TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ShadoWolfe
    FFR Player
    • Jun 2009
    • 171

    #2476
    Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

    Originally posted by dadcop2
    yeah, never happened before right?

    give me an actual attack to defend and i will
    Okay. You're being really complacent, and a review of your posts throughout the game (ISO, accessible through clicking the # of posts next to a thread, then clicking the #postcount of the relevant player, here) shows that you haven't been scumhunting basically all game.

    When you are here, you say people can ask you questions, but you don't have any for others. You've responded to a lot of jokeposts, and have made a bunch of them yourself, but haven't really pushed or prodded anyone or made a visible effort to solve this game at all.

    In the third day phase (D2), you said you didn't have an opinion on DFR because he hadn't done anything scummy or anything towny. You also said you didn't want to post reads because your list was mostly nulls at that point.

    Basically, you pop in here and there, occasionally leaving your thoughts on something that's going on, but are content/complacent in leaving the game to others. That's usually a scumtell (exactly like the one I just pushed dAnce on last phase), because town will mostly put in at least some effort into solving the game.

    Basically.. Why haven't you been trying to find wolves?
    Also, who do you think the remaining two wolves are, and why?





    Originally posted by Hakulyte
    I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
    Originally posted by XelNya
    " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
    Originally posted by YoshL
    "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

    Comment

    • ShadoWolfe
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2009
      • 171

      #2477
      Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

      Originally posted by Hakulyte
      No one has seriously addressed my alignment this phase and I figured I had to create content to give you something to look at. I am trying to help you read me.
      This was one of the reasons you gave for pushing me. But you also did say you changed your mind because you reread your own post and found it wasn't incriminating, meaning that you had to at least have pushed partly because you thought I was a wolf, right?

      Great, so which is it? Did you think I was town and was trying to help me read you, or did you think I was a wolf and were trying to reactiontest?
      Whatever your answer is to that, why did you try to explain pushing me by giving five different reasons for the same single push?

      Originally posted by Hakulyte
      I really thought AA's slot was a wolf from the beginning and I changed my mind. These posts are about me explaining why I changed my mind.
      Yes, but after you changed your mind you tried to explain away why you pushed me initially this phase, and gave a bunch of conflicting answers. Can't you see that that's why I keep asking these same questions? Because you gave literally 5 different reasons for one action.

      Originally posted by Hakulyte
      How am I pushing you if my current lynch pool is DFR/dadcop2 ?
      Come on, Haku. Obviously I'm referring to your push at the start of this phase, and that's past tense. You changed your lynch pool after taking back your push on me.

      Originally posted by Hakulyte
      Not this time.
      -sigh- I don't know if I can believe this rn





      Originally posted by Hakulyte
      I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
      Originally posted by XelNya
      " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
      Originally posted by YoshL
      "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
      Originally posted by mellon_collie
      "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

      Comment

      • Hakulyte
        aka Haku
        • Jul 2005
        • 4697

        #2478
        Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

        Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
        This was one of the reasons you gave for pushing me. But you also did say you changed your mind because you reread your own post and found it wasn't incriminating, meaning that you had to at least have pushed partly because you thought I was a wolf, right?

        Great, so which is it? Did you think I was town and was trying to help me read you, or did you think I was a wolf and were trying to reactiontest?
        Whatever your answer is to that, why did you try to explain pushing me by giving five different reasons for the same single push?
        I was reacting testing you and trying to help you read me at same time. Honestly, you're making this more confusing than it should be.
        I will always have some doubts about your alignment, but you look a lot better than the rest. I just couldn't think of a better way to use content and help you read me.

        Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
        Yes, but after you changed your mind you tried to explain away why you pushed me initially this phase, and gave a bunch of conflicting answers. Can't you see that that's why I keep asking these same questions? Because you gave literally 5 different reasons for one action.
        What's wrong with having 5 different reasons for one action?

        Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
        Come on, Haku. Obviously I'm referring to your push at the start of this phase, and that's past tense. You changed your lynch pool after taking back your push on me.
        It's more prodding than a push fmpov.

        Comment

        • dadcop2
          FFR Player
          • Jan 2016
          • 229

          #2479
          Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

          Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
          Okay. You're being really complacent, and a review of your posts throughout the game (ISO, accessible through clicking the # of posts next to a thread, then clicking the #postcount of the relevant player, here) shows that you haven't been scumhunting basically all game.

          When you are here, you say people can ask you questions, but you don't have any for others. You've responded to a lot of jokeposts, and have made a bunch of them yourself, but haven't really pushed or prodded anyone or made a visible effort to solve this game at all.

          In the third day phase (D2), you said you didn't have an opinion on DFR because he hadn't done anything scummy or anything towny. You also said you didn't want to post reads because your list was mostly nulls at that point.

          Basically, you pop in here and there, occasionally leaving your thoughts on something that's going on, but are content/complacent in leaving the game to others. That's usually a scumtell (exactly like the one I just pushed dAnce on last phase), because town will mostly put in at least some effort into solving the game.

          Basically.. Why haven't you been trying to find wolves?
          Also, who do you think the remaining two wolves are, and why?
          if you were to say i put in little effort i'd be fine with that. but you said i've put no effort in, which you know is a lie. remaining 2 wolves imo are you and dfr. dfr is on the table until he explains his last reads list, and you're on because i don't like your interactions with haku and i'm taking his side on that. you're really nitpicking his posts in a way i think is unnecessary. yeah, he gave you 5 reasons why he pushed you. are all 5 of them mutually exclusive? no

          Comment

          • MixMasterLar
            Beach Bum Extraordinaire
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Aug 2006
            • 5401

            #2480
            Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

            Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
            Oh, I haven't read it yet.
            I'm going to need to because I hear it's the only source of info on dadcop's meta, but haven't had the time to read TWG outside of this game.

            I got the idea from the first game I read where I think sunfan? used that exact tactic to ask another player a question (I think maybe dAnce?) with a time limit. It ended up not working there, either, but I hoped it might lead to something here.



            Eh, I was hoping you'd try to brush it off or explain it offhandedly without giving you time to go back and see what your first response was. I guess your memory didn't need time to recall your reasoning. Didn't work, but it was worth a shot.
            Ok to be fair he went about it very differently (Wasn't a game related question, requested it be at least two paragraphs long, etc etc) But I was expecting something along those lines even with 120 seconds.

            I think what gets me about your response was "It's never that easy" implying to me that you didn't get what you wanted and didn't get anything you could use from my answer. I would expect it to at least be an indication that my answer was not a lie (IE a town thing to say) but I got the sense you where trying to get me to mislynch myself.

            Now that may not be fair, because SunFan just tried something similar and I made that comparison before you even asked, but that's my point of view on the matter.

            Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
            The only wolf game I've ever played on FFR was the cancelled Survivor Valais, where I was very much the opposite of a team player. I refused to cooperate with the OP town strat, I argued against everything that was good for town, and I was generally just very much not a team player. Even if I was, though, you couldn't say I "tend" to be anything off of one game.
            Dear God I thought you where dead when you denied that. I can't believe people didn't jump on you. I could have swore I was gonna have to mislynch and hope that the Lie Detector was a dipshit lol.

            Originally posted by Hakulyte
            That's self-commentary after rereading my post and realizing how weak it looks like even before you posted about it.
            Translation: "Basically I knew it was bullshit and here's my way out please read me like I'm stupid it gets me to not be lynched"

            Originally posted by dadcop2
            i mean you can be productive and still be a wolf. productivity isn't entirely alignment indicative
            You'd be surprised. I mean I'll be fair and say it's not a steadfast rule....

            AA could do it
            Charu has done it to me a few times.
            Xel and Xiz tend to be the higher Post Count Wolves when I was trying to prove Post Theory....

            but besides examples here and there, everyone tends to drop off and be more inactive as wolf. It's just super easy to go under the radar with fewer post.


            QUESTION DADCOP


            Why did you not make this argument when AA and Freezin where talking about lynching inactives? Why did you wait this long?
            If you did, please quote that if you have time (it's not EoD so I fully expect you to have time to find your post)


            Originally posted by dadcop2
            yeah thats true, but honestly how much of it is really content? i went back to the last couple pages after this day started and ctrl+f'd my name. apart from a couple things from mml mentioning how i was stuck on storn being ic all day(i wasn't i had literally like 2 posts about that), and how he didn't like me leaving the thread when nobody else posted anything and i had to go do shit, all posts that included me were statements along the lines of "dadcop is scum", or "dadcop should be lynched". uh yeah, real detailed stuff there man. great content keep it up.
            That's a horrible way to read through the thread. First, are you checking for shortened versions of your name? If I did mine I'd never show, for example, because everyone calls me MML or Lar

            Second, it really seems like you are more worried about how people view you vesus trying to play the game.

            QUESTION DADCOP2

            Are you aware where everyone stands with one another, or only with how they feel about you?

            Originally posted by Hakulyte
            What's wrong with having 5 different reasons for one action?
            Give them all out at once and nothing at all.


            Originally posted by Hakulyte
            It's more prodding than a push fmpov.
            Uhhhhhhhhhhhh bullshit. That was a push. A push that you immediately regretted.
            ​

            Comment

            • MixMasterLar
              Beach Bum Extraordinaire
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2006
              • 5401

              #2481
              Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

              Originally posted by dadcop2
              if you were to say i put in little effort i'd be fine with that. but you said i've put no effort in, which you know is a lie. remaining 2 wolves imo are you and dfr. dfr is on the table until he explains his last reads list, and you're on because i don't like your interactions with haku and i'm taking his side on that. you're really nitpicking his posts in a way i think is unnecessary. yeah, he gave you 5 reasons why he pushed you. are all 5 of them mutually exclusive? no
              Please explain how you would feel about DFR if he explained his reads/hadn't made that last one yet, please.


              Please explain what was the most grounded point that Haku made from your point of view, please.
              ​

              Comment

              • MixMasterLar
                Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Aug 2006
                • 5401

                #2482
                Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                Oh I forgot to put his name in that post watch him never get back to me.



                Haku if Shado is scum then you really are doing everything in your power to make him look better for me. Jesus.

                Haku and Dadcop2 trending down, Shado surprisingly trending up (sidenote: AA totally did have his vote on Pazzaz for while, though. Also I voted Pazzaz because of his interactions with me just fyi. Fucker tried calling me scum over two shitposts and couldn't back up that argument, blows my mind he was a vendor)

                DFR is kind of just where I left him at to be honest. I really, really don't like how that "interaction" we had at start of the phase went, but I really did read him town before.
                ​

                Comment

                • Hakulyte
                  aka Haku
                  • Jul 2005
                  • 4697

                  #2483
                  Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                  Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                  Translation: "Basically I knew it was bullshit and here's my way out please read me like I'm stupid it gets me to not be lynched"
                  Yup, that's the idea.
                  Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                  Uhhhhhhhhhhhh bullshit. That was a push. A push that you immediately regretted.
                  Does that change anything?

                  Comment

                  • dadcop2
                    FFR Player
                    • Jan 2016
                    • 229

                    #2484
                    Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                    You'd be surprised. I mean I'll be fair and say it's not a steadfast rule....

                    AA could do it
                    Charu has done it to me a few times.
                    Xel and Xiz tend to be the higher Post Count Wolves when I was trying to prove Post Theory....

                    but besides examples here and there, everyone tends to drop off and be more inactive as wolf. It's just super easy to go under the radar with fewer post.


                    QUESTION DADCOP


                    Why did you not make this argument when AA and Freezin where talking about lynching inactives? Why did you wait this long?
                    If you did, please quote that if you have time (it's not EoD so I fully expect you to have time to find your post)




                    That's a horrible way to read through the thread. First, are you checking for shortened versions of your name? If I did mine I'd never show, for example, because everyone calls me MML or Lar

                    Second, it really seems like you are more worried about how people view you vesus trying to play the game.

                    QUESTION DADCOP2

                    Are you aware where everyone stands with one another, or only with how they feel about you?
                    no, i didn't make that argument before, and i didn't feel that i had to because there were other factors beyond activity that made me think those players were wolves.

                    what shortened names do i have? i checked dadcop, dad, and cop. what else do you want me to check? farmercrops2?

                    see my above argument about the 'too defensive' double standard

                    yes, i'm aware of how everyone stands with everyone right now and that i'm not the only main target but dfr is too

                    Comment

                    • Hakulyte
                      aka Haku
                      • Jul 2005
                      • 4697

                      #2485
                      Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                      Give them all out at once and nothing at all.
                      You have to understand that I was reactive posting and kept trying to give explanations behind my posts. I ended up accumulating reasons, but I didn't think ahead of time about them.

                      tl;dr: I didn't think about doing this.

                      Comment

                      • MixMasterLar
                        Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 5401

                        #2486
                        Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                        Originally posted by Hakulyte
                        Yup, that's the idea.


                        You can't fucking be serious right now how am I even suppose to take you seriously let alone think this is from a town

                        fuck



                        Originally posted by Hakulyte
                        Does that change anything?
                        Yeah because if it is and you're saying it isn't that means you are backpeddling

                        Which you just fucking admitted to in the most wolfy way possible so yeah that's moot
                        ​

                        Comment

                        • dadcop2
                          FFR Player
                          • Jan 2016
                          • 229

                          #2487
                          Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                          Please explain how you would feel about DFR if he explained his reads/hadn't made that last one yet, please.


                          Please explain what was the most grounded point that Haku made from your point of view, please.
                          i'd view dfr as a bit of an oddball still but not necessarily quite as scummy

                          what matters to me is that haku recognized that he made a mistake, and yet shado keeps pushing him. of course you're going to get confused and convoluted responses out of anyone. that shouldn't be nitpicked as hard as shado is doing it. or are you talking about points he made outside of arguing with shado?

                          Comment

                          • MixMasterLar
                            Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2006
                            • 5401

                            #2488
                            Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                            Originally posted by dadcop2
                            i'd view dfr as a bit of an oddball still but not necessarily quite as scummy

                            what matters to me is that haku recognized that he made a mistake, and yet shado keeps pushing him. of course you're going to get confused and convoluted responses out of anyone. that shouldn't be nitpicked as hard as shado is doing it. or are you talking about points he made outside of arguing with shado?
                            Both please

                            Also I feel like you're skipping over some of my questions
                            ​

                            Comment

                            • dadcop2
                              FFR Player
                              • Jan 2016
                              • 229

                              #2489
                              Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                              Originally posted by Hakulyte
                              Yup, that's the idea.

                              Does that change anything?
                              okay, THIS is kinda strange. expected him to argue here

                              Comment

                              • dadcop2
                                FFR Player
                                • Jan 2016
                                • 229

                                #2490
                                Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                                Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                                Both please

                                Also I feel like you're skipping over some of my questions
                                i answered them in the order as i read them. "feeling" doesn't matter here. i'll get back to you on this after i take a shower brb

                                Comment

                                Working...