TWG CLXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MixMasterLar
    Beach Bum Extraordinaire
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2006
    • 5403

    #241
    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

    Also all I said was I was going to pick between inactives.


    When the fuck did that turn into "Lynch Pearl"

    It smells of ulterior motives if you ask me, and while Charu first mentioned anti pearl, it's InD's vote that smells the worst
    ​

    Comment

    • Precarious
      Unacceptable
      • Mar 2014
      • 208

      #242
      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
      I thought about mass claiming while at work yesterday but since we can't tell what roles are possible that only benefits wolves.

      I thought about just claiming if you asked for a role or not. Wolves probably already have an idea since their roles are affected by how many of us ask to be blue so that information probably benefits town a little more---but in the event only 2 of us asked that straight up tells the wolves who's the strongest and who to kill so I don't really favor this plan either.

      I think if town ever does claim anything it's after some tangible effects happen.
      So unless I'm blind, no one has talked about this post much, and we really should. Because this is a dumbtell, right?

      Originally posted by FreezinIce
      During twilight and every night phase, you may also guess the total number of human blue roles and attempt to sabotage them. If you guess correctly, you will sabotage half of the human's blue roles, and you will steal one human blue role. If you guess within +-1, you will sabotage one blue role.
      MML seems to be advocating for stating claims, and doing so would be potentially catastrophic. Obviously the wolves themselves would be aware of their own powers--so the question is whether the dumbtell is genuine or calculated. Given that roundbox sort of alluded to the sabotage issue in his prisoner's dilemma post, and MML apparently rolled right through that, I'm inclined to believe it's genuine and therefore exculpatory. MML's follow-up post:

      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
      Didn't see that second Roundbox post. That's quite the padded post you got there.

      I think it's absolutely best if we keep mum on it for now, possibly for most of the game.
      Seems to be more or less in line with that mode of thinking; it seems to be kind of an "Oh, I see."

      ***

      Having said that, I also STRONGLY disagree with the idea of only announcing info given observable effects. Any blue roles expire at the end of each phase, and everyone can request a role/non-role again that same night. Thus, one's green or blue status is not fixed, and a roleclaim the next day doesn't make a player any more likely to be targeted in the future, since all roles are fluid.

      Therefore, anyone and everyone that has a role should absolutely claim what they did the next day--it provides information without enabling wolf sabotage (since the next set of requests would have already been made) or making the claimant a more likely target.

      Comment

      • DarkManticoreX2
        TWG Overlord
        • Apr 2005
        • 7355

        #243
        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

        Both you and indy have indirectly/directly presented an avenue to remove a player from the game not due to content or fact or rationale. You have both said the equivalent of “let’s lynch antiperal because he’ll be a no show. This feels like an attempt to powerwolf through a weak town player.

        What worries me more is that people think it might be a decent idea. If I read correctly we don’t get cardflips, so not knowing antipearl’s alignment when he dies gives us nothing and no one to blame on either side. It’s a waste of a day phase pursuing it and simple feels wolf driven.



        I like sytho because she felt similarly about your cagey “I’ll lynch anyone under 5 posts post”

        And I have all sorts of different feelings on sunfan right now, I like his current position on pearl, but that read could vacillate somewhat wildly as the game progresses depending on what pearl does or doesn’t do.
        AAA's = 800

        Originally posted by V
        Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

        Comment

        • Precarious
          Unacceptable
          • Mar 2014
          • 208

          #244
          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

          Actually, I can see how that could potentially backfire. I would say that, assuming they exist, investigations and informational abilities should absolutely be announced, roleblocks and/or protection announced if it seems relevant. Passive abilities would probably be more situational.

          Comment

          • Charu
            Snivy! Dohoho!
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2006
            • 6207

            #245
            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

            Originally posted by MixMasterLar
            Also all I said was I was going to pick between inactives.


            When the fuck did that turn into "Lynch Pearl"

            It smells of ulterior motives if you ask me, and while Charu first mentioned anti pearl, it's InD's vote that smells the worst
            I take full responsibilities for wanting this to happen. I don't trust their slot regardless of their alignment, and that's the absolute truth. Like right now, they have, once again, proven to me that they're not going to play again. They did though play seeing as how they're still in the game by sending SOMETHING to the host.


            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
            Had a very shiny nose
            And if you ever saw it
            You could even say it glows

            All of the other Snivies
            Used to laugh and call him names
            They never let poor Charu
            Join in any Snivy games

            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

            Comment

            • Charu
              Snivy! Dohoho!
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Mar 2006
              • 6207

              #246
              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

              Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
              And I have all sorts of different feelings on sunfan right now, I like his current position on pearl, but that read could vacillate somewhat wildly as the game progresses depending on what pearl does or doesn’t do.
              I can garuntee you one thing.

              If they do come out of hiding and actually play, it'll be, at most, one post, and the rest would be about lamenating about how they're being targeted as an inactive.

              Source: Read this game and look for Anti-Pearl's posts.


              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
              Had a very shiny nose
              And if you ever saw it
              You could even say it glows

              All of the other Snivies
              Used to laugh and call him names
              They never let poor Charu
              Join in any Snivy games

              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


              Originally posted by Vendetta21
              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

              Comment

              • Wayward Vagabond
                Confirmed Heartbreaker
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jul 2012
                • 5866

                #247
                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                Wouldn't it benefit the wolves more keeping antipearl around rather than just going for an easy d1 lynch? I was always under the assumption that trivial players are better to keep around because in later games a mislynch is harder to go by if you have solid towns remaining.

                Comment

                • Wayward Vagabond
                  Confirmed Heartbreaker
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jul 2012
                  • 5866

                  #248
                  Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                  Also hi rb thank u for noticing me ^~^

                  Comment

                  • Wayward Vagabond
                    Confirmed Heartbreaker
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jul 2012
                    • 5866

                    #249
                    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                    mml suck on that nerds

                    Comment

                    • Charu
                      Snivy! Dohoho!
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 6207

                      #250
                      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                      Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                      Wouldn't it benefit the wolves more keeping antipearl around rather than just going for an easy d1 lynch? I was always under the assumption that trivial players are better to keep around because in later games a mislynch is harder to go by if you have solid towns remaining.
                      In most situations, yeah. In this game, even more so, lol.


                      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                      Had a very shiny nose
                      And if you ever saw it
                      You could even say it glows

                      All of the other Snivies
                      Used to laugh and call him names
                      They never let poor Charu
                      Join in any Snivy games

                      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                      Originally posted by Vendetta21
                      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                      Comment

                      • Charu
                        Snivy! Dohoho!
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 6207

                        #251
                        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                        Oop, that was the wrong game


                        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                        Had a very shiny nose
                        And if you ever saw it
                        You could even say it glows

                        All of the other Snivies
                        Used to laugh and call him names
                        They never let poor Charu
                        Join in any Snivy games

                        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                        Originally posted by Vendetta21
                        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                        Comment

                        • Charu
                          Snivy! Dohoho!
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 6207

                          #252
                          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                          It was definitely this one, promise!


                          Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                          Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                          Had a very shiny nose
                          And if you ever saw it
                          You could even say it glows

                          All of the other Snivies
                          Used to laugh and call him names
                          They never let poor Charu
                          Join in any Snivy games

                          (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                          Comment

                          • Syhto
                            BuMP it
                            • Mar 2006
                            • 2466

                            #253
                            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                            Yeah, I am not comfortable with this anti-anti-pearl continuation from previous games. If he is going to get in trouble for lack of posts, I say let that happen and play out as it will. It is way too easy for the wolves to off anti-pearl with no need to worry about flips showing any association with one another.

                            Sure, inactivity has been an issue recently with a number of players. But eh, I would rather read based on what is actually happening than to eliminate those who aren't up to par with participation. At this point. I only ever used to play games with no cardflips... so this is pretty normal to me. One of the reasons I wanted to play.

                            Anyone who is jumping on anti-pearl I am pretty weary of. I agree with manti though, that sunfan could go either way.
                            Originally posted by ~jrodd
                            keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
                            Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
                            I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

                            Comment

                            • Charu
                              Snivy! Dohoho!
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 6207

                              #254
                              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                              Originally posted by Syhto
                              Yeah, I am not comfortable with this anti-anti-pearl continuation from previous games. If he is going to get in trouble for lack of posts, I say let that happen and play out as it will. It is way too easy for the wolves to off anti-pearl with no need to worry about flips showing any association with one another.
                              Didn't you literally use Anti-Pearl's inactivity to use as a means to win the game I linked, lol?


                              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                              Had a very shiny nose
                              And if you ever saw it
                              You could even say it glows

                              All of the other Snivies
                              Used to laugh and call him names
                              They never let poor Charu
                              Join in any Snivy games

                              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                              Comment

                              • Syhto
                                BuMP it
                                • Mar 2006
                                • 2466

                                #255
                                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                                Originally posted by Charu
                                Didn't you literally use Anti-Pearl's inactivity to use as a means to win the game I linked, lol?
                                Yes, lmao
                                Originally posted by ~jrodd
                                keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
                                Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
                                I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

                                Comment

                                Working...