TWG CLXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MixMasterLar
    Beach Bum Extraordinaire
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2006
    • 5403

    #256
    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

    Originally posted by Precarious
    So unless I'm blind, no one has talked about this post much, and we really should. Because this is a dumbtell, right?



    MML seems to be advocating for stating claims, and doing so would be potentially catastrophic. Obviously the wolves themselves would be aware of their own powers--so the question is whether the dumbtell is genuine or calculated. Given that roundbox sort of alluded to the sabotage issue in his prisoner's dilemma post, and MML apparently rolled right through that, I'm inclined to believe it's genuine and therefore exculpatory. MML's follow-up post:



    Seems to be more or less in line with that mode of thinking; it seems to be kind of an "Oh, I see."

    ***

    Having said that, I also STRONGLY disagree with the idea of only announcing info given observable effects. Any blue roles expire at the end of each phase, and everyone can request a role/non-role again that same night. Thus, one's green or blue status is not fixed, and a roleclaim the next day doesn't make a player any more likely to be targeted in the future, since all roles are fluid.

    Therefore, anyone and everyone that has a role should absolutely claim what they did the next day--it provides information without enabling wolf sabotage (since the next set of requests would have already been made) or making the claimant a more likely target.
    What part of that is a dumbtell?
    What the fuck are you going on about?
    I'm against claiming btw since that looks to be in question.

    Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
    Both you and indy have indirectly/directly presented an avenue to remove a player from the game not due to content or fact or rationale. You have both said the equivalent of “let’s lynch antiperal because he’ll be a no show. This feels like an attempt to powerwolf through a weak town player.

    What worries me more is that people think it might be a decent idea. If I read correctly we don’t get cardflips, so not knowing antipearl’s alignment when he dies gives us nothing and no one to blame on either side. It’s a waste of a day phase pursuing it and simple feels wolf driven.



    I like sytho because she felt similarly about your cagey “I’ll lynch anyone under 5 posts post”

    And I have all sorts of different feelings on sunfan right now, I like his current position on pearl, but that read could vacillate somewhat wildly as the game progresses depending on what pearl does or doesn’t do.
    This is a lot more then I expected and I like it.

    You 're wrong tho.

    Originally posted by Syhto
    Yeah, I am not comfortable with this anti-anti-pearl continuation from previous games. If he is going to get in trouble for lack of posts, I say let that happen and play out as it will. It is way too easy for the wolves to off anti-pearl with no need to worry about flips showing any association with one another.

    Sure, inactivity has been an issue recently with a number of players. But eh, I would rather read based on what is actually happening than to eliminate those who aren't up to par with participation. At this point. I only ever used to play games with no cardflips... so this is pretty normal to me. One of the reasons I wanted to play.

    Anyone who is jumping on anti-pearl I am pretty weary of. I agree with manti though, that sunfan could go either way.

    I fucking refuse to get to final five with 4 inactives
    ​

    Comment

    • MixMasterLar
      Beach Bum Extraordinaire
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2006
      • 5403

      #257
      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

      Everyone with that "let the host replace them" shit:

      GAME TOOK FOREVER TO FILL THERE ARE LIKELY NO REPLACEMENTS READY YET THIS IS SUCH A BAD POINT TO ANGLE SHOOT WITH
      ​

      Comment

      • MixMasterLar
        Beach Bum Extraordinaire
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Aug 2006
        • 5403

        #258
        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

        Will be back before eod
        ​

        Comment

        • the sun fan
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2017
          • 658

          #259
          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
          Everyone with that "let the host replace them" shit:

          GAME TOOK FOREVER TO FILL THERE ARE LIKELY NO REPLACEMENTS READY YET THIS IS SUCH A BAD POINT TO ANGLE SHOOT WITH
          oh man this one is worth 2 bingo spaces
          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

          Comment

          • Syhto
            BuMP it
            • Mar 2006
            • 2466

            #260
            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

            Yeah... I mean I don't disagree that it is fucking ridiculous that anti-pearl is so inactive. But 1 the host allowed it, fully aware it had been a problem. 2 you cant deny that now may not be the best time to get rid of them, when it is possible still there could be a sub. You don't know that he won't be replaced. And we don't know if he won't show up yet still either...

            They do know the game is on though right? Who else is super inactive atm? What is with the 4 inactives bit?
            Originally posted by ~jrodd
            keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
            Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
            I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

            Comment

            • DaBackpack
              ~ お ま ん こ ~
              • Mar 2014
              • 918

              #261
              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

              Originally posted by Syhto
              mixmasterlar

              You are being pretty forward, trying to start posting before day phase even began, bringing up inactivity quickly and making calls about it. It may just be that you are eager to play, but, to me you seem a bit jumpy and it makes you seem more like a wolf than anyone else currently.
              This is the first serious read in this game, and actually happened in the middle of the shitposting phase. Who's actually the eager one here?

              it's an easy enough thing to notice and "put a read to" in order to seem ahead of the curve but it's a nothing-read


              Originally posted by Moogy
              no one cares
              Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
              there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
              that's kind of a sad statistic

              Comment

              • inDheart
                Picker @ JAX2
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Aug 2011
                • 505

                #262
                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                Originally posted by roundbox
                people not being mongoloids and openly strategizing whether they'll take the power or not? why wait for it to happen and then scream at the person for doing it?

                I swear people will never agree with me on any sort of strategy in a mystery game ever
                it's an inevitability at this point
                wait am i screwin it up

                if you're saying "don't openly strategize" then i agree with you and we're on the same page

                i'm just like, ??? at how divorced not openly strategizing is from what we do in other games, but i see further down you're talking about the selection thing, i think, rather than actually using powers

                so ok that's something. i think it's like, similar in that it just paints a target on you for the following night when said power would be active

                Comment

                • DaBackpack
                  ~ お ま ん こ ~
                  • Mar 2014
                  • 918

                  #263
                  Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                  Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                  The notion that wolves are "jumpy" day 1 on this site is so laughably wrong.
                  got em


                  Originally posted by Moogy
                  no one cares
                  Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                  there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                  that's kind of a sad statistic

                  Comment

                  • Charu
                    Snivy! Dohoho!
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 6207

                    #264
                    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                    Originally posted by Syhto
                    They do know the game is on though right?
                    They must've since, as stated, they're very much still in the game and not replaced as per stated by the host message in twilight.


                    Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                    Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                    Had a very shiny nose
                    And if you ever saw it
                    You could even say it glows

                    All of the other Snivies
                    Used to laugh and call him names
                    They never let poor Charu
                    Join in any Snivy games

                    (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                    Originally posted by Vendetta21
                    All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                    Comment

                    • inDheart
                      Picker @ JAX2
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2011
                      • 505

                      #265
                      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                      Originally posted by roundbox
                      it's different in the fact that people can opt to receive a power or not

                      the only diminishing returns that are possible asking for more powers are:
                      1) weaker powers in large quantities
                      2) if wolves guess number of roles within 1, half of the roles get sabotaged

                      I would say that this is different than "what we do every game" easily
                      not to mention most people shot it down and defaulted to the "what we do every game" mindset
                      like, if you're arriving at "it's a personal decision and so we shouldn't talk about which end of it we're on publicly", that's what i'm thinking of as ~every game

                      people who are PRs in a conventional game don't want to show it abundantly so they can get mileage. it's still hidden info type stuff

                      Comment

                      • DaBackpack
                        ~ お ま ん こ ~
                        • Mar 2014
                        • 918

                        #266
                        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                        Originally posted by Syhto
                        Oh. I havent played with you guys a lot, so please pardon my "fucking wrong", "stupid contrived" reasons for voting for you half way through the first day phase. Thanks for the reaction though, good insight.
                        Originally posted by Syhto
                        Also, I'd rather try and start talking and voting for people now than just wagon on a random person at the last moment. That seems to not do so well, and would probably be better than you guys shooting the shit until it SUDDENLY ~gets tense~
                        has syhto ever played before?


                        Originally posted by Moogy
                        no one cares
                        Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                        there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                        that's kind of a sad statistic

                        Comment

                        • DaBackpack
                          ~ お ま ん こ ~
                          • Mar 2014
                          • 918

                          #267
                          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                          Good luck with that. Nothing's happened yet except you 're tryharding. Which I mean it seems by your reasoning would make you a wolf but I don't think That's a solid enough action to vote someone seriously halfway through D0
                          lar's town


                          Originally posted by Moogy
                          no one cares
                          Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                          there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                          that's kind of a sad statistic

                          Comment

                          • Wayward Vagabond
                            Confirmed Heartbreaker
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jul 2012
                            • 5866

                            #268
                            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                            Syhto rolled wolf two times in a row iirc

                            Comment

                            • DaBackpack
                              ~ お ま ん こ ~
                              • Mar 2014
                              • 918

                              #269
                              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                              Originally posted by the sun fan
                              to be fair, some wolves are jumpy
                              what is the point of this post sunfan?


                              Originally posted by Moogy
                              no one cares
                              Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                              there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                              that's kind of a sad statistic

                              Comment

                              • inDheart
                                Picker @ JAX2
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2011
                                • 505

                                #270
                                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                                Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                                Also all I said was I was going to pick between inactives.


                                When the fuck did that turn into "Lynch Pearl"

                                It smells of ulterior motives if you ask me, and while Charu first mentioned anti pearl, it's InD's vote that smells the worst
                                i think you answered your own question to manti there

                                Comment

                                Working...