TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DaBackpack
    ~ お ま ん こ ~
    • Mar 2014
    • 918

    #961
    Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    DBP that's bullshit.
    I want to win this fucking game like the rest of us, and I've come to the conclusion that if I behave in a way similar to my last few games I'm working against my win condition. Rational thinking, probably not, but at the end of the day I've decided I'm tired of feeling like shit when situations like what literally happened last EoD happen and leaving with the feeling that I messed up the game for others

    I'm not gonna stop giving reads and trying to solve the game but I'm not going to be a fucking hero about it

    Please reread my posts tonight and make sure you understand that I'm not asking you to give up your reads, I'm asking you to not give up on thinking in favor of validating your own read about a specific data point.


    Originally posted by Moogy
    no one cares
    Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
    there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
    that's kind of a sad statistic

    Comment

    • MixMasterLar
      Beach Bum Extraordinaire
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2006
      • 5401

      #962
      Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

      Ok I see the storn vote that's good stuff.


      Originally posted by DaBackpack
      do you think he should claim today? he said that he only said the "claim" thing yesterday is because he had to leave and might not be back in time to defend himself if the current momentum kept up.

      it sounds like you're suggesting that the only resolution is to force a claim out of him, is this right?
      I don't need a full claim, I need something. When asked for something he claimed to get out of it. And now that he needs to owe up to it he's backtracking to get out of it

      If he wants to convince me that he's working pro-town without the claim he's free to try but he's forfeited his right to do so under a no-to-mild pressure environment as far as I'm concerned.

      I think he saw pressure and knew he could fake claim for a free phrase, because otherwise he should be dropping hints on what he's actually accomplished right now

      And I know he said something absurd about maybe Bolth was random killed and wolves where blocked but it read as not serious and the way he's walking shit back that don't count unless he states it plainly.

      I don't need a full claim, I need someting.
      ​

      Comment

      • Shadow_God_10
        Somewhere, but not here
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2006
        • 2227

        #963
        Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

        Speaking of reads: DBP I want your takes.on people, mentioned earlier but I don't want it to be missed and lost

        Originally posted by Svaz
        more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
        Originally posted by mellon_collie
        TIL women have breasts because of horniness
        Originally posted by bugkid666
        sunfan I fucked up
        Originally posted by MixMasterLar
        Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

        Originally posted by Funnygurl555
        your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
        Originally posted by DaBackpack
        might quit having sex every day and focus more on shooting myself in the testicles with an elephant gun

        Comment

        • Shadow_God_10
          Somewhere, but not here
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Mar 2006
          • 2227

          #964
          Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
          Ok I see the storn vote that's good stuff.




          I don't need a full claim, I need something. When asked for something he claimed to get out of it. And now that he needs to owe up to it he's backtracking to get out of it

          If he wants to convince me that he's working pro-town without the claim he's free to try but he's forfeited his right to do so under a no-to-mild pressure environment as far as I'm concerned.

          I think he saw pressure and knew he could fake claim for a free phrase, because otherwise he should be dropping hints on what he's actually accomplished right now

          And I know he said something absurd about maybe Bolth was random killed and wolves where blocked but it read as not serious and the way he's walking shit back that don't count unless he states it plainly.

          I don't need a full claim, I need someting.
          Are we talking about Haku here?.if so his question about blue and green flips either makes me feel better on the grounds that it was honest or scares me because he wants to hunt people.who could be a huge threat to his team if he's wold

          Originally posted by Svaz
          more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
          Originally posted by mellon_collie
          TIL women have breasts because of horniness
          Originally posted by bugkid666
          sunfan I fucked up
          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
          Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

          Originally posted by Funnygurl555
          your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
          Originally posted by DaBackpack
          might quit having sex every day and focus more on shooting myself in the testicles with an elephant gun

          Comment

          • DaBackpack
            ~ お ま ん こ ~
            • Mar 2014
            • 918

            #965
            Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

            Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
            Are we assuming that someone shot Bolthe and the wolf kill failed in this scenario? I just want to know if I'm on the same page here. Please let me know if I'm with you on this thought process
            my operating assumption is that the wolves killed bolt. In the absence of other evidence this is what I'm defaulting to atm

            This means that the wolves deliberately avoided shooting Haku, which is suspicious but not damning--- he still needs to be solved and the biggest cloud hanging over his head is the "claim" situation

            I asked MML what he thinks the best way to resolve Haku is, because in this situation I can only really imagine forcing Haku to claim, or lynching him, or both, is the way to resolve him

            at this moment I think the best course of action is to just have Haku claim so that we don't spend forever wasting time debating about "how likely is he to fake a PR soft"

            where we go from there depends on what happens but I'm guessing that at least having the claim gives us the mental bandwidth to investigate other players


            Originally posted by Moogy
            no one cares
            Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
            there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
            that's kind of a sad statistic

            Comment

            • Shadow_God_10
              Somewhere, but not here
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Mar 2006
              • 2227

              #966
              Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

              Haku makes me fucking paranoid and I can't figure him out at all. I think I want to leave him.alone for now

              Originally posted by Svaz
              more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
              Originally posted by mellon_collie
              TIL women have breasts because of horniness
              Originally posted by bugkid666
              sunfan I fucked up
              Originally posted by MixMasterLar
              Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

              Originally posted by Funnygurl555
              your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
              Originally posted by DaBackpack
              might quit having sex every day and focus more on shooting myself in the testicles with an elephant gun

              Comment

              • Hakulyte
                aka Haku
                • Jul 2005
                • 4697

                #967
                Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                Don't waste time on me; I haven't hidden stuff in the thread.

                Comment

                • MixMasterLar
                  Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 5401

                  #968
                  Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                  Originally posted by DaBackpack
                  I want to win this fucking game like the rest of us, and I've come to the conclusion that if I behave in a way similar to my last few games I'm working against my win condition. Rational thinking, probably not, but at the end of the day I've decided I'm tired of feeling like shit when situations like what literally happened last EoD happen and leaving with the feeling that I messed up the game for others

                  I'm not gonna stop giving reads and trying to solve the game but I'm not going to be a fucking hero about it

                  Please reread my posts tonight and make sure you understand that I'm not asking you to give up your reads, I'm asking you to not give up on thinking in favor of validating your own read about a specific data point.
                  Ok I make you a deal

                  Like I said on pregame I have shit to do and I was never planning to post this much anyway. I'm going to bed and then tomorrow I'm getting other things done. I think I've got enough content and questions out that no one has the right to bitch if I just plan on not being here for like 20-24 hours in any sense of the word. When I come back I promise to have mediated all the angst out of my system and just read what people accomplished in that time first and foremost without getting hung up that they haven't atoned for past sins or whatever.

                  But I don't want to see you in here for 20 hours afraid to make pushes.

                  If you don't want to risk a tunnel then give me reads and give me wagon theories and give me some juicy tinfoil instead.
                  ​

                  Comment

                  • Shadow_God_10
                    Somewhere, but not here
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 2227

                    #969
                    Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    my operating assumption is that the wolves killed bolt. In the absence of other evidence this is what I'm defaulting to atm

                    This means that the wolves deliberately avoided shooting Haku, which is suspicious but not damning--- he still needs to be solved and the biggest cloud hanging over his head is the "claim" situation

                    I asked MML what he thinks the best way to resolve Haku is, because in this situation I can only really imagine forcing Haku to claim, or lynching him, or both, is the way to resolve him

                    at this moment I think the best course of action is to just have Haku claim so that we don't spend forever wasting time debating about "how likely is he to fake a PR soft"

                    where we go from there depends on what happens but I'm guessing that at least having the claim gives us the mental bandwidth to investigate other players

                    Theres also.another possibility here: wolves killed bolthe and IF we have a vigi they chose not to fire... it's just something I ran over my head quick and I want to know if anyone agrees on this

                    Originally posted by Svaz
                    more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
                    Originally posted by mellon_collie
                    TIL women have breasts because of horniness
                    Originally posted by bugkid666
                    sunfan I fucked up
                    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                    Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

                    Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                    your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    might quit having sex every day and focus more on shooting myself in the testicles with an elephant gun

                    Comment

                    • MixMasterLar
                      Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 5401

                      #970
                      Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                      Frankly i think Storn and Raeko can wait and you guys should vote Haku with me. If Haku does full claim you can switch off and I'll follow suit when I get back.

                      But if everyone votes Storn then I ain't gonna hate
                      ​

                      Comment

                      • MixMasterLar
                        Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 5401

                        #971
                        Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                        Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
                        Theres also.another possibility here: wolves killed bolthe and IF we have a vigi they chose not to fire... it's just something I ran over my head quick and I want to know if anyone agrees on this
                        I don't think we have a Vigi

                        We have to have Haku's mystery role, a vigi, and a jailer/doctor/whatever and I feel like that's maybe too many roles for what's meant to be a simple VT heavy mystery game.
                        ​

                        Comment

                        • DaBackpack
                          ~ お ま ん こ ~
                          • Mar 2014
                          • 918

                          #972
                          Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                          I don't need a full claim, I need someting.
                          I'll have to think about this more when I'm more awake but if we're going to have Haku confirm that he softed a PR yesterday, isn't it better to just get a full claim at that point? He's dead or roleblocked anyway--- we might as well get him to say his full role so that someone can counterclaim if he's lying, and don't forget that flips are partial this game, so if he is truly blue his flip won't even tell us what role he is--- giving wolves more room to hide behind in case they need to fake a PR claim themselves.

                          the downside is that depending on what PR Haku claims the wolf night actions might be different--- the difference between roleblocking or nightkilling I guess. Which gives them more room to PR hunt if they just stunlock Haku

                          atm I think if we are gonna force him to claim then it should just be a full claim so we don't get fucked down the line when we realize we don't actually know what Haku was, or what he did, and that information might have been enough to push us closer to solving the game. Given that forcing him to claim that he's some kind of PR isn't safer than him just outright stating his role


                          Originally posted by Moogy
                          no one cares
                          Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                          there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                          that's kind of a sad statistic

                          Comment

                          • Hakulyte
                            aka Haku
                            • Jul 2005
                            • 4697

                            #973
                            Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                            Counterclaiming in a closed setup.

                            Comment

                            • DaBackpack
                              ~ お ま ん こ ~
                              • Mar 2014
                              • 918

                              #974
                              Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                              Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                              Ok I make you a deal

                              Like I said on pregame I have shit to do and I was never planning to post this much anyway. I'm going to bed and then tomorrow I'm getting other things done. I think I've got enough content and questions out that no one has the right to bitch if I just plan on not being here for like 20-24 hours in any sense of the word. When I come back I promise to have mediated all the angst out of my system and just read what people accomplished in that time first and foremost without getting hung up that they haven't atoned for past sins or whatever.

                              But I don't want to see you in here for 20 hours afraid to make pushes.

                              If you don't want to risk a tunnel then give me reads and give me wagon theories and give me some juicy tinfoil instead.
                              Of course, I'm not afraid to make pushes, I'm just afraid of controlling this game and being taken advantage of

                              It's just 5AM right now and I don't have the alertness to sit down and give exhaustive reads

                              stay tuned


                              Originally posted by Moogy
                              no one cares
                              Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                              there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                              that's kind of a sad statistic

                              Comment

                              • DaBackpack
                                ~ お ま ん こ ~
                                • Mar 2014
                                • 918

                                #975
                                Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                                Originally posted by Hakulyte
                                Counterclaiming in a closed setup.
                                Counterclaims in a closed setup aren't bad, at the end of the day you get one guaranteed wolf in two day phases

                                Fakeclaiming/fakesofting in a closed setup is a serious danger because we have no way of independently validating your role if you just hide behind the moniker of "blue"


                                Originally posted by Moogy
                                no one cares
                                Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                                there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                                that's kind of a sad statistic

                                Comment

                                Working...