TWG CLXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Charu
    Snivy! Dohoho!
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Mar 2006
    • 6207

    #976
    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

    Originally posted by theknightsofneeee
    InD's wolf game is no great shakes so I'm not gonna go looking at him yet (in italics).

    But he sure isn't villagery
    You and thesunfan seem to say he could be a wolfin', and I just can't see it.


    Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
    Charu the red-nosed Snivy
    Had a very shiny nose
    And if you ever saw it
    You could even say it glows

    All of the other Snivies
    Used to laugh and call him names
    They never let poor Charu
    Join in any Snivy games

    (Click the arrow to see the rest)


    Originally posted by Vendetta21
    All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

    Comment

    • the sun fan
      FFR Player
      • Mar 2017
      • 658

      #977
      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

      Charu has pointed out that I am rather subdued this phase, and that's correct, I am.

      part of it is school and other commitments, to make it very short, I'm at a time in my life where things are actually going really fucking well for once and I somehow, someway, am not fucking anything up yet. I am reading FFR less than I was as a result, and TWG is part of it.

      I don't think my game is seriously hurt, regardless of whatever counterpoint Lar will invariably make to this post. I think I am thinking about the game a rather healthy amount, and honestly, my biggest fault is that I am a coward (sort of like Syhto said) and change my mind due to overthinking.

      I feel... good about my position on the game as we stand. Part of it is confidence in certain reads, but part of it is that I feel good, and because I feel good, I feel like I'm playing good.

      I still don't know who the wolves are, but what I feel like I do know, is a few towns I'm never lynching.

      I have often struggled to read inD. I am never killing him this game. His posts are too good to be a wolf. I do not mean this as a mark against inD. I think there's probably under 5 people in TWG who I think can [consistently] make the points that he has made about some small things like when wv and haku did the thing earlier. I have rarely spoken about how sometimes, when I get an especially good feeling from someone, when I read their posts, I sometimes hear their voice reading the post in my head. Before you commit me to an asylum, I do think that this only happens when I feel like the post is genuine. Its a terrible method that I don't put any stock into, but I put a lot of stock into it historically and I don't think I've been burned on it before because it happens so rarely. The post of "did I just get WV and Haku town from that?" or something like that was the post I heard in his voice. I could be wrong on him being town but honestly, I don't think I can lynch him without mechanical evidence against him at this point.

      I think wv isn't likely to do that thing with not reading the op as a wolf. Its... not impossible. But it looks really good. I haven't iso'd him but I wouldn't kill him solely because he appeared to seriously not understand (including bringing it up later which is like a very nice touch if he is a wolf though wolfchat coaching is a thing etc etc) the mechanic of wolf sabotage. I think he's probably town.

      I'm a dingus and Charu is town. Claim checks out as far as I can tell. Sorry Charu, that one is my bad.

      DBP is playing town in a way that I have high confidence in my meta read. This is probably the weakest one so far, and still it manages to be really strong. The way he questions people is... well, questionable at times, but it is at the same time, vintage DBP town. His... assertions are very... himself as well to be a little vague about something I think I've noticed.

      Lastly, and I need to reread her to fully make this read, but I don't think I have seen anything from fg that has made me... afraid of her potentially wolfing this game. Again, I need to read, and I will, to fully assert this read, but based on what I remember, I am not worried about her.

      I would kill none of these people without mechanical info against them at this time, which is kind of a ludicrous position to take, I know.

      I think there's a couple things I need to touch on to answer some potential questions:

      I am not clearing Haku for the earlier mechanics thing. Haku's mind exists on a different temporal plane as I'm sure we all know. I've also made the mistake of... assuming with regards to Hakulyte before and lost a game because of it (albeit it was my own mistake and not anyone elses). I maybe should be. I am not saying that Haku is a wolf. To be honest, aside from maybe Lar, I think he is the towniest person not in my never-kill list. I don't have anything that I L O V E from him yet. I think the answer to his alignment lies within his grouping of neee/manti together even after syhto died, which is an odd line to take, but appears to be a consistent one for Haku. I /think/ Hakulyte is town, I am not locking it in.

      Idk, Lar is a buttface basically. He could be really town now. I was recently burned by him in more ways that one, and as I said in the postgame of that turbo, getting slowrolled really, really stings, intentional or not. He is... capable of these emotional outbursts as a wolf, which, if I had to pick something to say about that, I would say that it is impressive that he can summon that spring of emotion upon command. I don't really know what he'd be doing as a wolf here, that's my biggest lack of a case against him; I don't really have anything he's done as wolfy, and regardless of all else, I do think I would have that if he was a wolf.

      Aside from that, I don't know how to proceed. I don't know who is a wolf in the remaining group of raeko, roundbox, manti, neee. I also make no mistakes about the game being that simple. I am almost definitely wrong somewhere. But what I do know is, I feel really, really good about the game right now.

      I would kill any of those four and... probably be happy as of right now.

      I think neee has said words. I think I tend to like neee's style, but it honestly isn't even lacking or anything, I just think other people are higher than him, so its faux POE.

      The other three are more real POE. I know there was some pushback to my roundbox vote earlier, I do think that its still a decent place to look.

      I would encourage people to tell me where they think I am wrong. You don't even necessarily have to make a compelling case. I know that I can solve this game if I build a wall around the town and make the wolves pay for it. I feel like I am right there.
      TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

      FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

      Comment

      • the sun fan
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2017
        • 658

        #978
        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

        yes I know I contradict myself on my inD read its meant to be a joke about the insane asylum but w/e

        I laughed at it OK
        TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

        FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

        Comment

        • the sun fan
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2017
          • 658

          #979
          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

          my confidence in Lar being town has waned since typing that post up but w/e
          its just one space down now
          and its probably not for a good reason
          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

          Comment

          • Hakulyte
            aka Haku
            • Jul 2005
            • 4697

            #980
            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

            I actually like inDheart and WV. I'd lock town Charu at this point and assume he's going to eat a night kill at some point. May revisit in late game if still alive somehow.

            I wonder if MML was aware about how sabotage works based on what he was saying. I'd tend to town read him for the wrong reasons.

            DBP makes me wonder why he got annoyed at me and didn't do well, anything else.

            Sunfan makes me wonder if he really didn't knew what was going on or if he knew and pretended to not know. Well, me being confused didn't help. Null ish

            I'm fine with Roundbox so far, I don't see anything odd in his posts.

            I don't know what to think of FG. I don't really trust my own reads on her too, they're usually wrong.

            Originally posted by roundbox
            manti where u at

            raeko where u at
            I would vote Manti and just be like (where raeko ?)

            Comment

            • Hakulyte
              aka Haku
              • Jul 2005
              • 4697

              #981
              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

              Sunfan probably town too after reading above wall.

              Comment

              • the sun fan
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2017
                • 658

                #982
                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                Originally posted by Hakulyte
                Sunfan makes me wonder if he really didn't knew what was going on or if he knew and pretended to not know. Well, me being confused didn't help. Null ish
                pretending not to know is something I don't often do. I probably should do it marginally more often, and the real and only reason that I haven't done it is because I thought it was kind of cheap for a long time, but I don't really think that it is quite so low anymore.

                part of the game as a wolf is to lie so, I think it was probably wrong of me to have held that stance wrt dumbtells for so long.

                but no, I didn't actually know, etc etc
                TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                Comment

                • the sun fan
                  FFR Player
                  • Mar 2017
                  • 658

                  #983
                  Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                  Originally posted by Hakulyte
                  Sunfan probably town too after reading above wall.
                  haku, you play on .9 rate
                  I know you didn't read that whole thing that fast
                  TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                  FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                  Comment

                  • Charu
                    Snivy! Dohoho!
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 6207

                    #984
                    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                    Originally posted by the sun fan
                    my confidence in Lar being town has waned since typing that post up but w/e
                    its just one space down now
                    and its probably not for a good reason
                    Feel the same way.

                    Got nothing to use against him in terms of pushes. I just don't approve of the way he came in this phase, wolfin' or not.

                    He's most likely going to shit talk me for saying this too, as if that's gonna suddenly make me go "oh, maybe I shouldn't."

                    Be a dick, be treated with hostility, big shock, eh?


                    Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                    Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                    Had a very shiny nose
                    And if you ever saw it
                    You could even say it glows

                    All of the other Snivies
                    Used to laugh and call him names
                    They never let poor Charu
                    Join in any Snivy games

                    (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                    Originally posted by Vendetta21
                    All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                    Comment

                    • Hakulyte
                      aka Haku
                      • Jul 2005
                      • 4697

                      #985
                      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                      Originally posted by the sun fan
                      haku, you play on .9 rate
                      I know you didn't read that whole thing that fast
                      I read half of it and was already convinced.

                      Comment

                      • the sun fan
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2017
                        • 658

                        #986
                        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                        Originally posted by Charu
                        Feel the same way.

                        Got nothing to use against him in terms of pushes. I just don't approve of the way he came in this phase, wolfin' or not.

                        He's most likely going to shit talk me for saying this too, as if that's gonna suddenly make me go "oh, maybe I shouldn't."

                        Be a dick, be treated with hostility, big shock, eh?
                        there is something to be said of going high when they go low
                        there is also something to be said of kicking when they go low

                        sorry to get political and all (haha)
                        but both do legitimately have their merits

                        I do think you might enjoy the game a little bit more by going high though
                        your leg will get tired if you kick too much
                        TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                        FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                        Comment

                        • Hakulyte
                          aka Haku
                          • Jul 2005
                          • 4697

                          #987
                          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                          Sometimes I post before thinking. Probably something I should avoid in the future.

                          Comment

                          • the sun fan
                            FFR Player
                            • Mar 2017
                            • 658

                            #988
                            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                            Originally posted by Hakulyte
                            I read half of it and was already convinced.
                            this makes me like you less; I feel like you never like my walls this much
                            what did you like about this one?
                            TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                            FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                            Comment

                            • Charu
                              Snivy! Dohoho!
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 6207

                              #989
                              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                              Okay, just a warning, phase ends tomorrow night at 1AM, right?

                              I'm not staying up and feeling like shit again.


                              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                              Had a very shiny nose
                              And if you ever saw it
                              You could even say it glows

                              All of the other Snivies
                              Used to laugh and call him names
                              They never let poor Charu
                              Join in any Snivy games

                              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                              Comment

                              • the sun fan
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2017
                                • 658

                                #990
                                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                                Originally posted by Hakulyte
                                Sometimes I post before thinking. Probably something I should avoid in the future.
                                posting before I think is how I've played this game since 2014/2015.
                                I highly recommend it with 0% sarcasm.
                                TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                                FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                                Comment

                                Working...