TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hakulyte
    aka Haku
    • Jul 2005
    • 4697

    #1021
    Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

    Do you think XelNya is town ?

    Comment

    • Hakulyte
      aka Haku
      • Jul 2005
      • 4697

      #1022
      Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

      Originally posted by DaBackpack
      this is my world

      I'm pretty sure you know how this anime ends.

      Comment

      • Hakulyte
        aka Haku
        • Jul 2005
        • 4697

        #1023
        Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

        The more I reread, the more scum reads I get.

        wtf.

        Comment

        • Hakulyte
          aka Haku
          • Jul 2005
          • 4697

          #1024
          Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

          Going to go by the logical wrong assumption that everyone in the entire game is town and focus on |nonsense and weird things| because if I target players, the game will end before I finish complaining.

          The reason has to do with the idea that 10/13 players are town and if I start applying my scum lean expectations to everyone, it's not going to end well.

          Keeping this as reference for myself:

          D0:
          Originally posted by T-Force
          New Message - Sent 08/17/17 at 9:06 PM
          Subject: Final Vote Count

          Final Votecount:
          MixMasterLar: 5 - the sun fan [80], DaBackpack [800], roundbox [820], FreezinIce [832], Hakulyte [849]
          -
          blindreper1179: 2 - Celirra [791], LightManticoreX2 [841]
          FreezinIce: 2: - Hateandhatred [606], Gradiant [853] (due to being posted at 8:59 despite me saying to stop posting, I will count this vote)
          -
          the sun fan: 1 - MixMasterLar [343]
          Celirra: 1 - blindreper1179 [472]
          Hateandhatred: 1 - XelNya [524]
          DaBackpack: 1 - Xiz [609]



          == Scanning thread ==


          #15: (blind)
          Originally posted by blindreper1179
          Hello yes, I would like to win this game. I am the seer, and I'm picking DBP as my vigi choice. Thank you and goodnight.
          What does town Blind gain from that (?)

          I understand that you can pull crazy plays, but really it's like you're taking a risk with little room for a reward.



          #80: (Sunfan)
          Originally posted by the sun fan
          lar feels like a wolf or something
          No matter how hard I look and try to scum read MML, this just felt way too early. It felt more like shade than some sort of pressure vote with towny intentions.

          #82
          Originally posted by the sun fan
          he just feels kinda weird? I don't really know what he's doing and it normally feels like he has a game plan.
          What made you assume that MML has a game plan? I feel like town Sunfan may have simply left a "pressure vote" and moved on.


          #103
          Originally posted by the sun fan
          I've known that this is part of how you read me ever since you kept asking me about Civ 5 that one game (I thought I told you this at AN, maybe I did and you remember but it doesn't matter to you, which is fair game).

          It doesn't work because I know its part of how you read me, and I do think that part of your method is flawed, because I /don't/ need an escape from solving the game as a wolf most of the time, I just did that game.

          To the point, it was a good observation when you made it, but for future reference I don't think that you will be able to read me based on this when I roll wolf in the future.
          This post is telling me that it won't work in the future, but it doesn't deny that it may have worked for this game which is very confusing if your goal is to make me town read you by rejecting my read.



          #112 (Xel)
          Originally posted by XelNya
          I'm rarely serious.

          To really dumb it down: I think Haku's push is pointless.
          Why try to shut down a push "that seems pointless" (?)

          #121 (Manti)
          Originally posted by LightManticorex2
          I was going to post last night but saw this post and went "ew I have to log out to post not worth it" and went to bed.

          Thanks for the easy entry post though haku.
          That was a weird entrance because I cannot explain why you would post that even if it's true. It's just giving me unnecessary silly vibes of "haha, you made my game easier". I can't really expand beyond that without looking weird either.

          So, that post just made me go: "why?" and honestly you can probably answer whatever you want and I won't be able to do anything about it.

          #134 (FreezinIce)
          Originally posted by FreezinIce
          Please, i know your going to turn this into a tinfoil on me and I'm going to die. Why get my hopes up
          I guess I'll tell you the same thing as I told ShadoWolfe. You probably should quit using anything that counts as "appeal to emotions" unless the timing is specifically calling for it with me. I just don't even want to read into it anymore and I tend to automatically scum read anyone who seems to be taking advantage of it. That's probably one of the reasons why I tend to scum read a lot of players lately.

          #136 (blind)
          Originally posted by blindreper1179
          Mml/ sun wolf team if sun is wolf. Mml hasn't been wolfy yet.
          Looks like you were pointing at potential distancing here. I don't know if there's more you would want to develop at this point. W/W is no longer possible, but maybe W/T was a thing.

          #138
          Originally posted by blindreper1179
          caught up. celery
          #141
          Originally posted by blindreper1179
          He knows why
          I don't see it sorry. Celirra was fairly null at this point.

          #151: (Gradiant)
          Originally posted by Gradiant
          don't do this
          I kind of get why you posted "don't do this", but I simply don't really see the gain for town.

          #166 (MML)
          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
          leaving now. Whenever someone ask where I am show them this

          Not gonna lie, I somehow skipped this and I feel bad for it because I remember that hidden "Eiffel 65 - Blue" link.

          I'm going to assume the majority didn't notice this and were too busy doing other things. It's definitely possible the wagon actually contain maybe 1-2 wolves, but I wouldn't bet the game on it.

          #168 (blind)
          Originally posted by blindreper1179
          Is it possible for me to choose a wolf as the vigi?
          I'm pretty sure this is just an act, but I can't decide for sure which side that makes him because maybe blind just really doesn't trust me at all. I still feel like there's some odd absence of game plan and I can't tell for sure what's going on here.

          #175 (Celirra)
          Originally posted by Celirra
          Are you voting for the cutest wolf contest? If so I'm flattered
          Seems to be playing with fire for little to no reason which is worrying me.

          #181
          Originally posted by Celirra
          I still want a better answer from mml because I also think this thinking is a bad trap to fall into, and honestly I really don't like mml's current attempted response.

          That said I think sunfan is looking ok for now so it's not like I'm arguing against mml, more against his thought process. Seems like he's trying to make an ally with sunfan (different than friends!!!!)
          This is really odd because first he's taking a quote that's not even addressed to him out of context and he's taking a stance that I cannot particularly understand either. This is also lacking explanation as to why he has this stance himself which is making evaluation difficult.

          #193 (XelNya/Haku) -early game stuff-
          Originally posted by XelNya
          No, I'm pointing out that you saying you did it only because pushed to makes it sound insincere.
          There's something awkward about getting voted by someone I don't have a read on and continuing on that person's thought process about another person who I'm not sure how to read because the game just started. I just said things as they were to me, but I get your point.


          ...


          I guess my reads before this post are bad and you can discard them. I just need to throw more effort in that game and stop being lazy.

          Gotta sleep because almost 7 am and I've been slow and clearly had the wrong idea on a couple of things.

          Comment

          • Hakulyte
            aka Haku
            • Jul 2005
            • 4697

            #1025
            Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

            Celirra/FreezinIce/Manti are a weird group for me at this point, but I'm not checking everything.

            Comment

            • Hakulyte
              aka Haku
              • Jul 2005
              • 4697

              #1026
              Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

              unvote

              Pointless atm.

              Comment

              • Celirra
                FFR Player
                • Apr 2015
                • 749

                #1027
                Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                Phone posting from work during break, re evaluating some stances
                ,,
                 ,_, -ー'"{
                 ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                彡と} 猫.{つ

                Comment

                • Celirra
                  FFR Player
                  • Apr 2015
                  • 749

                  #1028
                  Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                  Not gonna quote cause lolmobilequoting but my main stance change is on sunfan, I'm getting really bad flashbacks to the last game he rolled wolf in, in which he didn't really do anything that much and then made apologies for having a hard time, which is really similar to here. Combined with my tinfoil theory, not looking good for my d0 friend. It's weird too because it seems people are backing off on him
                  ,,
                   ,_, -ー'"{
                   ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                   ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                  彡と} 猫.{つ

                  Comment

                  • Celirra
                    FFR Player
                    • Apr 2015
                    • 749

                    #1029
                    Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                    I still see blind scummy and that hasn't changed, I'm tunneling sure but I think it's justified
                    ,,
                     ,_, -ー'"{
                     ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                     ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                    彡と} 猫.{つ

                    Comment

                    • Celirra
                      FFR Player
                      • Apr 2015
                      • 749

                      #1030
                      Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                      Haku is actually trying and making good points and not just trying to provoke discussion etc which is super different than anything I've seen out of haku which worries me because I've only ever seen him as town and he seems more... professional and such this game. This might be because he's trying to get people on his side more but it's still a slight antitown lean in my books just becsuse it is haku
                      ,,
                       ,_, -ー'"{
                       ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                       ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                      彡と} 猫.{つ

                      Comment

                      • Celirra
                        FFR Player
                        • Apr 2015
                        • 749

                        #1031
                        Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                        Still waiting for the rest to do anything noteworthy, it's bad that I can't think of a single game solving attempt by freezin other than "x is town" or "y is wolf"; slight tones of that from gradient and dbp but to a lesser extent. The biggest offender of this is still Xiz of course; I'm also still waiting for manti to try. I can't really read any of these 5 because of it.
                        ,,
                         ,_, -ー'"{
                         ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                         ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                        彡と} 猫.{つ

                        Comment

                        • Celirra
                          FFR Player
                          • Apr 2015
                          • 749

                          #1032
                          Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                          Roundbox seems a-ok in my book
                          ,,
                           ,_, -ー'"{
                           ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                           ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                          彡と} 猫.{つ

                          Comment

                          • Celirra
                            FFR Player
                            • Apr 2015
                            • 749

                            #1033
                            Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                            Keeping vote on blind still but expressing willingness to vote sunfan to an extent right now and maybe haku
                            ,,
                             ,_, -ー'"{
                             ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                             ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                            彡と} 猫.{つ

                            Comment

                            • Celirra
                              FFR Player
                              • Apr 2015
                              • 749

                              #1034
                              Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                              Originally posted by Hakulyte
                              Celirra/FreezinIce/Manti are a weird group for me at this point, but I'm not checking everything.
                              Is a weird group scummy?
                              ,,
                               ,_, -ー'"{
                               ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                               ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                              彡と} 猫.{つ

                              Comment

                              • Celirra
                                FFR Player
                                • Apr 2015
                                • 749

                                #1035
                                Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

                                Double post
                                ,,
                                 ,_, -ー'"{
                                 ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                                 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                                彡と} 猫.{つ

                                Comment

                                Working...