TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • yo man im awesome
    soleil ardent
    FFR Simfile Author
    • May 2007
    • 6514

    #256
    Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

    Sorry, it was BDN who wanted me to reiterate my power of Bodyguard

    ---

    K so Jrodd talks ALOT.

    I don't think we should lynch him today. Either he tells us what his power is today, or we wait until tomorrow. If he refuses to tell us even then, that's when we go after him. Especially after that "I can't die" post. I think he's trying to say that the power he was given is crucial, and he shouldn't be killed before he uses it. However, I don't like the idea of saying that without telling us what the power is, since now we're left in the dark, and the wolves (assuming he's a human) know he has an allegedly dangerous power. They're going to want that taken care of I would imagine.

    Also, lingering on one person really isn't going to get us anywhere. We need everyone talking about everyone.

    Charu, don't make the same mistake I did in an earlier game I don't quite remember of focusing all of my energy into one individual person. You're going to lose sight of the true purpose of the humans -- to eliminate all wolves -- and instead be blinded by your necessity to kill one person who, for all we know, could potentially be human. If we lynched jrodd and he flipped human, that would leave you with nothing, and you might be someone people look at suspiciously.

    ^^ That is believing Charu is human. I don't think so.

    (Reiterated Vote) Charu, I think you're INTENTIONALLY dragging attention away from other wolves and throwing it onto a human who is posting awkwardly. I think you WANT everyone to be blinded by the arbitrary necessity to kill jrodd. Are we all forgetting that last game, as a human, Charu himself LIED by fake claiming Seer? He did it for HUMAN benefit. Now that someone else has done it though, that's out the window, huh?

    Originally posted by choof
    you double dad loving dipshit
    Originally posted by t-rogdor
    dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
    Originally posted by smartdude1212
    I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

    Comment

    • Charu
      Snivy! Dohoho!
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Mar 2006
      • 6207

      #257
      Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

      That's because last game, we had an alliance going. They came to me and asked me to lie on their behalf to protect. This is different, this is someone lying and possibly still lying because he wants to protect himself and himself only.

      ...I'll admit, with my anger, I actually didn't think that he could be lying about being lynchproof for protecting something much greater. But then, you have to think about this. What could the wolves do, since according to this game (as far as I know since no one has corrected me), all powers go away next twilight unless there's an odd number of people and whoever that odd number is gets a 50% chance of keeping their previous power. That can't happen because 2 humans died so the odd number thing won't happen this coming twilight. Are you saying wolves can wolf someone in the day phase?


      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
      Had a very shiny nose
      And if you ever saw it
      You could even say it glows

      All of the other Snivies
      Used to laugh and call him names
      They never let poor Charu
      Join in any Snivy games

      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


      Originally posted by Vendetta21
      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

      Comment

      • Charu
        Snivy! Dohoho!
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2006
        • 6207

        #258
        Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

        ...Wait..

        Roleblocker.


        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
        Had a very shiny nose
        And if you ever saw it
        You could even say it glows

        All of the other Snivies
        Used to laugh and call him names
        They never let poor Charu
        Join in any Snivy games

        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

        Comment

        • j-rodd123
          End of the road
          • Oct 2006
          • 3692

          #259
          Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

          Originally posted by Charu
          But that's just the thing I don't understand.

          You're saying you just want everyone to know you have a power.

          I'm saying it's pretty fucking weird to do that because apparently, according to you, all your power does is block a lynch. Why the FUCK was it imperative for us to know if it doesn't help anyone but you?
          i wasn't trying to make a big deal of it lol, sure it wasn't necessary but i shared my result from the night. not everything has some deep motive, i was just sharing i got a power, i could have easily not have. it's only a big deal because ur making it a big deal. it was not imperative, i wasn't sitting here for 5 hours debating on if i should share or not. giving the results of the night phase, it really is not some huge issue

          Originally posted by FictionJunction
          wow

          Comment

          • Charu
            Snivy! Dohoho!
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2006
            • 6207

            #260
            Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

            Okay, nevermind, wow, I didn't think about that.


            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
            Had a very shiny nose
            And if you ever saw it
            You could even say it glows

            All of the other Snivies
            Used to laugh and call him names
            They never let poor Charu
            Join in any Snivy games

            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

            Comment

            • j-rodd123
              End of the road
              • Oct 2006
              • 3692

              #261
              Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

              Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
              Think about it like this.

              J-rodd's ploy was to initially see who would bandwagon onto him with little effort. With that he could see people intentionally bandwagoning and people tying to put thought into their votes. This would create a player distinction which he hopes will allow him to find some wolves.


              I'd imagine as a wolf he wouldn't come out into the open so much and make such a big scene. Wolves don't really want to be the center of attention because it gets them lynched more often than not. Maybe he's a wolf and he's using the lynchguard as protection for this ploy, but it would seem a lot easier to just do none of this from the start.


              The thought process from the human side follows, there really doesn't seem to be a point from the wolf side.
              yea this sums it up pretty well but it was not some calculated play lol, man people are wolf hunting in a pretty weird way.

              and i wasn't trying to start some scene lol, people just jumped on it as if my lie was some sort of thing only a wolf does. doesn't even have too much substance behind it, honestly the only substance behind it is the extreme paranoia that it's causing a scene and no way a wolf would do that. even though that was not my intention

              Originally posted by FictionJunction
              wow

              Comment

              • thesunfan
                Role Tide
                Sectional Moderator
                • May 2011
                • 10859

                #262
                Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                I feel like Charu's doing this because he believes that J-rodd is a wolf. I don't think the problem he has with it is the lie, and he's never espoused himself to be a bible-thumping lyncher-of-all-liars, but the motive behind the lie, which I must admit, I am still a tad bit confused about. But I do agree that its not worth talking about now. Charu, pick another bandwagon, jrodd will be here tomorrow.
                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                Originally posted by XelNya
                I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                Originally posted by star-crossed
                (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                Comment

                • j-rodd123
                  End of the road
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 3692

                  #263
                  Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                  Originally posted by Gradiant
                  I'm kind of confused as to what the point of the whole deal is, J-rodd. If you were really green, then your supposed power wouldn't be necessary unless you decide you'd like to make a complete ass of yourself just to take advantage of the power, which it appears you are doing right now. Otherwise, you could just...you know, not get aggressively defensive and target people questioning your silly play. Then people wouldn't vote for you and there would be no reason to post like you have been. All you are doing for me is ensuring that next day phase my vote will be going right on you (at least until something more serious comes up). Not because of a strong possibility of you being a wolf maybe, but because otherwise, your way of posting is completely unnecessary and not helping at all towards any sort of cause as far as I can see.


                  You are forgetting in your first sentence that Manti thought he would use the assumed power better than me, which I would probably have to agree with (no matter what the power is, he is a veteran player and would know more of what to do with whatever he got). In your second sentence, nobody is saying anything about a mutual betrayal, and it never happened, seeing as how I trusted. Not sure exactly why you would bring that point up.


                  The problem with this is that naturally people are going to be drawn to a silly play like that. As far as I could see, nobody was really 'bandwagoning', just voting (seeing as how it appears the majority of the players are all gung-ho about 'lynch all liars'). And this resulted in a very poor manner of posting by J-rodd as a response, in which case, how else are people supposed to think about him?

                  As for now, going to place a vote on Rune because he hasn't said anything yet and that worries me just a tad.
                  i shared my real night result. it wasn't some sort of "play", reading comprehension must be hard i've said it like 9023 times now. again i didn't target people questioning it, only ppl who i felt was questioning it in a weird way. you catch a lot of wolves this way just so you know.

                  awesome come at me next phase, we need people tunnelling, that's a great way to play this game, so impressive. you haven't explained as to why what i'm doing makes me a wolf. this whole post reeks of im trying too hard, but watever we've all been there.

                  poor posting, or saying what comes to mind. whatever it can cause a commotion but im pretty much LOCK CLEAR and ill keep saying what comes to my mind. maybe make a read or two thatd be nice puuuuuuke

                  Originally posted by FictionJunction
                  wow

                  Comment

                  • j-rodd123
                    End of the road
                    • Oct 2006
                    • 3692

                    #264
                    Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                    Originally posted by thesunfan
                    I feel like Charu's doing this because he believes that J-rodd is a wolf. I don't think the problem he has with it is the lie, and he's never espoused himself to be a bible-thumping lyncher-of-all-liars, but the motive behind the lie, which I must admit, I am still a tad bit confused about. But I do agree that its not worth talking about now. Charu, pick another bandwagon, jrodd will be here tomorrow.
                    what are you confused about lol.....

                    like here do i have to seriously fingerpaint my thoughts:

                    betray tps night 1 - i want a power, literally no info on tps he could easily be a wolf. if he betrayed i would not be phased

                    tell the thread i trusted him - figured it make ppl more likely to trust me in subsequent nights. this means i have more power in the situation so i could betray people i think could be a wolf.

                    Manti's plan- no reason not to go along with it.

                    Tell the thread i have a power, was more of a bookkeeping thing, it just isn't really a wolfy play no matter how hard wolves are gonna try and make it sound like it or detectives so badly want to be right they wont disregard it.

                    The thread would be less chaotic without it, sure but i said what came to my head and wanted the info in the thread to be accurate.

                    would it have made a difference? no it wouldn't have

                    you think i'm a wolf? cool keep coming, i'll keep shooting you down but today you can't do shit

                    Originally posted by FictionJunction
                    wow

                    Comment

                    • j-rodd123
                      End of the road
                      • Oct 2006
                      • 3692

                      #265
                      Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                      how is the motive behind telling the thread i trusted someone when i betrayed them when i could 100% get away with it confusing? i want as much control/power over the night decision in gaining a power/who i want to get a power. with night talking and out of thread talking off i cant just go message someone lol

                      Originally posted by FictionJunction
                      wow

                      Comment

                      • j-rodd123
                        End of the road
                        • Oct 2006
                        • 3692

                        #266
                        Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                        also people should make more reads

                        thumbs up BDN

                        Originally posted by FictionJunction
                        wow

                        Comment

                        • thesunfan
                          Role Tide
                          Sectional Moderator
                          • May 2011
                          • 10859

                          #267
                          Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                          I'm not going after you, in fact, I advocated not going after you any more today. That was posted after I read YMIA's last post, then, when I read the thread again, there were 5 more from Charu and yourself. I felt kinda embarrassed, but wasn't going to point it out. I'm starting to understand why you did what you did, please excuse my reading comprehension-less brain.
                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                          Originally posted by XelNya
                          I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                          Originally posted by star-crossed
                          (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                          Comment

                          • j-rodd123
                            End of the road
                            • Oct 2006
                            • 3692

                            #268
                            Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                            i dont know how to read either and only capitalize sentences when im posting from my phone

                            Originally posted by FictionJunction
                            wow

                            Comment

                            • Charu
                              Snivy! Dohoho!
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 6207

                              #269
                              Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                              Whatever, that is my response.

                              Well at this point, the only people I want to see now are lito, runescape, and pyschoangel (I'm echoing again, okay, shush).

                              Pyschoangel, I see you lurking the thread sometimes. Next time you drop by, don't be afraid to share your thoughts, yo!


                              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                              Had a very shiny nose
                              And if you ever saw it
                              You could even say it glows

                              All of the other Snivies
                              Used to laugh and call him names
                              They never let poor Charu
                              Join in any Snivy games

                              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                              Comment

                              • Charu
                                Snivy! Dohoho!
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Mar 2006
                                • 6207

                                #270
                                Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                                I think I saw Runescape lurk once as well, so I know you're active, mister!


                                Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                                Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                                Had a very shiny nose
                                And if you ever saw it
                                You could even say it glows

                                All of the other Snivies
                                Used to laugh and call him names
                                They never let poor Charu
                                Join in any Snivy games

                                (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                                All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                                Comment

                                Working...