TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kyoko Kirigiri
    FFR Player
    • Jun 2018
    • 10

    #286
    Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

    Makoto Naegi – Well this is interesting. ALL of their posts were basically jokes until their most recent one, which was a “I'll solve D0 tomorrow.” To me, the whole thing suggests a confident player—or at least one able to make a lot of joke posts and not blink as actual discussion intensifies. I don't really like the playstyle thus far: jokes are fun at the beginning, but once the game gets going, they're not really helpful to town, and they're kind of WIFOMish. On the other hand, some of their phrasing

    Maybe I'll drop some more crumbs from the table for you tomorrow.*

    The life of a main character is a busy one
    Felt like RP. I don't know enough about Danganronpa to actually make good assumptions about something like that, but given the implicit confidence of the player and the suggestion that more compelling play is coming tomorrow (real time), I'm interested in what they have to say.

    Comment

    • Kyoko Kirigiri
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2018
      • 10

      #287
      Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

      Mukuro Ikusaba – No content. It's not just a low number of posts; none of them say anything. Since I've been quiet until now, I'm not really in much of a position to criticize, but there's nothing here. There's nothing else to say until Mukuro posts more.

      Comment

      • Kyoko Kirigiri
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2018
        • 10

        #288
        Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

        Last one for now, assuming it doesn't get eaten by the account check again.

        Junko Enoshima – don't really like their game, but it doesn't necessarily feel wolfy. The vast majority of their posts are one sentence and joke phasey, but that stands to reason given that they were made early. My problem is that the abbreviated nature never changed, even after they became more serious. There's a definite feel of defending Aoi (to the point of reading Aoi as “hard town”). I don't really get this. I made a post myself that more or less defended Aoi (or at least diminished the argument against them), but it wasn't because Aoi screamed town, it was that Aoi hadn't done anything horribly, damningly scummy. And although I argued that the case against Aoi felt a bit contrived, that doesn't mean that the people doing it were necessarily being scummy. Junko's defense felt overstated, particularly when there wasn't a huge explanation for it (again, most posts were short and information-deficient). I find that a clever town read can be a useful tool for scum—they can make themselves look simultaneously reasonable and restrained, while also having a good read on the game, without having to sacrifice each other. I'm not saying that's what Junko's doing, but the defense of Aoi

        Based on what I know about this game and its players, I'm going to read Aoi as hard town.
        feels profoundly overstated, particularly when “what I know about this game and its players” appears to be a feel-read at best.

        Comment

        • Leon Kuwata
          FFR Player
          • Jun 2018
          • 0

          #289
          Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

          Game started at a somewhat inconvenient time for me but I'm trying to make it work. Gonna work toward a nice reading of the game so far.

          Comment

          • Leon Kuwata
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2018
            • 0

            #290
            Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

            Originally posted by Toko Fukawa
            Hey, tell us an updated count on "hedgehog suicides" would you?
            Did anyone call out this garbage leaden post? Scummy af

            Comment

            • Byakuya Togami
              FFR Player
              • Jun 2018
              • 2

              #291
              Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

              Originally posted by Kiyotaka Ishimaru
              is a wolf really going to say this??

              'hey im the identity wolf and because this is an anon game im super disadvantaged in fulfilling my purpose.'

              no
              This made me chuckle.

              Comment

              • Leon Kuwata
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2018
                • 0

                #292
                Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                Originally posted by Kiyotaka Ishimaru
                Why are you dismissing it without giving your actual thoughts on it other than ‘easy to latch on to’. Make your own comments on it, why are you reading possibility townie?
                If u read my next post you would be good m8ey

                Comment

                • Junko Enoshima
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2018
                  • 0

                  #293
                  Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                  Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                  I hate posts like this. Not in the sense that it's indicative of maf, just that it's essentially meaningless. Great, you think Aoi is villa, why? Nobody knows.
                  You'll just have to take my word for it.

                  Comment

                  • Junko Enoshima
                    FFR Player
                    • Jun 2018
                    • 0

                    #294
                    Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                    Originally posted by Kiyotaka Ishimaru
                    I feel like there’s been little contribution from a lot of people and role playing is hiding personality and personal though and instead giving the thoughts of a character that you might not necessarily agree with. This makes roleplaying inherently anti town but I can understand the whole wanting to hide from the identity wolf thing. But you’re also making yourself an easy pick for the acquisitioner.


                    Idk I just want more from people and then I’ll go over everything again later
                    Are you suggesting that you think the acquisitioner is familiar enough with the series to be able to replicate the proper character roleplay?

                    Comment

                    • Junko Enoshima
                      FFR Player
                      • Jun 2018
                      • 0

                      #295
                      Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                      Originally posted by Toko Fukawa
                      Your post contains very little thought. Might want to work on that.
                      I want Toko to be as flammatory as possible this game, it's good

                      Comment

                      • Junko Enoshima
                        FFR Player
                        • Jun 2018
                        • 0

                        #296
                        Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                        Originally posted by Aoi Asahina
                        I did not think of that Mondo, but I believe you might be on to something. The thread was mostly about me, and if I tried to change subject, you are probably right that they would have said I was deflecting. Even though I didn't do that, I was still called out for dodging, which isn't true.
                        This... feels completely unnecessary and reeks of someone trying to establish a conspiracy when there clearly isn't one.

                        There's no foundation to this thought at all. Who is "they"?

                        This segment of your post feels overly defensive for acknowledging something in a way that doesn't actually push anything forward, and exists for its own sake.

                        Comment

                        • Junko Enoshima
                          FFR Player
                          • Jun 2018
                          • 0

                          #297
                          Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                          Originally posted by Aoi Asahina
                          I actually make a post that doesn't concern me, and that's how I am treated? I see why inactivity is a major thing here.
                          I understand that it's frustrating when people make hostile comments towards you, but lingering on this point isn't going to help anything.

                          Try to think more outwardly instead of inwardly.

                          Comment

                          • Junko Enoshima
                            FFR Player
                            • Jun 2018
                            • 0

                            #298
                            Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                            Originally posted by Aoi Asahina
                            I actually make a post that doesn't concern me, and that's how I am treated? I see why inactivity is a major thing here.
                            I just realized that this person "doesn't know the playerbase on this site" but simultaneously is aware that "inactivity is a major thing here."

                            Mixed signals regarding the expertise of this player, but not sure if it's worth considering further

                            Comment

                            • Junko Enoshima
                              FFR Player
                              • Jun 2018
                              • 0

                              #299
                              Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                              Originally posted by Kiyotaka Ishimaru
                              it is possible they are faking being new???

                              perhaps as a wolf tactic or even a human tactic????

                              they didnt exactly come out and straight openly say clearly they were new to ffr twg, they kind of said it more subtly over a few posts. I did actually have to ask them to confirm it.
                              I don't think Aoi is as new as they suggest

                              Comment

                              • Junko Enoshima
                                FFR Player
                                • Jun 2018
                                • 0

                                #300
                                Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                                I take back my "hard" town read because I'm nearly certain there's some duplicity with her outward projection, but I'm not fully revoking it because more often than not, aspects of her mindset are not being obfuscated

                                Comment

                                Working...