TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dAnceguy117
    new hand moves = dab
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2002
    • 10103

    #481
    Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

    not seeing a reason to lynch you.

    and on that note,
    KgZ

    Comment

    • Guest15937
      One-handed elite
      • May 2008
      • 1464

      #482
      Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

      Originally posted by dAnceguy117
      not seeing a reason to lynch you.

      and on that note,
      KgZ
      Care to give your reasoning? Considering we have THREE prime wolf suspects and a player who just called for himself to be lynched, this vote seems totally random.
      The renegade has betrayed me.

      Comment

      • Afrobean
        Admiral in the Red Army
        • Dec 2003
        • 13262

        #483
        Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

        well my method of "working with what I'm given" would be to just push to lynch everyone who has lied

        which would take 3 days at best...?

        assuming i even had the influence necessary to get it done

        which i don't

        I mean, BDN seems pretty sincere, so even though he should be lynched for lying, I don't think he'll be getting lynched for this. Psycho could easily go down today (they're top of my list now ahead of jrodd...), and jrodd could get it later, but I feel like BDN just won't. Even with him asking for it. He really fucked things up, he was playing well despite his lying gambit, and had he made it through to the end without being exposed, I might even have been willing to commend him for it. But with him being a liar, I kind of have to want him to be lynched. And that's awful.

        ps I've already made my case repeatedly in this game AND in the postgame for the previous game. But some cocky fucks don't get it.

        pps@guest: Just because someone asks to be lynched doesn't mean it's a good idea. If he's red, he's bluffing, hoping we won't actually do it. And we might not do it because if we think he's town, we'd be wasting a lynch to kill him. Getting his cardflip doesn't mean that much, the only reason to ACTUALLY lynch him is strict adherence to lynch-all-losers, and I think I'm the only one who would back that up.

        Comment

        • dAnceguy117
          new hand moves = dab
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Dec 2002
          • 10103

          #484
          Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

          Originally posted by Guest15937
          Care to give your reasoning? Considering we have THREE prime wolf suspects and a player who just called for himself to be lynched, this vote seems totally random.
          the jrodd thing I'm ignoring because I see it as a role-neutral gambit.

          the TPS/Psychoangel thing I'm gonna wait on.

          lastly, I don't lynch player x simply because player x says to do so.



          there are a number of people who have been sitting back and contributing fairly little. of those people, I think the day 1 dilemmas make KgZ look the wolfiest.

          mind saying more of what's on your mind there, Guest?

          Comment

          • Tokzic
            FFR Player
            • May 2005
            • 6878

            #485
            Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

            BDN and Danceguy are wolves.

            Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

            Comment

            • dAnceguy117
              new hand moves = dab
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Dec 2002
              • 10103

              #486
              Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

              mind elaborating a bit, honey?

              Comment

              • Tokzic
                FFR Player
                • May 2005
                • 6878

                #487
                Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                My interpretation of the situation is thus: It feels like a wolf got a power to fuck up the trust/betray system in some way, and BDN is doing a big dramatic play on the situation to try to rally people to a dumb cause - namely, that they fucked with two greens following the plan everyone said to follow.

                On Day 1, V and BDN both claim they trusted, and both claim they got nothing. There is a 75% chance this isn't true. Probability suggests it's likeliest at least one of them is lying. Either BDN is sketchy as fuck, or V is playing me like a fucking instrument. But I'm pretty sure BDN is the one who tastes funny.

                This stunt is so fucking dramatic, too. Like, this LYNCH ME SO YOU HAVE PROOF thing sounds more to me like "I GOT CARDFLIP GREEN POWER AND I'M TRYING TO GET SOME MILES OUT OF IT." I think what's going on here is that BDN is trying to sacrifice his life in order to get humans on the completely wrong track.

                Danceguy? Well, it's kind of a gut feeling, but his attitude about it just fits what a wolf would do with his partner in such a situation. He doesn't want his partner to die needlessly if it can be avoided, so he takes the initiative to pretend he finds him to human to even consider lynching. Try to deflect the lynch and get BDN back under the radar.

                Am I fucking wrong? Let's find out. Let's entertain BDN's lynch-me-for-validity-of-my-ideals. I don't agree with your long-term plan, but I'm sure down for the short term one.

                Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                Comment

                • Tokzic
                  FFR Player
                  • May 2005
                  • 6878

                  #488
                  Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                  KgZ is such a low-hanging fruit vote, too.

                  Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                  Comment

                  • Tokzic
                    FFR Player
                    • May 2005
                    • 6878

                    #489
                    Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                    seriously dude

                    guy has made one post

                    i would way rather see him get replaced and then make a read on an active player later than try to pass judgment on one post

                    Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                    Comment

                    • dAnceguy117
                      new hand moves = dab
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Dec 2002
                      • 10103

                      #490
                      Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                      seems far-fetched. the most effective strategy for wolves is to continue to live. wolf-BDN sacrifices himself to get Psychoangel lynched, who was likely going to be lynched anyway?

                      doesn't low-hanging fruit mean an easy lynch? pretty sure I haven't compelled a single other person to vote KgZ yet. KgZ has far more than 1 post btw.

                      Comment

                      • Tokzic
                        FFR Player
                        • May 2005
                        • 6878

                        #491
                        Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                        by low-hanging fruit i mean that's the safest vote on the planet

                        it's a vote on a guy that hasn't said anything

                        why wouldn't you first focus your attention on the people who are saying suspicious things, rather than the people who have yet to say much about things, but will inevitably either produce some content or be replaced with someone who does

                        wolfy shit dawg

                        Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                        Comment

                        • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
                          nobody fiffers anymore.
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Dec 2006
                          • 2440

                          #492
                          Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                          Originally posted by Afrobean
                          If we think he's town, we'd be wasting a lynch to kill him. Getting his cardflip doesn't mean that much[.]
                          I beg to differ. First, we are down the same amount of humans that would result from a D1 mislynch. This happens all the time, and while a D2 mislynch is less than optimal, it's not the end of the world, especially if it helps reveal wolves. And my cardflip should mean a lot, because IMO I am backing the best plan that's been proposed. That's your decision though, but you should post your reasoning for all to see. We need to work this out before any lynch decision is made, remember?

                          My decision to offer myself for the lynch is based on my belief that through my gambit, I have made myself a toxic presence in the game, hindering the humans' ability to find the wolves in the day game, which is by far the most important thing in this game. By the way, I never said there weren't alternatives to lynching me -- they're not as sure, but they're there. To wit:

                          - I seriously doubt there's a Seer power in the game, due to it's uselessness to wolves, but if there is, someone can investigate me if they get it and clear me that way (there's also the possibility that powers are converted into something else if they're not useful to a team, or that wolves and humans draw from different power pools).
                          - You could lynch psychoangel today and kill me during the night with any Vigilante power you get, if you wanna be absolutely sure.
                          - Hell, you could even put me on the shit list with today's three prime suspects and betray me every time. I don't mind not ever getting a power again, as long as I'm helping to keep powers away from the wolves.

                          I sincerely believe, however, that it is the best course of action to lynch me, so that my name is 100% cleared before the next twilight, and people are able to confidently put the power plan into motion once they know I'm human and had no ill intent putting it forth.

                          In any case, it's not over till the fat lady sings, so I'm definitely going to play this whole day and deliver my analysis of the last, like I promised. Hopefully this should give me more well-formed reads that will have real weight. Not tomorrow/today though because parties >.<
                          ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

                          Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

                          Comment

                          • Tokzic
                            FFR Player
                            • May 2005
                            • 6878

                            #493
                            Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                            oops after reviewing the thread kgz has actually made a fair number of posts

                            i guess he made like four while my power was out hehe

                            Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                            Comment

                            • dAnceguy117
                              new hand moves = dab
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Dec 2002
                              • 10103

                              #494
                              Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                              Originally posted by Tokzic
                              why wouldn't you first focus your attention on the people who are saying suspicious things, rather than the people who have yet to say much about things, but will inevitably either produce some content or be replaced with someone who does
                              partly because activity has died toward the ends of recent games so I want to keep most of the chatty folks in play

                              partly because I think I have a clear read on one of the twilight 1 dilemmas.

                              also the "suspicious things" said by people have been blown out of proportion imo.

                              Comment

                              • Tokzic
                                FFR Player
                                • May 2005
                                • 6878

                                #495
                                Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

                                but god i just can't get over this "LYNCH ME FOR PROOF" bullshit

                                Like, if you're human, why the fuck would you be in a rush to lynch yourself for proof.
                                Best case scenario: everyone believes you and the humans don't spend any of their lynches unnecessarily killing a human. Worst-case scenario: Nobody believes you and you get lynched, you cardflip green anyway.

                                Why rush to the worst-case scenario? I don't get it.

                                The fact that he initially lied about his trust makes me think that he has a power and he's claiming credit for Xiz. Even if another wolf did it, which is likelier than not, he still wouldn't meet any counterclaims for it.

                                Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                                Comment

                                Working...