TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dAnceguy117
    new hand moves = dab
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2002
    • 10103

    #1201
    Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

    jwcgator

    I'm out of commission till late tonight

    Comment

    • mellonxcollie
      Sectional Moderator
      Sectional Moderator
      • Dec 2006
      • 1304

      #1202
      Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

      Hi. Just finished catching up on the thread. krauthammer is an interesting choice...

      Also that is some very interesting back-and-forth from thesunfan and T-Force, very in-depth!

      I don't like the idea of "wasted" seerings. The only "wasted" seerings are those that overlap. Even if whoever is seered has a green result, that is important info. It narrows the pool of potential wolves, helps us avoid mis-lynching and gives us a good anchor to decide who else is green based on how they are interacting with the green player. Obviously it's not as beneficial as seering a red, but it's not completely useless. I don't think any seer that comes out with a result is a waste, so people yelling "I'd be a waste of a seer!" (thesunfan) are just a little bit suspicious to me.
      Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

      Comment

      • thesunfan
        Role Tide
        Sectional Moderator
        • May 2011
        • 10859

        #1203
        Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

        I would be a waste of a seer because no one other than one person really has had suspicion on me to assume I'm red. It seems that most of you people think I'm green, and I am. I started playing a suspicious game, but after Yoshl's death, that plan kind of fell apart. I feel like there are much better players to seer, such as yourself mellon. If I can't convince you not to, fine, I'll live. I feel that we have very little to gain from this because so many of you think I'm green already. We need to seer one of the people that's up in the air. I'd suggest T-Force, if I can't get him killed, or mellon due to old suspicions on her.
        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
        Originally posted by XelNya
        I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
        Originally posted by star-crossed
        (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

        Comment

        • Xiz
          TWG Chaos
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Feb 2012
          • 3399

          #1204
          Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

          Hey sorry busy day for me I won't be able to talk till later tonight or tomorrow

          Comment

          • mellonxcollie
            Sectional Moderator
            Sectional Moderator
            • Dec 2006
            • 1304

            #1205
            Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

            Err I'd suggest Tokzic seers whoever he wants to seer. If that's me, that's fine, if it's someone else, that's fine too. As long as we get a result and find out some new information.

            You would not be a waste of a seer, that's what I'm saying. No matter what your result, as long as there is a result, we benefit. There is always going to be a risk seering anyone, the point of seering them is that you don't know what their alliance is. So what if "most players" think you're green? Nobody actually knows for sure, and having that information be concrete is beneficial. It's not as beneficial as finding a red, but the seer is taking a shot in the dark either way. And there is definitely a chance that you are red, so that seer would not be wasted.
            Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

            Comment

            • mellonxcollie
              Sectional Moderator
              Sectional Moderator
              • Dec 2006
              • 1304

              #1206
              Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

              Wait Tokzic is night seer. Whatever, still applies to both seers.
              Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

              Comment

              • dAnceguy117
                new hand moves = dab
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Dec 2002
                • 10103

                #1207
                Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                Originally posted by mellonxcollie
                So what if "most players" think you're green?
                I think the idea is that seering someone widely considered town doesn't give as much info. if I think you're green and then you get seered green, I didn't really learn anything.

                seering someone suspected as red 1) hopefully is more likely to return red, and 2) redirects the next lynch toward a better target if the result wasn't red.

                not 100% sure if I subscribe to this idea, but it's food for thought.

                *vanishes till 8pm eastern for real this time*

                Comment

                • thesunfan
                  Role Tide
                  Sectional Moderator
                  • May 2011
                  • 10859

                  #1208
                  Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                  @T-Force. Yes, I was saying that in general. I didn't direct that at you, or anyone else for that matter.

                  Before I get to my points, I would like to say that I didn't expect this kind of reaction from you. These are your first really in-depth posts since you made your list, which as I've pointed out before, I have problems with. I do think this is also suspicious, as you don't seem intent on contributing unless someone accuses you or when we can lynch someone.

                  1) Yeah, what you did was even less than that, you didn't give any evidence at all. No, we can't *KNOW* if a player is the MW as a human, not sure why you keep pointing out that there's no way to know. The point still remains that you threw a lot of shit at Charu, but held onto your vote, even when it became clear that a lynch on RP wasn't going to happen. Its a wolf play.

                  2) Again, not going after you for the typo, though I do assume that it could mess things up a bit with the list. A bit off the table, but why did you take it so seriously? I don't think anyone else did? Its not a wolf play, but I don't understand why you gave it such merit. What is "True; noted" even directed to?? There's a lot more on this point that you've skipped over.

                  3) Alright, fine. Still not happy at how you've been defending your votes, especially when they've been cast. I'll show you some more respect though. "I have reason to doubt the color of your role after evidence has arisen regarding the timeliness and motive behind your lynch votes." That should be a bit more respectful.

                  4) The wording on this is just... what? "[I] figured he'd be gone without anyone else really picking up suspicion." He was the ONLY vote in your head? You've mentioned that you were suspicious of other players, but that he was the only person that had any suspicion? I'm confuzzled.

                  5) Yes, problem. The goal of this game is not to make people happy (even though you made me happy earlier ). Overall, the point is to have fun, and I do hope you are. The point after that is to win, and how you get there is dependent upon your role.
                  Yes, anyone can be the MW that doesn't come up with a reading of red. I don't know why you keep mentioning this obvious point. Can you explain WHY you feel good about lynching Charu, what posts made you feel like he was a wolf, etc.

                  6) Yeah, the first bit is more advice than anything. Regardless of your role, you made a mistake using a quote from a player we just lynched. Dun dew tat. How would you feel about toxiiauisad seering you? Do you think there are better targets to learn the role of?

                  7) You're not playing a human or wolf game when I directly challenge you, and that's confusing for me. I think your personality is showing, and you're saying "let this townie try and PROVE that I'm a red, he can't possibly do that as I've played a great game as a wolf." But you are right, this is a weaker point of mine.

                  8) Yeah, I'm cool with failure. You have to be to play this game. Two blues of ours have had to reveal, and that fucking sucks. But you can't kick yourself all game for it. You've gotta get past it, and try to make sure that it doesn't happen again. But I don't think I'm wrong this time. I'm more sure that you're a wolf than I am anyone else now (and its a relief to say that, because Xiz usually takes that spot).

                  As for your vote on Riotpolice, maybe it would be best to remind him of some of the "aforementioned suspicions" that you're worried about, rather than have him dig through both your and his posts until he finds what you're talking about. Don't ask him to defend his green-ness if you're not going to directly accuse him of anything. 2c
                  Originally posted by Vendetta21
                  Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                  Originally posted by XelNya
                  I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                  Originally posted by star-crossed
                  (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                  Comment

                  • thesunfan
                    Role Tide
                    Sectional Moderator
                    • May 2011
                    • 10859

                    #1209
                    Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                    @mellon, toixuiuiau is DAY seer, not night. And I strongly suggest that he look into you.
                    Originally posted by Vendetta21
                    Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                    Originally posted by XelNya
                    I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                    Originally posted by star-crossed
                    (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                    Comment

                    • mellonxcollie
                      Sectional Moderator
                      Sectional Moderator
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 1304

                      #1210
                      Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                      OK I was confused and second guessed myself, rofl. He can look into whoever he wants!
                      Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                      Comment

                      • T-Force
                        Your world ends with you
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jan 2007
                        • 4753

                        #1211
                        Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                        Here we go again.

                        Point 2:
                        "True; noted" was directed at your breakdown of my last two votes. True regarded Riot, noted was at "you don't withold a vote of someone you're suspicious of. Ever. Unless you're a wolf ensuring a lynch."

                        Point 4:
                        Others were slightly, but not fully (see the oranges at the time), whereas he was the only full red I had. To sum up: others have/had some suspicion, he has FULL suspicion.

                        Point 5:
                        That was meant more as a joke statement, but meh. (as for the record, yes, omgsofun!)
                        The posts that really sealed it for me were when Charu started going after Tokzic and after Tokzic's reveal, his potential slip of mentioning: "I don't die today, I will certainly die tonight with him just killing me."
                        Then, with BDN and Tokzic pointing out why he dun goofed, suspicion was elevated to the point of "alright, he's probably a wolf. Doesn't matter whether Riot goes or him."

                        Point 6: Tokzic can seer me all he wants. That's cool with me. I think he'd be wasting his time, but whatever. Riot might be a good one, and you due to your lovely attacks on me, but that's just a personal preference.

                        Point 7:
                        Uhhh.. Thanks?

                        Point 8:
                        To be fair, one blue one pseudo-blue green. Unless someone found another when no one was looking...
                        Was that a slip, or is this you implying that YOU found another blue?

                        thesunfan
                        Life is simply unfair... Don't you think?

                        Comment

                        • thesunfan
                          Role Tide
                          Sectional Moderator
                          • May 2011
                          • 10859

                          #1212
                          Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                          lmao, you seem really interested in slips in this game. You went after BDN for using "she" oddly, you went after Charu for making a mistake regarding the rules (which I will admit, I didn't know either, I thought he could just vigi whomever he wished.), now you're going after me regarding a bit of slight mis-information. You seem to go after people for small things, rather than large.... But yeah, I'd probably vote for me too if I was getting attacked this hard. It would be suspicious if you didn't. BUT, a few posts ago you said that you felt like I wasn't a wolf. Did it change this fast? Would a wolf go this hard in on a player? Especially after I've had you at the top of my list since the beginning? I feel like I've made my case agianst you, and I hope other humans at least see what I'm saying... I really feel like I've made a find here.
                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                          Originally posted by XelNya
                          I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                          Originally posted by star-crossed
                          (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                          Comment

                          • dAnceguy117
                            new hand moves = dab
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Dec 2002
                            • 10103

                            #1213
                            Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                            Riotpolice you appear to be viewing the thread, whatcha thinkin'

                            Comment

                            • Riotpolice
                              "Reach For The Stars"
                              • Nov 2010
                              • 1921

                              #1214
                              Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                              Making a large post danceguy, been working on it for a long time...
                              Originally posted by hi19hi19
                              Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

                              Originally posted by m0de
                              im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.

                              Comment

                              • Riotpolice
                                "Reach For The Stars"
                                • Nov 2010
                                • 1921

                                #1215
                                Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                                *Drum roll please*

                                Riotpolice's Sexylicious List:


                                Tokzic - You're blue. You've said it in the thread. You've proved it. You've shared your seering results with us. There's really not much else to say... (I'm sorry for voting towards you D2, I just wanted to place it somewhere, never thought I'd be placing it on a blue.)

                                BDN - You are 100% green because you spoke out loud your role in the thread. There's no doubt you're green. I just want you to know that I don't have beef with you anymore.

                                Mellonxcollie - You seem to be posting a little more, I like that. You do seem genuine with your posting, another thing I noticed. I've not played with you or heard your name ever here on FFR, so I have nothing to base my thoughts off of except for this game. This is probably puting me at a slight disadvantage to everyone else because you guys have a general ballpark estimate as to how each of you "posts". (Or maybe it's because you're trying to get on my good side.) I'll keep watching you...

                                **note the order I have placed the yellows are in descending from lease suspicious (pntballa) to most suspicious (T-Force)**

                                Pntballer18 - You've given some good input in the beginning where you wanted the seers to be given some kind of direction. You've not posted as much as I want to see. I don't know what else I can say about you except for the fact that I don't know your posting strategies and whatnot. Would like to see more however, what you have already is good. I'm only putting you on yellow because I don't really have any real solid evidence that could make you a green.

                                Danceguy 117 - You've been giving out some really good input/critical thinking towards people in the thead. You're also very stern with your words, you seem confident in yourself IE post 1171. Either you're a blue, or you're green. Havn't seen any kind of sign that you might be red...

                                thensunfan - I'm not going to doubt your greeness, but you are putting up a very hard fight to kill T-Force. Although I liked it how you softly defended me at one point in the game, I had to look at it from the other side and because it makes us like we're tied together somehow, it kinda put me on edge.

                                Xiz - I'm almost positive you're 100% not blue. Could go either way with you in terms of being green/red. You're only yellow because I can't place you.

                                T-Force - You seem to be very intent on trying to get me voted out. You are basing your vote off of my crappy(644) post and I can tell because you haven't shown any signs of deviating from me since my 644 post. Then, your next post was your list of people (734) that singles ME out of everyone else. I mean, look at it! You didn't put anyone else red except for ME! Like sunfan said, you can keep trying to play the newbie card, but I'll have you know that it's still making you look like you've have a bad case of the tunnel visionitis, whether your play the newbie card or not. This mix of tunnel visionitis and the way you posted recently (59-61) is what warrants you the color red.

                                jwc - Dude, where are you. I have almost nothing to base my thoughts on except my opinion that you'd be a green player or an extremely inactive blue.

                                Runescapedude1126 - Hey man, not to be bugging you or anything but I almost forgot you were playing too. I think at this point in the game, there's really no placing people as red/blue because of inactivity. You're in a similar if not the same boat as jwc (except you have posted slightly more than he did)...

                                Absolutely nothing on this list is permanent. I will change stuff around as the thread moves on, so nobody's color is going to just stay one color.

                                A note about the red: I don't feel good about marking anymore than one or two people red if I am not confident they are red. It makes everything much harder to place evidence on 3+ red players unless if each has their own solid story as to why they could be red. I've decided to reserve those placements for players who I think are red. Consider it to be rare if I ever place more than 3 people red.

                                As for the dead, I am not confident we have lynched and killed any wolves in the lynchings that have taken place. I feel terrible that we had to kill DragonIIDX in the very beginning because he could have easily been replaced with someone else. I feel really terrible about lynching Charu because (and I'm not afraid to admit this) I myself more or less bandwagon'd him to death.

                                But this next lynch... I'm starting to feel that T-Force is becoming more and more like a better candidate in terms of the conversation that's going on with sunfan and you... (and if you're lynched T-Force, I will count that as -1 wolf)

                                Deceased:
                                • Krauthammer - Murdered by wolves.
                                • YoshL - Murdered by wolves.
                                • DarkManticoreX2 - Murdered by wolves.
                                • DragonIIDX - Death by lynching.
                                • Charu - Death by lynching.

                                Regarding Charu's posts during the end there, I thought it could have looked at from either way. Really, if you looked at the way he was posting, it could have been looked at from both ends of the spectrum. Like, it could have easily been read up as a green post or a red post....but obviously neither got him out of the situation he was in.

                                lol this post took me like 3 hours, I had plenty of fun doing it though. Now all I have to do is just keep updating it....
                                Originally posted by hi19hi19
                                Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

                                Originally posted by m0de
                                im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.

                                Comment

                                Working...