TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • XelNya
    [Kaho]
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Sep 2012
    • 3369

    #2206
    Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    why was lynching lar on d0 dumb to you?
    Nothing he said felt out of character, nor did it feel inherently scummy.

    It didn't give the vibe of our recent scum game together.

    Comment

    • blindreper1179
      Vice President Of TGB
      • Jun 2006
      • 5902

      #2207
      Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

      Originally posted by XelNya
      Nothing he said felt out of character, nor did it feel inherently scummy.

      It didn't give the vibe of our recent scum game together.
      How did it not? All I was reading was fire emblem Pt II. all over again.
      Originally posted by thesunfan
      absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
      Originally posted by choof
      It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
      Originally posted by choof
      whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
      Originally posted by Celirra
      I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

      Comment

      • XelNya
        [Kaho]
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Sep 2012
        • 3369

        #2208
        Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

        Originally posted by blindreper1179
        How did it not? All I was reading was fire emblem Pt II. all over again.
        My interpretation will be different than yours, this question of semantics isn't going to go anywhere. My way of reading him is a process rather than a set in stone d0 behavioral analysis.

        Take for example how some of you read me, as far as I can gather. I could be wrong but the idea still applies:

        Your reads of me typically base around my interest in the game, and how much effort I apply into it, and for some reason how fluff my posts feel. It's not a solid read you can gather on d0, you can get a sense of it to look out for it more or less, but you're not gonna have a solid d0 read on me with that pattern. This sort of pattern is something I look for on certain players: sunfam being the main one. Xiz being another one, and from last game, lar has been added to this list.

        I think they're all d0 candidates unless something stands out in any game.

        But I kinda feel like I know how this phase is going to go, and if it ends how I predict it will, we're gonna be down another town.

        Comment

        • XelNya
          [Kaho]
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Sep 2012
          • 3369

          #2209
          Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

          Not to say his lynch wasn't good work, because it really was. I was completely wrong in my mindset last day.

          Comment

          • XelNya
            [Kaho]
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Sep 2012
            • 3369

            #2210
            Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

            Originally posted by Hakulyte
            Xel seems to be into threatening remarks.

            Can you just accept that it was a meme as well ?
            I in fact, cannot.

            Comment

            • FreezinIce
              FFR Player
              • May 2005
              • 265

              #2211
              Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

              Originally posted by XelNya
              Nothing he said felt out of character, nor did it feel inherently scummy.

              It didn't give the vibe of our recent scum game together.
              4 things that in my mind stood out:

              Purposefully being pedantic on multiple occasions for no reason. Don't blame you for missing this, it's something you can only really notice if it's happening to you. Before you say that's how he always is, usually lar doesn't get into protracted arguments with his town reads for no reason.

              Keeping his options open, and not pursuing or developing reads. I called this out early, look back and you'll notice it never improved.

              Relatively weak game solving overall. Even if you disagree with his theories lar usually has some idea about what's going on. That was missing this game.

              The behavior he repeated of sunfan a few games ago where he tried to score town cred by being the voice of reason when someone was getting vote rushed. Again look back and note his reaction to me calling him out for it. He makes up a fictional sticking point and uses it to ignore me for most of the phase. That was the final nail in the coffin, at that point I was locked on him and every other vote I made was just reaction tests and posturing.
              ========

              To let the world be.

              ========

              Originally posted by Charu
              Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


              Originally posted by mellon_collie
              AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
              Originally posted by roundbox
              AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


              Originally posted by Afrobean
              Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
              Originally posted by Red
              My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
              Originally posted by TWG Ike
              SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

              Comment

              • Xiz
                TWG Chaos
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Feb 2012
                • 3399

                #2212
                Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                Originally posted by the sun fan
                I don't really know what you had the last read of mine as, I do think he's more townie than not but its not strong at all and you should probably not seriously let my read influence yours.
                Im not. I'm seeing where your head is.

                Last time I remembered you were gung-ho about him but now you think his play is improving, or at least there are others who are significantly more scummy to you then him.

                Comment

                • Xiz
                  TWG Chaos
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Feb 2012
                  • 3399

                  #2213
                  Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                  Originally posted by Makilaz
                  ...of note is that the constant xiz pressure is going to be a trend here

                  ...even more effortposting to point at xiz. ...

                  tl;dr - he's read the confirmed flips as scum at one point or another and i think that trend could continue with the unconfirmed ones
                  I never pointed this out, but this was another reason why I believed i was Edgeworthed. (I more thought this about Raeko over MML)

                  MML going after me for nothing the entire phase was weird, Raeko doing the same thing was weird as well.

                  You know I disregarded that I was Edgeworthed but now I'm going to live in that world again.

                  It would make sense that if this world existed, two of the three wolves would pressure me and the third would be like "yeah okay i guess xiz is scummy".

                  This is also why I believe InDheart is scum, fits that slot.

                  Sure this world only exists if that role exists so already it's at a low percentage, but I truly truly feel good with where my mind is with this right now.

                  I feel good about Ind/Raeko/MML as the entire wolf team. I'll look for the SK tomorrow, I'm goin with my GUT I HOPE IM NOT WRONG AGAIN LOL lets see if i can get at least 1 out of 5 reads correct.

                  Comment

                  • Xiz
                    TWG Chaos
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 3399

                    #2214
                    Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                    Originally posted by Makilaz
                    xiz
                    voted mml at first and then almost immediately switched to hnh, both at :00. this was the vote that forced the kitb, if i'm reading this correctly. not quite ready to change my read on this given the mml interactions, but seriously what is with you people and absolute last second votes
                    You seemed to have missed the post so I'll say it again.

                    Look at last page of EOD. I was fine with either wagons, but InD psyched me out at the last second stating that he belives MML has been Egdgeworthed. I got psyched out and swapped votes. I'm not proud of it, but it is what it is.

                    Comment

                    • Xiz
                      TWG Chaos
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 3399

                      #2215
                      Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                      Originally posted by FreezinIce
                      Why are you so fixated on this extremely improbable scenario
                      in b4 you say this about me

                      Comment

                      • Xiz
                        TWG Chaos
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Feb 2012
                        • 3399

                        #2216
                        Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                        Originally posted by FreezinIce
                        This is where I'm at aorn:

                        Suspicions broken into tier lists. Higher tiers will receive more scrutiny today.

                        Tier 1: mello / indheart

                        Tier 2: xiz

                        Tier 3: xel / makilaz

                        Tier X (most suspicious outside of hates wagon): WV

                        Lurker: lurker
                        Can you explain shortly of why you think mello/ind because I know you didnt come to the same conclusions as me.

                        Comment

                        • Makilaz
                          TWG Princess
                          • May 2006
                          • 1094

                          #2217
                          Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                          Originally posted by Xiz
                          You seemed to have missed the post so I'll say it again.

                          Look at last page of EOD. I was fine with either wagons, but InD psyched me out at the last second stating that he belives MML has been Egdgeworthed. I got psyched out and swapped votes. I'm not proud of it, but it is what it is.
                          i did miss that post, thanks for the explanation

                          Comment

                          • Wayward Vagabond
                            Confirmed Heartbreaker
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jul 2012
                            • 5866

                            #2218
                            Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                            Leaving for California right now. See you guys on the other side

                            Comment

                            • Makilaz
                              TWG Princess
                              • May 2006
                              • 1094

                              #2219
                              Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                              Originally posted by the sun fan
                              I mean, I guess I see how you're confused, but these tell the story I wanted them to at the time.

                              I thought he was a bad lynch, said so.
                              I said that I wouldn't be terribly upset if he died, though. Basically I'm saying that we could do worse.
                              I voted sven because I preferred killing him over Lar and I had to choose between the two, and I didn't want to kill Lar.
                              this is why i probably shouldn't do effortposts at 1am. it seemed off to me at the time re-reading it not so much anymore

                              Comment

                              • Xiz
                                TWG Chaos
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Feb 2012
                                • 3399

                                #2220
                                Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                                I like your vote wv so thx for not leaving it as no vote

                                gl have fun

                                Comment

                                Working...