TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Junko Enoshima
    FFR Player
    • Jun 2018
    • 0

    #136
    Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

    Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
    Aoi didn't have to focus on herself the entire time, though. When she gave reads at the end of her post, she called out people who talked about her. That's what I take issue with.

    I know that Aoi was a main point of conversation this past day, but there are other interactions she could have potentially commented on without it seeming sketchy.
    Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
    I just want to see more of her. Perhaps I could get a better read on her if she were present and interacting in the thread instead of reacting to what people said about her.
    Originally posted by Mondo Owada
    This is something I agree with 100%. Just don't like the thought that she should be acting more aggressive since that's mostly playstyle.
    Byakuya

    If you want to talk about posturing ---

    Somebody committing to a read and then toning it down with a generic "I just want to see more of her" is weak as fuck and should be punished.

    Comment

    • Junko Enoshima
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2018
      • 0

      #137
      Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

      Originally posted by Mondo Owada
      Actually, does it say anywhere if maf have day chat? I don't see anything in the OP regarding maf chat at all.
      Dumbtells are not going to work this game

      Comment

      • Mondo Owada
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2018
        • 0

        #138
        Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

        Originally posted by Junko Enoshima
        Dumbtells are not going to work this game
        This is actually serious. If there is a daychat, Aoi could have been coached into making that post. Maybe don't pretend like I'm trying to gain free townpants and think for a minute, since based on some of your posts that's a "sometimes" thing for you.

        Comment

        • Celestia Ludenberg
          FFR Player
          • Jun 2018
          • 1

          #139
          Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

          Originally posted by Mondo Owada
          Actually, does it say anywhere if maf have day chat? I don't see anything in the OP regarding maf chat at all.
          I don't believe they have day chat because it's not mentioned directly.

          I'm surprised to see Phantom: on.

          Comment

          • Junko Enoshima
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2018
            • 0

            #140
            Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

            Originally posted by Mondo Owada
            This is actually serious. If there is a daychat, Aoi could have been coached into making that post. Maybe don't pretend like I'm trying to gain free townpants and think for a minute, since based on some of your posts that's a "sometimes" thing for you.
            At the very beginnning of the OP it says "Out-of-thread posting: OFF"

            Comment

            • Junko Enoshima
              FFR Player
              • Jun 2018
              • 0

              #141
              Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

              Which technically isn't what you were asking for, but I'm going to assume there is no day-chat.

              Comment

              • Mondo Owada
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2018
                • 0

                #142
                Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                Originally posted by Junko Enoshima
                At the very beginnning of the OP it says "Out-of-thread posting: OFF"
                That doesn't apply to wolves, since their roles mention some kind of private chat. It just doesn't describe the limitations of that chat anywhere.
                Originally posted by Celestia Ludenberg
                I don't believe they have day chat because it's not mentioned directly.

                I'm surprised to see Phantom: on.
                If that's the case, then my current thoughts on Aoi stand.

                Comment

                • Junko Enoshima
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2018
                  • 0

                  #143
                  Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                  Based on what I know about this game and its players, I'm going to read Aoi as hard town.

                  Comment

                  • Kyoko Kirigiri
                    FFR Player
                    • Jun 2018
                    • 10

                    #144
                    Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                    Originally posted by Leon Kuwata
                    obviously joking here but fr I feel like it's too easy of a thing to latch on to
                    1/5 needs more effort
                    Aoi has responded now, but the difficulty of that whole line of thought comes down to the same problem with the above post. People have a tendency to "extreme-ify" their speech anyway, and it's really easy to read sinister intent into adverbs. Is "obviously joking" here proof that Leon is jumpy after his previous post, and felt the need to dismiss it as an obvious joke to protect himself? Probably not. I mean, it's not impossible, but it feels like a huge overreach to me, and probably to everyone else too.

                    And that's the difficulty with parsing Aoi's original statement.

                    Originally posted by Aoi Asahina
                    I am weary of playing this game as I do not have known experience of who everyone is and won't be able to judge the posts accordingly. I will do my best though.
                    There were basically two ways it could have been interpreted:

                    1. I'm new to either the game or community, and thus don't know what I'm doing

                    2. Everyone is posting under mandatory aliases, so I don't know who anyone is relative to their prior play, and can't evaluate on that.

                    Both interpretations run into some problems for Aoi. The first reading feels like an inexperienced player justifying/excusing away any future lapses. The second reading (which Aoi basically 'claimed' in their response) feels like filler, since everyone is limited by the anonymity conditions. It's intrinsic to everyone, so saying it has no value or purpose.

                    But that kind of textual filler happens in these sorts of games, and it's not inherently sinister. With nothing else to go on, and everyone maybe being reticent given the secret accounts, I can understand why people focused on it. If Aoi hadn't gotten around to posting, I'd have said their silence was way more telling than the initial post, since it would seem like they were ducking heat. But that post was addressed. I actually find the followup post a little more troubling, because it basically ends with a hard OMGUS, but the whole debate felt a little contrived.

                    Comment

                    • Mondo Owada
                      FFR Player
                      • Jun 2018
                      • 0

                      #145
                      Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                      Mukuro Ikusaba. I wonder if you've got anything to say today.

                      Comment

                      • Celestia Ludenberg
                        FFR Player
                        • Jun 2018
                        • 1

                        #146
                        Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                        Kyoko's post is a great post to summarize the situation with Aoi.

                        I think it's safe to look elsewhere until Aoi replies to it.

                        Comment

                        • Celestia Ludenberg
                          FFR Player
                          • Jun 2018
                          • 1

                          #147
                          Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                          Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
                          It's both early D0 and, as you said, Chihiro likely placed a joke vote. I don't get how it could be suspicious.
                          I'm assuming Chihiro knows Makoto used a danganronpa quote and my reasoning is that Chihiro also used a danganronpa quote where the vote happens.

                          Comment

                          • Celestia Ludenberg
                            FFR Player
                            • Jun 2018
                            • 1

                            #148
                            Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                            My point is that both posts are pointless and serves no purpose because it's just a roleplay element on both sides.

                            It raises the question; why would Chihiro vote Makoto in this case ?

                            There's multiple possibilities, but nothing conclusive that helps the game move forward.

                            Comment

                            • Byakuya Togami
                              FFR Player
                              • Jun 2018
                              • 2

                              #149
                              Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                              Originally posted by Junko Enoshima
                              Byakuya

                              If you want to talk about posturing ---

                              Somebody committing to a read and then toning it down with a generic "I just want to see more of her" is weak as fuck and should be punished.
                              I intended that to be read in more of a whiny tone, but welcome to the Internet.

                              Comment

                              • Byakuya Togami
                                FFR Player
                                • Jun 2018
                                • 2

                                #150
                                Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                                Originally posted by Kyoko
                                I actually find the followup post a little more troubling, because it basically ends with a hard OMGUS, but the whole debate felt a little contrived.
                                So I know we've made different conclusions on Aoi, but I'm glad someone else saw what I saw.

                                I'm going to back off of Aoi for a while now anyway and focus on other people. I'm probably not being productive right now...

                                Comment

                                Working...