TWG CLXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DarkManticoreX2
    TWG Overlord
    • Apr 2005
    • 7355

    #2146
    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

    MML has been a huge variable for me this game. I get all these bad feels from his general gameplay, but his posts are correct when i read them.
    AAA's = 800

    Originally posted by V
    Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

    Comment

    • roundbox
      fhqwhgads
      • Feb 2005
      • 2086

      #2147
      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

      Originally posted by Hakulyte
      I like Manti here. You shouldn't vote Manti.

      Thank you for sheeping my reads tho, but it's bad.
      What is this post???
      Originally posted by the sun fan
      I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



      Comment

      • the sun fan
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2017
        • 658

        #2148
        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

        Originally posted by the sun fan
        so that leaves Manti, Lar, raeko

        I kind of don't like that I'm ending up with the same bottom 3 or so, but it is what I have here. I think the worst that I could possibly be playing is only being 1/3 on these three, though, with something like inD, roundbox, [one of the above three] so I think I'm... ok.

        Manti, I think it just kind of feels like he's wolfin' more than anything else. I have to firstly admit that I've never seen him have a reaction like that, as a wolf or as town or as anything, to when Charu said what he said. I think it is possible for him to have that response regardless of alignment, and here's why.

        Manti and Charu have a little bit of history. A very, very small bit. This is not me using weak language as I often do, its really just a tiny, little bit. Charu has felt singled out for how he formats his postgames (Manti has said that he doesn't like something about how Charu does it, I don't remember what), and Manti sometimes feels like playing with Charu, and I roughly quote "Gives [Manti] flashbacks to 'Nam."

        What I don't mean to say here is that they don't like one another. Please do not mistake that for what I am saying. What I am saying is that they can get under one another's skin sometimes. So, when Charu said that he hopes Manti does something later, I can see Manti being particularly annoyed.

        Manti is a prideful man. Its what makes good TWG players. I can see Manti taking what Charu said as an affront to his ability to put in a good TWG posting game. Coupled with the fact that I think Manti thinks that some players, Charu and certainly myself included, make too many posts for the game of TWG to be played well. I think that this could all lead him to have that reaction as a wolf.

        I would normally not be on this level of thought, but this game is really, really fucking hard for me. Life heard me talking about how complacent I was with my townreads yesterday, and you know what happens from then on.

        As an aside, regardless of all else, this definitively means that Charu and Manti can never be wolves together or it would legitimately blow my mind.

        The reason I post all of this is because I think that it feels like Manti is a wolf, especially with leaving Charu alive. I posted earlier that I felt like I could hear Manti saying "If we leave Charu alive, townies will get paranoid. They always get paranoid." I don't really have an explanation for Charu being alive still, especially over neee(?) last night (not to say neee wouldn't be a threat to the wolves because he almost always is as a townie etc etc).

        This is probably more than I meant to type out on Manti, but there's a few more small things. I think its not good for Manti to be evaluating funny as a wolf. I know he often believes strongly in his reads, as he should, but based on how that wagon developed, and based on how funny was playing, I don't think I can evaluate funny as a wolf, and I don't like that Manti is doing so.

        I don't have a lack of reasons to believe that Manti could be town. I still do think that his invocation of syhto's name was townie. I just think it kind of fit in with what I /think/ was a role-neutral response.

        I don't like the way that Manti put roundbox off to the side either. I don't think he does that as town past d0.

        I will fully admit that this is a complicated read and I do sincerely believe that, more often than not, reads that are very complicated are incredibly unlikely to be right for the right reasons.

        In very, very brief terms, it just feels like Manti is wolfing because I have no other explanation for Charu being alive as town.
        read the very last sentence if you have to, DBP, but I kind of dont' want to repeat myself from earlier on Manti
        TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

        FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

        Comment

        • Hakulyte
          aka Haku
          • Jul 2005
          • 4697

          #2149
          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

          Originally posted by roundbox
          What is this post???
          Good old reaction test.

          Comment

          • DaBackpack
            ~ お ま ん こ ~
            • Mar 2014
            • 918

            #2150
            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

            Originally posted by the sun fan
            read the very last sentence if you have to, DBP, but I kind of dont' want to repeat myself from earlier on Manti
            thank you sunfan I went back and read it though


            Originally posted by Moogy
            no one cares
            Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
            there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
            that's kind of a sad statistic

            Comment

            • MixMasterLar
              Beach Bum Extraordinaire
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2006
              • 5403

              #2151
              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

              I'm still ok with DBP getting lynched

              Get off Haku, Roundbox. You haven't convinced me I'm wrong on that
              ​

              Comment

              • the sun fan
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2017
                • 658

                #2152
                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                Originally posted by Hakulyte
                I like Manti here. You shouldn't vote Manti.

                Thank you for sheeping my reads tho, but it's bad.
                this is kind of random
                TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                Comment

                • inDheart
                  Picker @ JAX2
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 505

                  #2153
                  Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                  uhg

                  sunfan is telling me to ignore the associatives so

                  raeko

                  roundbox just made a post i liked too aaaaa

                  Comment

                  • DarkManticoreX2
                    TWG Overlord
                    • Apr 2005
                    • 7355

                    #2154
                    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    manti do you think haku is still a wolf
                    I don't know, I could see it but everyone is yelling "no manti you're wrong", and I don't think Haku is as transparent as people make him out to be.

                    Think he's being underestimated. But it feels like more then 3 people have his back and there's only 3 wolves.
                    AAA's = 800

                    Originally posted by V
                    Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                    Comment

                    • roundbox
                      fhqwhgads
                      • Feb 2005
                      • 2086

                      #2155
                      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                      haku pivoting on the spot makes me ??? about his relationship with manti
                      Originally posted by the sun fan
                      I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                      Comment

                      • Charu
                        Snivy! Dohoho!
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 6207

                        #2156
                        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                        Originally posted by roundbox
                        haku pivoting on the spot makes me ??? about his relationship with manti
                        To be honest, I'm not quite sure where it came from or why.


                        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                        Had a very shiny nose
                        And if you ever saw it
                        You could even say it glows

                        All of the other Snivies
                        Used to laugh and call him names
                        They never let poor Charu
                        Join in any Snivy games

                        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                        Originally posted by Vendetta21
                        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                        Comment

                        • the sun fan
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2017
                          • 658

                          #2157
                          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                          Originally posted by inDheart
                          uhg

                          sunfan is telling me to ignore the associatives so

                          raeko

                          roundbox just made a post i liked too aaaaa
                          you do you but I like how you're not doing you so
                          do whatever
                          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                          Comment

                          • DarkManticoreX2
                            TWG Overlord
                            • Apr 2005
                            • 7355

                            #2158
                            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                            Originally posted by roundbox
                            haku pivoting on the spot makes me ??? about his relationship with manti
                            I mean i can vote him if you want
                            AAA's = 800

                            Originally posted by V
                            Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                            Comment

                            • MixMasterLar
                              Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 5403

                              #2159
                              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                              Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                              I could 100% see MML in wolf chat going "if we kill sytho I can live though next phase, not sure if we don't"
                              You don't believe this after those times we wolf together.
                              ​

                              Comment

                              • Charu
                                Snivy! Dohoho!
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Mar 2006
                                • 6207

                                #2160
                                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                                He said reaction test, but it's like... huh?


                                Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                                Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                                Had a very shiny nose
                                And if you ever saw it
                                You could even say it glows

                                All of the other Snivies
                                Used to laugh and call him names
                                They never let poor Charu
                                Join in any Snivy games

                                (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                                All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                                Comment

                                Working...