TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • the sun fan
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2017
    • 658

    #1051
    Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

    Haku u had a lot to respond to but I'll try to touch on all of it.
    TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

    FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

    Comment

    • the sun fan
      FFR Player
      • Mar 2017
      • 658

      #1052
      Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

      Originally posted by Hakulyte
      Do you think XelNya is town ?
      resetting on him, not concluded yet
      TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

      FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

      Comment

      • the sun fan
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2017
        • 658

        #1053
        Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

        Originally posted by Hakulyte
        Going to go by the logical wrong assumption that everyone in the entire game is town and focus on |nonsense and weird things| because if I target players, the game will end before I finish complaining.

        The reason has to do with the idea that 10/13 players are town and if I start applying my scum lean expectations to everyone, it's not going to end well.

        Keeping this as reference for myself:

        D0:





        == Scanning thread ==


        #15: (blind)

        What does town Blind gain from that (?)

        I understand that you can pull crazy plays, but really it's like you're taking a risk with little room for a reward.



        #80: (Sunfan)

        No matter how hard I look and try to scum read MML, this just felt way too early. It felt more like shade than some sort of pressure vote with towny intentions.

        #82

        What made you assume that MML has a game plan? I feel like town Sunfan may have simply left a "pressure vote" and moved on.


        #103


        This post is telling me that it won't work in the future, but it doesn't deny that it may have worked for this game which is very confusing if your goal is to make me town read you by rejecting my read.



        #112 (Xel)


        Why try to shut down a push "that seems pointless" (?)

        #121 (Manti)


        That was a weird entrance because I cannot explain why you would post that even if it's true. It's just giving me unnecessary silly vibes of "haha, you made my game easier". I can't really expand beyond that without looking weird either.

        So, that post just made me go: "why?" and honestly you can probably answer whatever you want and I won't be able to do anything about it.

        #134 (FreezinIce)

        I guess I'll tell you the same thing as I told ShadoWolfe. You probably should quit using anything that counts as "appeal to emotions" unless the timing is specifically calling for it with me. I just don't even want to read into it anymore and I tend to automatically scum read anyone who seems to be taking advantage of it. That's probably one of the reasons why I tend to scum read a lot of players lately.

        #136 (blind)

        Looks like you were pointing at potential distancing here. I don't know if there's more you would want to develop at this point. W/W is no longer possible, but maybe W/T was a thing.

        #138

        #141

        I don't see it sorry. Celirra was fairly null at this point.

        #151: (Gradiant)


        I kind of get why you posted "don't do this", but I simply don't really see the gain for town.

        #166 (MML)

        Not gonna lie, I somehow skipped this and I feel bad for it because I remember that hidden "Eiffel 65 - Blue" link.

        I'm going to assume the majority didn't notice this and were too busy doing other things. It's definitely possible the wagon actually contain maybe 1-2 wolves, but I wouldn't bet the game on it.

        #168 (blind)

        I'm pretty sure this is just an act, but I can't decide for sure which side that makes him because maybe blind just really doesn't trust me at all. I still feel like there's some odd absence of game plan and I can't tell for sure what's going on here.

        #175 (Celirra)

        Seems to be playing with fire for little to no reason which is worrying me.

        #181

        This is really odd because first he's taking a quote that's not even addressed to him out of context and he's taking a stance that I cannot particularly understand either. This is also lacking explanation as to why he has this stance himself which is making evaluation difficult.

        #193 (XelNya/Haku) -early game stuff-


        There's something awkward about getting voted by someone I don't have a read on and continuing on that person's thought process about another person who I'm not sure how to read because the game just started. I just said things as they were to me, but I get your point.


        ...


        I guess my reads before this post are bad and you can discard them. I just need to throw more effort in that game and stop being lazy.

        Gotta sleep because almost 7 am and I've been slow and clearly had the wrong idea on a couple of things.
        1) its not a crazy risk. because no one would take it seriously.

        2) well, it was a pressure vote for the most part. I do regret not moving it from a later point onwards because I should've even if I did think Lar was pretty scummy, it was bad to park a vote on him, even if he was a wolf. I didn't assume he had a game plan, I said it felt like he didn't have a plan this time to me. Last turbo, while I read very little of the game, I saw a few posts from inDheart and I think similarly to Yoshl got the right read on him because I had no idea what he was saying when I really should have had that idea. This type of read on Lar was potentially jumping the gun, which is why I feel bad about leaving it on him for as long as I did. But you are wrong, it was a pressure vote for the most part.

        3) My goal wasn't to make you townread me, it was to tell you why that kind of read doesn't work on me. If you think that it may have worked this game, then I would counter with this type of post really can only be made and meant when someone believes in what they are saying. If that didn't make sense, I'll try it this way instead. Look back a bit, the whole reason my default status on discord is set to "don't ever show what game I am playing" is because I know you were reading me based partly on that. I guess you don't recall me mentioning that I know you read me based on that at AN, I think I made a joke during Secret Hitler about you townreading me by me saying "Well, I haven't been playing Civ 5, so I understand"

        4) A fair question. I think its just how Xel is as a player/person is all.

        5) Definitely deeper than I would've looked into this post, unfortunately I do agree with your conclusion, I am rather sure Manti as either alignment could say anything and nothing really would come of this.

        6) I think this makes me understand how you read people a bit better, because I wasn't sure if you were aware that you were doing this, but clearly you are. But I suppose that this isn't relevant.

        7) Yeah I don't know why either and I do think that was weird at the time. I also think he explained why later.

        8) I do agree with Jake that concluding someone's alignment from mechanics posts is very dumb almost all of the time, and that doing it on me is basically pointless. That's what is in it for town out of that.

        9) I don't see the soft there, but I can't listen to the music atm so if that's part of it that's why I don't see it.

        10) Next two posts are, imo, just shitposts.

        11) I think he posted that he misunderstood at the time? You'd have to be more specific about what you don't understand about his conclusion, it seems like its possible to follow to me.

        12) Nothing to say here.
        TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

        FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

        Comment

        • the sun fan
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2017
          • 658

          #1054
          Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

          roundbox might be the weirdest read to me atm
          he seems too... friendly? Not that's he not normally friendly, but its like slightly below Truman's neighbors from The Truman Show to where its so nice that I'm not sure if I believe its all completely legit.

          I don't know if that's even relevant but its what it feels like to me right now.
          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

          Comment

          • the sun fan
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2017
            • 658

            #1055
            Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

            the point he made about Freezin's vote on Lar yesterday was like... really good imo. If he made that up as a wolf it is impressive, and I don't think its anywhere near impossible for him to have made it up as a wolf or for Freezin/roundbox to not be any combinations of both alignments, but like... if he's a wolf he thought of something really deep really, really quickly.
            TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

            FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

            Comment

            • the sun fan
              FFR Player
              • Mar 2017
              • 658

              #1056
              Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

              Xiz talk to me please
              TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

              FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

              Comment

              • the sun fan
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2017
                • 658

                #1057
                Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                tell me how you feel on a few people and I tell you how I feel about how you feel
                TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                Comment

                • the sun fan
                  FFR Player
                  • Mar 2017
                  • 658

                  #1058
                  Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                  if you want me to tell you how I feel about people that works too but I'm just nowhere near solid
                  TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                  FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                  Comment

                  • the sun fan
                    FFR Player
                    • Mar 2017
                    • 658

                    #1059
                    Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                    Manti/Freezin/Gradiant?
                    that's a little scary
                    TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                    FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                    Comment

                    • the sun fan
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2017
                      • 658

                      #1060
                      Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                      maybe I shouldn't think about that kind of thing, this game feels like even I did get the team right it wouldn't feel good to me
                      like it wouldn't feel "right"
                      TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                      FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                      Comment

                      • the sun fan
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2017
                        • 658

                        #1061
                        Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                        Originally posted by LightManticorex2
                        I don't like a roundbox lynch. Meta seems to see him dying in the night very frequently.
                        I didn't realize this post before. I don't like it.

                        I don't think roundbox was ever on the table and this is such an odd reason for not wanting to lynch someone, even if they /have/ been dying in the night a lot early on recently that has nothing to do with their alignment this game. Yes, sometimes that person DOES die in the night, but I think town!manti believes that he would die above other people at a rate of very high frequency.

                        This post does not feel right to me and I would def like Manti to respond to my points about it when he has a chance.
                        TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                        FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                        Comment

                        • the sun fan
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2017
                          • 658

                          #1062
                          Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                          like yeah DBP said he would kill roundbox, but I don't really get why Manti would respond there with that because like... roundbox wasn't dying there almost ever.
                          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                          Comment

                          • the sun fan
                            FFR Player
                            • Mar 2017
                            • 658

                            #1063
                            Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                            Originally posted by LightManticorex2
                            Freezin has felt off to me so far, and I don't have a reason persay. I don't know why he feels off, I just keep getting vibes of ultirior motives from his posts I think.
                            This post makes me feel a /bit/ better but not enough.

                            If Manti is a wolf this would make me think Freezin is with him, I think. This feels like a read Manti would make on a partner, but I wouldn't put too much stock into it considering how good Manti is at zigging when I think he would zag.
                            TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                            FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                            Comment

                            • the sun fan
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2017
                              • 658

                              #1064
                              Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                              Xiz has 34 posts. Friendo... any chance that number more than doubles this phase?
                              If you're busy then you're busy but that's like... really low for you and Idk if I should be worried about that or not.
                              TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                              FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                              Comment

                              • the sun fan
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2017
                                • 658

                                #1065
                                Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                                Originally posted by Celirra
                                I'm going to focus on Xiz for a second here to hopefully get him out of his shell and contribute (see: shitpost?) a bit more here

                                So far all his posts have been short, either quips or little mechanical tidbits, which has two worlds for me:

                                1) a town trying to observe, and ensure nobody is thinking wrongly (I'm leaning towards this world)
                                2) a wolf staying in the background while trying to contribute to obvious queries (less likely I'm feeling)

                                The thing is here, I'm thinking back to two Xiz games, one of which was the C9++ game with Xiz, in which he was very much all over the place and chatty and shitposty and such, and the fire emblem game, in which he was more laid back and reserved in a lot of ways I feel (at least comparatively).

                                Unfortunately, this is the extent of my anecdotal evidence, but basically in the game he was more rowdy and boisterous he ended up flipping town, while in the game he was more conservative with his posts he was a wolf. I'm curious how this will progress, also if anyone has any corrections to my anecdotal evidence I'm all ears (maybe one of these two games were an outlier, though the trend also follows with how he plays in ltwg).
                                If you told me that this was what you based your read on Xiz a year ago (maybe even 6 months ago), I would've told you that I think its not a very good way to read Xiz, but I do think in recent times that what you have pointed out sure seems like it is alignment indicative, its just too recent of a trend to know how strong it is. I definitely dislike how conservative he's been this game more than I like it, but is that enough to kill someone? Prolly not?
                                TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                                FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                                Comment

                                Working...