TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
    nobody fiffers anymore.
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2006
    • 2440

    #721
    Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

    I take a long time to do shit, that's just how I am

    Tokzic raises some good points as usual. I really don't like the degree of active lurking here. People just pop up with a few null-tell posts and then disappear. It makes me worry about most of the wolves possibly playing a cruise game.

    I'm fully aware of the possibility that the seers are just doing whatever they feel like, especially since we've just been bickering dunderheads that have mostly stayed a vote until the last minute. I still believe in the plan, mostly. I understand, from an Enforcer's perspective, why he'd want to act on his own, given that middling suspicions are very fickle and contested. But for the Inspector, I don't see a reason to not listen. Go with player most suspected outside of the lynch target (and therefore voted to be seered) for the day. We literally have nothing to lose, and and possibly a lot to gain, from her power.
    ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

    Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

    Comment

    • Charu
      Snivy! Dohoho!
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Mar 2006
      • 6207

      #722
      Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

      Originally posted by Brilliant Dynamite Neon
      ...from her power...
      Hmm...

      Probably nothing and I'm over-thinking, but... That's the first time I saw someone referencing a female to an unknown person. That's uncommon.


      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
      Had a very shiny nose
      And if you ever saw it
      You could even say it glows

      All of the other Snivies
      Used to laugh and call him names
      They never let poor Charu
      Join in any Snivy games

      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


      Originally posted by Vendetta21
      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

      Comment

      • thesunfan
        Role Tide
        Sectional Moderator
        • May 2011
        • 10859

        #723
        Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

        I'm so glad one of you finally thinks I'm a wolf, I was getting worried...

        I actually deliberately gave very little info in my vote, hoping that you would call me out, which is they typical green response. And yeah, you did, but you did it in a post where you attacked someone more than me... which I find is odd. I didn't really think you were *too* sketchy, just figured I could get more out of you, and it turns out I did. You've actually made me a bit more suspicious of RiotPolice, who at this point I felt like was riding along as just a newbie. I hardly noticed him taking from my joke that the seers shouldn't waste their time with me. THAT BEING SAID, I still feel he's green, just not that he's solid on my list. I think we're harping on an easy target. But hey, if there's anything I learned from last game, its that I trust the wrong people. What also interests me, is how you talk about toxkjiuiajuie as though he isn't lurking, hehe. But yeah, I do agree with you that the wolves are probably coasting along, which is why I think that RP isn't one.

        @tockizewqeweqweqweqweqweqwewqwe
        yes, discussion is good... can you post some thoughts of your own instead of +1ing the shit out of BDN's post?
        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
        Originally posted by XelNya
        I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
        Originally posted by star-crossed
        (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

        Comment

        • mellonxcollie
          Sectional Moderator
          Sectional Moderator
          • Dec 2006
          • 1304

          #724
          Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

          Originally posted by Brilliant Dynamite Neon
          I really don't like the degree of active lurking here. People just pop up with a few null-tell posts and then disappear. It makes me worry about most of the wolves possibly playing a cruise game.
          I think you are grasping at straws here. Maybe I am just a bad player but I lurk everywhere I visit online like all the time, and TWG's no different. I want to keep updated but if I don't have anything relevant or any new ideas to add, why would I make a post? I'm sure the same goes for most people who read the thread and don't post. I think that there are a lot of things that make people seem wolfy... lurking isn't one of them. Everyone does that. I think we should focus on the content of people's posts where possible, rather than external factors that could affect their posting (which is why I suggested my seer suggestions as a possible solution, and I will add myself to the list too if people think I still haven't posted enough to accurately judge me).

          Also does your use of the word "she" indicate that I am the inspector, being the only female player in the game?
          Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

          Comment

          • Xiz
            TWG Chaos
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Feb 2012
            • 3399

            #725
            Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

            .....why do you think I am posting...


            to get people to talk... to say anything... something...

            Comment

            • thesunfan
              Role Tide
              Sectional Moderator
              • May 2011
              • 10859

              #726
              Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

              gotta agree, we've all been reading the thread, while you may lurk in many areas, that doesn't mean you're allowed to do that here. This different, you gotta talk girl. That post is kinda silly, but I don't think its a red post... still, you can't advocate lurking, especially when people are already as suspicious as we are of lurkers.
              Originally posted by Vendetta21
              Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
              Originally posted by XelNya
              I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
              Originally posted by star-crossed
              (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

              Comment

              • mellonxcollie
                Sectional Moderator
                Sectional Moderator
                • Dec 2006
                • 1304

                #727
                Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                Right... I get why you are doing it. The thread does need to be active. But personally I don't see the point in garbage posts. If anything they just muddle up actual discussion and make people more confused about what people are talking about. During my re-read of the thread I had to get to like page six until anything actually started being discussed, almost none of the preceding posts were helpful at all.

                I guess it comes down to the fact that different people have different play styles, and when 1/2 the players are playing a certain way, I'm hesitant to say that it indicates anything about any of them. Trying to get them to talk/pressuring them for info is an entirely different thing which is reasonable IMO
                Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                Comment

                • mellonxcollie
                  Sectional Moderator
                  Sectional Moderator
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 1304

                  #728
                  Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                  Originally posted by thesunfan
                  when people are already as suspicious as we are of lurkers.
                  What I'm saying is that we shouldn't be suspicious of lurkers. At least we shouldn't be suspicious of lurkers just because they are lurking (ie. we can take it into account when talking about someone we are already suspicious of).

                  We should judge people based on the content of their posts, their votes, who is killed, etc. Things that actually happen in the game. Judging people based on the fact that they are just a lurker is too much of a gamble, it's too easy to just kill an inactive or unsure green. We should definitely pressure/encourage these lurkers to post more so that we can actually make opinions about them.
                  Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                  Comment

                  • thesunfan
                    Role Tide
                    Sectional Moderator
                    • May 2011
                    • 10859

                    #729
                    Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                    not suspicious of them because they're lurkers, I'm suspicious of them because that's CLEARLY what the wolves are doing based on the Yoshl kill. Either, they don't care about playing much or they're wolves.
                    Originally posted by Vendetta21
                    Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                    Originally posted by XelNya
                    I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                    Originally posted by star-crossed
                    (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                    Comment

                    • mellonxcollie
                      Sectional Moderator
                      Sectional Moderator
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 1304

                      #730
                      Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                      Originally posted by thesunfan
                      Either, they don't care about playing much or they're wolves.
                      I agree with you there. I think that sometimes greens, who don't have roles that are as interesting as red's or blue's, lose focus more easily or just don't care about posting as much. But they are definitely in there, so the solution should be to get all of them to talk rather than choosing one to kill. We'd have a high chance of accidentally killing a bored green if we did that, I think.
                      Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                      Comment

                      • thesunfan
                        Role Tide
                        Sectional Moderator
                        • May 2011
                        • 10859

                        #731
                        Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                        but how do we do that, do you propose?
                        Originally posted by Vendetta21
                        Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                        Originally posted by XelNya
                        I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                        Originally posted by star-crossed
                        (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                        Comment

                        • runescapedude1126
                          FFR Veteran
                          • Jan 2005
                          • 268

                          #732
                          Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                          I think alot of the not posting problem is alot of people feel uninvolved. For alot of newer people it is basically "oh boy, I wait for x amount of time to either die or live, then I listen to everyone point fingers at each other, and vote on whether or not they die, or I get killed." So they get bored and only pay attention long enough to vote. We need a good way to help get some more new player interaction within. We have ALOT of veterans posting 6-8 paragraphs making the newbies feel useless. Not saying you SHOULDNT post big comments, I am just saying that maybe it would be easier for the newbies if we found some way to get them a bit more involved with the major conversations.
                          Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                          Fisting is not the way to label people.


                          Best AAA'S: {Midnight}, {Rose}, Szamar Madar, Vertex BETA

                          Comment

                          • thesunfan
                            Role Tide
                            Sectional Moderator
                            • May 2011
                            • 10859

                            #733
                            Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                            but how do we do that? You basically restated what mellon said, with a reason behind why they don't post so much.
                            Originally posted by Vendetta21
                            Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                            Originally posted by XelNya
                            I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                            Originally posted by star-crossed
                            (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                            Comment

                            • T-Force
                              Your world ends with you
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 4753

                              #734
                              Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                              Originally posted by Krauthammer
                              T-Force, I'd like to hear some stuff from you. Any opinions, anything you'd like to comment?
                              You really don't like people to just sit back and absorb information, do you?
                              I do indeed have opinions, but not a lot to base them off of - plus I'm lazy and don't want to sift through 30+ pages of mainly crap posts to find the one quite that helps my argument.

                              Also, you're one to talk seeing as I'm pretty sure you have the lowest postcount in this thread of all active players. And while I'm not much better, I'm like Raeko: I lurk and absorb. When I'm home, this thread is open.

                              Anyway, enough of that, onto opinions. I'll use the same-ish colour scheme used by others.

                              Not suspicious of you
                              Some suspicion
                              Very suspicious

                              Kraut - Your silence and lack of presence as a poster and lurker make it really hard to get a read on you. Maybe you're a wolf/blue trying to hide suspicion by saying little. Maybe you're a green who's just trying to survive and not try to be another colour. Who knows (aside from you).

                              BDN - You're a hard read because all the posts you make really seem to be summaries, haha. And, aside from a lot of seer votes, there doesn't seem to be too much else I take from your posts. You can be one of any colour and it bugs me that I don't know which.

                              runescapedude - Another AFKer, but that does erase at least one colour suspicion from my mind: I don't think he's blue. Green or red, I can't tell from a seeming lack of info, or at least not a lot that resonates with me.

                              thesunfan - Another case of red or green; what are you? And why so much pressure on me, hmm? After all that I did for you to ease some of that tension. Nah, in all seriousness, you're a lot like Xiz. I think you two are the same colour. What that is, I don't know.

                              Xiz - This is leaning heavily near red, but some posts you've made as of late have cleared up a bit of suspicion. Not a lot, but enough. Still think you're red, but I can't rule out the possibility that you're a really loud and ballsy green.

                              jwcgator - Another silent-ish player who hasn't said anything that sticks out to me. Who knows.

                              Charu - If you're red, you've played a solid game. You don't really seem to be anything other than a common villager. That's really all I can say. I don't know what in particular has me leaning over to that, but take it how it is.

                              cedolad/replacementlad - For someone who posts a lot, you don't seem to have much to say. I even went back and read through a few pages and got nothing. NOTHING. This actually frustrates me. You were originally gray but I'm switching it to yellow-orange just because the fact you can post a lot and not give anything away is impressive. What're you hiding?

                              Tokzik - Maybe I'm erring here, but all I've seen is a realistic outlook when it came to countering Xiz's seer proposal (then again what the heck do I know?). And while he's been quiet, he has done pretty much nothing to put any suspicion on him - which could be a red sign but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

                              Raeko - Same with Tokzic in that you don't say a lot, but you have done nothing to throw yourself into a red light.

                              pntballa - See jwcgator.

                              Riotpolice - Your later posts have been pretty suspicious, especially with BDN and Tokzic calling you out. While your thought formulation can be due to you being new, but maybe that's why you slipped up too.


                              OTHER THOUGHTS:
                              If BDN was right and Raeko is indeed a Seer, I think he's then the Shaman.
                              If he typo'd, whoops. If not, calling it now. So with that said:

                              Brilliant Dynamite Neon
                              Life is simply unfair... Don't you think?

                              Comment

                              • T-Force
                                Your world ends with you
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jan 2007
                                • 4753

                                #735
                                Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

                                Rofl, oops forgot No opinion
                                Life is simply unfair... Don't you think?

                                Comment

                                Working...