TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • the sun fan
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2017
    • 658

    #1666
    Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

    votecount:
    lar (1)- funny
    dbp (2)- fatfuck, Duk3
    fatfuck (1)- lar
    TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

    FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

    Comment

    • MixMasterLar
      Beach Bum Extraordinaire
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2006
      • 5403

      #1667
      Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

      Originally posted by roundbox
      I was pretty dead today ngl
      hello
      Hello.

      Reads?
      ​

      Comment

      • MixMasterLar
        Beach Bum Extraordinaire
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Aug 2006
        • 5403

        #1668
        Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

        Hey DaBackPack.

        Feel like I've seen you duck in here a few times since the phase started.

        You've things to say?
        ​

        Comment

        • Funnygurl555
          T-Force's Rival
          • Dec 2010
          • 1865

          #1669
          Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

          ;o; I'm so jelly I wanna hang out with tforce
          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
          is funny eaman?
          Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
          Originally posted by the sun fan
          GET DUNKED FUNNY
          (eaman is her name irl, friend)

          Comment

          • Funnygurl555
            T-Force's Rival
            • Dec 2010
            • 1865

            #1670
            Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

            I'll post later I was just catching up on my phone
            Originally posted by MixMasterLar
            is funny eaman?
            Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
            Originally posted by the sun fan
            GET DUNKED FUNNY
            (eaman is her name irl, friend)

            Comment

            • DaBackpack
              ~ お ま ん こ ~
              • Mar 2014
              • 918

              #1671
              Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

              Let's look back at the final wagons

              Originally posted by the sun fan
              votecount:
              freezin (5)- funny, psycho, fatfuck, Gradiant, DBP
              funny (4)- Lar, freezin, raeko, storn
              dabackpack (1)- roundbox
              And then I showed up:

              Originally posted by the sun fan
              votecount:
              freezin (5)- psycho, fatfuck, Gradiant, DBP, roundbox
              funny (3)- Lar, raeko, Duk3
              dabackpack (3)- funny, freezin, storn
              There are only two options I see: funny is a wolf, and me logging on presented wolves an opportunity to dilute the FG vote, meaning the wolves are almost all on freezin, or freezin and funny are both towns and there was never any real danger, and the swaps on to me were just a "happy accident" that wolves could use to make EoD completely unsolvable. If FG/Freezin is T/T then we're pretty fucked. I'm not going to consider this at the moment for reasons I'll get to later.

              This is because FG and freezin were almost tied and not everybody had voted yet. There was a real chance either party could have sunk. In this situation wolves either somehow convince people to vote for freezin (unreliable method) or start a CFD onto a brand new person in order to SPLIT OUT the pool of voters that would lynch their partner.

              Thus the DBP CFD existed as a way to save FG. That's the only plausible explanation besides the one where a CFD naturally arose to create three town wagons. Maybe wolves still created the CFD to make things chaotic and confusing, but reading the CFD still answers this question.

              So how did the CFD start off? Some posts stand out. Assuming FG is a wolf for now.

              Originally posted by storn42
              fine fg we're lynching freezing anyways but who cares.
              Originally posted by storn42
              [dbp] might be the best lynch right now
              A wolf storn probably would have been able to justifiably vote freezin from the start. Remember, wolves had no way of knowing that I would show up. It's possible storn bussed his partner and expected to swap to freezin LATER but me showing up interrupted that. I'm more likely to believe that storn truly intended to lynch FG here though.

              roundbox started suspicion on me early on, and even had a vote on me for a while. But you'll notice he swapped to freezin by the end of it. This is an absolutely ideal wolf maneuver: start a wagon on DBP, get the FG voters to swap to DBP, and then swap back to Freezin to absolutely guarantee a majority NOT on FG. It's a literal bait-and-switch. Him moving to freezin at the end prevents a potential KitB scenario with FG in it. (Because EoD chaos.)

              Originally posted by Gradiant
              tempted to try voting dbp with rb
              This was posted a literal 2 minutes from EoD. This post is absolute ass compared to his previous somewhat detached posting. This is also the post that caused the entire CFD onto me in the first place. But Gradiant himself never landed on me. Again, another ideal situation for a wolf to be in: propose a wagon and then don't move to it. HOWEVER:

              Originally posted by roundbox
              hey at least we're mindmelding


              and gradiant I'm just gonna vote freezin, I think going to a KITB is a silly idea
              This is roundbox telling Gradiant NOT to move to DBP, but to move to Freezin instead. You might ask why this is important. The answer is extremely revealing: Gradiant was on Freezinice, and if Gradiant had moved to me, Funnygurl might have been the lead wagon, or in a KitB. roundbox does not want Freezin voters to move, period.

              So with this in mind, I'm almost certain that Funnygurl and Roundbox are wolves together.


              Originally posted by Moogy
              no one cares
              Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
              there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
              that's kind of a sad statistic

              Comment

              • DaBackpack
                ~ お ま ん こ ~
                • Mar 2014
                • 918

                #1672
                Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                The only really weird thing is that funnygurl ultimately landed on me instead of Freezin, but I'm willing to leave that to the chaos of EoD, and that wolves are never able to perfectly execute with 2 minutes remaining


                Originally posted by Moogy
                no one cares
                Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                that's kind of a sad statistic

                Comment

                • DaBackpack
                  ~ お ま ん こ ~
                  • Mar 2014
                  • 918

                  #1673
                  Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                  Actually, a really funny thought is that funny moved her vote so it literally wasn't a case of every single wolf being on the freezin wagon


                  Originally posted by Moogy
                  no one cares
                  Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                  there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                  that's kind of a sad statistic

                  Comment

                  • DaBackpack
                    ~ お ま ん こ ~
                    • Mar 2014
                    • 918

                    #1674
                    Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                    To clarify, I think it's extremely unlikely that Gradiant and roundbox are ever wolves together. roundbox instructing Gradiant not to move to DBP is not a W/W interaction, but it's also not a T/T interaction, because roundbox is basically telling Gradiant "I'm not moving my vote, so you shouldn't either" -> as a FG defensive play.


                    Originally posted by Moogy
                    no one cares
                    Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                    there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                    that's kind of a sad statistic

                    Comment

                    • DaBackpack
                      ~ お ま ん こ ~
                      • Mar 2014
                      • 918

                      #1675
                      Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                      Whether or not I'm right about roundbox, Funnygurl is the absolute best mechanical lynch here. If Funnygurl is a wolf then RB is absolutely a wolf, and I would strongly suggest that the final wolf is on the Freezin wagon too. Exactly one in fatfuck or psychoangel.


                      Originally posted by Moogy
                      no one cares
                      Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                      there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                      that's kind of a sad statistic

                      Comment

                      • DaBackpack
                        ~ お ま ん こ ~
                        • Mar 2014
                        • 918

                        #1676
                        Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                        Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                        dbp

                        fuuuuuucking hell
                        Originally posted by roundbox
                        what in the FUCK
                        Originally posted by roundbox
                        freezin
                        So this is a fun bit of maneuvering too, but it did exactly what needed to. It stole STORN'S and FREEZIN'S vote off of FG and on to me. That is the only thing that needed to happen to keep FG alive, and it allowed roundbox to move to freezin.

                        Funnygurl was posed to have 5 votes, which could have put her in KITB which was too risky. So Funnygurl moved her vote off of Freezin as a gamble, initially putting her at a +2/+1 lead on freezin, instead of +1/0. But she convinced Storn and Freezin to swap OFF of herself, bringing her to 0/-1, and when roundbox swapped back to freezin, it created -1/-2 against freezin, which guaranteed her survival.

                        There you go. Game is 2/3 solved


                        Originally posted by Moogy
                        no one cares
                        Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                        there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                        that's kind of a sad statistic

                        Comment

                        • DaBackpack
                          ~ お ま ん こ ~
                          • Mar 2014
                          • 918

                          #1677
                          Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                          I called in sick to work and have been in bed all day, but I had to wake up and force myself to take my meds (and also join my FF14 static) so that's why I'm on right now

                          I'll be awake a little longer to do FF14 dailies and read today's phase but as of this post nobody is alive to talk to besides roundbox. In the worst case, tonight might end up being the last you hear of me before the phase ends tomorrow, so I strongly, STRONGLY advise you to reread Haku and FG and consider my argument in light of what you find

                          Even if there are some fuzzy parts of my logic, resolving Freezin's counterwagon is the statistically best play. The last time FG was a counterwagon I let her live until the end of the game and she was a wolf that ended up winning. Her being a ??? for so long is detrimental to town, and you do NOT want to be in a MYLO/LYLO situation with her in it.


                          Originally posted by Moogy
                          no one cares
                          Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                          there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                          that's kind of a sad statistic

                          Comment

                          • DaBackpack
                            ~ お ま ん こ ~
                            • Mar 2014
                            • 918

                            #1678
                            Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                            Regarding the third wolf:

                            I'll have to admit that even as of today I've only read 2/3~ or so of the entire thread, so I have seen almost nothing from psycho. I previously had a town read on fatfuck and in the absence of new information he'd be a low priority for me. In the crazy world that fatfuck and psycho are both town, I guess look at Gradiant/storn. I think this is impossible though.

                            Once FG and RB are down, psycho > fatfuck >> grad/storn


                            Originally posted by Moogy
                            no one cares
                            Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                            there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                            that's kind of a sad statistic

                            Comment

                            • DaBackpack
                              ~ お ま ん こ ~
                              • Mar 2014
                              • 918

                              #1679
                              Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

                              Obligatory:



                              Originally posted by Moogy
                              no one cares
                              Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                              there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                              that's kind of a sad statistic

                              Comment

                              • DaBackpack
                                ~ お ま ん こ ~
                                • Mar 2014
                                • 918

                                #1680
                                Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread



                                I think I can guarantee that my theory is right here. Consider EoD again. Specifically:

                                Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                                dbp

                                fuuuuuucking hell
                                Originally posted by roundbox
                                what in the FUCK
                                Originally posted by roundbox
                                freezin
                                There's a glaring contradiction here. Remember how roundbox originally was going to vote for me? And how he had me as scummy but somehow landed on freezinice.

                                If these two weren't paired together, wouldn't it make more sense for roundbox to vote for ME instead of for freezin? After all, his actual scumlean (me) is gaining traction in a CFD. Why swap to Freezin instead?

                                It's easy---- roundbox needed to guarantee that "somebody" that wasn't FG was going to get majority. By roundbox's own words "DBP should be the lynch", but his actions say "I can't take my vote away from Freezin because that puts FG at risk."



                                伊如何です、皆様方?


                                Originally posted by Moogy
                                no one cares
                                Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                                there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                                that's kind of a sad statistic

                                Comment

                                Working...