TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hakulyte
    aka Haku
    • Jul 2005
    • 4697

    #121
    Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

    Originally posted by DaBackpack
    galaxy brain read: raeko and freezin are wolves together
    That only works for me if bolth mannn is wolf with these two which would be kinda funny.

    Common denominator would be Raeko tho.

    Comment

    • DaBackpack
      ~ お ま ん こ ~
      • Mar 2014
      • 918

      #122
      Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

      Originally posted by Bolth mannn
      Freezin was word vomit from the start, and he hardpushed me based on nearly nothing, but again, I expected someone to, so I don’t think he’s acting overly suspicious, especially as he seems to be a vet based on the reactions to him in the signup thread, I wouldn’t expect him to make such a mistake early on.
      what exactly does this mean? what kind of mistake do you think freezin wouldn't make as an expert? more importantly is his aggro on you not a mistake?

      in a similar vein what about him being a vet makes him less suspicious?


      Originally posted by Moogy
      no one cares
      Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
      there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
      that's kind of a sad statistic

      Comment

      • Hakulyte
        aka Haku
        • Jul 2005
        • 4697

        #123
        Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

        Not sure why Freezin unvoted Bolth so, you get some credibility on that read.

        Comment

        • FreezinIce
          FFR Player
          • May 2005
          • 265

          #124
          Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

          Originally posted by Hakulyte
          Not sure why Freezin unvoted Bolth so, you get some credibility on that read.
          he reciprocated my demand for elaboration so i was showing approval by unvoting.

          he's still my top wolf make no mistake
          ========

          To let the world be.

          ========

          Originally posted by Charu
          Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


          Originally posted by mellon_collie
          AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
          Originally posted by roundbox
          AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


          Originally posted by Afrobean
          Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
          Originally posted by Red
          My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
          Originally posted by TWG Ike
          SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

          Comment

          • Hakulyte
            aka Haku
            • Jul 2005
            • 4697

            #125
            Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

            Has Bolth mannn played multiple games before ?
            Are we pushing expectations too high ?
            It's like my first game with him so, I'm struggling to establish if there's false positives in what he's saying.

            Comment

            • FreezinIce
              FFR Player
              • May 2005
              • 265

              #126
              Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

              i will analyze what i got late tomorrow, im falling asleep and got work in 5 hours
              ========

              To let the world be.

              ========

              Originally posted by Charu
              Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


              Originally posted by mellon_collie
              AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
              Originally posted by roundbox
              AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


              Originally posted by Afrobean
              Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
              Originally posted by Red
              My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
              Originally posted by TWG Ike
              SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

              Comment

              • FreezinIce
                FFR Player
                • May 2005
                • 265

                #127
                Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                Originally posted by Hakulyte
                Has Bolth mannn played multiple games before ?
                Are we pushing expectations too high ?
                It's like my first game with him so, I'm struggling to establish if there's false positives in what he's saying.
                from just my cursory glance at what he gave me its not something i would expect from a first time player
                ========

                To let the world be.

                ========

                Originally posted by Charu
                Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                Originally posted by mellon_collie
                AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                Originally posted by roundbox
                AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                Originally posted by Afrobean
                Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                Originally posted by Red
                My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                Originally posted by TWG Ike
                SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                Comment

                • Hakulyte
                  aka Haku
                  • Jul 2005
                  • 4697

                  #128
                  Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                  You know, sometimes we get new players that doesn't realize that they're in danger until it's too late or cannot formulate exactly what matters while they're pressured.
                  Just want to make sure it's not happening right now.

                  Comment

                  • Hakulyte
                    aka Haku
                    • Jul 2005
                    • 4697

                    #129
                    Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                    Agenda here is waiting for Raeko's input about my exchange post and praying there's obvious towns hidden in the 0 posters.

                    Bonus points if Bolth mannn can develop on this.

                    The rest of the players would be clear for me at this point due to lack of anything alignment indicative.

                    J-rodd/Xiz did the bla bla I'm town thing, but I don't want to read into that.

                    Freezin could be doing shenanigans, but it doesn't make sense for me to consider him D0 with what's going on.

                    I'm scratching my head over the me town read from DBP, but I don't see a reason to contest it.

                    Comment

                    • j-rodd123
                      End of the road
                      • Oct 2006
                      • 3692

                      #130
                      Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                      Just poppin in to do what I hate when other players do and say how I won’t be able to post today.

                      I think haku and storn both made villagery posts. That’s all I got so far after a 6 am phone read

                      Originally posted by FictionJunction
                      wow

                      Comment

                      • Bolth mannn
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Aug 2008
                        • 2228

                        #131
                        Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                        Originally posted by Hakulyte
                        Suspicious on me because ____ ?
                        I've been re-reading the thread and I have to say I'm not as suspicious anymore. My previous suspicion was based on you acting overly calm and rational while freezin was acting overly all over the place, which is a great way to seem trustworthy and get people to listen to you. I've looked at your post history and it seems pretty consistent with your posting style, though. I think it just seemed more extreme during the moment. Again, though, it was only a slight suspicion, as mentioned.

                        Originally posted by DaBackpack
                        nice to meet you and thanks for signing up but you sound like a horny instagram thot
                        well i'm definitely horny

                        Originally posted by Hakulyte
                        Has Bolth mannn played multiple games before ?
                        Are we pushing expectations too high ?
                        It's like my first game with him so, I'm struggling to establish if there's false positives in what he's saying.
                        I have played 4 games of TWG in my life, however, these were back in 2009, I was 14 years old and if you read over the games I was completely awful at it. Since then I've forgotten about TWG until about a month ago. In that time I've been reading old games and a few of the more recent less complicated ones, and I'm more or less playing this completely blind.

                        Originally posted by DaBackpack
                        what exactly does this mean? what kind of mistake do you think freezin wouldn't make as an expert? more importantly is his aggro on you not a mistake?

                        in a similar vein what about him being a vet makes him less suspicious?
                        It's the fact that from a few weeks of my own research, I gathered that hard pushing so early in a game is almost always a terrible idea, so it seems out of character for a 'vet' to make such a simple mistake without an ulterior motive. I assume since he is a vet, he is just grilling the new player hard because he is confident he can protect himself and keep suspicions at bay. If he was not a vet, I would assume straight away that he is a wolf.

                        Originally posted by Hakulyte
                        You know, sometimes we get new players that doesn't realize that they're in danger until it's too late or cannot formulate exactly what matters while they're pressured.
                        Just want to make sure it's not happening right now.
                        See thats the thing that is confusing me, I'm clearly in danger and more or less have been since the very start, but is there anything I've done thats inherently wolfy? Storn, DaBackPack, Xiz, and others seem to get away with posting lots of shit that, if posted by me, I feel would also be getting highly scrutinised. Is it simply the fact that I'm a new player? It seems the safest way for a new player to play is to say as little as possible, but that doesnt seem fun.

                        Originally posted by FreezinIce
                        this might be my confirmation bias speaking but that does fit with the theme of really awkward posts from bolth

                        i think it has a higher chance of being T/W though because mello is generally really friendly and i could see her having that interaction as a town.

                        obv i dont think its T/T.

                        So to me its another stripe for bolth
                        From my last point, this is what I mean. Raeko and I seem to have similar posting styles, but he is getting read as town, and I am getting targeted as wolf. Have my posts actually been awkward or do you guys just not know my posting style yet?

                        Regardless, I'm going to observe for longer and re-read the thread a few more times before I start deciding who to vote for. As I said earlier, I think it's just too early in the game, and we haven't even heard from some people yet. unvote

                        Comment

                        • storn42
                          RIP Storn D0-D0
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jun 2012
                          • 3474

                          #132
                          Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                          Originally posted by Bolth mannn
                          Storn, DaBackPack, Xiz, and others seem to get away with posting lots of shit that, if posted by me, I feel would also be getting highly scrutinised. Is it simply the fact that I'm a new player? It seems the safest way for a new player to play is to say as little as possible, but that doesnt seem fun.
                          lets just say, i have a history of saying shit

                          People also often forget about the human element. people will latch on to a post that seems off and be like "OMGWTF WOOF" for some odd thing they said, when in reality it really was just an odd thing they said and not them being a wolf. People forget that not every towny is a TWG expert who graduated with a degree in Wagonomics. (i do think we can be a little harsh on new players though)

                          Just gotta learn to brush off the pressure. Personally i dont even care about votes on me anymore. i've been mislynched before i'll be mislynched again!


                          Originally posted by Xiz
                          "I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
                          Originally posted by the sun fan
                          I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times


                          Originally posted by ShadoWolfe


                          Comment

                          • storn42
                            RIP Storn D0-D0
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jun 2012
                            • 3474

                            #133
                            Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                            i am also a firm believer in the Shitposting Phase.
                            and that phase lasts all game


                            Originally posted by Xiz
                            "I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
                            Originally posted by the sun fan
                            I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times


                            Originally posted by ShadoWolfe


                            Comment

                            • mellon_collie
                              FFR Player
                              • May 2017
                              • 156

                              #134
                              Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                              Originally posted by Hakulyte
                              I'm ridiculous enough to assume that she said rude because she knows the motive behind why bolth mannn voted her.

                              If she didn't knew, she would have said something else. That's just my interpretation tho.
                              I kinda get where you're coming from but I just didn't respond seriously because I didn't take the vote seriously. It happened so early in the game, it seems like Bolth is just picking on me for no reason (kinda like people do to storn) so I just said rude because IT IS SO RUDE!

                              Comment

                              • mellon_collie
                                FFR Player
                                • May 2017
                                • 156

                                #135
                                Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                nice to meet you and thanks for signing up but you sound like a horny instagram thot
                                please stop appropriating myspace culture, typing likeeeeee thissssssss is emo girl territory

                                Comment

                                Working...