TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hakulyte
    aka Haku
    • Jul 2005
    • 4697

    #421
    Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

    Originally posted by DaBackpack
    are you talking about the turbo?
    Yeah, the turbo that's still stickied. I was the top poster and also pretty weird. Roundbox actually got NK N1, but his D0 was pretty similar to this one.

    It's probably not that long of an iso/read.

    Comment

    • Hakulyte
      aka Haku
      • Jul 2005
      • 4697

      #422
      Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

      Originally posted by DaBackpack
      are you talking about the turbo?
      Yeah, the turbo that's still stickied. I was the top poster and also pretty weird. Roundbox actually got NK N1, but his D0 was pretty similar to this one.

      It's probably not that long of an iso/read.


      ...

      I just got meme'd by a Database Error.

      Comment

      • DaBackpack
        ~ お ま ん こ ~
        • Mar 2014
        • 918

        #423
        Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

        Originally posted by Hakulyte
        Yeah, the turbo that's still stickied. I was the top poster and also pretty weird. Roundbox actually got NK N1, but his D0 was pretty similar to this one.

        It's probably not that long of an iso/read.
        I didn't follow that one, I'll take a look

        thank you


        Originally posted by Moogy
        no one cares
        Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
        there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
        that's kind of a sad statistic

        Comment

        • Hakulyte
          aka Haku
          • Jul 2005
          • 4697

          #424
          Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

          Originally posted by DaBackpack
          I didn't follow that one, I'll take a look

          thank you
          How much do you actually value reading previous games?

          I certainly don't.

          Comment

          • FreezinIce
            FFR Player
            • May 2005
            • 265

            #425
            Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

            i dont feel like spending the next day arguing semantics with you MML.

            let me crystallize my points:

            >I think posting a full reads list 1 day into the game is scummy. obvious displaying of info that you have no business knowing without progression backing it up

            >I support asking people to place votes early. it puts weight behind their opinions and forces interactions when people inevitably disagree that help people read each other better

            >It also helps avoid CFD by giving a clear progression behind votes and reads, and i think CFD slightly favors scum based on its unpredictable nature and very rarely leads to a wolf kill.

            >Why would scum want people to place votes early? You say its to get the lay of the land before voting but it still involves them committing to an opinion they would rather hold off on.

            If i was scum i would no amount of "knowing the lay of the land" is worth having to put my vote on someone, be locked into progressing the read, then being questioned when i try to change it if my partner is in danger.

            I'd much rather hold my vote and have everyone as "suspicious yet null", then place it when its needed. I cannot come around to your way of thinking on this matter.
            ========

            To let the world be.

            ========

            Originally posted by Charu
            Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


            Originally posted by mellon_collie
            AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
            Originally posted by roundbox
            AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


            Originally posted by Afrobean
            Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
            Originally posted by Red
            My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
            Originally posted by TWG Ike
            SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

            Comment

            • FreezinIce
              FFR Player
              • May 2005
              • 265

              #426
              Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

              tl;dr i dont agree with your reasoning. come at me
              ========

              To let the world be.

              ========

              Originally posted by Charu
              Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


              Originally posted by mellon_collie
              AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
              Originally posted by roundbox
              AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


              Originally posted by Afrobean
              Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
              Originally posted by Red
              My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
              Originally posted by TWG Ike
              SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

              Comment

              • the sun fan
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2017
                • 658

                #427
                Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                If I had to theory-craft this more

                I'd say it's possible that when I called you out on that post, you basically ignored it because fuck Lar, but when you barely skimmed the page and thought you where reading Roundbox---now that's someone who needs to be responded to quickly! so quickly we ain't gonna check if that' actually roundbox.

                That's a little sloppy coming from you, but it looks as plausible as you being town right now so yeah
                you were formatting posts similarly
                its not a good reason
                TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                Comment

                • the sun fan
                  FFR Player
                  • Mar 2017
                  • 658

                  #428
                  Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                  nah, he did say some stuff on an iso, I'm not going to quote it for Lar because he does have eyes, but he said my vote was bad, my reasoning was bad, that he was suspicious of my vote and my reasoning all at different times.
                  TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                  FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                  Comment

                  • the sun fan
                    FFR Player
                    • Mar 2017
                    • 658

                    #429
                    Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                    I def did get you and him mixed up because of how you were both formating posts as:

                    quote
                    response to quote
                    quote
                    response to quote

                    at the same time and the same way
                    TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                    FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                    Comment

                    • Hakulyte
                      aka Haku
                      • Jul 2005
                      • 4697

                      #430
                      Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                      I did a game with DBP where he was wolf and we were playing in a discord chat with OoTC on.

                      I was Seer and I did that silly play where I hard claimed to like 6 players in one night. 5 of them were town, but not him. (yes, that was dumb, but let's keep that for another day)

                      In his chat with me overall, I ended up feeding him with a lot of info and he told me he would read chat logs later on.

                      He never actually even read them as wolf and eventually the game backfired in my direction.

                      Since that game, him actually mentioning interest for reading threads makes me want to give him a red flag because I don't believe this is actually how he operates for solving games.

                      His early game interaction about me felt kind of out of place as well, but I feel like I needed something else.

                      I also really want to spam ORAORAORAORA and vote DaBackPack here, but history has proven me that I've been wrong countless times.

                      Kind of curious about getting a second opinion here.

                      Comment

                      • the sun fan
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2017
                        • 658

                        #431
                        Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                        dbp reads the shit out of the thread as town, haku. its a large part of how he solves games. the capitalism game is a good example of this, though he did taper off late game, partly because of how much work he had already put in I would assume.
                        TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                        FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                        Comment

                        • the sun fan
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2017
                          • 658

                          #432
                          Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                          reminder to fix the stickies when I wake up tomorrow
                          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                          Comment

                          • Hakulyte
                            aka Haku
                            • Jul 2005
                            • 4697

                            #433
                            Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                            Oh, I didn't particularly read Nekopara's game that much and that's probably why blind kept mentioning DBP derp.

                            Guess, I'll just go sleep.

                            Comment

                            • Hateandhatred
                              "The Quebec Steparatist."
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Feb 2011
                              • 1974

                              #434
                              Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                              Wow I missed the start of this thing. Brb going to have breakfast where there is a wifi and reading the thread
                              Forgot where I put my old sig lol

                              Comment

                              • XelNya
                                [Kaho]
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Sep 2012
                                • 3369

                                #435
                                Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                                Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                                Xel you know I love your shitposting but I will kill the mood and ask your opinion on this matter

                                Comment on Freezin while you're at it please
                                I'm gonna operate under the assumption you want me to go over the Sunfam interactions, and a specific read of Freezin.

                                So let me start with Freezin specifically, because that's a lot easier a place to start.

                                Freezin is playing, in my opinion, a very different game tone wise. His tone to me is a lot like the game where AA said he'd have 72 hours to get himself off the table, mixed with typical Gradiant anger.

                                That's not what's going on here in the early game, he's shit posting a lot more than what I'm remembering him doing.

                                Originally posted by FreezinIce
                                waoh this guy is against TRANSPARENCY
                                Stuff like this, fucking kills me.

                                His back and forth with Haku is actually really boring, and I can't say I'm a fan of it.

                                Originally posted by FreezinIce
                                I'll play along in large part because I feel bad for having subjected you to destructive criticism before and this new method seems promising at least on the surface.
                                What a boring reason, and tbh it doesn't seem too promising. Seems like a sound in the background that repeats at a set interval: annoying.

                                What the hell even is this:

                                Originally posted by FreezinIce
                                Please, i know your going to turn this into a tinfoil on me and I'm going to die. Why get my hopes up
                                Originally posted by FreezinIce
                                Dbp why are you voting for haku
                                Gross.

                                Originally posted by FreezinIce
                                Only thing weird about this is you're simultaneously voting him and demanding an explanation about his gameplay whole at the same time ignoring his posts

                                That's kind of wut tier


                                I wonder if you and I are on the same page at this point? I'm gonna stop there to see

                                Now onto the whole sunfam thing.

                                Originally posted by the sun fan
                                I should say that I am really surprised that roundbox is having such a strong reaction because this is basically what I do all the time

                                I get that you look for overt defensiveness all the time Manti, and its because its a good strat, but in this instance, I'd argue that I'm being more offensive than defensive here, because I know I'm not being weird, and I don't think I'm not being weird enough to give him this kind of willies
                                This post doesn't sit clean with me. And it's not from the first part of it involving roundbox, it's actually the "because I know I'm not being weird" because this actually doesn't feel like something you'd need to explain or say, and I don't recall often times where he does this.

                                I however don't think sunfam or you is wrong, and rather a middle ground is a little more relevant.

                                Asking for early votes isn't a wolfy thing because it's info and you're forcing wolves into creating a narrative they have to follow and stick to, which makes them easier to catch.

                                I also think that a wolf calling for this though is free and easy town points, and if everyone is voting, everyone has a narrative to create that he's opened the door and made them conscious of.

                                A little self meta here but it'll hopefully explain why I'm neutral on it.

                                I think as a wolf creating a narrative that is followed hard is a way to format your game, but I think it gets too stuck to and forces people into a corner.

                                and fuck the rest of it I'm tired.

                                I think your guys back and forth is an argument of semantics and I think you're both right, in the most basic terms.

                                But yes, his mixing of you and roundbox is pretty... Out there.

                                Comment

                                Working...