TWG CLXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DaBackpack
    ~ お ま ん こ ~
    • Mar 2014
    • 918

    #1681
    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    DaBackPack

    I don't care if this vote doesn't count right now I do not believe you are this stupid

    Go read my post quoting the entire Funnygurl wagon and tell me why anyone should believe that the chaos of a bunch of people guessing that they are ok with Funnygurl is proof she was a wolf
    I see what you are referring to but I was referring to the chaos of your wagon and sunfan's wagon


    Originally posted by Moogy
    no one cares
    Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
    there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
    that's kind of a sad statistic

    Comment

    • MixMasterLar
      Beach Bum Extraordinaire
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2006
      • 5403

      #1682
      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

      Also

      Originally posted by Charu
      The smallest case I could probably think of is... she posted some thoughts beginning of phase and then not much else.

      And if I want to tinfoil, she probably felt obligated to post something since she didn't the previous phase.

      ...That's all I got though, you're right that there's nothing else.
      Dude voted for Funny
      ​

      Comment

      • theknightsofneeee
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2016
        • 4

        #1683
        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

        okay

        well why do you think wolf!charu would vote funny there instead of voting either you (if you're a villager) or mellon (if she's a villager) or staying on sunfan (if he's a villager)

        who is he trying to save or is he just moving to move?

        Comment

        • theknightsofneeee
          FFR Player
          • Nov 2016
          • 4

          #1684
          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

          not going for a gotcha just want to follow your train of thought through

          Comment

          • MixMasterLar
            Beach Bum Extraordinaire
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Aug 2006
            • 5403

            #1685
            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

            Originally posted by theknightsofneeee
            so you think the wagons were V/V then mml?
            I do
            Originally posted by DaBackpack
            there were previous games where i knew xiz was scummy but he was never at eod so I never lynched him in case he could clear himself somehow

            And then xiz would win

            so I've come to not care if ppl are here or not if I'm feeling confident
            You gotta have a case first. Not being around can be a good case when it's extreme but this isn't a good example of it.

            Originally posted by theknightsofneeee
            MML who do you think the wolves are based on how EoD played out?
            I would probably want to re read first EOD before giving a solid team of 3 but but like Charu, DBP and Manti really are gross here, although I can see Manti being town in some cases.

            I don't remember who they voted last phase or if there's even a pattern to see there. I think you're on to something when you said that wolves have no reason not to group vote people in flipless.

            Originally posted by DaBackpack
            I see what you are referring to but I was referring to the chaos of your wagon and sunfan's wagon
            Chaos would still be a strong world for it but honesty I don't think the SunFan was ever a serious wagon. A really dark way to look at it was that people where seeing how well that idea stuck.

            But I think it was Neeee who voted him because he didn't like the Raeko wagon. When it didn't really stick he switched to me.

            Originally posted by theknightsofneeee
            okay

            well why do you think wolf!charu would vote funny there instead of voting either you (if you're a villager) or mellon (if she's a villager) or staying on sunfan (if he's a villager)

            who is he trying to save or is he just moving to move?
            Could be moving to move. Could also think that Funny was just super easy and he can get the other three options lynched easy enough later.

            I have heat and people want to lynch me already (and I actually almost did get lynched) so switching it to me in the world where Funny is town accomplishes nothing anyway since a town dies regardless and he probably feels like he can get another 3 people on me with no effort anytime. The ship for SunFan and Raeko kind of sailed by that point as well so sticking with them doesn't make that much sense.

            TLDR Funny was presented on a silver platter and he took it.
            ​

            Comment

            • theknightsofneeee
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2016
              • 4

              #1686
              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

              i was voting roundbox prior to moving to sunfan, but yeah.

              neither of those wagons really got traction for whatever reason.

              kinda surprising wrt roundbox btw that his wagon didn't get much traction.

              Comment

              • Hakulyte
                aka Haku
                • Jul 2005
                • 4697

                #1687
                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                To everyone doubting about Charu being town;

                Keep in mind that "Wolf Charu" could have got in a lot of trouble if 3 players had a blue role and decided to claim.

                The fact that no one really did anything about it just shows that it's very unlikely there's something here.

                The benefit is way too small considering how this game work.

                Comment

                • Hakulyte
                  aka Haku
                  • Jul 2005
                  • 4697

                  #1688
                  Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                  Originally posted by roundbox
                  I know haku's not gonna respond to this, but why are you trying to solve the whole game especially given there's no cardflips?

                  I'm gonna give haku town points for this because haku's channeling his inner robot to try and solve EVERYONE in the game on... day 1. when I wolfed with haku recently (in "seems like you have a problem" and "TWGood End"), he's a bit more confident and focused on spouting theories for how things went down. I don't see the dejectedness here as a wolftell
                  TWG is all about creating the right opportunities to reach your end goal.

                  Some prefer to just chill, stay in the background and analyze what the other players are doing.

                  Others want to be part of the action even if they're likely to be wrong.

                  The point is that both are necessary to win a game.

                  You need content. You need feedback, you need to compare how others view things and why. You need to build trust with players based on their interactions and you have to try to ask the right questions and/or push the right things, but also the right way to not only reach your goal, but also make the others vote with you.

                  It may as well just be a big diplomatic war about having the freedom to push a lynch somewhere.

                  Anyway, back to the point. Solving a game is all about "creating a way".

                  I believe in tryharding even if I only have like 1/10 chance of being right. This game doesn't punish you for trying to find a wolf and failing. It does punish players tho who maintain certain behavior.

                  I don't believe you guys will ever lynch me as long as I try to do something helpful about the state of the game and if you do, it better be for a good reason.

                  Being bad is a thing, but bad content or not. As long as I get the help I need to correct myself, I should remain relevant.

                  I believe it's a lot easier to get town read by being constantly active than how I'm playing with work etc. You guys cannot get the feeling of seeing me actively post stuff and I miss content like this post of yours because I try to priorize what should be important.

                  Anyway, pushing narratives isn't really detrimental as long as you get something out of it.

                  I had weak reads and I got responses from the players in question I was targeting and guess what- it helped me get a better picture of the game.

                  Comment

                  • Hakulyte
                    aka Haku
                    • Jul 2005
                    • 4697

                    #1689
                    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                    Charu lock town due to above post and risk/reward not being worth the claim.
                    Moving Neee Town.
                    Pairing MML with Raeko in some odd universe.
                    Suspicious of Dabackpack's confidence and lack of apparent detectiveness. I feel like I never know what he's thinking and it's bothering me.
                    Back on drawing board for Sunfan. I kind of want to compare Sunfan to inDheart in terms of not being sure what to think of them.
                    Manti's alignment might be tied to Sunfan's alignment for me.
                    If Sunfan was a wolf, Precarious(voted by Sunfan) and MML(voted by Sunfan) are Town. Funnygurl555 was a wolf. (assuming he never busses here and there's definitely no reason to buss with no cardflips.)
                    MML feels too inconsistent with everything to be a wolf, I feel like he would filter his game differently if he was one.
                    I tend to believe Raeko overall, but I'm worried about if I'm just getting pocketed. This is mostly due to me reading a lot of posts about people talking about my alignment. I would revisit her in like 2 phases.
                    Roundbox had many interesting small hindsights in his posts. It felt like he was trying to figure out others and slowly build some town circle on his own. It makes sense considering the state of the game.
                    I forgot WV somehow. I guess I'll iso him again soon.

                    That's as close as I can give reads so far. A lot of it is still guts, but whatever.

                    Comment

                    • MixMasterLar
                      Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 5403

                      #1690
                      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                      So about 6 hours ago the site fucking crashed so I just dipped. I did copy/pasta the post I was making so here you guys go

                      --

                      Originally posted by FreezinIce
                      Final VC

                      Roundbox (1): MML
                      Charu (3): , funnygirl, DaBackpack, Precarious
                      MML (1): Manti
                      Theknightsofneee (1): Hakulyte
                      Mellon_collie (1): indheart
                      Funnygirl (1): Roundbox
                      Precarious (5): theknightsofneee, mellon_collie, Charu, thesunfan, Syhto

                      Unvote (1): WV

                      5 mins to let me know if this is incorrect.

                      As a reminder, night talk is on. And you can all talk till I officially kill you. Then you can't. Lol
                      DaBackPack and Charu never a team, I guess.
                      What was it Haku said about town acting more town? He right tho.


                      I think I need to really ISO and grill both of them this phase because I fully believe that there's a wolf there 100% of the time. That Funny wagon was just way to unclean.

                      For now, I sleep.


                      ---

                      @Haku: The bit about Charu being legit isn't true since the three wouldn't easily know they are three and not just two, unless they planned on claiming outright.

                      Anyway I have breakfast and a long morning to attend to.
                      ​

                      Comment

                      • Charu
                        Snivy! Dohoho!
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 6207

                        #1691
                        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                        I really don't get your scum read on me, it sounds like you're taking your suspicions from beginning of last phase into fruition now when you had all of last phase to do so.

                        I don't feel good about the Funnygurl lynch either, I already stated I didn't trust myself believing in thesunfan and my read on precarious. The other wagon was, well, you, and I think you're town just from one single post that I'm going to hold on to because otherwise I would've joined in the MML lynch.

                        GOD I would've joined it and not felt any remorse, right or wrong. You know this to be true for how much I brung it up and how I listed you as a possible wolf before.

                        ...But I appreciate you holding yourself back last phase from super aggressive posts after you blew up. It allowed me to review your post right after Syhto died which is all the proof I need to show you're not a wolf.


                        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                        Had a very shiny nose
                        And if you ever saw it
                        You could even say it glows

                        All of the other Snivies
                        Used to laugh and call him names
                        They never let poor Charu
                        Join in any Snivy games

                        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                        Originally posted by Vendetta21
                        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                        Comment

                        • Charu
                          Snivy! Dohoho!
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 6207

                          #1692
                          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                          Speaking of that, let me re-quote it because goodness, no one even talked about it when I brought it up.

                          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                          Buuuuuuuut you did

                          But you did.

                          And I know I've edited your post down to save space and you're thinking of saying that I'm taking things out of context and all that jazz but you've performed actions that by your own admission you ain't cool with.

                          I'm not sure how I'm suppose to feel about that contrast but I don't feel good about it. After the whole "My MixMasterLar vote wasn't serious" bit when that vote was totally fucking serious and proven so by your outrage at my one-liner I just feel like you're not super trustworthy this game.
                          10-24-2018, 01:07 AM
                          He made that post... SEVEN MINUTES past Syhto dying, it was as if he didn't know Syhto was going to die.


                          Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                          Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                          Had a very shiny nose
                          And if you ever saw it
                          You could even say it glows

                          All of the other Snivies
                          Used to laugh and call him names
                          They never let poor Charu
                          Join in any Snivy games

                          (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                          Comment

                          • Charu
                            Snivy! Dohoho!
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Mar 2006
                            • 6207

                            #1693
                            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                            If that isn't good enough because he could've faked it, well I don't know what else to defend him by. I think that post and the timestamp is highly telling of his alignment.


                            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                            Had a very shiny nose
                            And if you ever saw it
                            You could even say it glows

                            All of the other Snivies
                            Used to laugh and call him names
                            They never let poor Charu
                            Join in any Snivy games

                            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                            Originally posted by Vendetta21
                            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                            Comment

                            • DarkManticoreX2
                              TWG Overlord
                              • Apr 2005
                              • 7355

                              #1694
                              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                              Originally posted by theknightsofneeee
                              so real talk time

                              who makes sense as a team with mellon?
                              Welcome to me pre lynch.
                              AAA's = 800

                              Originally posted by V
                              Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                              Comment

                              • DarkManticoreX2
                                TWG Overlord
                                • Apr 2005
                                • 7355

                                #1695
                                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                                For those of you that missed it:

                                Originally posted by Darkmanticorex2
                                Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                                i'm down to talk w/ you during nightchat. nights are lit less things to catch up on

                                i'm not used to haku like... giving up... and for some reason his posting is coming off as insincere to me. however, i don't think he's worth offing today due to his inability to be here for eod. i think i usually have a good handle on haku though, and i don't this time around, which is why i'm leaning not town atm
                                This post.

                                FG says haku’s Posting is coming off as insincere to her and then says she doesn’t think he’s worth killing due to his inability to be here at EOD.

                                Haku will pretty much never be here for EOD so this is just an excuse to not vote him to me.
                                I think this got missed in the activity of eod, but can I get thoughts on this.

                                I feel like this makes Haku/funny a greater then rand chance at being w/w.
                                AAA's = 800

                                Originally posted by V
                                Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                                Comment

                                Working...