TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mellon_collie
    FFR Player
    • May 2017
    • 156

    #136
    Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

    Originally posted by DaBackpack
    galaxy brain read: raeko and freezin are wolves together
    I WISH I would have been pretty pumped if that happened ngl

    Comment

    • mellon_collie
      FFR Player
      • May 2017
      • 156

      #137
      Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

      Originally posted by Hakulyte
      Agenda here is waiting for Raeko's input about my exchange post and praying there's obvious towns hidden in the 0 posters.
      why is this the first thing on your agenda? does the exchange really stand out THAT much to you?

      it kinda seems like you're just picking up on something that you can, while you're able to be around and not at work, rather than something that has much substance to it.

      A joke vote on page 1, and my response that only includes one actual word (which is "rude") kinda seems like the absolute flimsiest thing to have as the number one thing on your agenda tbh

      Comment

      • fatfuck42
        FFR Player
        • Jan 2016
        • 7

        #138
        Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

        Oh, we're getting serious already? Alright, I'm dippin in then

        Comment

        • fatfuck42
          FFR Player
          • Jan 2016
          • 7

          #139
          Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

          Originally posted by Xiz
          Also i'm a little sad I rolled town this game, but i'll still do my best.
          Where some people are finding this post suspicious, I'm reading it as town, mostly because townies would be more likely to make it. As a wolf, it invites all sorts of, "Oh yeah, sure you are," responses, and it also calls attention to your alignment, where I think at the start wolves are more inclined to fly under the radar or fish for townreads than put themselves under immediate scrutiny like that.

          Comment

          • fatfuck42
            FFR Player
            • Jan 2016
            • 7

            #140
            Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

            I think we need to be cautious when trying to get reads on bolth. Take this for example:

            Originally posted by Bolth mannn
            See thats the thing that is confusing me, I'm clearly in danger and more or less have been since the very start, but is there anything I've done thats inherently wolfy?
            My first thought was why would he view himself as "clearly in danger" so early on? Some people haven't posted yet, some people haven't posted anything of substance, and there's a lot of day phase left. Thinking on it some more, though, I see it as a new player who's eager and enthusiastic to play TWG and doesn't want to get knocked out early, regardless of his alignment.

            Maybe it's the Red in his avatar influencing me, but this is making me remember my games with Red Blaster, where he'd post something that, coming from any other player, would be read a certain way, but because it was him you never knew what the fuck was up. Very unpredictable. I think bolth is going to be the same way. He's the sort of player where you gotta leave occam's razor at the door.

            Comment

            • fatfuck42
              FFR Player
              • Jan 2016
              • 7

              #141
              Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

              Oh no, my posts have to be approved by a moderator now??

              Comment

              • fatfuck42
                FFR Player
                • Jan 2016
                • 7

                #142
                Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                Hmm, that one went through but my other post didn't. Better get this sorted out before I continue dippin in. Consider the dip paused.

                Comment

                • Gradiant
                  FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Sep 2012
                  • 1100

                  #143
                  Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                  Originally posted by FreezinIce
                  yeah i learned that lesson from Bells of St. Sebastian
                  I'm still mad btw lmfao

                  Comment

                  • MixMasterLar
                    Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 5403

                    #144
                    Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                    Originally posted by Hakulyte
                    Looks like I have approximately the current 3-4 next hours to play and around the same time tomorrow.
                    I will obligatory miss this EoD because work. So, I have like 8 hours to play this phase.
                    I think focus should be to find obvious towns and slowly build around that.

                    I'm guessing the game has 3 wolves based on the 4:1 ratio.

                    No third party is the most notable info in OP.
                    And there it is
                    The Haku wolf tell, followed by a bunch of day 1 analysis post that Haku does as wolve more often then not.
                    It's good to have you back Haku

                    Hot take: Haku is on a team with Freezin.
                    It's actually not a super spicey take since Freedom famously doesn't care for d0 as town, and this volume post thing isn't in character with that.

                    Xiz entrance still bothers me

                    I like DPB's posts so far
                    I like Storm's
                    I'm ok with Raeko
                    I'm giving Bolth a pass because for all intents and purposes they are new

                    Going to dentist brb
                    ​

                    Comment

                    • Xiz
                      TWG Chaos
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 3399

                      #145
                      Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                      Brothman is really interesting.

                      I think they are telling us half truths about how many games they have played. Either that or we (few of us) assumed this is broths first game with no prior gameplay experience.

                      They have stated they have read a few games to better prepare themselves, which makes me believe the VT question was a dumbbell.

                      I’ve never seen a new player make such a long, confident, and serious post in the history of twg and it excites me. Either way however he flips I think they are gonna be a strong player and people shouldn’t put a newbie blanket over them.

                      Comment

                      • FreezinIce
                        FFR Player
                        • May 2005
                        • 265

                        #146
                        Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                        Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                        And there it is
                        The Haku wolf tell, followed by a bunch of day 1 analysis post that Haku does as wolve more often then not.
                        It's good to have you back Haku

                        Hot take: Haku is on a team with Freezin.
                        It's actually not a super spicey take since Freedom famously doesn't care for d0 as town, and this volume post thing isn't in character with that.

                        Xiz entrance still bothers me

                        I like DPB's posts so far
                        I like Storm's
                        I'm ok with Raeko
                        I'm giving Bolth a pass because for all intents and purposes they are new

                        Going to dentist brb
                        Correct i usually don't do much d0 but not always

                        I've gone for the volume clear d0 as town before.

                        I'll find the game when I'm not at work
                        ========

                        To let the world be.

                        ========

                        Originally posted by Charu
                        Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                        Originally posted by mellon_collie
                        AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                        Originally posted by roundbox
                        AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                        Originally posted by Afrobean
                        Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                        Originally posted by Red
                        My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                        Originally posted by TWG Ike
                        SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                        Comment

                        • Xiz
                          TWG Chaos
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Feb 2012
                          • 3399

                          #147
                          Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                          And there it is
                          The Haku wolf tell, followed by a bunch of day 1 analysis post that Haku does as wolve more often then not.
                          It's good to have you back Haku

                          I like DPB's posts so far
                          I like Storm's
                          I'm ok with Raeko
                          I'm giving Bolth a pass because for all intents and purposes they are new

                          Going to dentist brb
                          I disagree with haku read, and I’ve stated my thoughts on bolth so far, but this quick little read on dbp raeko and storn are exactly how I feel about them

                          High town read for MML, and that excites me because if I can get a good MML read out of the way early I feel like he won’t implode d3 I luv u thooooooo I’m an emo girlllllllll wanna see my dinosaur wrar xD

                          Comment

                          • Xiz
                            TWG Chaos
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Feb 2012
                            • 3399

                            #148
                            Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                            Edit: When I say high it's like, good enough for me to not touch MML today

                            Comment

                            • mellon_collie
                              FFR Player
                              • May 2017
                              • 156

                              #149
                              Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                              xiz turned our innocent way of typing into a thottish statement!!

                              I have also been discriminated against for less than three'ing

                              guys plz ;_;

                              Comment

                              • MixMasterLar
                                Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2006
                                • 5403

                                #150
                                Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                                Originally posted by FreezinIce
                                Correct i usually don't do much d0 but not always

                                I've gone for the volume clear d0 as town before.

                                I'll find the game when I'm not at work
                                Not the response I expected to see.

                                Originally posted by Xiz
                                I disagree with haku read, and I’ve stated my thoughts on bolth so far, but this quick little read on dbp raeko and storn are exactly how I feel about them
                                So anything if substance you disagree with, aight.

                                Originally posted by Xiz
                                High town read for MML, and that excites me because if I can get a good MML read out of the way early I feel like he won’t implode d3 I luv u thooooooo I’m an emo girlllllllll wanna see my dinosaur wrar xD
                                Why the high town read? I've done nothing but call 2 people scum and temp-clear a player.

                                Originally posted by Xiz
                                Edit: When I say high it's like, good enough for me to not touch MML today
                                Ok but that isnt what a high town read means that's just removing me from the table

                                For calling 2 players scum and temp-clearing another.


                                Is this a pocket? It's comfy and dark and feels like a pocket
                                ​

                                Comment

                                Working...