TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DaBackpack
    ~ お ま ん こ ~
    • Mar 2014
    • 918

    #1681
    Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

    Originally posted by DaBackpack
    Actually, a really funny thought is that funny moved her vote so it literally wasn't a case of every single wolf being on the freezin wagon
    So, an update on this:

    This isn't the specific reason, I think. It's more that SOME WOLF needed to create the diversion on to me to split up the FG vote. If roundbox does it, he looks absolutely terrible because it looks like he's protecting FG. Same with whoever the last wolf is. But if FG does it herself, the only person she's endangering is... herself, but she was already IN danger. This play of hers is perfect because if the gamble fails, she dies like she was originally going to, but she doesn't put her partners in trouble. But if it WORKS, like it DID, then she gets off scot-free, AND ALSO doesn't put her partners in trouble.

    I think this is it.


    Originally posted by Moogy
    no one cares
    Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
    there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
    that's kind of a sad statistic

    Comment

    • roundbox
      fhqwhgads
      • Feb 2005
      • 2086

      #1682
      Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

      Originally posted by Funnygurl555
      his move wasn't helpful as either alignment but that's just not the move that someone would do if they were on a team. an avoidable lynch is much more damning for wolves than for town, you know?

      granted i'm not freezin and idk what he was really up to but ik as a wolf i wouldn't pull that shit
      what you would normally do as a wolf has no bearing on what happened
      that being said, what's stopping freezin, who was very much the vote majority leader, to not do something to spew clear on a random person? it's definitely a possibility. obviously we know he's town now, but we had no idea of truly knowing his alignment at that point in time

      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
      You and Round where preaching it.
      I think there's more then a passing chance it was opportunistic

      At this time he needs to be pressured because he has little to show for 2 phases, I just wish Haku's slot was gone because between the claim and Funny basically doing nothing but throwing a child's fit the slot really fucks with me wanting to entertain not voting it to the great ether
      it was a hot opportunity. KITB was becoming a possibility if the three of them (Gradiant, funny, freezin) swapped onto DBP
      funny/freezin are definitely not a team (thanks flip)

      why didn't people really respond/engage to me yesterday about dabackpack? it seemed like only plop and gradiant were talking about it at some point

      Originally posted by Gradiant
      did you end up believing any amount that you were going for possible scum here, or were you just voting for someone you thought was town because the dbp you had left wasn't going anywhere?
      yes, I did believe dabackpack was scum at that point in time
      I got cold feet from the CFD, and I wanted to have a viable vote this time since it was going to be pretty much 5-5 freezin/fg at that point in time and me having a random-ass vote on dabackpack was just stupid as hell. the CFD made me think something shady was going in with some potential partner relationship between fg/freezi/storn. freezi had voted storn, so that spew clear earlier thing felt like a possibility

      Originally posted by fatfuck42
      As for teams, gradiant/angel/[round,raeko,dap,duk] or round/dap/[angel,raeko,duk,gradiant] is where I'm at.
      me and backpack? the fuck are you on about?

      Originally posted by Gradiant
      not sure why I as a wolf here would be the only one up to this point to point out possible dbp/rb pairing if I'm also their teammate. Neither of them have really been possible lynch candidates aside from dbp last phase but I'm not really counting that shitshow of vote switches. With how game's gone so far, it'd certainly be way easier to just coast and keep throwing lynches on the people that have already been show to be easy to wagon rather than point out a pair based on a hard tinfoil.
      people were floating me d1 (psycho/xiz), so it's not that far out of the realm of possibility


      in the span of typing this post, I saw that backpack posted a ton of shit
      sup
      Originally posted by the sun fan
      I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



      Comment

      • DaBackpack
        ~ お ま ん こ ~
        • Mar 2014
        • 918

        #1683
        Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

        Originally posted by roundbox


        yes, I did believe dabackpack was scum at that point in time
        I got cold feet from the CFD, and I wanted to have a viable vote this time since it was going to be pretty much 5-5 freezin/fg at that point in time and me having a random-ass vote on dabackpack was just stupid as hell.
        OH LOOK, he directly confessed to:

        Originally posted by DaBackpack
        So this is a fun bit of maneuvering too, but it did exactly what needed to. It stole STORN'S and FREEZIN'S vote off of FG and on to me. That is the only thing that needed to happen to keep FG alive, and it allowed roundbox to move to freezin.

        Funnygurl was posed to have 5 votes, which could have put her in KITB which was too risky. So Funnygurl moved her vote off of Freezin as a gamble, initially putting her at a +2/+1 lead on freezin, instead of +1/0. But she convinced Storn and Freezin to swap OFF of herself, bringing her to 0/-1, and when roundbox swapped back to freezin, it created -1/-2 against freezin, which guaranteed her survival.

        There you go. Game is 2/3 solved
        Originally posted by DaBackpack

        There's a glaring contradiction here. Remember how roundbox originally was going to vote for me? And how he had me as scummy but somehow landed on freezinice.

        If these two weren't paired together, wouldn't it make more sense for roundbox to vote for ME instead of for freezin? After all, his actual scumlean (me) is gaining traction in a CFD. Why swap to Freezin instead?

        It's easy---- roundbox needed to guarantee that "somebody" that wasn't FG was going to get majority. By roundbox's own words "DBP should be the lynch", but his actions say "I can't take my vote away from Freezin because that puts FG at risk."


        Originally posted by Moogy
        no one cares
        Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
        there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
        that's kind of a sad statistic

        Comment

        • MixMasterLar
          Beach Bum Extraordinaire
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Aug 2006
          • 5403

          #1684
          Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

          Man I don't wanna just agree with DaBackPack by default because he's preaching what I want to hear

          But that is a compelling argument.
          ​

          Comment

          • MixMasterLar
            Beach Bum Extraordinaire
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Aug 2006
            • 5403

            #1685
            Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

            @round I personally feel like me saying DBP should be solved after we see how he handles EoD and we resolve Haku's slot as engaging the topic, but I guess it wasn't what you wanted to hear
            ​

            Comment

            • DaBackpack
              ~ お ま ん こ ~
              • Mar 2014
              • 918

              #1686
              Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

              Originally posted by MixMasterLar
              Man I don't wanna just agree with DaBackPack by default because he's preaching what I want to hear

              But that is a compelling argument.
              The most important thing here is that FG needs to die today, period. My post train indicts roundbox as a FG partner and also serves to explain exactly what happened at EoD, but it isn't going to be perfect and you don't have to agree with every step in the process. A FG flip gives us crucial information and if she flips wolf then we can really dig in to what I wrote above to evaluate roundbox.


              Originally posted by Moogy
              no one cares
              Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
              there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
              that's kind of a sad statistic

              Comment

              • roundbox
                fhqwhgads
                • Feb 2005
                • 2086

                #1687
                Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                There's a glaring contradiction here. Remember how roundbox originally was going to vote for me? And how he had me as scummy but somehow landed on freezinice.
                yes, sure did bubaroo
                this point is so laser-focused on EOD and ignores the interactions of the rest of the day, so you can rightly buzz off

                see my most recent post on viable lynches at the time + voteswap bullshit; there was no real indication of ANYONE talking about you other than me for the entire day, minus plop/gradiant (other people either said nothing or mentioned it as a side thought)

                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                If these two weren't paired together, wouldn't it make more sense for roundbox to vote for ME instead of for freezin? After all, his actual scumlean (me) is gaining traction in a CFD. Why swap to Freezin instead?

                It's easy---- roundbox needed to guarantee that "somebody" that wasn't FG was going to get majority. By roundbox's own words "DBP should be the lynch", but his actions say "I can't take my vote away from Freezin because that puts FG at risk."
                as I mentioned, viable lynches + voteswap bullshit

                I had a sour taste in my mouth on freezin after his reentry before the first EOD and jumping right back into bolth
                I gave a vote on him the next day to apply pressure to ask him for more, and lar and haku jumped on it in that order
                I found some greasy shit he did during the first EOD (along with some other people) as well as you
                I floated both of you as potential scum/lynch opportunities (see post 1078)

                maybe if you read more than EOD you would understand the context of my vote, rather than, once again, force some fake bullshit on me that completely ignores the context of the whole phase
                Originally posted by the sun fan
                I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                Comment

                • MixMasterLar
                  Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 5403

                  #1688
                  Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                  Originally posted by DaBackpack
                  The most important thing here is that FG needs to die today, period. My post train indicts roundbox as a FG partner and also serves to explain exactly what happened at EoD, but it isn't going to be perfect and you don't have to agree with every step in the process. A FG flip gives us crucial information and if she flips wolf then we can really dig in to what I wrote above to evaluate roundbox.
                  Oh I've been preaching that slot needed to go for like 2 phases now.

                  But the pushback has been real af man. Shit, look at the mental gymnastics Plop had to do to justify Funny voting me. It's a goddamn mess in here.
                  ​

                  Comment

                  • MixMasterLar
                    Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 5403

                    #1689
                    Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                    I appreciate this Round v DBP debate so much gonna make dinner and read it from the sidelines
                    ​

                    Comment

                    • DaBackpack
                      ~ お ま ん こ ~
                      • Mar 2014
                      • 918

                      #1690
                      Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                      Originally posted by roundbox
                      yes, sure did bubaroo
                      this point is so laser-focused on EOD and ignores the interactions of the rest of the day, so you can rightly buzz off

                      see my most recent post on viable lynches at the time + voteswap bullshit; there was no real indication of ANYONE talking about you other than me for the entire day, minus plop/gradiant (other people either said nothing or mentioned it as a side thought)



                      as I mentioned, viable lynches + voteswap bullshit

                      I had a sour taste in my mouth on freezin after his reentry before the first EOD and jumping right back into bolth
                      I gave a vote on him the next day to apply pressure to ask him for more, and lar and haku jumped on it in that order
                      I found some greasy shit he did during the first EOD (along with some other people) as well as you
                      I floated both of you as potential scum/lynch opportunities (see post 1078)

                      maybe if you read more than EOD you would understand the context of my vote, rather than, once again, force some fake bullshit on me that completely ignores the context of the whole phase
                      I don't doubt that you had freezin in your sights early on

                      I also don't doubt that you cast suspicion on me as well--- fypov, either lynch would be fine

                      but it is specifically THAT a wagon on me didn't happen that you chose Freezin as the lynch target. You said it yourself. This doesn't automatically exonerate you as town, though, since it is NAI by itself. The opposite world could have happened where DBP was the lynch instead of Freezin. We'd be in the same place, having the same discussion (well I guess freezin would)

                      what do you think about FG now?


                      Originally posted by Moogy
                      no one cares
                      Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                      there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                      that's kind of a sad statistic

                      Comment

                      • roundbox
                        fhqwhgads
                        • Feb 2005
                        • 2086

                        #1691
                        Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                        Originally posted by DaBackpack
                        OH LOOK, he directly confessed to:
                        Originally posted by roundbox
                        hey at least we're mindmelding


                        and gradiant I'm just gonna vote freezin, I think going to a KITB is a silly idea
                        you're twisting this particular post out of context

                        see these two posts beforehand

                        Originally posted by roundbox
                        I'm not voting for fg/haku

                        freezin has made some opportunistic votes (psycho, xiz)
                        it's kinda fucking with my head now that he did that iso on haku

                        why is he putting that much work into believing a vote when he could just self-pres against the slot and be done? his stubbornness is also reminding me of the last FE mystery game where his stubbornness and bullheadedness really frustrated me. I see some minor parallels with that and how psychoangel is reacting

                        am I doing the same shit now with freezin as I did last phase with shadowgod
                        is this my life now
                        Originally posted by roundbox
                        I vote freezin over FG here even if I'm not feeling it
                        just stating my intentions
                        I indicated I was switching off of you way before gradiant responded to me saying that he might swap

                        b r u h
                        Originally posted by the sun fan
                        I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                        Comment

                        • roundbox
                          fhqwhgads
                          • Feb 2005
                          • 2086

                          #1692
                          Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                          I need to sleep
                          I was up too late looking for dumb bullshit tickets (fuck airplanes btw)
                          I'll respond to lar/you tomorrow backpack
                          Originally posted by the sun fan
                          I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                          Comment

                          • roundbox
                            fhqwhgads
                            • Feb 2005
                            • 2086

                            #1693
                            Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                            to quickly respond: I haven't been too impressed with fg's posting this phase

                            most of my read on her, if not all of it beforehand, came from haku
                            Originally posted by the sun fan
                            I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                            Comment

                            • roundbox
                              fhqwhgads
                              • Feb 2005
                              • 2086

                              #1694
                              Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                              ok bye
                              Originally posted by the sun fan
                              I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                              Comment

                              • DaBackpack
                                ~ お ま ん こ ~
                                • Mar 2014
                                • 918

                                #1695
                                Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                                TL;DR you could literally have swapped Freezin and me and things would have gone comparably. I'm not indicting you for not having a scumlean on Freezin, it's more that all of your actions in the last 20 mins of the phase enable FG to survive like she did.

                                There's a possibility you're town and you really believed what you said and just so happened to serve as FG's pawn in the above fashion, but that's why you're not in the spotlight (yet). FG needs to be resolved before you get lynched.


                                Originally posted by Moogy
                                no one cares
                                Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                                there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                                that's kind of a sad statistic

                                Comment

                                Working...