TWG CLXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hakulyte
    aka Haku
    • Jul 2005
    • 4697

    #1066
    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

    Considering self-voting because I don't enjoy making people frustrated and I'd rather quit than deal with that.

    Comment

    • Charu
      Snivy! Dohoho!
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Mar 2006
      • 6207

      #1067
      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

      Originally posted by Hakulyte
      Considering self-voting because I don't enjoy making people frustrated and I'd rather quit than deal with that.
      I feel you, but its part of the game, intentional or not.


      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
      Had a very shiny nose
      And if you ever saw it
      You could even say it glows

      All of the other Snivies
      Used to laugh and call him names
      They never let poor Charu
      Join in any Snivy games

      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


      Originally posted by Vendetta21
      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

      Comment

      • DarkManticoreX2
        TWG Overlord
        • Apr 2005
        • 7355

        #1068
        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

        Originally posted by Hakulyte
        See: this
        Sure so when I look at that post all I see is a poorly constructed narrative where you try to read me wolfy.

        You ignore the response I made to MML in post 243 when he asked me why I thought the things I did, and you also ignore the fact that sytho herself acknowledged the mindmeld we had on pearl’s slot post 675.

        So when you say we had a manufactured mindmeld I say bullshit you aren’t reading the game with an intent to solve, you’re pushing a narrative.
        AAA's = 800

        Originally posted by V
        Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

        Comment

        • DarkManticoreX2
          TWG Overlord
          • Apr 2005
          • 7355

          #1069
          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

          I’ve been active in the game for two hours and I already know exactly why you the read you have on me is bad. Shouldn’t that be your job to figure out?
          AAA's = 800

          Originally posted by V
          Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

          Comment

          • Hakulyte
            aka Haku
            • Jul 2005
            • 4697

            #1070
            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

            Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
            Sure so when I look at that post all I see is a poorly constructed narrative where you try to read me wolfy.

            You ignore the response I made to MML in post 243 when he asked me why I thought the things I did, and you also ignore the fact that sytho herself acknowledged the mindmeld we had on pearl’s slot post 675.

            So when you say we had a manufactured mindmeld I say bullshit you aren’t reading the game with an intent to solve, you’re pushing a narrative.
            How do you solve games if it's not by pushing narratives and testing the waters ? I mean, sure you can pull better posts than I do, but that's because content was created by a pile of narratives in the first place.

            They're both necessary. You also gain validity in theory due to Syhto being most likely the NK which means she would be town.

            At same time, if I ask myself why Syhto died specifically, it could be because of this.

            Comment

            • Hakulyte
              aka Haku
              • Jul 2005
              • 4697

              #1071
              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

              It's like we're playing hot potato with what happened assuming Syhto was town.

              Comment

              • Hakulyte
                aka Haku
                • Jul 2005
                • 4697

                #1072
                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                Both you and indy have indirectly/directly presented an avenue to remove a player from the game not due to content or fact or rationale. You have both said the equivalent of “let’s lynch antiperal because he’ll be a no show. This feels like an attempt to powerwolf through a weak town player.

                What worries me more is that people think it might be a decent idea. If I read correctly we don’t get cardflips, so not knowing antipearl’s alignment when he dies gives us nothing and no one to blame on either side. It’s a waste of a day phase pursuing it and simple feels wolf driven.



                I like sytho because she felt similarly about your cagey “I’ll lynch anyone under 5 posts post”

                And I have all sorts of different feelings on sunfan right now, I like his current position on pearl, but that read could vacillate somewhat wildly as the game progresses depending on what pearl does or doesn’t do.
                You're assuming anti-pearl is town based on non existant content.

                The no card flip part is great, but at same time, if your end game is with a pile of low activity players, how are you even going to get somewhere ?

                Your post is definitely valid. I'm just saying that there's 2 ways to approach this.

                Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                I've read up to this post.

                I'm not responding to anything specific.


                I thought about making references to neee allegedly pushing me or SunFan's string of good days to prove I at least read the thread, but I probably won't bother right now.
                Speaking of MML, I'm starting to wonder what's up with the "not responding" part.

                I guess your vote makes sense on paper.

                Comment

                • Hakulyte
                  aka Haku
                  • Jul 2005
                  • 4697

                  #1073
                  Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                  Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                  I’ve been active in the game for two hours and I already know exactly why you the read you have on me is bad. Shouldn’t that be your job to figure out?
                  My game would be very different if I had more free time, I'm pretty sure yours would be as well.

                  Comment

                  • Hakulyte
                    aka Haku
                    • Jul 2005
                    • 4697

                    #1074
                    Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                    I guess you're null to me now. I have to recognize the effort you did here.

                    Comment

                    • Hakulyte
                      aka Haku
                      • Jul 2005
                      • 4697

                      #1075
                      Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                      I think Raeko has 0 post this phase and there's a hidden posting requirement.

                      Probably something to keep in mind.

                      Comment

                      • Hakulyte
                        aka Haku
                        • Jul 2005
                        • 4697

                        #1076
                        Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                        unvote

                        I guess I'll hard reset.

                        Comment

                        • DaBackpack
                          ~ お ま ん こ ~
                          • Mar 2014
                          • 918

                          #1077
                          Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                          this is apparently my main social outlet so let it be known that I stayed up until 9am building a presentation for Friday

                          time to die


                          Originally posted by Moogy
                          no one cares
                          Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                          there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                          that's kind of a sad statistic

                          Comment

                          • DaBackpack
                            ~ お ま ん こ ~
                            • Mar 2014
                            • 918

                            #1078
                            Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                            also haku totally just caved to manti's pressure, upped his read on him to placate him, and diverted attention on to MML


                            Originally posted by Moogy
                            no one cares
                            Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                            there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                            that's kind of a sad statistic

                            Comment

                            • DarkManticoreX2
                              TWG Overlord
                              • Apr 2005
                              • 7355

                              #1079
                              Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                              So Haku, I need you to answer this question, because it’s going to directly feed into whether or not I try to lynch you or not. You ask “How do you solve games if not by pushing narratives” and while you should be pushing narratives you believe to be true, you should also be evaluating your own narratives to see if they make sense. When you made the long post you linked me to, both of the posts I quoted below were in the thread and they directly correlate to each other, so why would you say the first post is useless without explanations when the second post already exists?

                              To be fair you quoted both posts, but out of order and the second post is explained as “I don’t think Manti actually thinks this”. So when I say there’s a difference between trying to solve a player which is a towny thing to do, and push a narrative to lynch without reevaluating which is a scummy thing to do. Your post leans closer to the second because it doesn’t look like you took the two posts together and went “oh there is reasoning for why Manti thinks those things” maybe that post wasn’t completely useless like i’m Saying it is.



                              Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                              Things Manti thinks currently

                              MML bad
                              Ind bad
                              Sunfan good or sunfan+pearl bad or sunfan wolf!defending town! Pearl for cred
                              Sytho good

                              That is all the things I think.
                              Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                              Both you and indy have indirectly/directly presented an avenue to remove a player from the game not due to content or fact or rationale. You have both said the equivalent of “let’s lynch antiperal because he’ll be a no show. This feels like an attempt to powerwolf through a weak town player.

                              What worries me more is that people think it might be a decent idea. If I read correctly we don’t get cardflips, so not knowing antipearl’s alignment when he dies gives us nothing and no one to blame on either side. It’s a waste of a day phase pursuing it and simple feels wolf driven.



                              I like sytho because she felt similarly about your cagey “I’ll lynch anyone under 5 posts post”

                              And I have all sorts of different feelings on sunfan right now, I like his current position on pearl, but that read could vacillate somewhat wildly as the game progresses depending on what pearl does or doesn’t do.
                              AAA's = 800

                              Originally posted by V
                              Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                              Comment

                              • roundbox
                                fhqwhgads
                                • Feb 2005
                                • 2086

                                #1080
                                Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

                                Still catching up, but people wanting to lynch manti for inactivity lack hindsight of prior games where his activity levels are similar, especially given he said his activity would be low in pretty much every single game. Why are people so scared of Manti??

                                I'm liking Charu even more now (even with his manti vote, not sure if he's changed it) with his post on "call my post worthless and lynch me plz" sounding like the appeal of a townie who just can't get the radar off of him
                                Originally posted by the sun fan
                                I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                                Comment

                                Working...