TWG CLXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • theknightsofneeee
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2016
    • 4

    #1141
    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

    What do you think about Haku's recent posting? Chary seems to like it but I'm still thoroughly unimpressed

    Comment

    • DarkManticoreX2
      TWG Overlord
      • Apr 2005
      • 7355

      #1142
      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

      Originally posted by Charu
      I don't see how I'm not listening or refusing to change what I'm doing right now... I've complied throughout D1 and have complied throughout this phase. If you mean on my reads, if you've noticed, they change too.

      I don't know what I did this game to get you riled up, but I apologize for whatever that may be.
      Ever since the alien game i’ve felt that if it feels like you don’t plan to progress your reads I should just lynch you.

      I was getting that feeling hard when it took dbp and me half an hour to make you give town/scumreads.
      AAA's = 800

      Originally posted by V
      Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

      Comment

      • theknightsofneeee
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2016
        • 4

        #1143
        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

        Manti how much, if at all, does charu's claim affect your read on him?

        Comment

        • the sun fan
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2017
          • 658

          #1144
          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

          Originally posted by theknightsofneeee
          Talk to me bout mml, sunfan

          Do you think he could unironically call on other people to lynch roundbox when he obviously didn't feel strongly about it as a villager? Specially in a no flip game so it's not like we could clear him off it anyways?

          Or nah he's a wolf
          yes he could do that as town, and honestly, I think I am more on his side with regard to his use of language there, I don't think it was that big of a deal

          people aren't really thinking about being cleared when talking about lynches, or at least I don't think many people are.
          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

          Comment

          • the sun fan
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2017
            • 658

            #1145
            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

            Originally posted by theknightsofneeee
            What do you think about Haku's recent posting? Chary seems to like it but I'm still thoroughly unimpressed
            I rarely know what to do with Hakulyte
            TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

            FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

            Comment

            • the sun fan
              FFR Player
              • Mar 2017
              • 658

              #1146
              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

              idk
              I honestly don't think I can get to the level of confidence that Charu has in Hakulyte without mech info, neee
              TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

              FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

              Comment

              • Charu
                Snivy! Dohoho!
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Mar 2006
                • 6207

                #1147
                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                Originally posted by the sun fan
                idk
                I honestly don't think I can get to the level of confidence that Charu has in Hakulyte without mech info, neee
                I admit, the read I have on Haku is, once again, emotion read, but this time I don't think it's 50/50. I think it's genuine.

                If wolf Haku was intimidated, they wouldn't falter the way he did, and then get irritated at another point in time. They would just keep going and post without rethinking all that much.


                Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                Had a very shiny nose
                And if you ever saw it
                You could even say it glows

                All of the other Snivies
                Used to laugh and call him names
                They never let poor Charu
                Join in any Snivy games

                (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                Comment

                • Charu
                  Snivy! Dohoho!
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Mar 2006
                  • 6207

                  #1148
                  Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                  That's why I think he's crystal clear town for me.

                  He's exhibiting passive aggressive posts. Something I rarely, if ever, see in Haku. I've never once seen him use these posts as a wolf.


                  Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                  Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                  Had a very shiny nose
                  And if you ever saw it
                  You could even say it glows

                  All of the other Snivies
                  Used to laugh and call him names
                  They never let poor Charu
                  Join in any Snivy games

                  (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                  Originally posted by Vendetta21
                  All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                  Comment

                  • theknightsofneeee
                    FFR Player
                    • Nov 2016
                    • 4

                    #1149
                    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                    Originally posted by the sun fan
                    Charu has pointed out that I am rather subdued this phase, and that's correct, I am.

                    part of it is school and other commitments, to make it very short, I'm at a time in my life where things are actually going really fucking well for once and I somehow, someway, am not fucking anything up yet. I am reading FFR less than I was as a result, and TWG is part of it.

                    I don't think my game is seriously hurt, regardless of whatever counterpoint Lar will invariably make to this post. I think I am thinking about the game a rather healthy amount, and honestly, my biggest fault is that I am a coward (sort of like Syhto said) and change my mind due to overthinking.

                    I feel... good about my position on the game as we stand. Part of it is confidence in certain reads, but part of it is that I feel good, and because I feel good, I feel like I'm playing good.

                    I still don't know who the wolves are, but what I feel like I do know, is a few towns I'm never lynching.

                    I have often struggled to read inD. I am never killing him this game. His posts are too good to be a wolf. I do not mean this as a mark against inD. I think there's probably under 5 people in TWG who I think can [consistently] make the points that he has made about some small things like when wv and haku did the thing earlier. I have rarely spoken about how sometimes, when I get an especially good feeling from someone, when I read their posts, I sometimes hear their voice reading the post in my head. Before you commit me to an asylum, I do think that this only happens when I feel like the post is genuine. Its a terrible method that I don't put any stock into, but I put a lot of stock into it historically and I don't think I've been burned on it before because it happens so rarely. The post of "did I just get WV and Haku town from that?" or something like that was the post I heard in his voice. I could be wrong on him being town but honestly, I don't think I can lynch him without mechanical evidence against him at this point.

                    I think wv isn't likely to do that thing with not reading the op as a wolf. Its... not impossible. But it looks really good. I haven't iso'd him but I wouldn't kill him solely because he appeared to seriously not understand (including bringing it up later which is like a very nice touch if he is a wolf though wolfchat coaching is a thing etc etc) the mechanic of wolf sabotage. I think he's probably town.

                    I'm a dingus and Charu is town. Claim checks out as far as I can tell. Sorry Charu, that one is my bad.

                    DBP is playing town in a way that I have high confidence in my meta read. This is probably the weakest one so far, and still it manages to be really strong. The way he questions people is... well, questionable at times, but it is at the same time, vintage DBP town. His... assertions are very... himself as well to be a little vague about something I think I've noticed.

                    Lastly, and I need to reread her to fully make this read, but I don't think I have seen anything from fg that has made me... afraid of her potentially wolfing this game. Again, I need to read, and I will, to fully assert this read, but based on what I remember, I am not worried about her.

                    I would kill none of these people without mechanical info against them at this time, which is kind of a ludicrous position to take, I know.

                    I think there's a couple things I need to touch on to answer some potential questions:

                    I am not clearing Haku for the earlier mechanics thing. Haku's mind exists on a different temporal plane as I'm sure we all know. I've also made the mistake of... assuming with regards to Hakulyte before and lost a game because of it (albeit it was my own mistake and not anyone elses). I maybe should be. I am not saying that Haku is a wolf. To be honest, aside from maybe Lar, I think he is the towniest person not in my never-kill list. I don't have anything that I L O V E from him yet. I think the answer to his alignment lies within his grouping of neee/manti together even after syhto died, which is an odd line to take, but appears to be a consistent one for Haku. I /think/ Hakulyte is town, I am not locking it in.

                    Idk, Lar is a buttface basically. He could be really town now. I was recently burned by him in more ways that one, and as I said in the postgame of that turbo, getting slowrolled really, really stings, intentional or not. He is... capable of these emotional outbursts as a wolf, which, if I had to pick something to say about that, I would say that it is impressive that he can summon that spring of emotion upon command. I don't really know what he'd be doing as a wolf here, that's my biggest lack of a case against him; I don't really have anything he's done as wolfy, and regardless of all else, I do think I would have that if he was a wolf.

                    Aside from that, I don't know how to proceed. I don't know who is a wolf in the remaining group of raeko, roundbox, manti, neee. I also make no mistakes about the game being that simple. I am almost definitely wrong somewhere. But what I do know is, I feel really, really good about the game right now.

                    I would kill any of those four and... probably be happy as of right now.

                    I think neee has said words. I think I tend to like neee's style, but it honestly isn't even lacking or anything, I just think other people are higher than him, so its faux POE.

                    The other three are more real POE. I know there was some pushback to my roundbox vote earlier, I do think that its still a decent place to look.

                    I would encourage people to tell me where they think I am wrong. You don't even necessarily have to make a compelling case. I know that I can solve this game if I build a wall around the town and make the wolves pay for it. I feel like I am right there.
                    So let's talk about this

                    First things first; I agree with a good portion of what Sunfan is saying here.

                    I also have villa reads on fg, wv, dbp (although this is falling off slightly) and charu (I have a couple reservations here but nothing substantial.

                    But I don't really get the inD super hard villa read, like, at all. Could be a me thing but meh, feels really weird.

                    My biggest things I don't like are haiku/mml, basically I think the reasons for then being where they are is super lackluster, and I feel like tha is where you'd put wolf bros in your list so it freaks me out more than a little.

                    Your wolves are fine, in italics, but on a personal note I don't feel like you've really put much effort into reading me so I'm kid of frustrated by my placement because of that.

                    And the lack of real thought in your wolves besides "lolpoe" is also troubling.

                    Comment

                    • DarkManticoreX2
                      TWG Overlord
                      • Apr 2005
                      • 7355

                      #1150
                      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                      Originally posted by theknightsofneeee
                      Manti how much, if at all, does charu's claim affect your read on him?
                      I got thoroughly confused reading that section of the thread and need to go back over it with a fine toothed comb. It sounds like we got no info from the role, so i’m not sure what the point in claiming it even was. I can’t even find the claim tbh.

                      I doubt a wolf flubs a role claim that hard so probably towny, but it’s not currently factoring into my read at all because I have very little idea what happened there other then the immediate outcome of charu claimed something and was wrong with how his role worked.
                      AAA's = 800

                      Originally posted by V
                      Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                      Comment

                      • Charu
                        Snivy! Dohoho!
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 6207

                        #1151
                        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                        Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                        I got thoroughly confused reading that section of the thread and need to go back over it with a fine toothed comb. It sounds like we got no info from the role, so i’m not sure what the point in claiming it even was. I can’t even find the claim tbh.

                        I doubt a wolf flubs a role claim that hard so probably towny, but it’s not currently factoring into my read at all because I have very little idea what happened there other then the immediate outcome of charu claimed something and was wrong with how his role worked.
                        The info was essentially 2 towns last night, that's all.

                        The flub was me thinking it was for Twilight.

                        The flub then turned into me being afraid that the number could be used for the wolves to sabotage, which ended up me being once again mistaken about the mechanics of how wolves guess a number.

                        That's the short and sweet version anyways.


                        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                        Had a very shiny nose
                        And if you ever saw it
                        You could even say it glows

                        All of the other Snivies
                        Used to laugh and call him names
                        They never let poor Charu
                        Join in any Snivy games

                        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                        Originally posted by Vendetta21
                        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                        Comment

                        • Charu
                          Snivy! Dohoho!
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 6207

                          #1152
                          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                          Originally posted by Charu
                          The info was essentially 2 towns last night, that's all.
                          2 towns last night asked for a role


                          Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                          Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                          Had a very shiny nose
                          And if you ever saw it
                          You could even say it glows

                          All of the other Snivies
                          Used to laugh and call him names
                          They never let poor Charu
                          Join in any Snivy games

                          (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                          Comment

                          • the sun fan
                            FFR Player
                            • Mar 2017
                            • 658

                            #1153
                            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                            idk neee, I get why you might be frustrated at my lack of questions, and I get why the inD read probably leaps out at you and stuff its just like

                            Idk

                            I'm happy with how I'm playing the game right now. I don't think I'm going to catch you if you're wolfing, at least not for the right reasons, so long as you are present and saying words.

                            POE is what I have and I know its not good. I know I don't have the game solved as I said. I know it might even be a little lazy. But its still good, I think.

                            I'm also quite content with my vote for raeko at the moment. Very much so.
                            TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                            FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                            Comment

                            • the sun fan
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2017
                              • 658

                              #1154
                              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                              This is a me problem, but tbh no matter how much we interact, I don't think that you're very likely to move from your position on the reads list, and again, that's a me problem.

                              Honestly, the playerlist is kind... strange, and that's all I'll say about that. It makes me feel like I am already priced into playing this way, and I know I'm not, but it feels like its the most effective way.
                              TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                              FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                              Comment

                              • the sun fan
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2017
                                • 658

                                #1155
                                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                                Originally posted by the sun fan
                                POE is what I have and I know its not good. I know I don't have the game solved as I said. I know it might even be a little lazy. But its still good, I think.
                                POE is what I have and I know its not good to be relying on it this early*
                                I still think the reads are more good than bad**
                                TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                                FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                                Comment

                                Working...