TWG CLXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Charu
    Snivy! Dohoho!
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Mar 2006
    • 6207

    #811
    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

    Originally posted by inDheart
    sabotage is for role requests, not powers that are in play that night

    that's why it is usable at twilight

    that's why it is able to steal a power, because it would happen at the stage that powers would be given out

    now that the role requests for last night are in and wolves have used their sabotage for that night, they can no longer affect those powers with that mechanic, and this is why i thought the number would be safe to disclose

    well, "safe", but people shouldn't claim whether or not they requested a role after that

    sunfan is right
    If it was the night, or rather, twilight, from before, yeah that's safe to disclose

    But that's not the number I got, I got last nights requests, not the one from before.

    Am I making sense here?


    Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
    Charu the red-nosed Snivy
    Had a very shiny nose
    And if you ever saw it
    You could even say it glows

    All of the other Snivies
    Used to laugh and call him names
    They never let poor Charu
    Join in any Snivy games

    (Click the arrow to see the rest)


    Originally posted by Vendetta21
    All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

    Comment

    • Hakulyte
      aka Haku
      • Jul 2005
      • 4697

      #812
      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

      Originally posted by Charu
      If it was the night, or rather, twilight, from before, yeah that's safe to disclose

      But that's not the number I got, I got last nights requests, not the one from before.

      Am I making sense here?
      Do you know about special wolf roles too ?

      I certainly would like to know. huehuehue

      Comment

      • Charu
        Snivy! Dohoho!
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2006
        • 6207

        #813
        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

        Originally posted by Hakulyte
        Do you know about special wolf roles too ?

        I certainly would like to know. huehuehue
        Eat

        No, just town


        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
        Had a very shiny nose
        And if you ever saw it
        You could even say it glows

        All of the other Snivies
        Used to laugh and call him names
        They never let poor Charu
        Join in any Snivy games

        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

        Comment

        • Charu
          Snivy! Dohoho!
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Mar 2006
          • 6207

          #814
          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

          Wat*

          Okay, phone posting sucks actually


          Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
          Charu the red-nosed Snivy
          Had a very shiny nose
          And if you ever saw it
          You could even say it glows

          All of the other Snivies
          Used to laugh and call him names
          They never let poor Charu
          Join in any Snivy games

          (Click the arrow to see the rest)


          Originally posted by Vendetta21
          All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

          Comment

          • the sun fan
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2017
            • 658

            #815
            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

            Originally posted by Charu
            Wat*

            Okay, phone posting sucks actually
            how does it compare to shower posting?
            TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

            FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

            Comment

            • inDheart
              Picker @ JAX2
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2011
              • 505

              #816
              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

              Originally posted by the sun fan
              inD explain this to me like my brain is still anal-centric
              ok so i'll say it from a player's perspective

              on any given night + twilight, regardless of alignment, we have the choice of requesting a special role or not requesting a special role

              at the same time, the wolves can guess how many humans will request a blue role on that night - this is the sabotage

              so now that night is over, they've already tried to sabotage the roles that were handed out last night, so them knowing the exact count shouldn't matter anymore

              that better?

              i realize now it technically gives them a baseline for where to ballpark the next night's role requests, but eh, i'm weighing that against being able to clear charu

              Comment

              • Charu
                Snivy! Dohoho!
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Mar 2006
                • 6207

                #817
                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                Originally posted by the sun fan
                how does it compare to shower posting?
                Wouldn't trade it for the world. I love relaxing in a hot shower while browsing.


                Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                Had a very shiny nose
                And if you ever saw it
                You could even say it glows

                All of the other Snivies
                Used to laugh and call him names
                They never let poor Charu
                Join in any Snivy games

                (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                Comment

                • Charu
                  Snivy! Dohoho!
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Mar 2006
                  • 6207

                  #818
                  Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                  Originally posted by inDheart
                  ok so i'll say it from a player's perspective

                  on any given night + twilight, regardless of alignment, we have the choice of requesting a special role or not requesting a special role

                  at the same time, the wolves can guess how many humans will request a blue role on that night - this is the sabotage

                  so now that night is over, they've already tried to sabotage the roles that were handed out last night, so them knowing the exact count shouldn't matter anymore

                  that better?

                  i realize now it technically gives them a baseline for where to ballpark the next night's role requests, but eh, i'm weighing that against being able to clear charu
                  ...wait... If this is actually how it works...


                  Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                  Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                  Had a very shiny nose
                  And if you ever saw it
                  You could even say it glows

                  All of the other Snivies
                  Used to laugh and call him names
                  They never let poor Charu
                  Join in any Snivy games

                  (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                  Originally posted by Vendetta21
                  All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                  Comment

                  • the sun fan
                    FFR Player
                    • Mar 2017
                    • 658

                    #819
                    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                    Originally posted by inDheart
                    ok so i'll say it from a player's perspective

                    on any given night + twilight, regardless of alignment, we have the choice of requesting a special role or not requesting a special role

                    at the same time, the wolves can guess how many humans will request a blue role on that night - this is the sabotage

                    so now that night is over, they've already tried to sabotage the roles that were handed out last night, so them knowing the exact count shouldn't matter anymore

                    that better?

                    i realize now it technically gives them a baseline for where to ballpark the next night's role requests, but eh, i'm weighing that against being able to clear charu
                    I would much rather clear Charu if we can
                    I would also much rather Charu state the number
                    TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                    FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                    Comment

                    • the sun fan
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2017
                      • 658

                      #820
                      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                      also, I would like to say that Lar is absolutely wrong, and that if this is how Charu's role works, its rather strong
                      TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                      FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                      Comment

                      • inDheart
                        Picker @ JAX2
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Aug 2011
                        • 505

                        #821
                        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                        i've posted from the shower before and not really liked it

                        i don't like being a prune or wasting too much water so i'm wary of getting lost in a game that way

                        Comment

                        • Hakulyte
                          aka Haku
                          • Jul 2005
                          • 4697

                          #822
                          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                          That doesn't clear Charu and Charu doesn't know that info anyway for the first phase.

                          zzz

                          Comment

                          • MixMasterLar
                            Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2006
                            • 5401

                            #823
                            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                            I'm sorry did we all just glossed over Charu threatening town when he thought he had a power that can fuck us?

                            And he's already softed the number in the world's most dumbest obvious fucking soft I have ever witness so if that does fuck us over there is no reason why Charu needs to be given a pass here.

                            hell if it doesn't fuck us over he doesn't need to be given a pass here.

                            Hell just the threatening he did is enough to not give him a pass

                            I am legit fucking angry about this play holy shit
                            ​

                            Comment

                            • Hakulyte
                              aka Haku
                              • Jul 2005
                              • 4697

                              #824
                              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                              I feel like you guys are just trying to make the birb trip.

                              Comment

                              • the sun fan
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2017
                                • 658

                                #825
                                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                                Originally posted by Hakulyte
                                That doesn't clear Charu and Charu doesn't know that info anyway for the first phase.

                                zzz
                                well, you are right that it doesn't clear him
                                but it makes him look really, really good if his info is good
                                TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                                FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                                Comment

                                Working...