TWG CLXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • the sun fan
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2017
    • 658

    #226
    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

    Originally posted by roundbox
    people not being mongoloids and openly strategizing whether they'll take the power or not? why wait for it to happen and then scream at the person for doing it?

    I swear people will never agree with me on any sort of strategy in a mystery game ever
    it's an inevitability at this point
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    ok

    yeah then its fine but don't tell me to fight you when I did what you asked????
    TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

    FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

    Comment

    • the sun fan
      FFR Player
      • Mar 2017
      • 658

      #227
      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

      Originally posted by roundbox
      on anti-pearl's end or other players' ends?
      I object to the form of the question.
      I'm not trying to be an ass here sorry.
      TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

      FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

      Comment

      • roundbox
        fhqwhgads
        • Feb 2005
        • 2086

        #228
        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

        Originally posted by inDheart
        because it just arrived at "what we do every game"

        also sry for what may be spamposting bc my laptop is f u c k e d
        it's different in the fact that people can opt to receive a power or not

        the only diminishing returns that are possible asking for more powers are:
        1) weaker powers in large quantities
        2) if wolves guess number of roles within 1, half of the roles get sabotaged

        I would say that this is different than "what we do every game" easily
        not to mention most people shot it down and defaulted to the "what we do every game" mindset
        Originally posted by the sun fan
        I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



        Comment

        • roundbox
          fhqwhgads
          • Feb 2005
          • 2086

          #229
          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

          Originally posted by the sun fan
          ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

          ok

          yeah then its fine but don't tell me to fight you when I did what you asked????
          I thought you didn't like my comparison of this to the prisoner's dilemma
          Originally posted by the sun fan
          I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



          Comment

          • roundbox
            fhqwhgads
            • Feb 2005
            • 2086

            #230
            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

            mmmmmmmmmwayward vagabond
            Originally posted by the sun fan
            I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



            Comment

            • DarkManticoreX2
              TWG Overlord
              • Apr 2005
              • 7355

              #231
              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

              Man coming back to only 3 additional pages is so amazing and awesome why did I ever complain about activity
              AAA's = 800

              Originally posted by V
              Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

              Comment

              • DarkManticoreX2
                TWG Overlord
                • Apr 2005
                • 7355

                #232
                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                Originally posted by Syhto
                mixmasterlar

                You are being pretty forward, trying to start posting before day phase even began, bringing up inactivity quickly and making calls about it. It may just be that you are eager to play, but, to me you seem a bit jumpy and it makes you seem more like a wolf than anyone else currently.
                This is a sexy read I mindmelded with.
                AAA's = 800

                Originally posted by V
                Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                Comment

                • Charu
                  Snivy! Dohoho!
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Mar 2006
                  • 6207

                  #233
                  Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                  Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                  Man coming back to only 3 additional pages is so amazing and awesome why did I ever complain about activity
                  Would you like me to step it up a notch!?


                  Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                  Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                  Had a very shiny nose
                  And if you ever saw it
                  You could even say it glows

                  All of the other Snivies
                  Used to laugh and call him names
                  They never let poor Charu
                  Join in any Snivy games

                  (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                  Originally posted by Vendetta21
                  All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                  Comment

                  • DarkManticoreX2
                    TWG Overlord
                    • Apr 2005
                    • 7355

                    #234
                    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                    Originally posted by the sun fan
                    stop withholding your vote on d0 you big nerd
                    what would Kareem Abdul Jabbar have to say, eh?

                    also that was silly size 1 text
                    Man I didn’t know Kareem Abdul jabbar wrote nike’s Slogan!
                    AAA's = 800

                    Originally posted by V
                    Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                    Comment

                    • DarkManticoreX2
                      TWG Overlord
                      • Apr 2005
                      • 7355

                      #235
                      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                      Originally posted by the sun fan
                      this is just really fast for writing off Pearl

                      not that I think that Pearl will come back or anything its just

                      I'm surprised that no one is fighting to give Pearl a chance I guess

                      I was surprised because normally I think you're one of the people to do that inD
                      I like sunfan because it’s super easy to ostracize an inactive and blow a whole day phase.

                      Do some real detective work birches.
                      AAA's = 800

                      Originally posted by V
                      Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                      Comment

                      • DarkManticoreX2
                        TWG Overlord
                        • Apr 2005
                        • 7355

                        #236
                        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                        Originally posted by Charu
                        Would you like me to step it up a notch!?
                        God NO.
                        AAA's = 800

                        Originally posted by V
                        Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                        Comment

                        • DarkManticoreX2
                          TWG Overlord
                          • Apr 2005
                          • 7355

                          #237
                          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                          Things Manti thinks currently

                          MML bad
                          Ind bad
                          Sunfan good or sunfan+pearl bad or sunfan wolf!defending town! Pearl for cred
                          Sytho good

                          That is all the things I think.
                          AAA's = 800

                          Originally posted by V
                          Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                          Comment

                          • Precarious
                            Unacceptable
                            • Mar 2014
                            • 208

                            #238
                            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                            Originally posted by roundbox
                            Either way, the prisoner's dilemma goes something like this:

                            Two prisoners are brought in for a crime they committed together. They're taken to separate cells and questioned individually. For fun, let's call them prisoner Apple and prisoner Banana.
                            The cop on their case tells them that they have two options: they can confess or keep quiet. If both Apple and Banana confess, they'll both serve 5 years. If Apple confesses but Banana keeps quiet, Apple will serve 2 years and Banana will serve 15 years (and vice versa). If they both stay quiet, they serve 10 years.

                            What decision is the best? Sell out your partner and get less time if they keep quiet? Is it worth risking 10 years to stay true to your teammate, or do you lack trust?

                            This relates to taking the power at night vs not taking it. Are you confident enough in your own abilities to make whatever power you get work best for you? Or do you think too many people will take the option of potentially selling out their teammates if too many take it?

                            I think this is an internal decision; too much open planning benefits the wolves since they can sabotage us with some pretty easy accuracy (especially later in the game, holy fuck).
                            I'm open for discussion on this since this is better quashed earlier than later.
                            Roundbox switched around a couple of the numbers, but I think everyone gets the gist of the prisoner's dilemma (or could look it up). The thing is, in the archetypal prisoner's dilemma, you know the stakes and potential outcomes. There are only two people, and the possible outcomes of talking/silence are easy to follow. Here, we have a whole host of players all operating independently, not all of whom are aligned. Not only is it impossible to predict who requests blue roles, but we don't have a # = effect chart as far as I know. Ultimately, I think this will have to be a “make your own decision” sort of thing.

                            That's particularly true since roundbox's conclusion is on point. Even in a normal game it can be difficult to plan anything publicly without allowing the wolves the potential to interfere; it's heightened with no card flips. But the wolves' guessing power pretty much rules out coordinating our greed. The logic and risks of discussion can be revisited each day—it's possible some future circumstance could incentivize group planning. I just have trouble imagining what that might be.

                            Comment

                            • Precarious
                              Unacceptable
                              • Mar 2014
                              • 208

                              #239
                              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                              Originally posted by Charu
                              I would say we should treat Anti-Pearls slot as a whatever slot and just lynch them, but that's me going too meta and ignoring that they're still in the game in the first place (they would've been replaced by now as per host statement in Twilight Phase).
                              If nothing has activated yet, then there's no mechanical restriction to Anti-Pearl not posting. That they haven't been replaced is odd.

                              Comment

                              • MixMasterLar
                                Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2006
                                • 5403

                                #240
                                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                                Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                                ok mml i see how it is
                                ♡

                                Originally posted by roundbox
                                What's wrong with discussing setup elements, lar? I'm confused why you have a negative oponion on me (not that I was expecting you to view me positively or null or w/e)
                                1 talk of the setup in mystery games mostly benefits wolves.

                                2 padded post that is unchararistic coming from someone who normally doesn't do a whole lot on d0 because there's no information. Also I see your plan as silly and frankly, beneath what I'd expect from you. SunFan says it much more politely then I could:
                                Originally posted by the sun fan
                                read the OP and tell me you think its a good idea given what we know the wolves can do

                                is what I would say if you didn't read the OP

                                but you read the OP

                                you know what the wolves can do

                                so why do you think talking about this kind of thing could ever have any benefit?
                                Yeah, so that.

                                Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                                This is a sexy read I mindmelded with.
                                You like uh, read my posts lover boy?
                                Because that was a pretty bad read with really bad reasoning that didn't hold up.

                                Feel like you 're being lazy here with your read on me.
                                Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                                Things Manti thinks currently

                                MML bad
                                Ind bad
                                Sunfan good or sunfan+pearl bad or sunfan wolf!defending town! Pearl for cred
                                Sytho good

                                That is all the things I think.
                                So why is,InD bad in your words? And what are you saying about SunFan? Actually just why any of this.
                                ​

                                Comment

                                Working...