TWG CLXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • roundbox
    fhqwhgads
    • Feb 2005
    • 2086

    #151
    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

    Inactive lynches are better early than later, gotta go big or go home later in the game
    But nah, I'm not into lynching that slot quite yet because we don't get nearly as much information as other games considering cardlips are off. If they're a wolf, we'd only discover by a psychic ability and even then it probably wouldn't tell us shit
    Originally posted by the sun fan
    I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



    Comment

    • roundbox
      fhqwhgads
      • Feb 2005
      • 2086

      #152
      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

      Either way, the prisoner's dilemma goes something like this:

      Two prisoners are brought in for a crime they committed together. They're taken to separate cells and questioned individually. For fun, let's call them prisoner Apple and prisoner Banana.
      The cop on their case tells them that they have two options: they can confess or keep quiet. If both Apple and Banana confess, they'll both serve 5 years. If Apple confesses but Banana keeps quiet, Apple will serve 2 years and Banana will serve 15 years (and vice versa). If they both stay quiet, they serve 10 years.

      What decision is the best? Sell out your partner and get less time if they keep quiet? Is it worth risking 10 years to stay true to your teammate, or do you lack trust?

      This relates to taking the power at night vs not taking it. Are you confident enough in your own abilities to make whatever power you get work best for you? Or do you think too many people will take the option of potentially selling out their teammates if too many take it?

      I think this is an internal decision; too much open planning benefits the wolves since they can sabotage us with some pretty easy accuracy (especially later in the game, holy fuck).
      I'm open for discussion on this since this is better quashed earlier than later.
      Originally posted by the sun fan
      I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



      Comment

      • MixMasterLar
        Beach Bum Extraordinaire
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Aug 2006
        • 5401

        #153
        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

        Originally posted by Charu
        Also, no one said you overreacted? I think Shyto did though, but I didn't think it strange, I just thought it was funny because of her viewpoint (which is right)
        Was in response to Raeko
        Originally posted by mellon_collie
        to me it looks like lar kinda overreacted but i don't think that really means anything
        Originally posted by roundbox
        This game is a great time to talk about the prisoner's dilemma in regards to the greed element
        I thought about mass claiming while at work yesterday but since we can't tell what roles are possible that only benefits wolves.

        I thought about just claiming if you asked for a role or not. Wolves probably already have an idea since their roles are affected by how many of us ask to be blue so that information probably benefits town a little more---but in the event only 2 of us asked that straight up tells the wolves who's the strongest and who to kill so I don't really favor this plan either.

        I think if town ever does claim anything it's after some tangible effects happen.
        Originally posted by roundbox
        Inactive lynches are better early than later, gotta go big or go home later in the game
        But nah, I'm not into lynching that slot quite yet because we don't get nearly as much information as other games considering cardlips are off. If they're a wolf, we'd only discover by a psychic ability and even then it probably wouldn't tell us shit
        Agree with the first sentence, don't really agree with the "no information" excuse people use. If we have to kill off inactives better to do it in a phase where nothing matters anyway. There are no cardflips so we basically can't get info until shit starts going down anyway.

        Then again if it's -only- anti-pearl who proves to not be playing and we got a good sense on a better lynch then anti can be dealt with another time. I get to EoD and see 1/3rd of the board not playing I'm just going to assume it's best to choose from them for d0.
        ​

        Comment

        • MixMasterLar
          Beach Bum Extraordinaire
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Aug 2006
          • 5401

          #154
          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

          Didn't see that second Roundbox post. That's quite the padded post you got there.

          I think it's absolutely best if we keep mum on it for now, possibly for most of the game.
          ​

          Comment

          • Charu
            Snivy! Dohoho!
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2006
            • 6207

            #155
            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

            I don't get what you're asking.

            Are you asking how we're going to approach night actions or discussions of night actions?

            I say if nothing at all happens within the night and it's just the standard of one of us humans dying, then I say no one should really say anything unless they truly believe they have something that's of importance to the game. However, if something does happen, like multiple kills and the like, absolutely, everyone should come clean that's relevant to the information provided.


            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
            Had a very shiny nose
            And if you ever saw it
            You could even say it glows

            All of the other Snivies
            Used to laugh and call him names
            They never let poor Charu
            Join in any Snivy games

            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

            Comment

            • Charu
              Snivy! Dohoho!
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Mar 2006
              • 6207

              #156
              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

              @roundbox


              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
              Had a very shiny nose
              And if you ever saw it
              You could even say it glows

              All of the other Snivies
              Used to laugh and call him names
              They never let poor Charu
              Join in any Snivy games

              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


              Originally posted by Vendetta21
              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

              Comment

              • roundbox
                fhqwhgads
                • Feb 2005
                • 2086

                #157
                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                I'm asking if people think my point on not being open with choosing a role should be our approach or if we should do something else
                Originally posted by the sun fan
                I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                Comment

                • Charu
                  Snivy! Dohoho!
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Mar 2006
                  • 6207

                  #158
                  Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                  Originally posted by roundbox
                  I'm asking if people think my point on not being open with choosing a role should be our approach or if we should do something else
                  Ah, I see.

                  Well then if people are open about it, then the wolves would have a much better time at micro managing whatever they got.

                  As in, they may not know who got what, but they can do whatever is necessary to prevent whatever that unknown factor is from actually happening.

                  I'm... neutral about it, leaning towards a no. I don't see how this would benefit us townies if we all knew who's doing what. I mean, at that point, might as well have everyone saying they requested something, yeah?


                  Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                  Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                  Had a very shiny nose
                  And if you ever saw it
                  You could even say it glows

                  All of the other Snivies
                  Used to laugh and call him names
                  They never let poor Charu
                  Join in any Snivy games

                  (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                  Originally posted by Vendetta21
                  All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                  Comment

                  • mellon_collie
                    FFR Player
                    • May 2017
                    • 156

                    #159
                    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                    I agree with Charu. I don't see much point in talking about it and it would give more strategic info to the wolves. Unless some crazy shit happens, then people can disclose their roles/actions as they see fit.

                    Basically the same as any other game

                    Comment

                    • mellon_collie
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2017
                      • 156

                      #160
                      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                      and, ninja'd by another Charu post but I agree with that one too lol

                      Comment

                      • inDheart
                        Picker @ JAX2
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Aug 2011
                        • 505

                        #161
                        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                        zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

                        i'm fine with lynching pearl if they don't come post bc that's just what you do in an unfamiliar environ, how else are you going to learn it

                        CARDLIPS

                        my laptop is busted atm btw sry for no quotes

                        i do not think this game is directly analogous to a dilemma scenario because both the specific consequences and thresholds for them being reached are unknown, but disclosing that you went for a role just tells wolves what to do

                        like it could townfirm people but then there's no guarantee that those people actually get their actions to fire after they claim. agree with roundbox then

                        it's a little weird to me that this discussion happened but i guess it makes sense to re-litigate in flipless?

                        Comment

                        • inDheart
                          Picker @ JAX2
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Aug 2011
                          • 505

                          #162
                          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                          raeko town maybe
                          charu town maybe but slightly less confident

                          Comment

                          • Charu
                            Snivy! Dohoho!
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Mar 2006
                            • 6207

                            #163
                            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                            I just thought about it some more and a thought popped up saying "the wolves could do the same thing and get away with it."

                            Like they could say they requested a role, then do something, and then go "LOL, OOPS, I DUN GOOF'D!!!" if something besides the normal happens in the night.

                            Yeah, now I'm just flat-out no.


                            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                            Had a very shiny nose
                            And if you ever saw it
                            You could even say it glows

                            All of the other Snivies
                            Used to laugh and call him names
                            They never let poor Charu
                            Join in any Snivy games

                            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                            Originally posted by Vendetta21
                            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                            Comment

                            • inDheart
                              Picker @ JAX2
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2011
                              • 505

                              #164
                              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                              Originally posted by Charu
                              I just thought about it some more and a thought popped up saying "the wolves could do the same thing and get away with it."

                              Like they could say they requested a role, then do something, and then go "LOL, OOPS, I DUN GOOF'D!!!" if something besides the normal happens in the night.

                              Yeah, now I'm just flat-out no.
                              yup

                              something something mechanics alone are not clearing

                              Comment

                              • roundbox
                                fhqwhgads
                                • Feb 2005
                                • 2086

                                #165
                                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                                I agree that it is not analogous, but it's of a similar concept of risk/reward with not only power potency but wolfamagoo sabotage

                                Why did you think the discussion was weird?
                                Originally posted by the sun fan
                                I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                                Comment

                                Working...