TWG CLXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • roundbox
    fhqwhgads
    • Feb 2005
    • 2086

    #286
    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

    Originally posted by DaBackpack
    are you keeping your options open wolfbox?
    that post should imply that I'm not for an inactive lynch, not an open option
    see: later posts agreeing with other people about no cardflips
    Originally posted by the sun fan
    I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



    Comment

    • inDheart
      Picker @ JAX2
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2011
      • 505

      #287
      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

      i don't really think pearl is a wolf anymore for this behavior but i also doubt he joined the game in good faith. his defense force is out now but i also see the world where wolves are now pinging the crap out of him to get him to do anything and it hasn't gotten results, and this world and that one don't mix well

      yay wolfchat reads

      if you read his previous games that have been linked here it really should be no wonder why i want to remove him from the game

      Comment

      • the sun fan
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2017
        • 658

        #288
        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

        I don't really know
        I don't feel great enough to push a wagon here
        I'll probably just not lynch within a maybe-too-large group of people
        TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

        FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

        Comment

        • the sun fan
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2017
          • 658

          #289
          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

          fwiw I really, really wish Charu would do more than complain about Pearl
          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

          Comment

          • Wayward Vagabond
            Confirmed Heartbreaker
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2012
            • 5866

            #290
            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

            Rb what was with the vote and no follow up why you gotta leave me hangin' dawg

            Comment

            • inDheart
              Picker @ JAX2
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2011
              • 505

              #291
              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

              Originally posted by DaBackpack
              also re: current discussion I think in a completely open game like this it's better to lynch inactives early game because they are an especially big liability later on

              stares threateningly at inactives / lowposters
              actually it is true that a me who gives more of a shit would say BUHT WE SHOULD LYNCH WOLFES

              i'm still astounded by a certain lack of self-awareness on display though

              Comment

              • DarkManticoreX2
                TWG Overlord
                • Apr 2005
                • 7355

                #292
                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                Apparently between my last post and this one I have come down with a massive case of the shivers which is extremely unusual for me.

                Maybe post wedding stress relief as my body detoxes, but this is likely to get worse as I’m under 3 blankets and still freezing

                mml for now. I may change this, but I just took 2 NyQuil and also may pass out.
                AAA's = 800

                Originally posted by V
                Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                Comment

                • inDheart
                  Picker @ JAX2
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 505

                  #293
                  Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                  i like prec's way of identifying that dumbtell and being patient with mml about it

                  wolves would have had a sabotage available last night so they would know unless every wolf dropped the ball on actually reading the setup

                  i'm thinking over how much weight to give the dumbtell itself, like whether it makes him town, because even if he does know, unsure if it prevents him from pumping out bad logic claim bait stuff anyway

                  Comment

                  • the sun fan
                    FFR Player
                    • Mar 2017
                    • 658

                    #294
                    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                    yeah I iso'd Charu and I am very unhappy with the lack of reads wrt people not named Anti-Pearl

                    Charu broaden your horizons a little bit, even if you think that pearl should be lynched
                    TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                    FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                    Comment

                    • inDheart
                      Picker @ JAX2
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2011
                      • 505

                      #295
                      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                      Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                      Apparently between my last post and this one I have come down with a massive case of the shivers which is extremely unusual for me.

                      Maybe post wedding stress relief as my body detoxes, but this is likely to get worse as I’m under 3 blankets and still freezing

                      mml for now. I may change this, but I just took 2 NyQuil and also may pass out.
                      oh jeez

                      get well pal, endgame needs you /s

                      Comment

                      • Precarious
                        Unacceptable
                        • Mar 2014
                        • 208

                        #296
                        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                        As far as Anti-Pearl is concerned, I don't think activity is necessarily a huge indicator of alignment by itself, but it's a player's actions that lets them be evaluated. If Pearl posts just enough to avoid replacement, they remain a cypher that continues on into the later game, with no evidence to make a case for or against them. It also raises a mechanical concern: if town, can they be counted on to vote? If scum, will they throw in a fatal vote when we're least expecting it?

                        With most players, total inactivity to this point would be concerning, but possibly coincidental. Pearl has a history of this now.

                        The thing is, that still doesn't necessarily mean they're the best choice of lynch. I feel like lynching the "most likely wolf" is a better option than a useless cypher--and FG's point about interactions is valid. Plus, assuming Pearl is truly inactive, zero posts today should allow for a replacement.

                        But I'd be kind of okay with a Pearl lynch, albeit for slightly different reasons than Charu's essentially policy stance. Pearl may not be the best lynch, but they're probably the least worst lynch--right now, we have no expectation of contribution, and without flips they become even more dangerous as the game progresses.

                        Comment

                        • the sun fan
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2017
                          • 658

                          #297
                          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                          i'll try to be here during eod
                          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                          Comment

                          • Charu
                            Snivy! Dohoho!
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Mar 2006
                            • 6207

                            #298
                            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                            Originally posted by the sun fan
                            fwiw I really, really wish Charu would do more than complain about Pearl
                            If this is an attempt of having me say who I think is what, then alright.

                            Mellon is following the leader, but she does see what I see. I don't agree with her about the interactions that funny brought up, but she seems alright. Nothing too crazy and is actually suspicious of roundbox, if only a little. Reason enough alone I should say she's good.

                            I like where inDheart is coming from. I know his snap vote to Anti-Pearl is weary to some, but I didn't see it all that negative (hooray for biased views). He comes in and chimes in he doesn't like what Roundbox was dishing out and was weary. I understand where he's coming from since it came up without prompt and, further thinking of it, just seemed... ludicrous to think about? I don't know, I just like inDheart's mindflow, he's pretty town for me.

                            WV is a whatever, don't have anything important to discuss. Vote on MML is pretty lame since it came after a vote from MML. Nothing to make of it besides, I guess, why the vote? That about it.

                            DaBackpack was MIA, but now he's coming swinging his arms around. Good first impression, even started to tango with shyto which shyto responded accordingly, lol. Indifferent about him otherwise.

                            Precarious has made some pretty neat posts that go deeper within the logic of the game and discusses it openly with the players. Gut tells me this is pretty towny behavior in all fronts since he was the first to discuss about Roundbox's plan being negative in more detail.

                            Roundbox decided to talk about something which, may or may not be a big ol' ??? in the grand scheme of things. I didn't mind it because it got us thinking about the game, which is what I think Roundbox wanted to do in the first place. Null otherwise, got no feelings regarding him or his discussion.

                            DarkManticoreX2 is... just being whatever he usually does I guess? Kind of casts people going for inactives are not being detective enough and I'm just here shrugging. Mysterious

                            Anti-Pearl is __________________________

                            Syhto has been feisty with two different people and they all seem genuine as all heck with the way she worded arguing back at said two different people. I know, I should put her in town for those, but she really does feel irritated she's being questioned so, but that's just emotion tells which is always a 50/50 to me.

                            MML is throwing punches, but I think someone said he seems to be announcing every little thing he's doing just so he doesn't need to talk in the thread. I don't see it as that, that's just playing a bit too dirty for my liking, lol. Other things is him throwing a punch at Darkmanticore. I don't know why that pinged me as such, but he did, and then complimented him afterwards. I think it's because it felt genuine and not some random distancing thing, so I can see a T/W universe if it comes down to it. Waaaaaaaaay to early, but dems the apples.

                            Thesunfan questioned roundbox's thing harshly and has been pretty straightforward to today's shenanigans. Is one of the only to pick InDheart up and question him for his snapvote on Anti-Pearl. We shall see, he's pretty null for me right now actually and I don't know why.

                            Hakulyte basically didn't really do anything, lol oops, actually just null.


                            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                            Had a very shiny nose
                            And if you ever saw it
                            You could even say it glows

                            All of the other Snivies
                            Used to laugh and call him names
                            They never let poor Charu
                            Join in any Snivy games

                            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                            Originally posted by Vendetta21
                            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                            Comment

                            • Charu
                              Snivy! Dohoho!
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 6207

                              #299
                              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                              Satisfied, mister!?


                              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                              Had a very shiny nose
                              And if you ever saw it
                              You could even say it glows

                              All of the other Snivies
                              Used to laugh and call him names
                              They never let poor Charu
                              Join in any Snivy games

                              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                              Comment

                              • Charu
                                Snivy! Dohoho!
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Mar 2006
                                • 6207

                                #300
                                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                                Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                                Apparently between my last post and this one I have come down with a massive case of the shivers which is extremely unusual for me.

                                Maybe post wedding stress relief as my body detoxes, but this is likely to get worse as I’m under 3 blankets and still freezing

                                mml for now. I may change this, but I just took 2 NyQuil and also may pass out.
                                As WV did, why?


                                Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                                Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                                Had a very shiny nose
                                And if you ever saw it
                                You could even say it glows

                                All of the other Snivies
                                Used to laugh and call him names
                                They never let poor Charu
                                Join in any Snivy games

                                (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                                All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                                Comment

                                Working...