TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Gradiant
    FFR's Resident Trashpanda
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Sep 2012
    • 1100

    #196
    Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

    Originally posted by Celirra
    Do you also think I'm cute?
    Idk if you're my type, sorry.

    Also like how your response had nothing to do with what I said

    Comment

    • the sun fan
      FFR Player
      • Mar 2017
      • 658

      #197
      Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

      Originally posted by Xiz
      proxy's partner should decide
      I /think/ I agree, I think you mean Proxy should choose tho
      TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

      FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

      Comment

      • Xiz
        TWG Chaos
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Feb 2012
        • 3399

        #198
        Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

        seer should only follow seers heart

        Comment

        • the sun fan
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2017
          • 658

          #199
          Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

          Originally posted by Gradiant
          Idk if you're my type, sorry.
          yeah, you seem more into hunks than cuties
          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

          Comment

          • the sun fan
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2017
            • 658

            #200
            Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

            Originally posted by Xiz
            seer should only follow seers heart
            yeah, there we go
            TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

            FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

            Comment

            • Xiz
              TWG Chaos
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Feb 2012
              • 3399

              #201
              Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

              Quote Gradiant: "your not my type xiz"

              Comment

              • the sun fan
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2017
                • 658

                #202
                Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                Originally posted by Xiz
                Quote Gradiant: "your not my type xiz"
                yeah, you did lose a lot of that muscle
                TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                Comment

                • Gradiant
                  FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Sep 2012
                  • 1100

                  #203
                  Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                  Originally posted by Gradiant
                  Also like how your response had nothing to do with what I said
                  Clarifying this: Was at least thinking there'd be questioning of my thoughts when i just said 'i like this but i'll see later', but it was pushed off for shitposting. It's kind of building up why i like the vote on cel more.
                  Originally posted by the sun fan
                  yeah, you seem more into hunks than cuties
                  For just lookin yeah, gotta be realistic though
                  Originally posted by Xiz
                  Quote Gradiant: "your not my type xiz"
                  yeah, I don't like cubones. i actually like birds

                  Comment

                  • Gradiant
                    FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 1100

                    #204
                    Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                    Originally posted by Hakulyte
                    The idea of Friends vs Not Friends is to generate interactions. Honestly, it won't matter in the end which group you are in because this is not how wolves will be found.

                    The real evaluation starts after that where you check out if everyone is making independant plays and try to get the game in the same direction or if something weird happens.

                    It's literally individual thinking vs group thinking here and I think mixed with actions/intentions/meta etc. that this should be a good enough system to start making real reads.

                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                    You get to check if the player is trying to join the group and potentially sheep reads/be opportunistic or if they decide to refuse and keep playing independantly like you're doing. I think it's significant.

                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Yeah, the phase is supposed to develop with these awkward interactions and slowly get somewhere by itself. Depending on how conflicts are generated it should be possible to start figuring out intentions and get votes going around that.

                    @ (I'm your friend, but I think you're wrong because X,Y,Z and I would like you to consider the following)
                    vs
                    @ (I think you're scum because I don't like your playstyle etc.)

                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                    Sunfan is kinda weird and it's kind of funny that he wants to be my friend.

                    MML is not that weird. I won't be able to get a solid read on him until he gets more invested. I somehow missed that work was holding him back.

                    Celirra is null atm, but not particularly suspicious. He just likes playing weird for some reason and I'm expecting him to shift playstyle when he actually sees something relevant.

                    DBP is interesting because it's rare that I actually get scum read over something so small. So, I'm kind of curious of what he's doing and also of how he sees my play overall.

                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
                    Getting there. I know I have straightforward boring posts, but they do contain my entire game plan and intentions overall.
                    1) Interactions are already being done or made without the friends thing and you are certainly right that it's not how wolves are found (though i've already been saying this). 'Getting everybody in the same direction' while not caring whether you have wolves in your friends list is dangerous and screams leading to eventual agenda pushing

                    2) With this, you're not having people trying to join your group, you're asking people to join you. And you can look at people sheeping without doing all this shit (see opkiller latching onto people questioning rapta in the turbo, with op's flip then confirming rapta was a chosen). And then you say you can check if people are doing that with a friends list or doing that with what i just pointed out. What's the difference?

                    3) Nothing gets anywhere 'by itself'. You make pushes. You're not new to this game, you know how it works, don't be dumb. So now you have wolves in your friends list because you don't care where you're getting them and you're telling them to think of other possibilities if you think they're wrong rather than looking at what they're saying as means of scumtelling and getting possible interactions to find partners.

                    4) So those little reads things are because i asked what you got out of all of this shit so far and we've got that sunfan's a little weird, mml's not weird, cel's null, and dbp you're questioning because you think what he's been giving reasoning on was too small. All paired with noncommital stuff like 'yeah not weird but can't read him yet' or 'he plays weird but we'll have to see later'

                    5) Your posts are anything but straightforward. It's all jumping through hoops to get nothing when you can get info from just playing normally. So to me it looks like your gameplan is to not really play and get information and your intentions are to look like you're doing lots of work with something cool and unusual when you're actually just looking busy and that's it.

                    Comment

                    • Gradiant
                      FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Sep 2012
                      • 1100

                      #205
                      Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                      like sorry but god damn. You've played how many games now and watched how many games now and this is the stuff you're giving us. It's like you're trying to make me not like playing with you

                      Comment

                      • the sun fan
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2017
                        • 658

                        #206
                        Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                        alright, c'mon
                        TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                        FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                        Comment

                        • Celirra
                          FFR Player
                          • Apr 2015
                          • 749

                          #207
                          Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                          Been thinking about haku a bit (not in a lewd way or anything....!) and here's a quick summary:

                          1) I'm gonna drop the chess game because I have a hard time visualizing a chess board without it being right in front of me and I'll surely lose like this. We should play sometime for real though it'd be cool to have a second chess buddy.

                          2) so am I cute or not

                          3) I think this friends thing is a push to change your playstyle to get more people on board with what you're saying? From what I remember about the most recent turbo you got frustrated or down or whatever because you couldn't convince anyone to join your side, and I assume this is a strengthened attempt at this, almost akin to open pocketing I guess...? Not sure how I feel about it.

                          4) what should I eat for supper
                          ,,
                           ,_, -ー'"{
                           ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                           ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                          彡と} 猫.{つ

                          Comment

                          • Celirra
                            FFR Player
                            • Apr 2015
                            • 749

                            #208
                            Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                            Actually fuck it let's everyone name a friend of theirs in this game right now

                            My friend is Roundbox
                            ,,
                             ,_, -ー'"{
                             ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                             ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                            彡と} 猫.{つ

                            Comment

                            • Celirra
                              FFR Player
                              • Apr 2015
                              • 749

                              #209
                              Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                              I'm going to focus on Xiz for a second here to hopefully get him out of his shell and contribute (see: shitpost?) a bit more here

                              So far all his posts have been short, either quips or little mechanical tidbits, which has two worlds for me:

                              1) a town trying to observe, and ensure nobody is thinking wrongly (I'm leaning towards this world)
                              2) a wolf staying in the background while trying to contribute to obvious queries (less likely I'm feeling)

                              The thing is here, I'm thinking back to two Xiz games, one of which was the C9++ game with Xiz, in which he was very much all over the place and chatty and shitposty and such, and the fire emblem game, in which he was more laid back and reserved in a lot of ways I feel (at least comparatively).

                              Unfortunately, this is the extent of my anecdotal evidence, but basically in the game he was more rowdy and boisterous he ended up flipping town, while in the game he was more conservative with his posts he was a wolf. I'm curious how this will progress, also if anyone has any corrections to my anecdotal evidence I'm all ears (maybe one of these two games were an outlier, though the trend also follows with how he plays in ltwg).
                              ,,
                               ,_, -ー'"{
                               ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                               ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                              彡と} 猫.{つ

                              Comment

                              • Celirra
                                FFR Player
                                • Apr 2015
                                • 749

                                #210
                                Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                                So far the only real inactive I think is hateandhatred here, which is becoming a common thing for him sadly.

                                "Hey Celirra, what about Manti?"

                                I think Manti is just bad at d0 and doesn't much enjoy having fun, which is more of why he's inactive, and isn't so much alignment indicative. It isn't particularly for Hateandhatred either mind you, but at least Manti has an established reason in my mind.
                                ,,
                                 ,_, -ー'"{
                                 ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                                 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                                彡と} 猫.{つ

                                Comment

                                Working...