TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Chihiro Fujisaki
    FFR Player
    • Jun 2018
    • 3

    #361
    Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

    Originally posted by Yasuhiro Hagakure
    Although just to make myself look -that- much worse, I gotta step out for about an hour. I'm picking up a PS4.
    W-well...bye...
    Originally posted by Mondo Owada
    **** chihiro has balls
    Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
    Why am I agreeing with Chihiro

    what's happening

    Comment

    • Kiyotaka Ishimaru
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2018
      • 1

      #362
      Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

      Originally posted by Yasuhiro Hagakure
      Although just to make myself look -that- much worse, I gotta step out for about an hour. I'm picking up a PS4.
      Pick up overwatch while you’re at it and add me bbe

      Comment

      • Kiyotaka Ishimaru
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2018
        • 1

        #363
        Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

        I won’t be on for phase end and I don’t see anything making me want to switch my vote off mondo

        Comment

        • Chihiro Fujisaki
          FFR Player
          • Jun 2018
          • 3

          #364
          Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

          I do not want to participate in killing my friends... but it is stop the culprits or be killed... At the trial I went to... there was more order...this lack of consensus as to who is the blackened... lack of evidence... I'm scared.

          Kiyoko...I admire you very much...I want to hear what you have to say...
          Originally posted by Mondo Owada
          **** chihiro has balls
          Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
          Why am I agreeing with Chihiro

          what's happening

          Comment

          • Chihiro Fujisaki
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2018
            • 3

            #365
            Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

            S-sorry...I am very embarrassed... for misspelling your name...
            Originally posted by Mondo Owada
            **** chihiro has balls
            Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
            Why am I agreeing with Chihiro

            what's happening

            Comment

            • Kyoko Kirigiri
              FFR Player
              • Jun 2018
              • 10

              #366
              Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

              Some random stuff that jumped out at me:

              Originally posted by Makoto Naegi
              celestia
              Originally posted by Makoto Naegi
              Elaboration to follow later
              See, I don't care for this. Not the vote itself; Celestia has been active, so there's content to pick apart. But "elaboration to follow later" that never comes is a convenient way of parking a vote. I mean, it's clear from the sequence of posts what the vote was based on:

              Originally posted by Celestia Ludenberg
              Well, good luck! I'm staying on Aoi.

              If you find something better, don't hesitate!
              But the promise of elaboration suggests there should be more.

              Similarly,

              Originally posted by Toko Fukawa
              Inaccurate. I have stated my thoughts on a few players. You are one of them.
              I guess I just don't find it very useful to say someone's "probably town" or probably a wolf" without meaningful elaboration. Over time, you can probably build a profile on someone based on their reads, but it doesn't really contribute to the greater conversation. Whatever anyone thinks of all the Aoi stuff, at least it kind of forces people to address it. The most concrete thing I can find from Toko was questioning Mondo and Celestia over pushing Aoi--the rest seems to be mostly one-offs on posts that don't really even speak to a read on a given player. For someone whose tone has been pretty aggressive (albeit as a claimed roleplay/assumed tone), there's not really a lot of actual opinions here.

              The reasons these sorts of posts bother me is that is that it's easier to dance around a position that you haven't really committed to with reasoning. The more you say about something, the more you have to answer for what you say. Just grabbing individual posts, going "that's scummy," and leaving doesn't really force you to defend your reasoning much later, because it's so limited in the first place.

              Comment

              • Kyoko Kirigiri
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2018
                • 10

                #367
                Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                I'm getting really tired of all my posts getting referred to for moderator review or whatever. So sorry in advance if this post shows up again later.

                Some random stuff that jumped out at me:

                Originally posted by Makoto Naegi
                celestia
                Originally posted by Makoto Naegi
                Elaboration to follow later
                See, I don't care for this. Not the vote itself; Celestia has been active, so there's content to pick apart. But "elaboration to follow later" that never comes is a convenient way of parking a vote. I mean, it's clear from the sequence of posts what the vote was based on:

                Originally posted by Celestia Ludenberg
                Well, good luck! I'm staying on Aoi.

                If you find something better, don't hesitate!
                But the promise of elaboration suggests there should be more.

                Similarly,

                Originally posted by Toko Fukawa
                Inaccurate. I have stated my thoughts on a few players. You are one of them.
                I guess I just don't find it very useful to say someone's "probably town" or probably a wolf" without meaningful elaboration. Over time, you can probably build a profile on someone based on their reads, but it doesn't really contribute to the greater conversation. Whatever anyone thinks of all the Aoi stuff, at least it kind of forces people to address it. The most concrete thing I can find from Toko was questioning Mondo and Celestia over pushing Aoi--the rest seems to be mostly one-offs on posts that don't really even speak to a read on a given player. For someone whose tone has been pretty aggressive (albeit as a claimed roleplay/assumed tone), there's not really a lot of actual opinions here.

                The reasons these sorts of posts bother me is that is that it's easier to dance around a position that you haven't really committed to with reasoning. The more you say about something, the more you have to answer for what you say. Just grabbing individual posts, going "that's scummy," and leaving doesn't really force you to defend your reasoning much later, because it's so limited in the first place.

                Comment

                • Makoto Naegi
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2018
                  • 0

                  #368
                  Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                  My motivation is very low atm, sorry I know I said I'd go hard but I'm not feeling it.

                  My vote is pretty simple, I don't like the complacency celestia showed.

                  The vote post she made was pretty much awful, she plopped a vote aoi, and didn't really analyze any of the info she presented outside of the initial suspicion aoi gave off at the start of the day. It's way too early to have such static reads, and you look like a wolf who found a good parking spot.

                  The "good luck finding someone to vote" is just the disgusting icing on that cake tbh. It's going to take a major revelation to convince me this isn't where my d0 vote shold be. Everyone else weigh in if you please

                  Comment

                  • Makoto Naegi
                    FFR Player
                    • Jun 2018
                    • 0

                    #369
                    Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                    Kyoko I think you need to dip your head in some water and freshen up.

                    Your strict adherence to the ideal twg player and measuring everyone to that standard is going to waste a lot of your time.

                    You should know there are other factors in play here. My duty to catch wolves is tempered by my intrest in the game as a factor of time. If you don't hear from me for an entire day phase or I don't pay off my previous promises by the end of the day (without explanation) them you should come at me with the stakes and you can feel justified doing so. Any less than that and your just spinning your wheels at best or posturing at worst

                    Comment

                    • Kyoko Kirigiri
                      FFR Player
                      • Jun 2018
                      • 10

                      #370
                      Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                      Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
                      I've said this a couple times, but that's bad, Kiyotaka. That being said, I can see an advantage of a townie knowing people's identities-- meta could help form better reads-- but the costs outweigh the benefits.
                      This is, at the very least, a consistently held opinion by Byakuya. I think I agree with it, at least for now. The danger presented by the Identity Wolf outweighs the value of prior meta at this stage.

                      Anyway, Byakuya on review has been pro-town--that doesn't necessarily mean towny, although I'm ready them that way as well. But there's a good mix of activity, pressure, and general discussion. More to the point,

                      Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
                      makoto why
                      reads town to me. (The post is in response to Makoto's vote on Celestia). Celestia has been active as well, so I'm basically reading this as Byakuya being upset with this vote--meaning they're pro-Celestia, meaning they're committed to a pro-activity position. That feels like someone genuinely trying to keep the game going forward.

                      Comment

                      • Leon Kuwata
                        FFR Player
                        • Jun 2018
                        • 0

                        #371
                        Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                        I've been practicing my musical hobby so I've been away from the action. My activity will waver up and down because my availability is wonky. This will be cured soon.
                        I agree with content wolves as posted earlier

                        Comment

                        • Kyoko Kirigiri
                          FFR Player
                          • Jun 2018
                          • 10

                          #372
                          Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                          Originally posted by Makoto Naegi
                          Kyoko I think you need to dip your head in some water and freshen up.

                          Your strict adherence to the ideal twg player and measuring everyone to that standard is going to waste a lot of your time.

                          You should know there are other factors in play here. My duty to catch wolves is tempered by my intrest in the game as a factor of time. If you don't hear from me for an entire day phase or I don't pay off my previous promises by the end of the day (without explanation) them you should come at me with the stakes and you can feel justified doing so. Any less than that and your just spinning your wheels at best or posturing at worst
                          I mean, I've been absent for long periods today myself. My point is that posts that don't provide a why are, if not suspect, at least less useful than they should be.

                          Honestly, I'd have voted you right here for being defensive enough to respond to me in spite of your professed indifference--if you hadn't actually explained your vote. But you did, and your reason for it isn't terrible.

                          I actually found your early play interesting because it was so jokey and casual, yet seemed to hint that more was there. Motivated or not, you're someone I'd like to hear from more, because it seems like you can help move things along--to the extent you're motivated to, at least.

                          Comment

                          • Chihiro Fujisaki
                            FFR Player
                            • Jun 2018
                            • 3

                            #373
                            Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                            W-well..Celestia's "complacency" if she's town is because she wants the information of an Aoi flip... and has otherwise given "Day passes" to most of the active players... but the backpedal to calling her own push fairly "insignificant"... is strange...I think... but it doesn't bother me besides that...

                            I was surprised she claimed having a good idea who the acquisitoner is early on...I think...for that not to be exaggerating... it makes more sense from a wolf... because they have the most information...
                            Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                            **** chihiro has balls
                            Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
                            Why am I agreeing with Chihiro

                            what's happening

                            Comment

                            • Chihiro Fujisaki
                              FFR Player
                              • Jun 2018
                              • 3

                              #374
                              Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                              Sayaka
                              Originally posted by Mondo Owada
                              **** chihiro has balls
                              Originally posted by Byakuya Togami
                              Why am I agreeing with Chihiro

                              what's happening

                              Comment

                              • Kiyotaka Ishimaru
                                FFR Player
                                • Jun 2018
                                • 1

                                #375
                                Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

                                i ended up not sleeping so early


                                there's 15 mins left for phase and votes have barely changed


                                phantoms are on guys

                                Comment

                                Working...