jTWG LXVIII: I'll Matrix 6 you into bird stuff CHARU [Game Thread]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • blindreper1179
    Vice President Of TGB
    • Jun 2006
    • 5902

    #466
    Re: jTWG LXVIII: I'll Matrix 6 you into bird stuff CHARU [Game Thread]

    Originally posted by Jtehanonymous
    I look forward to them. I reread some of the drunken posts I made last night and cringed.



    I feel as a wolf, this creates the least amount of backlash while killing someone who had at least a modicum of suspicion on them. I'll be the first to admit it, but really the ONLY people who voted for Windows at one point were you and I. If anything, that does make us look a little bad.

    If the wolves killed you or blanky, they remove a huge target from the game and I don't think wolves would want to do something that early. They need some targets to hang around to have more places to hide.

    If you and blanky are still active and still going for one another, in their eyes that gives them another round. In this way, I see the merits of them killing WindowsME...



    What I'd really like to do now is go investigate ALL the possible roles in that matrix and bring up an idea of things that could've possibly happened last night. For example, the jail person would be a very interesting role because they potentially (33% chance they are in this game?) locked up someone last night, but that person was neither a wolf OR a target since we still have our plain ol' green kill.
    This post
    Originally posted by thesunfan
    absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
    Originally posted by choof
    It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
    Originally posted by choof
    whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
    Originally posted by Celirra
    I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

    Comment

    • blindreper1179
      Vice President Of TGB
      • Jun 2006
      • 5902

      #467
      Re: jTWG LXVIII: I'll Matrix 6 you into bird stuff CHARU [Game Thread]

      Well, imo the best is any without mafia roleblocker.
      Originally posted by thesunfan
      absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
      Originally posted by choof
      It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
      Originally posted by choof
      whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
      Originally posted by Celirra
      I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

      Comment

      • choof
        Banned
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Nov 2013
        • 8563

        #468
        Re: jTWG LXVIII: I'll Matrix 6 you into bird stuff CHARU [Game Thread]

        lmao I didn't even see that post. This is what I get for drinking at the start of a day phase.
        Okay, yeah, I see what jteh is getting at.

        Comment

        • choof
          Banned
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Nov 2013
          • 8563

          #469
          Re: jTWG LXVIII: I'll Matrix 6 you into bird stuff CHARU [Game Thread]

          Originally posted by blindreper1179
          Well, imo the best is any without mafia roleblocker.
          I don't know about that. While mafia roleblocker is a strong role, it's balanced by either a jailkeeper and bulletproof, or a cop and doctor.

          We all know that seer is a really good role, and reading into the description of bulletproof, it also seems to be a really good role. Jailkeeper and doctor are both pretty weak roles, imo. Jailkeeper works like doctor does (blocks the target from kills), but it also blocks the target from using their role. Doctor keeps a target alive if they were targeted by mafia.

          Comment

          • benguino
            Kawaii Desu Ne?
            • Dec 2007
            • 4190

            #470
            Re: jTWG LXVIII: I'll Matrix 6 you into bird stuff CHARU [Game Thread]

            Isn't mafia goon the mafia equivalent of vanilla townie though?
            AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


            Originally posted by Spenner
            (^)> peck peck says the heels
            Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
            And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
            Originally posted by Zakvvv666
            awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

            Comment

            • benguino
              Kawaii Desu Ne?
              • Dec 2007
              • 4190

              #471
              Re: jTWG LXVIII: I'll Matrix 6 you into bird stuff CHARU [Game Thread]

              What I said was in reply to choof's "mafia gets a strong role"
              AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


              Originally posted by Spenner
              (^)> peck peck says the heels
              Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
              And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
              Originally posted by Zakvvv666
              awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

              Comment

              • choof
                Banned
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Nov 2013
                • 8563

                #472
                Re: jTWG LXVIII: I'll Matrix 6 you into bird stuff CHARU [Game Thread]

                I was typing up a post that contained a drunken analysis of the setups but there's really no way to do an solid analysis with no information. Although, I'll say that the jailkeeper would be a really weak role in row 1.

                Comment

                • choof
                  Banned
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Nov 2013
                  • 8563

                  #473
                  Re: jTWG LXVIII: I'll Matrix 6 you into bird stuff CHARU [Game Thread]

                  Originally posted by reuben_tate
                  Isn't mafia goon the mafia equivalent of vanilla townie though?
                  Yeah. Blind was saying that setups including the mafia roleblocker are the worst, which I don't necessarily agree with.

                  Comment

                  • choof
                    Banned
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Nov 2013
                    • 8563

                    #474
                    Re: jTWG LXVIII: I'll Matrix 6 you into bird stuff CHARU [Game Thread]

                    I'd like some clarification. If a jailkeeper targets someone with a role, do they also find out what role their target has?

                    Comment

                    • choof
                      Banned
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Nov 2013
                      • 8563

                      #475
                      Re: jTWG LXVIII: I'll Matrix 6 you into bird stuff CHARU [Game Thread]

                      Has been tentatively clarified, jailkeeper doesn't find out roles.

                      Comment

                      • Jtehanonymous
                        Hunger Games Hunty
                        • Jan 2007
                        • 3770

                        #476
                        Re: jTWG LXVIII: I'll Matrix 6 you into bird stuff CHARU [Game Thread]

                        if no deaths occurred after the evening, the most the jailkeeper would know is: "Welp I blocked the wolf or I saved the target. Don't know which one though"

                        So yeah, in my mind it's not too powerful of a role.

                        Comment

                        • choof
                          Banned
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Nov 2013
                          • 8563

                          #477
                          Re: jTWG LXVIII: I'll Matrix 6 you into bird stuff CHARU [Game Thread]

                          Yeah, that's exactly what I thought. In order to get any good information out of that role, the jailkeeper would need to post their targets, gauge the target's reactions, and use their reactions to make a case for a lynch. It might be a great role for late game, but I'd still say that row 1 would be the worst setup.

                          Comment

                          • benguino
                            Kawaii Desu Ne?
                            • Dec 2007
                            • 4190

                            #478
                            Re: jTWG LXVIII: I'll Matrix 6 you into bird stuff CHARU [Game Thread]

                            Since we are on the topic of roles, this is the information the roles may possibly have:

                            -jailkeeper:
                            --If the jailkeeper targeted windows, then that would imply that the jailkeeper knows that there exists a roleblocker that blocked him.
                            --It's important for the jailkeeper to realize that targeting the mafia doesn't guarantee that the night kill won't occur since it might be the case that the other mafia member decides to go in for the kill.

                            -cop:
                            --Either they know one person is town, or that one person is mafia, or that they know a mafia roleblocker exists if they get no result.

                            -doctor:
                            --like the jailkeeper, if they targeted windows then the doctor knows that there exist roleblocker that blocked him

                            -tracker:
                            -If the tracker targets X and if they found at that X targeted windows, then they know X is mafia.
                            -If the tracker targets X and if they found at that X targeted someone other than windows, then they know that X is doctor. Also, they would know the roles are all from column 3.

                            Originally posted by choof
                            There would be one exception to this and it would be if the tracker came out. Not only would this guarantee that the mafia doesn't have a roleblocker, but it would tell the villagers that we either have a doctor or a bulletproof.
                            If we do have a tracker, don't you think that it would be a bit too early in the game for them to come out, especially if they lack any current information?
                            AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


                            Originally posted by Spenner
                            (^)> peck peck says the heels
                            Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                            And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
                            Originally posted by Zakvvv666
                            awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

                            Comment

                            • benguino
                              Kawaii Desu Ne?
                              • Dec 2007
                              • 4190

                              #479
                              Re: jTWG LXVIII: I'll Matrix 6 you into bird stuff CHARU [Game Thread]

                              "found out"* not "found at"

                              lol, that was a terrible typo...that I made twice.
                              AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


                              Originally posted by Spenner
                              (^)> peck peck says the heels
                              Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                              And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
                              Originally posted by Zakvvv666
                              awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

                              Comment

                              • choof
                                Banned
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Nov 2013
                                • 8563

                                #480
                                Re: jTWG LXVIII: I'll Matrix 6 you into bird stuff CHARU [Game Thread]

                                Originally posted by reuben_tate
                                If we do have a tracker, don't you think that it would be a bit too early in the game for them to come out, especially if they lack any current information?
                                yes, the post you quoted was before I actually read posts completely lol.

                                Comment

                                Working...