TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ShadoWolfe
    FFR Player
    • Jun 2009
    • 171

    #2446
    Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

    Originally posted by Hakulyte
    Well, I'll give you the short answer now.

    I knew I posted garbage in the first place, I was mostly trying to reaction test you more than anything because you're not AA himself.

    I believe you're town at this point.

    I can go answer these for your entertainment I guess.
    It's not for my entertainment, it's to help me figure out if you're a wolf. If I hadn't responded to yours, you wouldn't have been able to change your reads. Thanks for doing the same.

    Also, if you knew they were garbage to begin with, why did you say you thought they were incriminating?





    Originally posted by Hakulyte
    I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
    Originally posted by XelNya
    " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
    Originally posted by YoshL
    "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

    Comment

    • Hakulyte
      aka Haku
      • Jul 2005
      • 4697

      #2447
      Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

      Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
      It's not for my entertainment, it's to help me figure out if you're a wolf. If I hadn't responded to yours, you wouldn't have been able to change your reads. Thanks for doing the same.

      Also, if you knew they were garbage to begin with, why did you say you thought they were incriminating?
      That's self-commentary after rereading my post and realizing how weak it looks like even before you posted about it.

      Comment

      • ShadoWolfe
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2009
        • 171

        #2448
        Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

        Originally posted by Hakulyte
        That's self-commentary after rereading my post and realizing how weak it looks like even before you posted about it.
        Well to be fair that was after both my phoneposted response and my "halfway" post saying you're reaching, but yeah I can see it being self-commentary.

        Also, I know it's really late, so you really can get back to me in the morning if you'd prefer.
        I'm gonna try to sleep, it's almost 2hrs later than I said I wanted to go to bed.





        Originally posted by Hakulyte
        I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
        Originally posted by XelNya
        " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
        Originally posted by YoshL
        "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
        Originally posted by mellon_collie
        "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

        Comment

        • ShadoWolfe
          FFR Player
          • Jun 2009
          • 171

          #2449
          Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

          G'night babe





          Originally posted by Hakulyte
          I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
          Originally posted by XelNya
          " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
          Originally posted by YoshL
          "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
          Originally posted by mellon_collie
          "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

          Comment

          • ShadoWolfe
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2009
            • 171

            #2450
            Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

            ... G'night Haku *

            //I use Swype and swyped "Haku" but it thought I swyped babe 😅

            Whoops





            Originally posted by Hakulyte
            I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
            Originally posted by XelNya
            " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
            Originally posted by YoshL
            "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
            Originally posted by mellon_collie
            "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

            Comment

            • Hakulyte
              aka Haku
              • Jul 2005
              • 4697

              #2451
              Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

              Long version. (not really, 80% of the space is quotes)

              Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
              When did he discard objective thinking with false promises? Go on, I'd like to see one actual example (the one you listed doesn't include a false promise or even hint at AA "discarding objectivity") of this because it's vague and seems like an exaggeration that you're trying to sell..
              Discarding objectivity: (topic is Storn not being wolf D0)
              Originally posted by T-Force
              It's a ballsy-ass read, but yes. For the most part it is.
              Let me word it this way.

              I am so confident in my read that I am willing to vote and lynch MYSELF over storn.
              Originally posted by AragakiAyase
              t-force
              Originally posted by AragakiAyase
              not town mindset

              not town fucking mindset

              die

              I think I know what you're getting at but it's not there yet so die
              The very last line is just really confusing to read because T-Force was most likely hinting at Storn being IC due to his "cannot be mislynched" post and AA is simply not here anymore to explain what he really meant here.

              The most interesting part about all of this is that if we operate under the idea that AA knew Storn was IC, it would make sense to conclude that AA is town because Storn haven't died until the last phase. If he's town, why would he wants to lynch T-Force for pointing this out? The only logical explanation to me is that T-Force got lynched for pointing out that Storn is Town and that could have been a hint about outing a PR.
              To be accurate; "I am willing to vote and lynch MYSELF over storn" is probably not something you should post as a town.

              It's either something along these lines or it's a wolf AA who delayed a Storn IC lynch up to this point and replaced out. That just makes no sense lol.

              ---

              Another example was supposed to be about R.E. Aryxi not getting investigated as much as you would expect considering the voting intentions behind D0 + T-Force's request.
              AA pretty much claimed that he would priorize inactives.
              Originally posted by AragakiAyase
              aryxi is just slanking so hard it irritates me
              You have like T-Force not understanding how that makes him a priority; #1414
              Originally posted by AragakiAyase
              if you are actually town I will grill him in your honor
              Ditto; #1421
              Originally posted by AragakiAyase
              if t-force flips town and I die kill aryxi thanks
              I really don't understand why he keeps repeating himself sometimes;
              Originally posted by AragakiAyase
              assuming I don't die
              I keep getting confused when AA do these "confirmation" posts about what he's doing. I mean, I can understand the paranoia because he died a lot early in his previous games, but fmpov, that made him look weird along a lot of small posts.

              Note that weird =/= wolfy. It's just me not registering intention behind posts properly at all.

              The next Day..

              Originally posted by AragakiAyase
              aryxi

              at the request of t-force and because of your general lack of anything, please produce some hot reads
              Alright, promise has been kept, but what about his reaction around R.E. Aryxi?
              Originally posted by AragakiAyase
              yeah sure you were going to let it go

              MML
              R.E. Aryxi hasn't been here yet at this point so, I guess it's okay if there's a MML / AA for game progression.
              Originally posted by AragakiAyase
              I don't need to read your entire ISO to think that you're scum

              I think that you're scum because you treated a series of questions that are entirely speculation as serious questions and are trying to shade me for it



              just look at the tone

              it totally looks like you suspect me just because I didn't die, and that's pretty lol

              you realize how easily wolves could use that train of thought to implicate me just by not killing me?
              I do want to point out the 2 reasons why this is actually even a thing.

              1. AA during this game has been refering to himself occasionally as being in danger of dying early. (because it's been true in previous games)
              2. I happened to post about him as an example for someone getting killed.

              Clarification: This is not supposed to be read as a reason to lynch him.

              Originally posted by AragakiAyase
              looking at it now it's not as bad as I thought it was, maybe I'm just triggered from MML being super hostile this game

              maybe he's town, I'm too tired to think clearly on it right now

              aryxi peaced out again, this is unacceptable
              Oh, he's back to Aryxi, good. Aryxi posted.

              Originally posted by R.E. Aryxi
              Reads:
              AA- An abundance of pushes, valid towny replied when pushed every single time and overall has a very solid productive game - towny.
              choof Null till further notice.
              Charu - rip. In between the oh's, many birbs and the reaction pictures I feel like he was actually scum hunting more than people had initially thought. Mainly because Charu didn't just randomly color an "oh" (besides the yellow) because someone said something that was alignment indicative- or at least something he liked/agreed with or scummy/bad. Which then leads to his read list

              danceflashrevo - Awfully nice and idk what to make of it so null..
              dAnceguy117 - Posted alot more than felt it felt like when I was going thought thread,
              dadcop2 - Sittin back a bit but he's made his presence known throughout the days and I've agreed with way more posts than I did not. Feelin towny so far.

              - Took a break to eat some pumpkin pie, went to the store to grab some needed icecream -

              Freezin - Similar situation with haku but i've definitely felt a towny with the more recent posts. I'll keep an eye out though..
              Haku - Re read his posts multiple times and yet still I don't find anything that was too alignment indicative other than when he had debunked the bad puzzle theory, he stays townish as he was beforehand. Keepin an eye out for ya
              MML - Super aggro but aside from the altercations yesterday I can see the scumhunting in the posts, the "why is charu dead" is lol but regardless you are taking everything into account and I like seeing that, maybe just not in the lul factor but regardless the effort is there. - towny
              Pazzaz - Chillin a bit since, has had chances to put in 2 cents
              storn42 - Looked through a few games he's played and he's normally dueced out after he's said something contentful, however he's had alot less presence in this game imo. sumlean

              Underwhelming? Yes (That shouldn't even be a question at this point), but if you want honest reads then this is what the summary is and I generally don't much to say unless something really captivates my attention and a vote won't do it at this point. I literally sat at my pc staring at the thread to get something- anything- page by page to get something to better the read list but to no avail.


              Okay but I did say that I was going to be gone most of the day before hand and I didn't just say dueces and left people scratching their their heads like: "o well he's doing the wolf thing again, might as well call him a bigger dumbass."
              And no i don't have any excuses for being absent for almost all of d0. Work hindered my time being in the thread after the first 24 hours but after that I was just lurking like an idiot. So no, no excuses- just being stupid and bad like always.



              Yeaahhh no i didn't. Went to the store to grab some ice cream and was on reading earlier posts on mobile whenever I could, i guess mobile status takes priority over a pc that was still on the page. It's alright if you keep the vote on me but i've been putting out more content than all of the other games i've played, at least it seems that way to me. Seriously though, went through thread, break for ice cream, then straight back to thread working on reads.
              ...and...

              New wagon @ Pazzaz. Day 1.
              Originally posted by AragakiAyase
              pazzaz
              Originally posted by AragakiAyase
              if I'm honest with myself then I think MML has done his town tell this game

              but meh
              Originally posted by roundbox
              2 - Pazzaz: danceguy, AA
              1 - storn: DFR
              1 - R.E. Aryxi: FreezinIce

              Unvote: MML
              Glitz and glam vc when I get home
              Anyway, it goes on and on until AA eventually unvote EoD.

              Why did I quote this pile of quotes just now? It's because AA never really said anything about R.E. Aryxi himself. He just moved on straight to Pazzaz and that left me confused once again because I was expecting him to do something about Aryxi. It would have been bad on paper in terms of flips, but in terms of logic from following up what he said to T-Force, that was strange.

              I don't think that's a particularly important example because AA still did a ton of meaningful posting in terms of solving the game etc. It's just that I've spent most of this game tunneling on him and being confused about the continuity behind his posts.

              I'm just going to conclude that this is his playstyle and that I'm completely missing the point of "reading him properly".

              Anyway, this is a pretty lengthy post. I initially viewed him as more wolfy than towny because it felt like some of his actions had hidden purposes or that they were out of anything I could potentially comprehend. I really wanted to believe he was the deep wolf all along. I wanted to convince myself that he was the reason why this game wasn't going so well until danceguy's lynch. I guess it's really just me being paranoid/superstitious.

              I was supposed to try to explain why AA is a wolf, I pretty much just convinced myself that I'm wrong. (not really the first time this happens)

              Sorry for not taking all of your questions, but I think this should be enough to give you a good sample of where I was with this game and AA specifically.

              Comment

              • Hakulyte
                aka Haku
                • Jul 2005
                • 4697

                #2452
                Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                I feel like I almost posted something smart.



                Going to sleep.

                Comment

                • danceflashrevo
                  scumfan is scared of aa
                  • Sep 2007
                  • 488

                  #2453
                  Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                  There's 0 way wolf haku posts that. I town read haku all game, I null him because it's f5 and I need to reevaluate everyone, he's back at town. Fuck me if he's a wolf.

                  Why are you here?

                  Comment

                  • danceflashrevo
                    scumfan is scared of aa
                    • Sep 2007
                    • 488

                    #2454
                    Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                    Haku where do you stand now?

                    Why are you here?

                    Comment

                    • Hakulyte
                      aka Haku
                      • Jul 2005
                      • 4697

                      #2455
                      Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                      Originally posted by danceflashrevo
                      There's 0 way wolf haku posts that. I town read haku all game, I null him because it's f5 and I need to reevaluate everyone, he's back at town. Fuck me if he's a wolf.
                      That's pretty wolfy of you to not even reevaluate or say why you think so.
                      I asked you to comment my posts yesterday.
                      The reason is because I want to evaluate you as well.

                      Originally posted by danceflashrevo
                      Haku where do you stand now?
                      I'm most likely voting between you and dadcop2 this phase.

                      I keep revisiting MML, but I just don't see it if there's something.

                      I intended to vote you yesterday because you kept pushing Storn and made me look bad by asking me why I think Storn is town.
                      I softed, but you went like "but im dumb, I can't figure this out" and that just made me go "ugh, you're either not intending to try or you simply didn't see it at all".
                      Basically, I don't see you doing much right now and it's making me come to the conclusion that "it's because you're a wolf".

                      I think you're both doing what danceguy has been doing all game.

                      It's something like Haku > ShadoWolfe/MML > dadcop2/DFR for me atm.

                      Comment

                      • dadcop2
                        FFR Player
                        • Jan 2016
                        • 229

                        #2456
                        Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                        Originally posted by danceflashrevo
                        in order of town to scum i'd say
                        me, shado, haku, mml, dad.

                        Reevaluating haku it's really hard for me to say he's scum so I'd say between you and dad. But mostly dad. Dad left for cigarettes and never came back.
                        or you know, i could go leave to study for and take my electronics exam?

                        Comment

                        • Hakulyte
                          aka Haku
                          • Jul 2005
                          • 4697

                          #2457
                          Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                          Originally posted by dadcop2
                          or you know, i could go leave to study for and take my electronics exam?
                          Electronics I or II?

                          Is it basic stuff like V=RI logic with ladders?
                          ..or you are having fun with alternating current maths?

                          Just curious.

                          Comment

                          • dadcop2
                            FFR Player
                            • Jan 2016
                            • 229

                            #2458
                            Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                            Originally posted by Hakulyte
                            Electronics I or II?

                            Is it basic stuff like V=RI logic with ladders?
                            ..or you are having fun with alternating current maths?

                            Just curious.
                            I

                            AC shit is what im doing in circuits rn. electronics is a bunch of MOSFET bullshit that i don't care about nor will i ever use in my career

                            Comment

                            • dadcop2
                              FFR Player
                              • Jan 2016
                              • 229

                              #2459
                              Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                              Originally posted by danceflashrevo
                              @MML I posted where I'm at right now. I feel safest w/ dadcop. The second wolf is a toss up between haku/mml. I think shado is town.

                              @haku This is probably for post game but I feel like if the IC was in any danger he could've just claimed for himself. It's not like he can get counterclaimed or anything. But that's fair enough I guess.
                              lol'd @ these reads

                              Comment

                              • Hakulyte
                                aka Haku
                                • Jul 2005
                                • 4697

                                #2460
                                Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

                                I can confirm dadcop2 is not faking his exam.

                                #yey

                                I've been there. ;-;

                                Well, gl with your exam. Just make sure you have your 10 posts requirement at least.

                                Comment

                                Working...