TWG CLXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • inDheart
    Picker @ JAX2
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2011
    • 505

    #271
    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

    Originally posted by Precarious
    So unless I'm blind, no one has talked about this post much, and we really should. Because this is a dumbtell, right?
    i feel like i have somehow never read that post before

    sorry roundbox, pretty sure that'd be what you're responding to

    Comment

    • Precarious
      Unacceptable
      • Mar 2014
      • 208

      #272
      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
      What part of that is a dumbtell?
      What the fuck are you going on about?
      I'm against claiming btw since that looks to be in question.
      Quoting the relevant post again:

      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
      I thought about just claiming if you asked for a role or not.
      I read this as, "rather than roleclaiming, we could just say if we requested a role."

      Wolves probably already have an idea since their roles are affected by how many of us ask to be blue so that information probably benefits town a little more---but in the event only 2 of us asked that straight up tells the wolves who's the strongest and who to kill so I don't really favor this plan either.
      Your reasoning, apparently, is that wolves can probably approximate our blue roles by their status. It's true that the number of town blues affects wolf blue powers, and vice versa. But there's absolutely no indicator of how that works--and that's a good thing for us, because your plan ignores the fact that the wolves can sabotage our roles and even steal one if they guess the number of claimants correctly.

      You do, ultimately, decide that your bad idea is in fact a bad idea, but for an unrelated reason.

      -but in the event only 2 of us asked that straight up tells the wolves who's the strongest and who to kill so I don't really favor this plan either.
      Basically, you dismissed the idea because if it happens that very few people requested a role, then the wolves would be able to target one of a small number of blues. At no point do you intimate any awareness that informing the wolves of our numbers would enable them to use their guessing power accurately.

      Thus, your idea--even if dismissed for unrelated reasons--ignores the very obvious structural reason that it would be catastrophic. Hence the dumbtell--the wolves would be aware of what they can do, and how they'd benefit from that strategy. Your subsequent post:

      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
      Didn't see that second Roundbox post. That's quite the padded post you got there.

      I think it's absolutely best if we keep mum on it for now, possibly for most of the game.
      Seems to confirm my interpretation. I basically read the above as:

      "I didn't see roundbox's post before. Now that I've read it"--and note that roundbox's post alludes to the possibility of the wolf sabotage--"it's best to keep quiet on those discussions."

      Comment

      • DaBackpack
        ~ お ま ん こ ~
        • Mar 2014
        • 918

        #273
        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

        also re: current discussion I think in a completely open game like this it's better to lynch inactives early game because they are an especially big liability later on

        stares threateningly at inactives / lowposters


        Originally posted by Moogy
        no one cares
        Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
        there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
        that's kind of a sad statistic

        Comment

        • Syhto
          BuMP it
          • Mar 2006
          • 2466

          #274
          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

          Originally posted by DaBackpack
          This is the first serious read in this game, and actually happened in the middle of the shitposting phase. Who's actually the eager one here?

          it's an easy enough thing to notice and "put a read to" in order to seem ahead of the curve but it's a nothing-read
          Excuse my candidness, if anything is fucking stupid, it is this "shitposting phase" that is so clung to here. What is the point of even having a d0 when all y'all seem to do is complain about not having anything to go on the whole time, and then give me crap for voicing my opinion to get something going?

          Please be aware, that was not a "serious" vote for mml. That was a vote to try and, yes, get the ball rolling and get a feel for the players here. I really don't care if you think the reasoning was unsound, as it was not an actual accusation. It was a move based on feeling, that I attempted to back up a little bit with words. Although it is mostly just feeling. And obvious, that this early on I can change my mind easily based on the reactions that occur.
          Originally posted by ~jrodd
          keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
          Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
          I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

          Comment

          • the sun fan
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2017
            • 658

            #275
            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

            Originally posted by DaBackpack
            what is the point of this post sunfan?
            that, in all fairness, some wolves are jumpy, which was syhto's point.
            its not the worst d0 accusation by any means
            TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

            FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

            Comment

            • Charu
              Snivy! Dohoho!
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Mar 2006
              • 6207

              #276
              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

              Originally posted by Syhto
              Excuse my candidness, if anything is fucking stupid, it is this "shitposting phase" that is so clung to here. What is the point of even having a d0 when all y'all seem to do is complain about not having anything to go on the whole time, and then give me crap for voicing my opinion to get something going?

              Please be aware, that was not a "serious" vote for mml. That was a vote to try and, yes, get the ball rolling and get a feel for the players here. I really don't care if you think the reasoning was unsound, as it was not an actual accusation. It was a move based on feeling, that I attempted to back up a little bit with words. Although it is mostly just feeling. And obvious, that this early on I can change my mind easily based on the reactions that occur.
              Feisty, dohoho


              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
              Had a very shiny nose
              And if you ever saw it
              You could even say it glows

              All of the other Snivies
              Used to laugh and call him names
              They never let poor Charu
              Join in any Snivy games

              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


              Originally posted by Vendetta21
              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

              Comment

              • DaBackpack
                ~ お ま ん こ ~
                • Mar 2014
                • 918

                #277
                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                Originally posted by the sun fan
                that, in all fairness, some wolves are jumpy, which was syhto's point.
                its not the worst d0 accusation by any means
                Originally posted by the sun fan
                just so I say something
                I know its early and I know its surface level but I like both Lar and Syhto

                ok goodbye whee
                that post and this post look like you're disarming the argument between the two


                Originally posted by Moogy
                no one cares
                Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                that's kind of a sad statistic

                Comment

                • the sun fan
                  FFR Player
                  • Mar 2017
                  • 658

                  #278
                  Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                  syhto is town
                  a town in a world where people speak a mutually intelligible language as her
                  TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                  FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                  Comment

                  • DaBackpack
                    ~ お ま ん こ ~
                    • Mar 2014
                    • 918

                    #279
                    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                    Originally posted by Hakulyte
                    I'm fine with Syhto/MML too unsurprisingly.
                    unsurprisingly?


                    Originally posted by Moogy
                    no one cares
                    Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                    there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                    that's kind of a sad statistic

                    Comment

                    • DaBackpack
                      ~ お ま ん こ ~
                      • Mar 2014
                      • 918

                      #280
                      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                      Originally posted by the sun fan
                      syhto is town
                      a town in a world where people speak a mutually intelligible language as her
                      was this something you decided before or after you intervened?


                      Originally posted by Moogy
                      no one cares
                      Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                      there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                      that's kind of a sad statistic

                      Comment

                      • the sun fan
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2017
                        • 658

                        #281
                        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                        Originally posted by DaBackpack
                        that post and this post look like you're disarming the argument between the two
                        it wasn't exactly the cold war, was it?
                        I feel like since syhto was writing poetry the argument had pretty much run its course.
                        TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                        FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                        Comment

                        • DaBackpack
                          ~ お ま ん こ ~
                          • Mar 2014
                          • 918

                          #282
                          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                          Originally posted by roundbox
                          Inactive lynches are better early than later, gotta go big or go home later in the game
                          But nah, I'm not into lynching that slot quite yet because we don't get nearly as much information as other games considering cardlips are off. If they're a wolf, we'd only discover by a psychic ability and even then it probably wouldn't tell us shit
                          are you keeping your options open wolfbox?


                          Originally posted by Moogy
                          no one cares
                          Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                          there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                          that's kind of a sad statistic

                          Comment

                          • the sun fan
                            FFR Player
                            • Mar 2017
                            • 658

                            #283
                            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                            Originally posted by DaBackpack
                            was this something you decided before or after you intervened?
                            ok this time I actually object to the form of the question for real

                            I didn't "intervene" the whole thing was over by the time I had really said anything
                            TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                            FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                            Comment

                            • DaBackpack
                              ~ お ま ん こ ~
                              • Mar 2014
                              • 918

                              #284
                              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                              Originally posted by the sun fan
                              ok this time I actually object to the form of the question for real

                              I didn't "intervene" the whole thing was over by the time I had really said anything
                              not true but I don't care

                              whatever word you like then, I'm just wondering when this most recent judgement of yours came in


                              Originally posted by Moogy
                              no one cares
                              Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                              there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                              that's kind of a sad statistic

                              Comment

                              • the sun fan
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2017
                                • 658

                                #285
                                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                was this something you decided before or after you intervened?
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                not true but I don't care

                                whatever word you like then, I'm just wondering when this most recent judgement of yours came in
                                it was something I decided just now when she made this post:

                                Originally posted by Syhto
                                Excuse my candidness, if anything is fucking stupid, it is this "shitposting phase" that is so clung to here. What is the point of even having a d0 when all y'all seem to do is complain about not having anything to go on the whole time, and then give me crap for voicing my opinion to get something going?

                                Please be aware, that was not a "serious" vote for mml. That was a vote to try and, yes, get the ball rolling and get a feel for the players here. I really don't care if you think the reasoning was unsound, as it was not an actual accusation. It was a move based on feeling, that I attempted to back up a little bit with words. Although it is mostly just feeling. And obvious, that this early on I can change my mind easily based on the reactions that occur.
                                TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                                FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                                Comment

                                Working...