TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Xiz
    TWG Chaos
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Feb 2012
    • 3399

    #496
    Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

    Okay, time to come clean.

    I already know most of you think I am green now, but just in case...

    I pretty much fucked up lmfao. I admit that. Cool. Yeah for some reason the whole 'In thread talk' thing didn't click in my mind when I was thinking of that, and I wanted to come out immediately to start building a small alliance, even though that's impossible.

    So, my apologies. Sorry team.


    Also, I want everyone's thoughts on BDN's seer strat. I expect an answer or at least some comment from everyone. Besides Tokzic, because I couldn't possibly give a less fuck about him.

    Comment

    • YoshL
      Celestial Harbor
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Aug 2008
      • 6156

      #497
      Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

      Originally posted by thesunfan
      BDN, good post, but you seem to not know that in the death post, its stated how the person dies... we'll know if its a wolf-kill or a vigi-kill through autopsy. Manti "bled to death from a deep bite mark on his shoulder."
      It is because of this that if inspector gets a red in his day seering, he should nail them at night asap.

      Because it takes the place of a wolfing, it's a free kill that gives an earlier advantage.


      Originally posted by Charu
      Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

      Comment

      • YoshL
        Celestial Harbor
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Aug 2008
        • 6156

        #498
        Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

        Originally posted by Xiz
        Okay, time to come clean.

        I already know most of you think I am green now, but just in case...

        I pretty much fucked up lmfao. I admit that. Cool. Yeah for some reason the whole 'In thread talk' thing didn't click in my mind when I was thinking of that, and I wanted to come out immediately to start building a small alliance, even though that's impossible.

        So, my apologies. Sorry team.


        Also, I want everyone's thoughts on BDN's seer strat. I expect an answer or at least some comment from everyone. Besides Tokzic, because I couldn't possibly give a less fuck about him.
        uh what the fuck are you talking about


        Originally posted by Charu
        Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

        Comment

        • cedolad
          moonchild~
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jan 2007
          • 6879

          #499
          Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

          Originally posted by Tokzic
          oh oops i forgot the first vote, the gotcha post that cleared all doubt in everyone's minds and made us see the truth: clearly dragon2dix is a wolf



          just kidding it's another self-preservation vote
          You need to calm down Mr. Self Righteous.

          Lets attack the guy who couldn't change his vote.




          Because that's fucking sensible.




          And where the fuck were you when I was first calling out questions and getting the flow of information going? No where.




          Where was Dragon when I initially placed my reaction vote on him, no where.




          So why are you defending Dragon when he had more than enough time to chime in to defend himself? Unless you're his wolf buddy. Is this true Tokdix? Or are you too angry and self-righteous that you forgot you were playing TWG?

          Comment

          • cedolad
            moonchild~
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jan 2007
            • 6879

            #500
            Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

            Extra spaces because mad.

            Comment

            • YoshL
              Celestial Harbor
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Aug 2008
              • 6156

              #501
              Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

              \n


              Originally posted by Charu
              Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

              Comment

              • YoshL
                Celestial Harbor
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Music Producer
                • Aug 2008
                • 6156

                #502
                Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                </br>


                Originally posted by Charu
                Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                Comment

                • cedolad
                  moonchild~
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 6879

                  #503
                  Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                  Originally posted by cedolad
                  You need to calm down Mr. Self Righteous.

                  Lets attack the guy who couldn't change his vote.




                  Because that's fucking sensible.




                  And where the fuck were you when I was first calling out questions and getting the flow of information going? No where.




                  Where was Dragon when I initially placed my reaction vote on him, no where.




                  So why are you defending Dragon when he had more than enough time to chime in to defend himself? Unless you're his wolf buddy. Is this true Tokdix? Or are you too angry and self-righteous that you forgot you were playing TWG?
                  quoting this because bottom page-ish and I want Mr. Self Righteous to answer this fucking shit.

                  Comment

                  • Xiz
                    TWG Chaos
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 3399

                    #504
                    Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                    I think Yosh and I are speaking different languages. I speak in Korean he thinks I am speaking in German. Lmfao I love it.

                    Comment

                    • Riotpolice
                      "Reach For The Stars"
                      • Nov 2010
                      • 1921

                      #505
                      Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                      Originally posted by mellonxcollie
                      HELLO PEOPLE

                      BDN that plan does sound like a good one to me. My question is still how the seers will communicate with each other and with the rest of us without the wolves trying to sabotage things. Like... would we vote for who we want to be seered? And have everything just be totally public? I'm honestly a bit confused.
                      I'm pretty sure we'd just have to fall on doing a public vote. Because this game is in-thread, we have no chance of speaking to the seers directly. A voting system should definitely be utilized for the people so we can at least voice our opinions on who we suggest being seered. That, at least lets us have some sort of control over the game.
                      Originally posted by hi19hi19
                      Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

                      Originally posted by m0de
                      im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.

                      Comment

                      • thesunfan
                        Role Tide
                        Sectional Moderator
                        • May 2011
                        • 10859

                        #506
                        Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                        I didn't understand what the fuck you were talking about in that post either...
                        Originally posted by Vendetta21
                        Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                        Originally posted by XelNya
                        I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                        Originally posted by star-crossed
                        (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                        Comment

                        • mellonxcollie
                          Sectional Moderator
                          Sectional Moderator
                          • Dec 2006
                          • 1304

                          #507
                          Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                          I'm not really sure that a voting system is the best idea. Something about it seems like a bad idea... I guess maybe it's too easy to sabotage? Like what would prevent the wolves from just killing whoever the "voted" seer target is and rendering that seer useless?

                          Again I'm just sorta confused about this whole thing and want clarification. I get the idea behind it, but I also think that we should have faith in the seers to use their best judgement because that way everything isn't just out in the open like this.

                          Also this Tokzic hate is fucking hilarious
                          Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                          Comment

                          • pntballa18
                            FFR Player
                            • Mar 2005
                            • 3357

                            #508
                            Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                            Originally posted by Brilliant Dynamite Neon
                            Tokzic, I love you. You slice flawed logic up like an industrial bread slicer. We definitely need to get back in touch. That is, if you ever really wanted to associate with me in the first place...

                            Okay, serious time.

                            Why I Believe In Split Seerings

                            I could see why certain people here are inclined to have the Inspector and Enforcer coordinate their seerings. The theory that coordination means we lose no info with one of the seers dying is the primary argument for this strategy, and it's definitely the wisest. However, in practice this falls apart and becomes impossible to coordinate with real benefit to the town IMO. Compared to splitting up commanded seering (which is my plan), coordinated seers fall short for:

                            – Commanded seerings being utterly wasted. All communication is public, therefore anyone we want to seer is public, and therefore any wolf team with a brain will take the opportunity to render our efforts moot. The first time the inspector sees a wolf, they're dead no matter what, there's nothing they can do about that. In any other case, what's the big edge for the town? I don't see it. If the target of any seer is human, they're getting wolfed. If the target of an Enforcer is a wolf, he might not be outed right away, given that with four wolves he might be building toward a reveal he doesn't live to make. (If you think "simply not dying" will make a coordinated seer target a viable lynch, see next point.) How can you coordinate seer readings with someone who's dead? Not without outing yourself in the thread and subsequently getting killed yourself. Plus, with less seer readings, it is less likely for such a gambit to be worth it. Less readings = less chances of wolf finding. Split seering covers a wider area, and wolves only have ONE kill. They can't waste TWO seerings.

                            – On the flip side, wolves can take advantage of a single announced target to frame innocents - or at least leave the town in the dark. One would think that if an announced seering target survives, they would be a wolf, right? Thus, if said person was human, it'd be a perfectly viable wolf strategy to leave them alive to cast suspicion on them. Especially if they were under undue suspicion before. This plan makes the perfect kind of wolf kill available – one that gives the town null or faulty information. Having the seers target different individuals stems this kind of trickery. Since it doesn't hinge on the postulation that BOTH readings will be fruitful, as opposed to the monolithic coordinated reading, it is MUCH harder for the wolves to make misdirection plays with their kills.

                            – If we DON'T command coordinated seering, compliance with this plan will be impossible, barring outing one of them and/or sheer dumb luck. Sure, this will prevent us wasting our seerings, but then we might as well not have a plan at all. Nobody can communicate outside of the thread, so there's no way of letting anyone know of a seer target without letting the wolves know as well. Therefore it is left to the luck of the draw, or more precisely the whims of the seers. By now, it's clear that there are advantages to split seering, and handling it smartly will not require the untimely outing of either of the seers, I don't see a reason they would have not to comply, unless there is something VERY suspicious and/or obvious that we somehow miss.

                            As for the actual commanding (attention everyone for voting for targets): I think the best thing to do would be to have the Inspector hit high suspicions, and the Enforcer hit moderate suspicions. Some may argue that under a split seering plan we have more unknown quantities as town, and after a fashion you're right. But, given that more people are getting targeted, and that the most suspicious are getting hit by the one with a vigi, it's more likely that one of those unknown quantities are dying if they are a wolf. And of course, as a safety net, we have the Aide to come out and let us know if any of our clairvoyant brethren have fallen, so we can adjust our strategy accordingly, and have a confirmed human for 2 more nights. From there, if those unknown quantities are too much to bear in light of a seer's death, we have ways of rectifying them. If the Inspector dies first, the first thing the Enforcer should do IMO is seer someone that died after they were voted for an Inspector seer, to confirm that it was a vigi or a wolfing (which is the only good use of seering the dead I can think of.) If the Enforcer dies first...I'm not sure. The only thing I could think of right now depend on whether the Inspector still has their vigi, and any plan based on learning confidential role info is shot in this game.

                            Anyways, that's all I have to say, and that's why I'm sticking to my plan. Any counter arguments are welcome. My next major post tomorrow will try to analyze yesterday's atrocious lynch.

                            P.S, the Search function ignoring ALL WORDS FOUR LETTERS AND BELOW is easily the pinnacle of fucktarded administrative decisions on this forum, never mind the caps filter.
                            To summarize:
                            Originally posted by pntballa18
                            I think it would be beneficial to split up the seering duties, with two objectives in mind: to prevent the seers from picking the same target, and to give the inspector the highest chance of finding a wolf.

                            My idea is to have the inspector seer publicly suspected players, while the enforcer seers someone else. So let's say Day 1 player X gets lynched with 5 votes and player Y had 4, the inspector seers player Y and if Y is a wolf, now a wolf dies night 2 instead of a human/blue. Maybe there is some merit to having the enforcer seer dead players, but I don't really see how that would be worth sacrificing the chance to find, with 100% certainty, a living wolf.

                            Comment

                            • Xiz
                              TWG Chaos
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Feb 2012
                              • 3399

                              #509
                              Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                              Fuck it never mind then lmfao.

                              Comment

                              • pntballa18
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2005
                                • 3357

                                #510
                                Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                                Originally posted by Xiz
                                Fuck it never mind then lmfao.
                                I'll explain my confusion with your post. It read like you were a blue trying to start an early alliance, but you're not a blue (or if you are you're one ballsy sonofabitch for holding your tongue while your neck was on the guillotine) so saying "I wanted to come out immediately to start building a small alliance, even though that's impossible." makes absolutely no sense to me. Especially considering there's a MW this game, so why on Earth would a green be allowed to start an alliance, even if out of game communication was allowed?

                                Comment

                                Working...