TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FreezinIce
    FFR Player
    • May 2005
    • 265

    #2116
    Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

    Well I made a big post then accidently navigated away from the page and lost it.

    Sad
    ========

    To let the world be.

    ========

    Originally posted by Charu
    Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
    Originally posted by roundbox
    AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


    Originally posted by Afrobean
    Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
    Originally posted by Red
    My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
    Originally posted by TWG Ike
    SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

    Comment

    • FreezinIce
      FFR Player
      • May 2005
      • 265

      #2117
      Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

      I'll try to remake it later, or a least summarize it
      ========

      To let the world be.

      ========

      Originally posted by Charu
      Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


      Originally posted by mellon_collie
      AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
      Originally posted by roundbox
      AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


      Originally posted by Afrobean
      Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
      Originally posted by Red
      My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
      Originally posted by TWG Ike
      SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

      Comment

      • the sun fan
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2017
        • 658

        #2118
        Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

        to say something that Amazon said last game, H&H

        wolves kill people posting like sanzath
        serial killers kill people posting like storn

        its about 60% of what he said.

        Lets say, hypothetically, I am a wolf fakeclaiming a role here. Two roles outing to kill a wolf is not a good trade for town. Firstly, it doesn't confirm that I am lying, it just confirms that someone is lying. Secondly, its not a good trade numerically, it gives the last 2 wolves and the sk prime nightkill targets, as well as eliminating two valuable town players for one potentially valuable wolf player.

        Also, again hypothetically, if I am fake, then I will continue to live through the night (unless the SK doubts me for some strange reason or something), in which case either through flips or claims or a combination thereof, it would become readily apparent that I am fakeclaiming. Its not something that would need to be dealt with right now because I would have to continue to live a long-ass time in order to get away with this as a wolf, and that kind of thing just rarely gets pulled off by wolves, and usually its because town plays bad rather than the fakeclaiming wolf playing well.

        I get the paranoia from you here, but its unfounded. There is not going to be 2 other role claims almost certainly, it would just be a shit-tier play for a wolf to trade themself for myself, and I would be pretty happy if that happened.

        I guess to talk a bit more about why I think sanzath was wolfkilled and storn was killed by the sk, storn wasn't widely townread whereas sanzath was pretty townread towards the end of the phase, meaning that storn is a potential mislynch. Storn is a person that the wolves could have potentially mislynched, and there wasn't really anything there pointing towards or against him being a role iirc. Wolves rarely kill potential mislynch targets because its just dumb to do that, especially on the first night, which is the night killing power roles is best for the wolves.

        Now, I don't think this is smart, but what I would guess happened is that the wolves looked at Sanzath's frustration at being pushed on, and incorrectly concluded that he was potentially a power role from the frustration (again, I think its dumb, but it feels like its what happened).

        storn just makes sense as an SK kill given how he was read. Also, there is the thing Haku pointed out about Xiz killing his townreads as SK, but that's only a very minor thing.
        TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

        FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

        Comment

        • the sun fan
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2017
          • 658

          #2119
          Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

          Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
          the pride post, your posting in general and blue claim remind me of the last turbo. there isnt anything solid about why i don't like it and its more paranoia i guess.
          I guess I see this?

          Look at the difference here.

          Last game, it was a claim to win the game.

          This game, its a claim to give town more information and help town move forward. This plan is basically suicidal as a wolf, considering the last 2 wolves would become a single wolf if I was fake, which is almost unwinnable for the wolves at this stage of the game.
          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

          Comment

          • the sun fan
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2017
            • 658

            #2120
            Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

            the pride part is basically always there, WV.
            TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

            FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

            Comment

            • blindreper1179
              Vice President Of TGB
              • Jun 2006
              • 5902

              #2121
              Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

              Sun is usually full of himself, in a good way though.
              Originally posted by thesunfan
              absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
              Originally posted by choof
              It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
              Originally posted by choof
              whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
              Originally posted by Celirra
              I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

              Comment

              • the sun fan
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2017
                • 658

                #2122
                Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                Originally posted by Hateandhatred
                Screw you man, if I think about it, suggesting that "the other PR shouldn't claim" sounds bs. If one more claimed and there was another PR left, we would find out and frame you.

                Also why have you insisted twice that the wolf kill MUST be sanz? Once in your read list, and not long ago when you said it is a bad kill. This is not an accusation, but its an element that stands out to me, so people can discuss this.
                I smell a Sven Plan forming.
                Please don't form a Sven Plan about this lmao.
                TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                Comment

                • Wayward Vagabond
                  Confirmed Heartbreaker
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jul 2012
                  • 5866

                  #2123
                  Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                  Originally posted by the sun fan
                  I guess I see this?

                  Look at the difference here.

                  Last game, it was a claim to win the game.

                  This game, its a claim to give town more information and help town move forward. This plan is basically suicidal as a wolf, considering the last 2 wolves would become a single wolf if I was fake, which is almost unwinnable for the wolves at this stage of the game.
                  Yeah that's why I said it was more paranoia than anything else. It's like saying I don't like sleeping in the dark because ghosts. If I had any substantial reason to not believe you I'd have said it. I'm just giving my thoughts on things as they come

                  Comment

                  • Wayward Vagabond
                    Confirmed Heartbreaker
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jul 2012
                    • 5866

                    #2124
                    Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                    This is also my second game with you so I don't have prior experience to go off of

                    Comment

                    • Hateandhatred
                      "The Quebec Steparatist."
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Feb 2011
                      • 1974

                      #2125
                      Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                      Originally posted by the sun fan
                      to say something that Amazon said last game, H&H

                      wolves kill people posting like sanzath
                      serial killers kill people posting like storn

                      its about 60% of what he said.

                      Lets say, hypothetically, I am a wolf fakeclaiming a role here. Two roles outing to kill a wolf is not a good trade for town. Firstly, it doesn't confirm that I am lying, it just confirms that someone is lying. Secondly, its not a good trade numerically, it gives the last 2 wolves and the sk prime nightkill targets, as well as eliminating two valuable town players for one potentially valuable wolf player.

                      Also, again hypothetically, if I am fake, then I will continue to live through the night (unless the SK doubts me for some strange reason or something), in which case either through flips or claims or a combination thereof, it would become readily apparent that I am fakeclaiming. Its not something that would need to be dealt with right now because I would have to continue to live a long-ass time in order to get away with this as a wolf, and that kind of thing just rarely gets pulled off by wolves, and usually its because town plays bad rather than the fakeclaiming wolf playing well.

                      I get the paranoia from you here, but its unfounded. There is not going to be 2 other role claims almost certainly, it would just be a shit-tier play for a wolf to trade themself for myself, and I would be pretty happy if that happened.

                      I guess to talk a bit more about why I think sanzath was wolfkilled and storn was killed by the sk, storn wasn't widely townread whereas sanzath was pretty townread towards the end of the phase, meaning that storn is a potential mislynch. Storn is a person that the wolves could have potentially mislynched, and there wasn't really anything there pointing towards or against him being a role iirc. Wolves rarely kill potential mislynch targets because its just dumb to do that, especially on the first night, which is the night killing power roles is best for the wolves.

                      Now, I don't think this is smart, but what I would guess happened is that the wolves looked at Sanzath's frustration at being pushed on, and incorrectly concluded that he was potentially a power role from the frustration (again, I think its dumb, but it feels like its what happened).

                      storn just makes sense as an SK kill given how he was read. Also, there is the thing Haku pointed out about Xiz killing his townreads as SK, but that's only a very minor thing.
                      Well that is fair enough, however I really want to hear what everyone thinks about this

                      I also think we should talk a little more about the SK. This is something wolves could technically also constribute to, and while I know Xiz is a prime SK suspect, we need development on the role I think.

                      On a sidenote, dad was released from the hospital today and is fine. I'm also off now due to a Billy Talent gig near my workplace, which means I'll be busy until the morning.
                      Forgot where I put my old sig lol

                      Comment

                      • Hateandhatred
                        "The Quebec Steparatist."
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Feb 2011
                        • 1974

                        #2126
                        Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                        Originally posted by the sun fan
                        I smell a Sven Plan forming.
                        Please don't form a Sven Plan about this lmao.
                        soon.
                        Forgot where I put my old sig lol

                        Comment

                        • Hakulyte
                          aka Haku
                          • Jul 2005
                          • 4697

                          #2127
                          Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                          @Sunfan

                          The idea of : "I want town credibility, but I want to remain a ~mysterious~ PR while still convincing you guys that I'm town."

                          smh

                          Why not just.. not even claim and work your way up with reads / progression etc. ?


                          I'm really confused about what made you post that in the first place because I feel like it's a risky play that wasn't necessary.

                          Having nothing to add on the table in terms of new information makes it suspicious as well. Even night actions that gave nothing is information.

                          You're also going to be at risk of a NK just because you claimed PR. It's not like wolves have anything better to lynch outside of like maybe the SK.

                          I feel like the Harry Potter part can be faked, but that may be just me being stubborn.

                          I think you're claiming PR like this in hope the SK think you're a wolf and target someone else.


                          tl;dr: I just don't like your claim regardless of alignment because I still feel like you had other options at this point.

                          If you're a wolf, you will not get NK'd and the SK will probably want to target a town and will avoid you. This is what is the most dangerous by far.

                          I can see you getting far in the game as wolf because the NK will never be on you and the SK will just keep sniping townies slowly and you can be like "I have no idea why I'm still alive" over and over.


                          So.. I guess you being alive depends on the premise of your role eventually getting information that changes the game.

                          Comment

                          • lurker
                            ur worst nitemare
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jan 2003
                            • 1628

                            #2128
                            Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                            Originally posted by the sun fan
                            to say something that Amazon said last game, H&H

                            wolves kill people posting like sanzath
                            serial killers kill people posting like storn

                            its about 60% of what he said.
                            it was vigi not SK
                            i know because the person who "obviously" got vig killed was me (FUCK YOU BLIND)
                            some feathery f**k

                            Comment

                            • the sun fan
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2017
                              • 658

                              #2129
                              Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                              Originally posted by lurker
                              it was vigi not SK
                              i know because the person who "obviously" got vig killed was me (FUCK YOU BLIND)
                              I know, that's why I said it was about 60% of what he said
                              TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                              FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                              Comment

                              • the sun fan
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2017
                                • 658

                                #2130
                                Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

                                Originally posted by Hakulyte
                                @Sunfan

                                The idea of : "I want town credibility, but I want to remain a ~mysterious~ PR while still convincing you guys that I'm town."

                                smh

                                Why not just.. not even claim and work your way up with reads / progression etc. ?

                                Because I don't have enough time to clear myself from people scumreading me like u and blind who are very persistent and would basically only be convinced by a claim like this.

                                Like I said, it was a perfect storm, I didn't even think I would be posting anymore tonight, so this is a pleasant
                                TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                                FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                                Comment

                                Working...