TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • the sun fan
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2017
    • 658

    #2131
    Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

    a pleasant surprise*
    TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

    FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

    Comment

    • the sun fan
      FFR Player
      • Mar 2017
      • 658

      #2132
      Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

      Originally posted by Hakulyte
      If you're a wolf, you will not get NK'd and the SK will probably want to target a town and will avoid you. This is what is the most dangerous by far.

      I can see you getting far in the game as wolf because the NK will never be on you and the SK will just keep sniping townies slowly and you can be like "I have no idea why I'm still alive" over and over.


      So.. I guess you being alive depends on the premise of your role eventually getting information that changes the game.
      This is not what the SK would do in almost every world if they thought I was a wolf, they'd blast my ass.
      TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

      FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

      Comment

      • the sun fan
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2017
        • 658

        #2133
        Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

        Essentially, I agree with you Haku. It seriously emotionally pained me to make the post where I claimed, and I almost didn't post it more than once because I was trying to psych myself up to reread the thread despite very limited time, but I'm just not able to do that this phase. I can't work my way up with reads/progression, which I do agree would be ideal, because of the time limitation.

        I can't defend myself well enough partially because of the time limitation and partly because of the nature of people pushing on me as well as their case.

        It SHOULD look bad for me that I was voting the person that KitB'd that is almost certainly not a wolf, I HAVE been playing kind of awkwardly (tbh rolling PR is probably the worst thing that could've happened to me; but w/e), so I guess for the last time since I kind of hate repeating the same phrase, but it really was a perfect storm.

        I've never claimed like this, and it sucks. I've hurt town's chances of winning by being forced to claim in a situation like this. TBH, I probably won't remember this game fondly, and 95% of that is entirely my fault.

        Again, I get what youu're saying, its basically all stuff that I was saying to myself before I considered claiming (sans the stuff from the wolf perspective for obv reasons).
        TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

        FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

        Comment

        • the sun fan
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2017
          • 658

          #2134
          Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

          given the time that I have I should probably redo reads if I can, so I'm gonna try to ISO Manti
          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

          Comment

          • FreezinIce
            FFR Player
            • May 2005
            • 265

            #2135
            Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

            Let me preface this by saying that my big post was mostly what sunfan ended up saying in his post. Let me summarize what I was going to say.

            Wolves have 2 main goals.

            Kill blues
            Survive as long as possible.

            Sunfans claim runs counter to both these goals if he's scum. It makes blue hunting counter productive for him because the next blue that dies will cause him to out himself if he fake claimed. It puts an experation date on himself and brings his long term survival in question because we have a serial killer.

            Overall it's a desperate and futile play that I would never see sunfan making as scum.
            ========

            To let the world be.

            ========

            Originally posted by Charu
            Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


            Originally posted by mellon_collie
            AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
            Originally posted by roundbox
            AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


            Originally posted by Afrobean
            Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
            Originally posted by Red
            My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
            Originally posted by TWG Ike
            SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

            Comment

            • blindreper1179
              Vice President Of TGB
              • Jun 2006
              • 5902

              #2136
              Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

              Originally posted by lurker
              it was vigi not SK
              i know because the person who "obviously" got vig killed was me (FUCK YOU BLIND)
              Love you too bby. <3
              Originally posted by thesunfan
              absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
              Originally posted by choof
              It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
              Originally posted by choof
              whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
              Originally posted by Celirra
              I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

              Comment

              • Hakulyte
                aka Haku
                • Jul 2005
                • 4697

                #2137
                Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                I also have a hard time understanding that PR claim vs a full PR claim.

                The roleblocker is out of the game, but if SK is unstoppable instead of vest, this could be your last day as town.

                Therefore ???



                @FreezinIce

                If Sunfan didn't claim he was very likely to get lynched anyway.

                This is technically what's keeping him alive right now.

                I think Sunfan claiming here as wolf expand his life in the game and it can make the other PRs potentially claim because they may think Sunfan is fake.

                Comment

                • FreezinIce
                  FFR Player
                  • May 2005
                  • 265

                  #2138
                  Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                  So it's time for everyone to stop tinfoiling on if sunfan is scum or not because the odds are overwhelmingly in favor of sunfan being legit, and it's something that will sort itself out eventually anyways.

                  It seems to be a theme that people have a hard time getting caught up favoring an obviously unlikely outcome.

                  Spend that energy elsewhere, sunfan being clear makes finding a good target on hates wagon even easier, which is something I plan on doing later, and I encourage everyone else to do the same.
                  ========

                  To let the world be.

                  ========

                  Originally posted by Charu
                  Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                  Originally posted by mellon_collie
                  AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                  Originally posted by roundbox
                  AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                  Originally posted by Afrobean
                  Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                  Originally posted by Red
                  My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                  Originally posted by TWG Ike
                  SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                  Comment

                  • lurker
                    ur worst nitemare
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jan 2003
                    • 1628

                    #2139
                    Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                    Originally posted by Hakulyte
                    Town:

                    lurker
                    XelNya
                    MML
                    Makilaz
                    Sanzath
                    thesunfan
                    Hakulyte
                    wayward vagabond
                    blindreper
                    DarkManticoreX2
                    mellonxcollie
                    MixMasterLar
                    Xiz


                    Wolf:

                    Hateandhatred
                    FreezinIce
                    flashflash account

                    SK:

                    inDheart
                    Originally posted by Hakulyte
                    The joke is that there's no way I have 3 wolves + 5 townies solved at this point.

                    I think you're just making me post this to dodge talking about what I quoted from you.
                    aite so between this and the whole "fourth wolf" thing this tells me two things:
                    first, that haku has no shame in shitposting for no good reason (this was a response to flash for fucks sake)
                    second, that haku has a painfully loose definition of the word "joke"
                    while likely coincidental, i think it is worth noting that his three wolf reads at this point were, in order, a hard VT claim, a hard blue claim, and a dead VT

                    Originally posted by Hakulyte
                    Steam Summer Sale kinda ruined my attention so far with this game.
                    laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

                    Originally posted by Hakulyte
                    I think we should lynch DarkManticoreX2 because he's still alive.
                    again, probably coincidental, but indh ended up making this read in his first "serious" post and i don't think anyone talked about manti being possible scum before this

                    Originally posted by Hakulyte
                    I think you should PR hunt the red PRs only if that's even a thing in this setup.
                    okay, this one is hard
                    this could be considered a dumbtell as decidedly not red because every red in this setup has a PR of some kind
                    however (and i'm gonna hate saying this) if there were no reds with pregame actions he might have legitimately thought this as a red himself
                    i don't think that's as likely though, so my main concern is whether or not he is SK

                    then we have haku's red PR guide which, well...
                    Originally posted by Hakulyte
                    PR hunting a Manfred von Karma pretty much starts Day 1. Note that0 we have full role flips so if someone flips red as VT or PR it's going to be obvious it's fake.
                    obvious misunderstanding of the role he just fakeclaimed

                    Originally posted by Hakulyte
                    This game has no VW so they cannot get away with saying town lynched a wolf.
                    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

                    Originally posted by Hakulyte
                    Like fmpov you could be a nice Manfred Von Karma for targeting sunfan over the name of team québec.
                    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

                    Originally posted by Hakulyte
                    Why is inDheart lock town for you?
                    Why is Makilaz scummy for you?
                    gonna keep this for reference

                    i got bored lol i think haku is strangely tunnel-ly even with him being upfront about it
                    some feathery f**k

                    Comment

                    • the sun fan
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2017
                      • 658

                      #2140
                      Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                      Haku, if a PR claims hoping for their claim to kill me, it would literally be one of the worst plays I've ever seen. It would accomplish literally nothing. Here is a summary of what happens:

                      Player A: I claim role x, I think sunfan is not real here, if there is another role out there, please claim so we can lynch sunfan.

                      *twenty hours of crickets chirping*

                      Player A: Well shit.

                      Spending a longer time alive in the case that I'm a wolf only really means something if I get to live to the end of the game, which as Freezin corroborated, is the exact opposite of what my claim accomplishes.
                      TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                      FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                      Comment

                      • the sun fan
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2017
                        • 658

                        #2141
                        Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                        Originally posted by FreezinIce
                        So it's time for everyone to stop tinfoiling on if sunfan is scum or not because the odds are overwhelmingly in favor of sunfan being legit, and it's something that will sort itself out eventually anyways.

                        It seems to be a theme that people have a hard time getting caught up favoring an obviously unlikely outcome.

                        Spend that energy elsewhere, sunfan being clear makes finding a good target on hates wagon even easier, which is something I plan on doing later, and I encourage everyone else to do the same.
                        thanks, these posts are seriously appreciated btw. I know they have more weight coming from your mouth compared to mine given the current setting of the game.
                        TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                        FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                        Comment

                        • FreezinIce
                          FFR Player
                          • May 2005
                          • 265

                          #2142
                          Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                          Originally posted by Hakulyte
                          I also have a hard time understanding that PR claim vs a full PR claim.

                          The roleblocker is out of the game, but if SK is unstoppable instead of vest, this could be your last day as town.

                          Therefore ???



                          @FreezinIce

                          If Sunfan didn't claim he was very likely to get lynched anyway.

                          This is technically what's keeping him alive right now.

                          I think Sunfan claiming here as wolf expand his life in the game and it can make the other PRs potentially claim because they may think Sunfan is fake.
                          Read my new post. If you still think this, I'll personally address your points
                          ========

                          To let the world be.

                          ========

                          Originally posted by Charu
                          Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                          Originally posted by mellon_collie
                          AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                          Originally posted by roundbox
                          AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                          Originally posted by Afrobean
                          Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                          Originally posted by Red
                          My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                          Originally posted by TWG Ike
                          SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                          Comment

                          • the sun fan
                            FFR Player
                            • Mar 2017
                            • 658

                            #2143
                            Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                            never really got around to isoing Manti and I gotta go now
                            if I have enough time later, I'll do that first, and I def need to iso lurker and WV offf the top of my head as well
                            TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                            FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                            Comment

                            • Wayward Vagabond
                              Confirmed Heartbreaker
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jul 2012
                              • 5866

                              #2144
                              Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                              Enjoy my shitposts

                              Comment

                              • Hakulyte
                                aka Haku
                                • Jul 2005
                                • 4697

                                #2145
                                Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                                @Lurker
                                Originally posted by Hakulyte
                                Worthless list.
                                I want you to realize that I'm trolling back FFA with that list because this is around when he said a bunch of things like X,Y,Z player is town/scummy etc. without explanation.

                                Here's my real read list:
                                Originally posted by Hakulyte
                                Revisited thread and here is where I am.

                                My top 3 scum moved to Sunfan/Makilaz/Xiz(could be SK too). I think 3rd wolf could be MML, but I want to see more of his posts before getting into that.

                                Same story with multiple other players because I don't want them to adapt their game around me.


                                --------

                                FreezinIce is like a continuation of the Fire Emblem: Awakening game. I'm giving him a "pure" town read.
                                .
                                Flashflash account is doing his normal town game which I kinda dislike this time because of playstyle preferences, but I have little to no reason to doubt he's town.

                                XelNya's tone feels towny enough for me to not have him being a concern for D0.

                                Sanzath feels towny enough for now even if entrance was kinda weak.

                                Hateandhatred is pretty much acting the same as in jTWG where he was town.

                                Sunfan being the top poster with this little content is a big red flag for me. I really hope you switch gears soon if town.

                                Makilaz gives me vibes of being a potential wolf partner with Sunfan.

                                I think Xiz is either wolf or SK because his SK call makes little to no sense as town.

                                Storn is probably town with the wrong idea on me.

                                Manti/Raeko(mello) are both low content and I don't really have a read on them at this point.

                                Wayward Vagabond looks like a town who baited a bit. (hard claim vigi) etc.

                                I have MML as Null leaning scum, but I'd rather wait a bit more to see where he is with reads because I wonder where he is with his own game. I also thought that it was weird he wanted Makilaz to have a pass over a picture.

                                inDheart is Null / leaning town. I hope to eventually see more talk and less pictures, but it's D0 and I guess he's subtlely keeping up with everything so, he's more of a "wait and see".

                                lurker's posts felt pretty organic overall and I'm cool with giving him a pass D0.

                                I kind of like blindreper's first few posts and I think that's more towny than not. Just hoping to see more eventually, but not a concern D0 for me.

                                Comment

                                Working...