TWG CLXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Syhto
    BuMP it
    • Mar 2006
    • 2466

    #331
    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

    Oh. Prec. I like him too right now.

    As for WV I see the reason for MML vote was something weird and I didn't like that answer.

    I'd be fine with voting for WV, MML or DBP currently.

    Haku is null to me because he hasn't posted much and I remember him being a little flighty last game I was in with him.. Hard to tell so far.
    Originally posted by ~jrodd
    keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
    Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
    I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

    Comment

    • inDheart
      Picker @ JAX2
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2011
      • 505

      #332
      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

      Originally posted by the sun fan
      whatever
      whomst

      Comment

      • Syhto
        BuMP it
        • Mar 2006
        • 2466

        #333
        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

        Originally posted by inDheart
        syhto, the dumbtell thing is like,
        -wolves have the power where they can guess a number to sabotage town roles
        -knowing this, mml would know that asking town to say whether they would take a power gives wolves the info they need to guess that number fairly accurately
        -therefore, he'd already know that's a bad idea and not to suggest it
        -but he appears to not know it. so could he put that thought out there as a wolf still, or does not reading just make him town?

        i don't think it's definitive, so if you already understood that and are just saying the same thing, ignore this
        Ah, I get it now. Okay, yeah, I don't buy that as a dumbtell in the slightest.
        Originally posted by ~jrodd
        keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
        Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
        I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

        Comment

        • the sun fan
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2017
          • 658

          #334
          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

          Originally posted by inDheart
          whomst
          my heart is not in it because my head is not in it or the other way around, idk which
          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

          Comment

          • Wayward Vagabond
            Confirmed Heartbreaker
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2012
            • 5866

            #335
            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

            Originally posted by Syhto
            Oh. Prec. I like him too right now.

            As for WV I see the reason for MML vote was something weird and I didn't like that answer.

            I'd be fine with voting for WV, MML or DBP currently.

            Haku is null to me because he hasn't posted much and I remember him being a little flighty last game I was in with him.. Hard to tell so far.
            How is a set up for a joke that never happened weird like tf

            Comment

            • MixMasterLar
              Beach Bum Extraordinaire
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2006
              • 5403

              #336
              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

              Originally posted by Precarious
              "I didn't see roundbox's post before. Now that I've read it"--and note that roundbox's post alludes to the possibility of the wolf sabotage--"it's best to keep quiet on those discussions."
              He ninja'd me while I was phone posting man but fucking sure

              Originally posted by Syhto
              Excuse my candidness, if anything is fucking stupid, it is this "shitposting phase" that is so clung to here. What is the point of even having a d0 when all y'all seem to do is complain about not having anything to go on the whole time, and then give me crap for voicing my opinion to get something going?

              Please be aware, that was not a "serious" vote for mml. That was a vote to try and, yes, get the ball rolling and get a feel for the players here. I really don't care if you think the reasoning was unsound, as it was not an actual accusation. It was a move based on feeling, that I attempted to back up a little bit with words. Although it is mostly just feeling. And obvious, that this early on I can change my mind easily based on the reactions that occur.
              I don't believe that for solid second.

              Originally posted by Precarious
              As far as Anti-Pearl is concerned, I don't think activity is necessarily a huge indicator of alignment by itself, but it's a player's actions that lets them be evaluated. If Pearl posts just enough to avoid replacement, they remain a cypher that continues on into the later game, with no evidence to make a case for or against them. It also raises a mechanical concern: if town, can they be counted on to vote? If scum, will they throw in a fatal vote when we're least expecting it?

              With most players, total inactivity to this point would be concerning, but possibly coincidental. Pearl has a history of this now.

              The thing is, that still doesn't necessarily mean they're the best choice of lynch. I feel like lynching the "most likely wolf" is a better option than a useless cypher--and FG's point about interactions is valid. Plus, assuming Pearl is truly inactive, zero posts today should allow for a replacement.

              But I'd be kind of okay with a Pearl lynch, albeit for slightly different reasons than Charu's essentially policy stance. Pearl may not be the best lynch, but they're probably the least worst lynch--right now, we have no expectation of contribution, and without flips they become even more dangerous as the game progresses.
              So do you like, need the thread to determine what it wants before you take a stance or what?

              Originally posted by Charu
              I
              WV is a whatever, don't have anything important to discuss. Vote on MML is pretty lame since it came after a vote from MML. Nothing to make of it besides, I guess, why the vote? That about it.
              I never voted?
              Like what the actual hell?

              Originally posted by Charu
              ...And that's why you're voting me?
              Time reads on d0 seem about right th

              Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
              Mml vote was a dumb vote and it was suppose to be the start of a joke that ended up not happening
              Where you planning on umvoting or you gonna leave it on me w/e having to answer for it?
              ​

              Comment

              • Syhto
                BuMP it
                • Mar 2006
                • 2466

                #337
                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                FG. I disagree with your reasoning for voting for Charu. He was requested more opinions and he gave them. I don't know about meta but that does not seem strange or some unheard of amount of effort to put into d0 for anybody. And yea. You are unconfident and indecisive and you are right. You have been that way in every game I have seen with you. It is making me kinda doubt you, because I feel I can never get a good read in for you.
                Originally posted by ~jrodd
                keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
                Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
                I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

                Comment

                • MixMasterLar
                  Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 5403

                  #338
                  Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                  Originally posted by inDheart
                  syhto, the dumbtell thing is like,
                  -wolves have the power where they can guess a number to sabotage town roles
                  -knowing this, mml would know that asking town to say whether they would take a power gives wolves the info they need to guess that number fairly accurately
                  -therefore, he'd already know that's a bad idea and not to suggest it
                  -but he appears to not know it. so could he put that thought out there as a wolf still, or does not reading just make him town?

                  i don't think it's definitive, so if you already understood that and are just saying the same thing, ignore this
                  So my dumbtell is me not knowing something

                  So the opposite of a wolf dumbtell

                  Oh ok yeah better vote Lar then too logical to not
                  ​

                  Comment

                  • Charu
                    Snivy! Dohoho!
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 6207

                    #339
                    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                    I never voted?
                    Like what the actual hell?
                    I phrased that wrong. It's supposed to be in regards that a vote was already on you when he made that vote, not that you made a vote yourself to wayward.


                    Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                    Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                    Had a very shiny nose
                    And if you ever saw it
                    You could even say it glows

                    All of the other Snivies
                    Used to laugh and call him names
                    They never let poor Charu
                    Join in any Snivy games

                    (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                    Originally posted by Vendetta21
                    All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                    Comment

                    • roundbox
                      fhqwhgads
                      • Feb 2005
                      • 2086

                      #340
                      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                      here are the following people that are ok with lynching anti-pearl:
                      charu
                      ind
                      haku
                      dabackpack (mentioned)
                      precarious ("kind of ok")


                      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                      Everyone with that "let the host replace them" shit:

                      GAME TOOK FOREVER TO FILL THERE ARE LIKELY NO REPLACEMENTS READY YET THIS IS SUCH A BAD POINT TO ANGLE SHOOT WITH
                      lar said this which is ???
                      this is probably getting too far into angleshooting territory, maybe not

                      regardless, the point of this post is to call out these 5 people and give me something objective as to why we should bank on an inactive than someone with a non-zero of interactions
                      Originally posted by the sun fan
                      I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                      Comment

                      • the sun fan
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2017
                        • 658

                        #341
                        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                        is eod in 5?
                        or is it in a bit over an hour?
                        TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                        FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                        Comment

                        • Charu
                          Snivy! Dohoho!
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 6207

                          #342
                          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                          Originally posted by roundbox
                          mmmmmmmmmwayward vagabond
                          Actually nevermind, I read that as MML for whatever reason, I'm just retarded.

                          Still, my read stands on Wayward for him doing something after that vote on him I guess.


                          Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                          Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                          Had a very shiny nose
                          And if you ever saw it
                          You could even say it glows

                          All of the other Snivies
                          Used to laugh and call him names
                          They never let poor Charu
                          Join in any Snivy games

                          (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                          Comment

                          • Charu
                            Snivy! Dohoho!
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Mar 2006
                            • 6207

                            #343
                            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                            Originally posted by the sun fan
                            is eod in 5?
                            or is it in a bit over an hour?
                            It's actually 1AM EST


                            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                            Had a very shiny nose
                            And if you ever saw it
                            You could even say it glows

                            All of the other Snivies
                            Used to laugh and call him names
                            They never let poor Charu
                            Join in any Snivy games

                            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                            Originally posted by Vendetta21
                            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                            Comment

                            • MixMasterLar
                              Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 5403

                              #344
                              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                              Originally posted by Charu
                              I phrased that wrong. It's supposed to be in regards that a vote was already on you when he made that vote, not that you made a vote yourself to wayward.
                              Gotcha, but I think that fact makes his vote look worse
                              ​

                              Comment

                              • MixMasterLar
                                Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2006
                                • 5403

                                #345
                                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                                Originally posted by roundbox




                                lar said this which is ???
                                this is probably getting too far into angleshooting territory, maybe not


                                I'm sorry but how is that too much of an angle shoot when people where defending him and inactivity with "but host would have replaced him!"

                                Double standard much?
                                ​

                                Comment

                                Working...