because I thought I had missed the signups. I made it in? Woah.

                            *Ahem*





                            "It's a shame there's not a better way to solve this problem. Why it, reminds me of The Crucible by Arthur Miller." Dr. McCoy couldn't help but chuckle at the similarity. "Of course, this time we know there's real witches about..." Beast dropped down from the ceiling and landed on all fours. In a sudden change of mood, he gazed sympathetically at the accused Nightcrawler.
                            "I am sorry, friend. Please forgive us if we are wrong."

                            Comment

                            • Tasselfoot
                              Retired BOSS
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jul 2003
                              • 25185

                              #29
                              RE: Re: RE: TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Night 1)

                              OK... Ideas from the chat:

                              Chardish suggested a corollary to my vigilante strategy that involves the Bookie.... when the time comes that the bookie correctly bets and has the OPTION of killing someone the next night, he comes out. Instant human for the same reason the vigilante was. If someone else comes out, the real bookie kills the fake bookie and the one left standing is the true blue.

                              So, with this... the other blues should hold off from contacting the bookie until the next day, to guarentee they have the right one and not a fake bookie coming out first. Then again, if a fake bookie comes out first, the real one just has to say "I'm the real one!" and then they will both be alive the next day... unless the real one gets wolfed, in which case everyone will know he was wolfed and the fake one gets lynched. So... foolproof way to get the blues together.

                              Now, with that... people were suggesting waiting to kill Hans until day 2 so that the bookie could bet on it... and, after thinking about it, I agree with the idea. Bear with me... getting the guardian, psychic, and bookie together is POWERFUL. I think waiting a day to kill a known wolf in exchange for the 3 blues in an alliance on day 3 is worth the sacrifice on day 1.

                              Comments?
                              RIP

                              Comment

                              • Omeganitros
                                auauauau
                                • Jun 2003
                                • 8897

                                #30
                                RE: Re: RE: TWG XXI: X-Men Lockdown (Night 1)

                                His ears perked up at Havok's idea. The doctor's bright mood returned. "A superb suggestion, Havok! I wonder what else can be done to help us..." The Beast started walking to his room to think more on the subject. "By the way," he said as he stepped into his room, "I wonder where Shadowcat is. I haven't seen her for quite a while." And with that, he closed the door and started reviewing everything said today.

                                Comment

                                Working...