TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • j-rodd123
    End of the road
    • Oct 2006
    • 3692

    #241
    Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

    Originally posted by Tps222
    danceguy

    you're playing the human advocate really well, but it is coming across as intentional. the post above only highlights the gut feeling I've had with your posts. Seemingly human-sounding rhetoric that doesn't actually accomplish anything.



    That is the Dancey's Modus Operandi.
    see i had a bad logic thought about danceguy being wolfy, because he didn't attack me at all or even mention me as wolfy, kind of making the right read because im human. either he's on the same page as me and actually understands, or he has tmi and is setting up a right read.

    dunno yet tho tbh just a thought

    Originally posted by FictionJunction
    wow

    Comment

    • dAnceguy117
      new hand moves = dab
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Dec 2002
      • 10103

      #242
      Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

      jrodd I wasn't on the same page as you to be honest. was pretty confused by what you were doing until you explained it further.

      Originally posted by Tps222
      you're playing the human advocate really well, but it is coming across as intentional.
      hmm I seem to recall you saying the same thing in the orbs game

      Originally posted by Tps222
      the post above only highlights the gut feeling I've had with your posts. Seemingly human-sounding rhetoric that doesn't actually accomplish anything.
      it's only rhetoric to the extent that I can't do anything about it. charu can keep talking about jrodd through this whole day phase if he wants to. if that happens then I'll keep making the same request to investigate elsewhere for now.

      Originally posted by Tps222
      That is the Dancey's Modus Operandi.
      lol what? my win condition isn't to get lynched. that's all I meant.

      Comment

      • Charu
        Snivy! Dohoho!
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2006
        • 6207

        #243
        Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

        Originally posted by dAnceguy117
        can we stop wasting time by only talking about someone who has claimed lynchproof for this phase please
        I don't see the problem of talking about a weird move and trying to understand it exactly why he chose to tell everyone about it instead of not saying anything. Maybe I am thinking way too much into j-rodd's intentions of publicly saying he lied, I just find it super weird and concerning.

        It concerns me also that no one else appears to share the same sentiments except for mellon. Does no one else think it's weird to only say you lied because you wanted everyone to know you can't be lynched today?


        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
        Had a very shiny nose
        And if you ever saw it
        You could even say it glows

        All of the other Snivies
        Used to laugh and call him names
        They never let poor Charu
        Join in any Snivy games

        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

        Comment

        • Charu
          Snivy! Dohoho!
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Mar 2006
          • 6207

          #244
          Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

          Gradiant, I see you lurking, what do you think? You haven't talked much.


          Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
          Charu the red-nosed Snivy
          Had a very shiny nose
          And if you ever saw it
          You could even say it glows

          All of the other Snivies
          Used to laugh and call him names
          They never let poor Charu
          Join in any Snivy games

          (Click the arrow to see the rest)


          Originally posted by Vendetta21
          All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

          Comment

          • j-rodd123
            End of the road
            • Oct 2006
            • 3692

            #245
            Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

            Originally posted by Charu
            I don't see the problem of talking about a weird move and trying to understand it exactly why he chose to tell everyone about it instead of not saying anything. Maybe I am thinking way too much into j-rodd's intentions of publicly saying he lied, I just find it super weird and concerning.

            It concerns me also that no one else appears to share the same sentiments except for mellon. Does no one else think it's weird to only say you lied because you wanted everyone to know you can't be lynched today?
            lol ur being weird, i wasn't holding an alarm saying hey guys look at me i lied give me attention, i was letting people know i had a power. keep looking if you wish idc.

            and the second part is wrong you can go back and read the thread to find out it is wrong. i wasn't going to reveal my power initially, but i was a bit fed up early on and was going to focus elsewhere.

            in summary, all this is wrong and idk where ur head is at :S yikes

            Originally posted by FictionJunction
            wow

            Comment

            • Gradiant
              FFR's Resident Trashpanda
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Sep 2012
              • 1100

              #246
              Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

              Originally posted by Charu
              Gradiant, I see you lurking, what do you think? You haven't talked much.
              Looks like I'm lurking because I'm writing up a post, don't worry

              Comment

              • Charu
                Snivy! Dohoho!
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Mar 2006
                • 6207

                #247
                Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                But that's just the thing I don't understand.

                You're saying you just want everyone to know you have a power.

                I'm saying it's pretty fucking weird to do that because apparently, according to you, all your power does is block a lynch. Why the FUCK was it imperative for us to know if it doesn't help anyone but you?


                Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                Had a very shiny nose
                And if you ever saw it
                You could even say it glows

                All of the other Snivies
                Used to laugh and call him names
                They never let poor Charu
                Join in any Snivy games

                (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                Comment

                • Charu
                  Snivy! Dohoho!
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Mar 2006
                  • 6207

                  #248
                  Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                  Like, I'm legit mad.


                  Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                  Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                  Had a very shiny nose
                  And if you ever saw it
                  You could even say it glows

                  All of the other Snivies
                  Used to laugh and call him names
                  They never let poor Charu
                  Join in any Snivy games

                  (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                  Originally posted by Vendetta21
                  All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                  Comment

                  • DarkManticoreX2
                    TWG Overlord
                    • Apr 2005
                    • 7355

                    #249
                    Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                    Originally posted by Charu
                    I don't see the problem of talking about a weird move and trying to understand it exactly why he chose to tell everyone about it instead of not saying anything. Maybe I am thinking way too much into j-rodd's intentions of publicly saying he lied, I just find it super weird and concerning.

                    It concerns me also that no one else appears to share the same sentiments except for mellon. Does no one else think it's weird to only say you lied because you wanted everyone to know you can't be lynched today?
                    Think about it like this.

                    J-rodd's ploy was to initially see who would bandwagon onto him with little effort. With that he could see people intentionally bandwagoning and people tying to put thought into their votes. This would create a player distinction which he hopes will allow him to find some wolves.


                    I'd imagine as a wolf he wouldn't come out into the open so much and make such a big scene. Wolves don't really want to be the center of attention because it gets them lynched more often than not. Maybe he's a wolf and he's using the lynchguard as protection for this ploy, but it would seem a lot easier to just do none of this from the start.


                    The thought process from the human side follows, there really doesn't seem to be a point from the wolf side.
                    AAA's = 800

                    Originally posted by V
                    Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                    Comment

                    • mellonxcollie
                      Sectional Moderator
                      Sectional Moderator
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 1304

                      #250
                      Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                      Originally posted by j-rodd123
                      including how you eventually got to thinking im human but your vote remains and now it's back to being "more telling" which is just lazy imo. you can't lynch me today get owned
                      I don't think you are reading my posts properly. I was explaining why I voted when I voted, my train of thought isn't "back to" anything. I haven't taken my vote off of you because I don't see anyone else who is a better candidate, and I never wanted to lynch you but just to put pressure on you and see how you reacted (which worked perfectly).
                      Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                      Comment

                      • Gradiant
                        FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Sep 2012
                        • 1100

                        #251
                        Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                        I'm kind of confused as to what the point of the whole deal is, J-rodd. If you were really green, then your supposed power wouldn't be necessary unless you decide you'd like to make a complete ass of yourself just to take advantage of the power, which it appears you are doing right now. Otherwise, you could just...you know, not get aggressively defensive and target people questioning your silly play. Then people wouldn't vote for you and there would be no reason to post like you have been. All you are doing for me is ensuring that next day phase my vote will be going right on you (at least until something more serious comes up). Not because of a strong possibility of you being a wolf maybe, but because otherwise, your way of posting is completely unnecessary and not helping at all towards any sort of cause as far as I can see.

                        Originally posted by Brilliant Dynamite Neon
                        WRONG. Wolves all know eachother to be trustworthy, and if wolves were paired, trusting gave any wolf pairs the highest chance of getting powers. So while possible, it seems statistically unlikely that a wolf pairing would result in a mutual betrayal. And the second-to-last sentence just seems kind of weaselly to me. It seems to suggest that there's something inherently wrong with the idea that you and Gradiant are wolves, which there isn't. It's a possibility that needs to be considered like anything else.
                        You are forgetting in your first sentence that Manti thought he would use the assumed power better than me, which I would probably have to agree with (no matter what the power is, he is a veteran player and would know more of what to do with whatever he got). In your second sentence, nobody is saying anything about a mutual betrayal, and it never happened, seeing as how I trusted. Not sure exactly why you would bring that point up.

                        Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                        J-rodd's ploy was to initially see who would bandwagon onto him with little effort. With that he could see people intentionally bandwagoning and people tying to put thought into their votes. This would create a player distinction which he hopes will allow him to find some wolves.
                        The problem with this is that naturally people are going to be drawn to a silly play like that. As far as I could see, nobody was really 'bandwagoning', just voting (seeing as how it appears the majority of the players are all gung-ho about 'lynch all liars'). And this resulted in a very poor manner of posting by J-rodd as a response, in which case, how else are people supposed to think about him?

                        As for now, going to place a vote on Rune because he hasn't said anything yet and that worries me just a tad.

                        Comment

                        • Charu
                          Snivy! Dohoho!
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 6207

                          #252
                          Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                          Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                          I'd imagine as a wolf he wouldn't come out into the open so much and make such a big scene. Wolves don't really want to be the center of attention because it gets them lynched more often than not. Maybe he's a wolf and he's using the lynchguard as protection for this ploy, but it would seem a lot easier to just do none of this from the start.


                          The thought process from the human side follows, there really doesn't seem to be a point from the wolf side.
                          Well then I must be either grasping impossible straws or I'm not seeing the bigger picture. That's what I'm pretty much getting at. There is a point to all of this if he's a wolf.

                          j-rodd publicly tells he lied, gets reaction, defends himself, people question why, he gives answer, appears human because why would wolves do that, tells his power, the power only protects him, continues to say he wanted everyone to know, appears more human if people do lynch him and he was right, pretty much becomes a strong green hen and will probably maintain that strong green.

                          See, that's my thought process in a nutshell. Sure, j-rodd could be human and he's doing this so he would be the most trusting person in this game, but I can very much see a wolf doing this and earning that same trust so that he could possibly get more powers.

                          That's why I'm so fucking confused on why he's saying he lied. Especially now because of his power he got. Ask yourself, why would someone say they have a power, and then only to tell you later that the power only protects them?


                          Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                          Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                          Had a very shiny nose
                          And if you ever saw it
                          You could even say it glows

                          All of the other Snivies
                          Used to laugh and call him names
                          They never let poor Charu
                          Join in any Snivy games

                          (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                          Comment

                          • dAnceguy117
                            new hand moves = dab
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Dec 2002
                            • 10103

                            #253
                            Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                            Originally posted by Charu
                            I don't see the problem of talking about a weird move and trying to understand it exactly why he chose to tell everyone about it instead of not saying anything. Maybe I am thinking way too much into j-rodd's intentions of publicly saying he lied, I just find it super weird and concerning.
                            the problem I have is that you're spending time talking about someone who did something you found "weird" during a phase when we apparently cannot lynch this person. it's like if you had a math exam tomorrow but you're too busy fretting over an art project that's due next month.

                            Originally posted by mellonxcollie
                            I was explaining why I voted when I voted, my train of thought isn't "back to" anything.
                            I think jrodd meant that you said earlier that jrodd's actions made him seem kinda human to you, but you haven't moved your vote at all and now you're saying he's the wolfiest player right now.

                            Originally posted by Gradiant
                            All you are doing for me is ensuring that next day phase my vote will be going right on you (at least until something more serious comes up). Not because of a strong possibility of you being a wolf maybe, but because otherwise, your way of posting is completely unnecessary and not helping at all towards any sort of cause as far as I can see.
                            tip: that is not a good strategy to win the game (if you're a human).

                            Comment

                            • yo man im awesome
                              soleil ardent
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • May 2007
                              • 6514

                              #254
                              Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                              k i'm home from school now, have my Orchestra concert at 6. Looking around at stuff.

                              Tokzic, that 75/25% post was mine, and I realized how stupid it sounded once #okigetitfojar was thrown in, since my post was before that.


                              I believe it was Silvuh who asked me to elaborate on what I meant by Bodyguard. My Bodyguard role allowed me to choose a player who, if they were chosen to be killed, would be protected, and my life would be taken instead.

                              Originally posted by choof
                              you double dad loving dipshit
                              Originally posted by t-rogdor
                              dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
                              Originally posted by smartdude1212
                              I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

                              Comment

                              • yo man im awesome
                                soleil ardent
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • May 2007
                                • 6514

                                #255
                                Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                                Also, I could only use the power that night.

                                Originally posted by choof
                                you double dad loving dipshit
                                Originally posted by t-rogdor
                                dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
                                Originally posted by smartdude1212
                                I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

                                Comment

                                Working...